Killzone 2 or Resident Evil 5 - which to choose?

I heard you can change the controls for re5, that is a plus. But if you have a nice tv kz2 will be worth the money

[quote name='ivanctorres']I'd go with RE5 simply because there are arguably better multiplayer experiences for FPS games. Plus, imho, the online functionality of the PS3 is still lacking. It is still lagging behind the 360 and because of that I'd be concerned that the multiplayer integration might be lacking in some respects. If Killzone2 was a multiplatform game my decision would probably be different.[/quote]

uh.. no. PSN is only missing the Group/Friends join option. KZ2's multiplayer is excellent (base on beta play through). But I guess some people prefer p2p network vs dedicated server :wall:

For the OP, since you're more into RE4 type play, get RE5.

edit: Oh i take back the no grouping thing. Looks like Capcom is adding the Friend invite thing/etc for their SF4 and RE5 release.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/articles/2009/02/03/sfiv_re5_home_collaborations/

For RE5 you can invite your friend to play co-op through the XMB also.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you don't have a friend with a microphone who's getting RE5 that you can play with, you should probably go with Killzone 2.

I haven't even played KZ2 demo yet, but RE5 is fun. I have no clue, I would actually probably go with KZ2, but it depends on how big a fan of the RE series you are.

Thats a tough decision... just get both.

In all seriousness, if you still cant decide after playing the demos (i think the killzone demo is coming out soon... although I'm not 100% sure when) then I would slightly lean towards KZ2. The guys on the listenup podcast were raving about the single player like it was the second coming, though they didnt give much information on the multi-player. If the embargo on the multiplayer beta is over, then I would recommend asking the opinion of someone who took part.

This is an easy one and their should be no doubt in your mind...Get RE:5! if RE:5 is half as good as RE4 then we have a good game on our hands. I wish RE5 would get a "Port ala Dead Rising" on the Wii. I loved that control set up it was way better than the PS2 and cube's.

IMO killzone 2 is the way to go if you must chose between these two. Mainly because of the multiplayer and how it is going to add so much more replay value then on a game like RE5. The multiplayer on Killzone 2 is very deep from what i have heard and it is going to take a lot of hours to get all the badges and unlocks. RE5 has coop, which is fun but IMO its more fun when the person is sitting next to you.
i will be getting both but i will be playing Killzone 2 for both the single player and online experience while i will be playing RE5 for single player.

if you are still unsure just wait for tomorrow for the demo...you wont get to see the online but you can at least compare the single player modes of both games

I'd have to say Killzone 2, cause I was only frustrated a bit with the controlls in Killzone 2, but with RE5, I was frustrated with pretty much the whole demo.
But graphically, the both look really really good.

I loved what I saw in Resident Evil 5. After getting the controls down with multiple playthrough's, I am so ready. Too bad the game does not come out this week. As for Killzone 2, I am truly getting tired of shooters. It seems every great game is a shooter and this one is no different. I am just so tired of them.

I'm getting both as well, but if I had to choose between the two, I'd go with RE5. Just been a Resident Evil fan since 2 that I can't not get this on release day.

bread's done
Back