Kindle Fire refurb with full warranty and new packaging, $169.

[quote name='cagusername']Good deal since it is like new for $30 less.

"Save $30 with a Certified Refurbished Kindle Fire
Each Certified Refurbished Kindle Fire is tested, certified, and repackaged like new. Comes with the same one-year limited warranty as a brand-new Kindle Fire."

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&tag=cheapassgam08-20&creativeASIN=B0051VVOB2[/QUOTE]

Like New packaging doesn't mean the product is Like New...

With that being said a $30 discount isn't worth it for a refurbished unit. I will wait for the Fire 2 to be announced so this can get discounted further.

Idk, a refurb unit from amazon will basically be as good as a new one. If they are anything like apple you will never tell the difference. I bought a refurb macbook a few years ago, and compared it to a buddies who bought theirs new. Packaging the same, item the same, even opened it up and couldn't see anything different in the battery/ram/harddrive compartments.

I saved about 200 dollars doing this, and you would never know.

That is a 15% discount though so it isn't that bad. The Fire isn't that expensive to begin with. $30 off on an iPad 2 that retails for $500 is bad, but $30 off a Kindle Fire that retails for $200 is pretty good.

Personally I think the Fire is worth the $200 price point anyway, plus you get a free month of Prime. Bought mine about a month ago, and had 2 other people purchase one within a week. If you want to enter the tablet world, you can't go wrong with the Fire. Installing things like Go Launcher will make your Fire look like any other $400-$500 tablet and it can play just about all the same games as well.

I agree that an Amazon refurb will be a good as new but you're still taking a risk. A discount of 20-25% would justify buying a refurb.
frown.jpg

Apple will be selling the iPad 2 for $300 in March once the iPad 3 is released. MUCH better product and well worth a measly $100 extra if you need a tablet.

[quote name='DaShaka']Apple will be selling the iPad 2 for $300 in March once the iPad 3 is released. MUCH better product and well worth a measly $100 extra if you need a tablet.[/QUOTE]
Do you have evidence of this. I have never seen apple discount that much. At most we may see 400, most likely 450 though. Not that I am complaining if they do drop it to 300, I just don't want to get my hopes up for something I don't think is very likely.

I bought a refurb 2nd generation Kindle years ago and it was in perfect condition. If it wasn't for the sales receipt you wouldn't even know it wasn't brand new.

I don't see why people are dismissing this deal, it's 30 dollars off a Kindle. If the refurb isn't what you like, you can return it.

[quote name='DaShaka']Apple will be selling the iPad 2 for $300 in March once the iPad 3 is released. MUCH better product and well worth a measly $100 extra if you need a tablet.[/QUOTE]

Apple is actually going to give everyone iPad 2's in March so they can use them while riding on their unicorns.

Just figured I'd add into making shit up.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Apple is actually going to give everyone iPad 2's in March so they can use them while riding on their unicorns.

Just figured I'd add into making shit up.[/QUOTE]

lamo aw man thank you for the early morning laugh. but the rumor of a price drop on the ipad 2 has been going around for a while now thats why im holding off because some of the rumors have them saying it could be dropped to 200 to compete with the fire but who knows.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Apple is actually going to give everyone iPad 2's in March so they can use them while riding on their unicorns.

Just figured I'd add into making shit up.[/QUOTE]
:lol::applause: This still doesn't compete with the $100-150 HP Touchpads imo. Although it woulda been nice if HP had continued to support them after the fire sale for just a lil bit. Not that I kept either of the two I managed to buy. Both went to other CAG's at cost or just over. Now if I had had a good internet connection/wireless, that would've been another story.:booty:

[quote name='lokizz']lamo aw man thank you for the early morning laugh. but the rumor of a price drop on the ipad 2 has been going around for a while now thats why im holding off because some of the rumors have them saying it could be dropped to 200 to compete with the fire but who knows.[/QUOTE]

Yea, and they halved the price of all iPods to compete with the Zune.

[quote name='lokizz']lamo aw man thank you for the early morning laugh. but the rumor of a price drop on the ipad 2 has been going around for a while now thats why im holding off because some of the rumors have them saying it could be dropped to 200 to compete with the fire but who knows.[/QUOTE]

In your dreams.

The iPad doesn't need to compete with anything, it already has market dominance.

The only way Apple would lower the price is if the high-end honeycomb tablets came down in price too, which won't happen either. The nooks and fire fill a much different market. I was tempted for a bit to get a nook and run cm7 on it, but a Woot sale on the 10" Toshiba Thrive put an end to that idea.

[quote name='Greatwhitecoley']Idk, a refurb unit from amazon will basically be as good as a new one. If they are anything like apple you will never tell the difference. I bought a refurb macbook a few years ago, and compared it to a buddies who bought theirs new. Packaging the same, item the same, even opened it up and couldn't see anything different in the battery/ram/harddrive compartments.

I saved about 200 dollars doing this, and you would never know.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I got a refurbed Kindle 2 from them a couple years back and it was good as new, came in a Kindle box and everything.

So I wouldn't hesitate to save the $30 if one is interested in a Fire.

bread's done
Back