Killzone 3: Helghast Edition - $39.99 shipped at Amazon

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Update: On the 2nd page, loserboy just mentioned that he just entered his super voucher and it still works.
Amazon has the Helghast edition for Killzone 3 down to $39.99. Pretty nice looking CE, though I think the Super Voucher may have expired

LINK

B0049LAVB4.01.lg.jpg

• Authentic Helghast Helmet replica opens to reveal art book, Super Voucher and Killzone 3 game
  • Exclusive Cloaking Helghast Marksman action figure is 6.5" tall with multiple articulation points
  • Includes bonus video content giving you a behind-the-scenes look at the making of the game
  • Exclusive art book featuring imagery from the Killzone universe
  • Super Voucher includes
    • Killzone 3 soundtrack and PS3 dynamic theme
    • Retro Map Pack featuring two of the most popular maps from Killzone 2
    • Double XP for the first 24 hours of multiplayer gameplay
    • Full access to all weapons and abilities for the first 24 hours of multiplayer gameplay

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah... I think the voucher expired sometime in September. I should know this because I explicitly remember looking at mine and thinking, "Oh hey... I better redeem this before it expires!"

...I never got around to doing that. :/

It's really stupid of Sony to cut off the voucher so soon. It used to be a year from the time it was released. I don't know why they should ever expire anyway.

I still think this is a good deal for the game and the physical goodies included

I'm hoping that the Skyrim CE will eventually drop to this price point!

Pretty good deal for the game + extras, although the Super Voucher is expired like everyone has said.

great deal. i got in on it when it was a $35 lightning deal.

i thought that sony reinstated the vouchers after people complained during the last sale.

[quote name='ragingst0rm6']I'm hoping that the Skyrim CE will eventually drop to this price point!

Pretty good deal for the game + extras, although the Super Voucher is expired like everyone has said.[/QUOTE]

Keep dreaming. This particular CE is still lining the shelves of many retailers while I saw like one or two of the skyrim CE's at my local best buy. No way they hang around long enough to see such a big price cut

[quote name='GBAstar']Keep dreaming. This particular CE is still lining the shelves of many retailers while I saw like one or two of the skyrim CE's at my local best buy. No way they hang around long enough to see such a big price cut[/QUOTE]

You can always wait down the line for a price drop. ;)

Lucky me I got my HE for that price and the voucher was still valid... I couldn't enjoy the experience and the other multiplayer goodies but at least I got the other things, including the map pack, soundtrack and dynamic theme :D

[quote name='ItsaMeMario']still kicking myself for paying $60 for this when it was Deal of the Day[/QUOTE]
Look at the bright side, t least you weren't one of the people who paid full MSRP for this.

Been watching this one like a hellghast sniper. The thing that's in my favor is that this was so over produced that amazon will want to liquidate it eventually. Hoping for 20 on black friday

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PublikDefender']great deal. i got in on it when it was a $35 lightning deal.

i thought that sony reinstated the vouchers after people complained during the last sale.[/QUOTE]

they added an extra month to it, but it should have expired again.

I got this from them a while ago (for around $40) and it is one of my favorite CE I have. The head looks great in my game room. The game on the other hand I thought was just ok. I'm not a MP guy but the game was fun to blow through.

[quote name='AionTelos']So... is this a, "You're silly if you don't get this" kind of deal?[/QUOTE]

its been around 60 dollars or so last time around.

Wow

Looking at that super voucher. I would have loved to get those maps

gaaaaaaaaaaaah

I really want that Sniper Figurine!!!!!!
I am going to bite soon

so so very tempting.. if BF wasn't so soon i'd bite for sure. i'm so glad i didn't pick this up at launch for msrp.

In for one. Need to get the game anyway, so getting the game for $40 is pretty good plus the figure.

Don't think this will go lower than $40.. bite now if you really want one.

As for me, I never cared much for the KZ franchise to get it. Not to mention the voucher expiration kills it a bit.

How is the Behind-the-Scenes video? Is it worthwhile? Is it just a voucher, that can be purchased without the Helghast Edition? Thanks.

Missed this one a couple of times. A local store has had a used copy for $59.99 that I almost jumped at. Great deal, thanks. Bought Skyrim and uper Mario 3DLand this weekend so I really did not want to spend the money, but like I agree with whoever said that this is as low as it will get, espeacially new.

[quote name='DanteWarrior']Amazon has more than 999 in stock, so this will go further low[/QUOTE]

That's some great logic you're using there :roll:

[quote name='ssjmichael']That's some great logic you're using there :roll:[/QUOTE]

Well logic would dictate that if they actually do have 999 of these that they will be selling them for cheaper than this soon if they cant move the majority of them now.

999 is such a small number though, most products obviously have way more than 999 in stock at amazon. It's in no way a good indicator of whether this will be cheaper down the road or not.

[quote name='DanteWarrior']Amazon has more than 999 in stock, so this will go further low[/QUOTE]

how do you check the inventory??? I can;t see anywhere in the site

[quote name='Davivascaino']how do you check the inventory??? I can;t see anywhere in the site[/QUOTE]
You go to your cart and change the quantity to 999. If they have any less than that, it will change to the current stock.

this may drop down to 30 on black friday. seems like they made a ton of these and amazon must be sitting on a huge shipment.

Thanks TC. I am a sucker for these CEs with all kinds of swag. this is agreat price that I don't think will be topped. I am glad I waited lol.

Payed $39.99 for it during a lightning deal back in july. I think it was worth it. I enjoyed the single player campaign. I haven't tried multiplayer. It sucks that the stupid code expired. I should have used it when I had a chance I guess. Right now the helmet is sitting in the box in the spare bedroom because there's no place to display it. It's still worth the $39.99 in my opinion.

The voucher still works, literally JUST entered my code after reading this thread to see (picked mine up at BBuy when it was $40 on clearance a while ago...

I seen KZ3 new for $20 at fred meyer. Are the extras worth $20? imo, no, especially now that the code may not even work. Seems like they made an assload of these, I have no problem waiting for it to drop further.

[quote name='Newl']I seen KZ3 new for $20 at fred meyer. Are the extras worth $20? imo, no, especially now that the code may not even work. Seems like they made an assload of these, I have no problem waiting for it to drop further.[/QUOTE]

A Helghan Helmet
Sniper Figure
Bigger than avg hardcover book
Super Voucher w w/ soundtrack an other goodies

Yeah I'd say those are definitely worth $20 extra

If it just worked for one person I can't imagine it not working for everyone else. Has anyone else tried and have it not work here?

Man oh man, I want to get this just for that cloaking Helghast figure. I wish I had the extra money right now, but everything I have saved is for Christmas gifts >.

The last time this was 40 my friends at bestbuy said they would price match it. Should I wait till it gets cheaper or go for it ? My bestbuy has a bunch of them that they would like to get rid of

bread's done
Back