Killzone 2 selling now at Target B&M YMMV

erac3rx

CAGiversary!
Hi all,

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that if you want to get Killzone 2 a few days early, stop by your nearby Target. Mine is definitely selling it (I bought one) and is down to their last 2 copies already. I'd recommend going and just trying to buy it rather than calling, since whoever gets the game out is less likely to notice its selling too early if they don't look it up on the computer first. Good luck, hope this help someone!

-erac3rx

[quote name='themidnighter23']jesus fuck, i already accepted that I was wrong, let it go... or is your self esteem so low that it makes you feel better to show someone is incorrect... ON THE INTERNET[/quote]

I don't know anyone named Jesus fuck.

went to a few targets and walmarts today. some targets had tags up but one had a tag that said pricing was effective 2/24 - 2/28. went there with a fellow Cag. stock guy goes into the back and pulls out like 14 copies. tried to scan it and it got flagged DNS (do not sell ) 2/27. i put up a minor arguement about it to a woman that he went back to get and all she offered me was that i can hold you a copy for friday. i told her its a mistake that you made and a manager should be able to override. i didnt press the issue and this other woman was tryin to get it as well. i can wait till friday to get it but im just fuming that i saw it and he tried to ring it through. o well.. this was also in howell, nj target location btw..

note.. they also took down the tag that said pricing was effective 2/24 - 2/28.

I preordered at gamestop but is this game short as shit because it says 11 levels which sounds short to me.

Well, I Already Purchased My Limited Edition UK Steelbox From DVD.CO.UK for 54.99 including shipping. And, it has already shipped so, not gonna go buy it early.

i tired to buy it days ago and their register hard blocked it with a message telling the cashier it was street dated.

yea its funny i work at target and last Friday we had ours on the shelf and i went to purchase it and the system red flagged it so its funny how corporate says to put the item out for sale but then turns around and says no its too early, my guess is the box it came in wasn't marked with the street date so its up to the system to flag it, oh well that's corporations for ya

[quote name='themidnighter23']jesus fuck, i already accepted that I was wrong, let it go... or is your self esteem so low that it makes you feel better to show someone is incorrect... ON THE INTERNET[/quote]

i don't know if you've fully accepted your wrongness, try harder

I got ahold of Madden 07 and Halo 3, both a week early, and played them online. Played against some Bungie people in Halo 3, played against some EA people with Madden. MS didn't do anything.

If you are Amazon prime customer, ensure you have release date delivery checked, should be shipped tomorrow to arrive on Fri

[quote name='themidnighter23']man fuck you guys. all you had to do was correct me in a cordial manner but all you stupid fucks do is name call and call people retarded. go fuck yourselves.

im sorry, i was wrong but there is no fuckin reason for you stupid douchebags to jump on a person for being incorrect.

i hope your self esteem is high now. must feel good about yourself for showing up someone on the internet. you guys are awesome[/QUOTE]

Whoaaa.. geek meltdown.

[quote name='AsianOnRoute69']Well, I Already Purchased My Limited Edition UK Steelbox From DVD.CO.UK for 54.99 including shipping. And, it has already shipped so, not gonna go buy it early.[/QUOTE]

you do realize that the ps3 is region free. But DLC is not so if you have the euro version you can't use USA DLC etc.. if that makes sense

I got the DNS deal too when I went to Target tonight, nothing some pepper spray and fast feet couldn't handle though. lol

[quote name='karkyco']Errr, okay. I saw Killzone 2 at the ghetto WalMart in LA on the shelf too. This is the WalMart in the Crenshaw Plaza at Crenshaw and MLK[/quote]
I wonder if Rollin 60s NHC shop there. Hmmmmmmmm

Lol, went into my old gamestop i used to work at and saw the gutted case on the wall. My old Manager look at me, too a shit, then said figures--- my replacement just got canned. He was happy she only gutted one, and it was actually locatable.

Awesome!

[quote name='Scorch']I got ahold of Madden 07 and Halo 3, both a week early, and played them online. Played against some Bungie people in Halo 3, played against some EA people with Madden. MS didn't do anything.[/QUOTE]

Console makers would never punish you for playing a game early, because they would never punish their fans (or most devoted fans). That would be like business suicide. Just imagine the kind of bad PR a company would get from this.

If anything, they will punish the retailer. I never heard of anyone being banned for playing games early and I probably never will.

[quote name='dennisb407']I wonder if Rollin 60s NHC shop there. Hmmmmmmmm[/quote]

rollin 60s neighbor hood crips... lol. i think 83 shops at that walmart.

[quote name='leesiulung']If anything, they will punish the retailer. I never heard of anyone being banned for playing games early and I probably never will.[/quote]

This is why, if you rent games at Hollywood Video, you will see one or two copies of the latest NBA Live game, but tons of NBA 2K9. Since Madden 07, where Hollywood let employees "pre-street" it, EA has let Hollywood Video buyers only buy a certain amount of copies per store as punishment. True story.

On a side note, I went to Wal-Mart. I saw an empty spot where Killzone 2 had been earlier this morning. The guides were out on the wall. fuck.

Not to be a jerk.....but is this really a deal?
Whether or not you can get the game early, paying full price is still paying full price and does not belong in the deal section.

I've always wanted to say that. Now I am a true jerk CAG.

[quote name='help1']There are TONS of stores selling it early in NYC. Refer to gamefaqs.[/quote]

Oh, i was referring to my local Target... but it's cool to know other places are selling this early. However, i don't think i'm gonna do the return thing, too busy and i have LBP and SFIV to play (i still haven't unlock all of the characters yet).

[quote name='AoA']Not to be a jerk.....but is this really a deal?
Whether or not you can get the game early, paying full price is still paying full price and does not belong in the deal section.

I've always wanted to say that. Now I am a true jerk CAG.[/quote]

No, it's not a deal, but for people who want to play NOW. The CAG factor is that you can return the on-line pre-order to the store, so yeah, you're not paying $60. Granted that it's not a deal, but info like this do play in your favor using CAG strategies.

[quote name='jdlmm80']I preordered at gamestop but is this game short as shit because it says 11 levels which sounds short to me.[/quote]

why don't you just borrow it or rent it then? if you just want to play the game and don't mind not owning it, rent/borrow/ or even buy and trade-in. You get your share of fun, trophies and appropriate amount of cash spent.

Short as shit don't matter to those of us have to work all day you know... It's all about quality and class.

My amazon prime order says this is being readied for shipment .... release date delivery for tomorrow Fri 2/27

FYI, some gamestops are doing a midnight opening for this, its not as early as getting it at target right now, but its something.

Hmm, I'm really torn. Target is a good hour away, so it turns into a two hour trip, but I'm so anticipating it. The only thing holding me back is I also have a $10 gift card for GS.

And FPS are better short than long. Chances are if it's long it gets very repetitive and lacks pace. CoD4 was short, but an amazing experience, amazing pace. If you just buy games based on hours and ignore multiplayer, yeah feel free to rent it.

its in stock here in Gwinnett, GA.. didnt try to buy it though, so cant confirm that part of it, anyway enjoy the image:

kz2_by_smokedphish.jpg

Found it for sale at 2 targets and denied both times. Also found it at Dead westland mall sears but didnt try to buy it as i was set on buying it through amazon for a smaller discount since im a prime holder

[quote name='swolgam']Found it for sale at 2 targets and denied both times. Also found it at Dead westland mall sears but didnt try to buy it as i was set on buying it through amazon for a smaller discount since im a prime holder[/quote]

It sounds like your in Michigan, which Targets did you go to?

[quote name='Hey Its That Guy']It sounds like your in Michigan, which Targets did you go to?[/quote]

Im in columbus ohio

[quote name='Coper3000']A little off topic, but would it be possible to just pick it up at midnight at Wal-Mart or something?[/quote]

Wal-Mart is my spot to get games at midnight. I have a new 24 hour location near me. I got Gears 2 at midnight there and I was the only geek there. No lines, no waiting, and you can pick up some food while you are there.

bread's done
Back