Killzone 2 - $54.99 AC shipped @ Amazon

dallow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
EDIT2: Release date delivery has been added as an option! Free for Prime members, $5.98 for regular customers.

EDIT: Looks as though Amazon has raised the price on the game to $59.99, with the coupon, it would now be $54.99 shipped.

(credit to Guled)
Coupon: KZ2SAVE5

http://www.amazon.com/Killzone-2-Pl..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1233257919&sr=8-1

It's a good game this time (if you hated the first one):

IGN USA: 9.4
Eurogamer: 9/10
IGN UK: 9.4
IGN AU: 9.0
Gamepro 5/5
Gamereactor 10
Meristation: 9.5
Eurogamer.pt 10
Eurogamer.es 10
Gameplayer: 9.5
Empire: 4/5
Vandal 9.6
PSLife (denmark) 9.5
Gamepro (spanish) 10
Inside Gamer (dutch) 9.5
Konsolifin (finnish) 5/5
jeuxvideo.com 17/20
play3-live.com 19/20
Gamereactor (denmark): 9/10 - Second Opinion: 8/10
GamePlay (croatia): 20/20
576Kbyte (hungary): 9.7

Sorry if old. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='wampa8jedi']Pretty sweet, still not certain whether I want to get it or not (thinking no due to the lack of co-op).[/quote]

Multi player is supposed to be ground breaking though!!

[quote name='Rodster']You'll be waiting a while cause Sony is in the unfortunate position of milking the price of all the 1st party franchises so as to stop the bleeding of the PlayStation division.[/quote]

I'm not waiting for an official drop, just a retailer that values my money over somebody else. :)

Here are all of the reviews for this game so far.

OPM US: 5/5
OPM UK: 9/10
OPM Aus: 10/10
OPM Spain 9.5
OPM Netherlands: 91 (only reviewed single player portion)
Level 8/9
Gamepro: 5/5
MAXIM US: 3.5
MAXIM UK: 5/5
MegaGames.com: 9.9
576Kbyte: 9.7
Gameplay: 20/20
PSX Extreme: 95%
Hobby Consolas: 9.4
Eurogamer: 9/10
IGN USA: 9.4
IGN UK: 9.4
IGN AU: 9.0
Gamepro 5/5
Gamereactor (swedish): 10/10
Meristation: 9.5
Eurogamer.pt 10/10
Eurogamer.es 10/10
Gameplayer: 9.5
Empire: 4/5
Vandal 9.6
PSLife (denmark) 9.5
Gamepro (spanish) 10
Inside Gamer (dutch) 9.5
Konsolifin (finnish) 5/5

Well even after the 5 dollar off promotion code, its still 56.34, that's from the tax in NYC. So i'll either get it from NEWEGG or from my local store for 60 which charges no tax.

Also, amazon free shipping takes forever if you dont have prime

What do you all think about it not shipping till March 5th, even for two-day delivery? That's 5 days from release. I know it's the weekend, but seriously?

[quote name='SuperGayParade']What do you all think about it not shipping till March 5th, even for two-day delivery? That's 5 days from release. I know it's the weekend, but seriously?[/quote]That's what sucks about the Friday release.

What I'm doing is buying a store copy, and returning the Amazon one once it arrives to the store.

[quote name='dallow']That's what sucks about the Friday release.

What I'm doing is buying a store copy, and returning the Amazon one once it arrives to the store.[/quote]

Wow... that is the most awesome move ever. Thank you for sharing it!!

Thanks for the coupon code, saved a little bit more with it than with the gold box discount. Sucks that I couldn't use the code in my original preorder.

in for 1 thanks, I had to cancel my original order since I got it with a gold box discount, but for the extra 2 dollars in savings lol I'll do it.

im debating doing this versus getting it at my gamestop... i hate giving money to gamestop, but they're doing midnight launch..... decisions decisions...

[quote name='Twie']im debating doing this versus getting it at my gamestop... i hate giving money to gamestop, but they're doing midnight launch..... decisions decisions...[/quote]

It was a no brainer for me when I get to save $14 on the game. I can wait a couple of days, besides Amazon tends to send out a preordered games a day before it's released to the stores.

I remember getting a preordered game two days after it hit the stores. It's your call but I hate giving my money to Gamestop.

Nice! Canceled my existing Gold Box order with this to save a few more bucks. As far as the demo goes, I'll bypass Gamestop and get it with my European PSN account.

Thanks OP!

[quote name='shogun316']Thanks for the coupon code, saved a little bit more with it than with the gold box discount. Sucks that I couldn't use the code in my original preorder.[/quote]Did you try to call Amazon and ask them if they could apply the coupon to your goldbox preorder?

Thanks OP! I have this preordered at GS w/ some store credit, and was planning on buying RE5 from Amazon. Now I'll just shift that store credit to RE5. :)

The $10 Prince of Persia pre-order bonus from Amazon that I've been waiting to cash in plus this $5 off coupon forced me to bite on this. Thanks OP!

Nice. Well I preordered at Best Buy for the theme, which will be cancelled since I got the code now, and preordered at GameStop for the demo, which yes will be cancelled as soon as I get my code for that. Sucks though that it won't get to my house untill March 4 with 2 day Prime shipping.

[quote name='earvcunanan']If you're waiting for a high-profile Sony published PS3 game to drop down in price, then good luck to you in having the patience to endure the wait.[/quote]

QFT...

Just look at Ratchet and Clank, still sells for $60 MSRP... although I did have the patience to wait for God of War 2 to drop to $20.

[quote name='Chemosh013']can't wait for this to come to the 360!

(I kid i kid... just pre-ordered it. Really looking forward to seeing what the PS3 can do)[/quote]

are you questioning the power of the PS3....:bomb:

We dont really know if the price will increase or not when it comes out, do we? I mean what if it doesnt sell so well then they will be forced to give us an even lower price than the preorder.

[quote name='dealighted']We dont really know if the price will increase or not when it comes out, do we? I mean what if it doesnt sell so well then they will be forced to give us an even lower price than the preorder.[/quote]
It will sell very well.
Nice to see it at 2 in the Amazon ranks for all games.

[quote name='oasisboy']QFT...

Just look at Ratchet and Clank, still sells for $60 MSRP... although I did have the patience to wait for God of War 2 to drop to $20.[/quote]1 word for you: clearance. You can buy both Uncharted and Ratchet and Clank under $30 at Target/ Meijer etc.

[quote name='dealighted']We dont really know if the price will increase or not when it comes out, do we? I mean what if it doesnt sell so well then they will be forced to give us an even lower price than the preorder.[/quote]
Sony's PS3 published games take a long time to come down in price; Lair and Heavenly Sword are still full price (on Amazon).

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Pretty sweet, still not certain whether I want to get it or not (thinking no due to the lack of co-op).[/QUOTE]

Supposedly they will patch coop in later.

Anyway in for 1.

[quote name='gwill']all this craziness for 8 dollars off a game.

that being said I ordered one and am looking forward to the game...[/quote]
Hey man its CHEAPASSgamer

bread's done
Back