Killzone 2 - $54.99 AC shipped @ Amazon

dallow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
EDIT2: Release date delivery has been added as an option! Free for Prime members, $5.98 for regular customers.

EDIT: Looks as though Amazon has raised the price on the game to $59.99, with the coupon, it would now be $54.99 shipped.

(credit to Guled)
Coupon: KZ2SAVE5

http://www.amazon.com/Killzone-2-Pl..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1233257919&sr=8-1

It's a good game this time (if you hated the first one):

IGN USA: 9.4
Eurogamer: 9/10
IGN UK: 9.4
IGN AU: 9.0
Gamepro 5/5
Gamereactor 10
Meristation: 9.5
Eurogamer.pt 10
Eurogamer.es 10
Gameplayer: 9.5
Empire: 4/5
Vandal 9.6
PSLife (denmark) 9.5
Gamepro (spanish) 10
Inside Gamer (dutch) 9.5
Konsolifin (finnish) 5/5
jeuxvideo.com 17/20
play3-live.com 19/20
Gamereactor (denmark): 9/10 - Second Opinion: 8/10
GamePlay (croatia): 20/20
576Kbyte (hungary): 9.7

Sorry if old. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
PS3 games are region-free so uh...check again.

You would only run into possible problems playing on a SD TV...but who the hell would do that when you're playing KZ2?

[quote name='Larc']It would be dumb to buy that one becaues then you'll receive a worthless unplayable PAL disc.[/QUOTE]

PS3 games are region-free so uh...check again. Who's the dumb one now?

You would only run into possible problems playing on a SD TV...but who the hell would do that when you're playing KZ2?

EDIT:

Amazon UK doesn't ship video games to the U.S.

They do ship movies and books though oddly enough.

Sorry for the post.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='wquach']http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Killzo..._7?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1233707225&sr=8-7

Amazon UK has it at around $43 (U.S.), though with shipping it'll probably be around $45-47.[/quote]

[quote name='wquach']PS3 games are region-free so uh...check again. Who's the dumb one now?

You would only run into possible problems playing on a SD TV...but who the hell would do that when you're playing KZ2?[/quote]

Nope. NTSC/PAL framerates are still different.

And who the hell wants PAL design case cover +18 crap if you're living in the US. The US cover is so much better.

[quote name='Larc']Nope. NTSC/PAL framerates are still different.

And who the hell wants PAL design case cover +18 crap if you're living in the US. The US cover is so much better.[/quote]

Framerates are the same unless you're using a SDTV.

If you're using an HDTV, they are IDENTICAL. Google it...I'm serious. Stop spouting NTSC/PAL nonsense since that's not a problem with the PS3 and HDTVs.

I'd rather save $10+ than care about the cover. Who cares if it says 18+? But once again, I found out that Amazon UK doesn't ship to U.S. so disregard the post and the UK offer.

[quote name='wquach']Framerates are the same unless you're using a SDTV.

If you're using an HDTV, they are IDENTICAL. Google it...I'm serious. Stop spouting NTSC/PAL nonsense since that's not a problem with the PS3 and HDTVs.

I'd rather save $10+ than care about the cover. Who cares if it says 18+? But once again, I found out that Amazon UK doesn't ship to U.S. so disregard the post and the UK offer.[/quote]

Nope. Read this http://hometheater.about.com/od/televisionbasics/qt/ntscpalframes.htm

And I care. It's just like some saying who cares if it's Greatest Hits cover or not -- it matters.

[quote name='wquach']Framerates are the same unless you're using a SDTV.

I'd rather save $10+ than care about the cover. Who cares if it says 18+? But once again, I found out that Amazon UK doesn't ship to U.S. so disregard the post and the UK offer.[/quote]
It's silly how some gamers are so ocd about their stuff. I don't mind having game only.

[quote name='Larc']It's just like some saying who cares if it's Greatest Hits cover or not -- it matters.[/quote]
Not for everyone.

[quote name='Lacuna Requiem']It's silly how some gamers are so ocd about their stuff. I don't mind having game only.[/quote]

I doubt you'll want to pay $50 for just the game disc only.

It's not silly at all. If you take care of your games, they'll still be worth something if you don't want it anymore. Black labels are worth more than cheap greatest hits. You won't get it if you don't have a collector's mentality.

[quote name='Lacuna Requiem']Not for everyone.[/quote]

I never said everyone.

[quote name='Larc']I doubt you'll want to pay $50 for just the game disc only.
It's not silly at all. If you take care of your games, they'll still be worth something if you don't want it anymore. Black labels are worth more than cheap greatest hits. You won't get it if you don't have a collector's mentality.
I never said everyone.[/quote]

I wouldn't pay for 50 disc only. I'm not a collector or anything, I'm a gamer. I like to play games. I'm not too worried about their cost and worth, but that's just me, I know others feels the same on both sides. It's not stupid at all. For me though, I don't mind disc only games if that's what I need. I care about the game, and the game only. There were some times I liked to have the case/manual, but I don't care anymore.

I know you didn't say everyone, but you also didn't say, "Me, personally thinks it matters." ;)

[quote name='Lacuna Requiem']I wouldn't pay for 50 disc only. I'm not a collector or anything, I'm a gamer. I like to play games. I'm not too worried about their cost and worth, but that's just me, I know others feels the same on both sides. It's not stupid at all. For me though, I don't mind disc only games if that's what I need. I care about the game, and the game only. There were some times I liked to have the case/manual, but I don't care anymore.
[/quote]

If you just want to play the game and only a gamer, why don't you want to pay $50 for just the disc?

I mean, if I can get the disc only for like $5 or $10, then that's cool. But if I'm spending more than $20 on a highly anticipated game, it better have the original case/cover and everything.

[quote name='Lacuna Requiem']
I know you didn't say everyone, but you also didn't say, "Me, personally thinks it matters." ;)[/quote]

No, because like I said, there's also the other half that do care.

[quote name='Larc']If you just want to play the game and only a gamer, why don't you want to pay $50 for just the disc?

I mean, if I can get the disc only for like $5 or $10, then that's cool. But if I'm spending more than $20 on a highly anticipated game, it better have the original case/cover and everything.

No, because like I said, there's also the other half that do care.[/quote]
I don't pay 50+ for games anymore. I wait for deals. I do understand what you mean, trust me. It's just it isn't a priority for me anymore to have the case/manual. I keep mine in a CD case and I find it easier and have more space than going through cases to get what I want. Personal preference.
Commenting that 50/50 is who wants that stuff and who doesn't care, is a made up statistic. :p
But, I'm sure if there was ever a poll, it'd probably be like 90/10, with gamers wanting their stuff neat and complete, over those who didn't care. :p
I get your point entirely.

when do i have to cancel the prime saver shipping thing? I'm going to do this but want to make sure I don't get charged 75$ for the prime shipping. I plan on pre-ordering then canceling the prime immediately after ordering just to play it safe unless I can wait longer...

[quote name='wealthyassgamer']when do i have to cancel the prime saver shipping thing? I'm going to do this but want to make sure I don't get charged 75$ for the prime shipping. I plan on pre-ordering then canceling the prime immediately after ordering just to play it safe unless I can wait longer...[/quote]

Go to your account and click Amazon Prime something something. There you can click to not renew automatically.

Funny, I initially did the gold deal wrong and missed out on the even lower cost. I figured out the rite way and Killzone 2 appeared this morning in my quick picks.....

Applied all coupons + deals and got it for $51.99.

12:29 pm Eastern Time 2/5/09

Picture1-1.png

peace

I want to take advantage of this deal but will I get it on the 27th? Because I'd rather have it on the day it comes out than save 8 bucks.

[quote name='wealthyassgamer']when do i have to cancel the prime saver shipping thing? I'm going to do this but want to make sure I don't get charged 75$ for the prime shipping. I plan on pre-ordering then canceling the prime immediately after ordering just to play it safe unless I can wait longer...[/quote]

Wow, your shady.

[quote name='Buddycuffs']I want to take advantage of this deal but will I get it on the 27th? Because I'd rather have it on the day it comes out than save 8 bucks.[/QUOTE]

No problems, buy it at the store when it is released....

Play it have fun, when the copy from Amazon comes take that back to the store and get your money back........

peace

I was able to snag it at $51.99.. thanks!
And I agree with tears2040. Just buy it at full price at the store of your choice. When the sealed one comes from Amazon just return it to the store you bought the first one from.

Just finished playing the demo & it looks like this title will live up to the hype. Although I generally suck at online multiplayer shooters, I can't wait to give the Warzone mode a spin!

About returning the one from Amazon to whatever store I want - won't they know it's not from their store? I remember buying a bag of Party Mix from Pathmark and accidentally returned it to ShopRite and they yelled at me for trying to sell them other store's products (the jerks, haha)

[quote name='Buddycuffs']About returning the one from Amazon to whatever store I want - won't they know it's not from their store? I remember buying a bag of Party Mix from Pathmark and accidentally returned it to ShopRite and they yelled at me for trying to sell them other store's products (the jerks, haha)[/QUOTE]

wow who the hell returns a bag of party mix. are u that desperate for a $1

[quote name='(psp)snake']wow who the hell returns a bag of party mix. are u that desperate for a $1[/quote]

who the hell gets mad at somebody returning a bag of party mix.

think about that!

[quote name='Buddycuffs']About returning the one from Amazon to whatever store I want - won't they know it's not from their store? I remember buying a bag of Party Mix from Pathmark and accidentally returned it to ShopRite and they yelled at me for trying to sell them other store's products (the jerks, haha)[/QUOTE]

No, when they scan the upc it will show as valid and that is all....

Generally all upcs are the same so no matter where you get it, the number code that will scan will always be the same

peace

I could buy the game from Amazon UK and ship it to my aunt in London and have her mail it to me...

Just curious can a UK PS3 game use DLC from the US Playstation Store?

Also would a person using a SD TV notice any difference while playing a PAL game?

[quote name='thepik241']Just curious can a UK PS3 game use DLC from the US Playstation Store?[/quote]

I don't see why not, the games aren't region locked and I've done the opposite; I 've used European DLC for my US copy of LBP.

...was it Pathmark brand party mix?

[quote name='FloodsAreUponUS']Played the demo and made me cancel my preorder.[/quote]

cancel your pre-order? what made you change your mind? i just JUST played the demo and i was impressed. The AI is killer, flanking you on all corners and they are tough to take down. I did have a gripe about the Aim/Zoom button which was mapped as R3 instead of the more accepted COD-style L2 for Aim/Zoom. other than that, this game is da bomb!

[quote name='FloodsAreUponUS']Played the demo and made me cancel my preorder.[/quote]

What made you change your mind? Just to let you know, the game gets way better after like the 3rd missions. I think ppls werent that impressed since we have seen the demo level all over the media from last years. Plus the fact it plays on normal. GG have already said to play on Veteran on your first try if your an FPS gamer.

[quote name='thepik241']I could buy the game from Amazon UK and ship it to my aunt in London and have her mail it to me...

Just curious can a UK PS3 game use DLC from the US Playstation Store?

Also would a person using a SD TV notice any difference while playing a PAL game?[/quote]

DLC content from different regions is region locked. Not sure how that guy plays US LBP with UK DLC. BUT most games DONT work that way so If you plan to buy UK version, Buy the UK DLC when it comes out.

Second, your probably going to have issues with your SDTV playing a PAL game in the US. If you play on an HDTV though, it wont matter.

[quote name='[B']briyando][/B]
cancel your pre-order? what made you change your mind? i just JUST played the demo and i was impressed. The AI is killer, flanking you on all corners and they are tough to take down. I did have a gripe about the Aim/Zoom button which was mapped as R3 instead of the more accepted COD-style L2 for Aim/Zoom. other than that, this game is da bomb!

[/quote]

Dude, you can have COD controls in KZ2. Change it to Alternate 2 and make the change aim to HOLD under options. There ya go bud.

[quote name='briyando']cancel your pre-order? what made you change your mind? i just JUST played the demo and i was impressed. The AI is killer, flanking you on all corners and they are tough to take down. I did have a gripe about the Aim/Zoom button which was mapped as R3 instead of the more accepted COD-style L2 for Aim/Zoom. other than that, this game is da bomb![/quote]

The AI is dumb, and has the Call of Duty mindset of devolpment.

Some will love it, but I dont.

Ima hater dont mind me.

I posted this on the other thread about AI:

For those thinking the AI is not that great, keep in mind that GG has said to play on Veteran on your first try if you are used to FPS games. When you beat that, they said to beat it the second time on Elite which is more challenging since it removes the hud and enemies get tougher. Thats when we'll see the enemy AI shine. The demo plays on Normal which is comparable to easy. While Easy mode is really meant for casuals. This was posted on the Official PS forums BTW.

[quote name='tears2040']Funny, I initially did the gold deal wrong and missed out on the even lower cost. I figured out the rite way and Killzone 2 appeared this morning in my quick picks.....

Applied all coupons + deals and got it for $51.99.

12:29 pm Eastern Time 2/5/09

Picture1-1.png

peace[/quote]

I don't get it. I just tried this morning and I keep seeing it at 59.99 and when the promotion is applied, it becomes 54.99 and the only way to get the free shipping is if I choose the Super Saver option (which means it won't get here the day it's released, which is okay by me). That's still not 51.99. How is everyone getting that extra 3.00 off? I see the above did something through the Gold Box deals thingie, but I don't get it.

Also, sucks to be me since I live in NY I get charged tax. Lovely.

[quote name='Enderwizard']I don't get it. I just tried this morning and I keep seeing it at 59.99 and when the promotion is applied, it becomes 54.99 and the only way to get the free shipping is if I choose the Super Saver option (which means it won't get here the day it's released, which is okay by me). That's still not 51.99. How is everyone getting that extra 3.00 off? I see the above did something through the Gold Box deals thingie, but I don't get it.

Also, sucks to be me since I live in NY I get charged tax. Lovely.[/quote]

The item has to be one of your Gold Box Picks located on the Gold Box Deals of the Day page. If its not on your picks you wont get the extra $3 off. I posted a how-to several pages back (I believe it was page 12, it should be the very last post)

[quote name='NJMane']The item has to be one of your Gold Box Picks located on the Gold Box Deals of the Day page. If its not on your picks you wont get the extra $3 off. I posted a how-to several pages back (I believe it was page 12, it should be the very last post)[/quote]

Thanks, NJMane. I tried to read through the thread... didn't make it to pg 12, as you see. I edited my Recommendations thing as you suggested and will wait until tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up!

EDIT: I see Killzone 2 listed in my "Coming Soon For You" or "Recommended Future Releases" section. Looks like it should work! NICE

[quote name='shimz']good luck, its been the only thing in my "recommended" for many days now, never hit my quick picks
not sure why[/quote]

I just got Killzone 2 in my recommended list. Where do you access "quick picks"? I never knew all this stuff about Amazon, LOL.

Here is an alternative to waiting an extra week or more to get the game.

Cheaper than you would buy it at a store on release date. And no tax. And no gas. And no hassle going out to get it.

kz2cz6.jpg

yeah its been the only item in my recommended for 4 days....never went to the "quick picks"
not worried, just wanted this to work so I could do it for future purchases
did I do a step wrong?

bread's done
Back