Kinect $89.99 @ Target, It may only be regional to KY

smokey6

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Found it over on SD:

OP is from Owensboro, KY area. Nobody knows if it's only regional or not, or maybe just a fluke. But worth a trip to your local Target to check.

This pic was taken after an employee verified ALL Kinect's in stock were checked and scanned at this price, and printed their own sale tag to display the current price.

2m426h1.jpg

There could easily be a price change mistake at only one location, but maybe someone can benefit from this.

If I were in the market for one of these, I would at least swing by my local target and do a quick price check scan on one. Here is the receipt pic too

2mgte1f.jpg

[quote name='DJ_Tet']Hmmm, that's strange.

I was at Target tonight (Charlotte NC) and my gf pointed out that the Kinect sensor had a 'Sale' tag next to it.

But the sale was for regular price, $149.99.

I made a joke that 'For Sale' doesn't equal 'On Sale' and we went about our business. Thought it was odd seeing a red Target Sale tag next to a full price item. Perhaps I should have scanned it anyway..[/QUOTE]

It's possible that it should have been printed on an As Advertised sign, rather than a Sale sign.

[quote name='foreinter']are there any left over there?[/QUOTE]

My wife stopped by the Fort Union location this morning. It's back to regular price. The employee there hadn't heard of it being on sale and said there wasn't a tag on it this morning when he got there.

[quote name='thelonepig']My wife stopped by the Fort Union location this morning. It's back to regular price. The employee there hadn't heard of it being on sale and said there wasn't a tag on it this morning when he got there.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot for your info. I did find one at Salt Lake Target. There is a price tag saying "Kinect Active 2 is out of stock and substitute Kinect Sensor for $89.99".

Last week the Target here had it marked at $59.99, no joke. I hadn't gotten paid yet so I had way of getting it. I'll have to stop there today and see what the price is.

[quote name='foreinter']Thanks a lot for your info. I did find one at Salt Lake Target. There is a price tag saying "Kinect Active 2 is out of stock and substitute Kinect Sensor for $89.99".[/QUOTE]

Interesting. They did have an EA Active 2.0 bundle shown for $69.99, but it was out of stock and the clerk didn't think that it came with a Kinect.

Someone on slickdeals is saying that it's in this week's ad... can anyone confirm this? I would snag one tonight and get the sale price tomorrow on the refund. You can do that correct?

[quote name='schultzed']I think the used market it going to be huge for these. I just picked one up (complete in box) at Salvation Army for $20 . . . it was a Target return :)[/QUOTE]

You serious $20 for a Kinect? I may go to the Salvation Army for deals now...

[quote name='LordVila']Bowling Green, Ky has them for 89.99 with 5 left in stock on the shelf at the time of this post.[/QUOTE]

Hmm. I'm in Bowling Green. If only I had a 360 and wanted a Kinect.

Confirmed with Owensboro Target that it was a system glitch with some stores, and that prices are back to normal. I was planning on a road trip there tomorrow, too. Damn Target!!

[quote name='foreinter']Thanks a lot for your info. I did find one at Salt Lake Target. There is a price tag saying "Kinect Active 2 is out of stock and substitute Kinect Sensor for $89.99".[/QUOTE]

My friend in Florida saw the same thing and took a pic:

90dollarkiencttarget.jpg

I checked a few Targets in Chicago and saw the same sign except the price read $149.99.

damn it, I wish the Target my gf just went to was sold out of that EA Sports bundle...

On another note, she said there was a price tag next to the "Kinect Bundle for 149.99" that read simply "Kinect Sensor for 49.99." She tried to get info from a worker and they told her they were sensors without cables and I'm assuming without the game. Sounded kind of wierd for Target to be selling the Sensor Bar on its own...but still would've been a good deal. They were sold out, unfortunately. They checked other Targets and they were sold out, too. The crazy shit is that the guy said something about they were sold out because they were on the ad this week :whistle2:/. She didn't get the ad, and I gotta be at work until after they close tonight, so I can't personally check. I'll be going tomorrow morning before work to see if I have better luck, or possibly even a rain check...or even better...ppl bought the remaining copies of EA Sports Active 2 Bundle :).

The smart thing to do would be to into your local target and buy every copy of EA Sports Active 2 for 360 that they have. Put them in your car and tell someone at customer service that they're out, and ask what they are substituting. If it's happening in most places that it's sold out, then it might be the corporation's suggested substitution.

Then go to another Target and return the copies of Active.

I have no plans of doing this, but it might net positive results.

[quote name='schultzed']i think the used market it going to be huge for these. I just picked one up (complete in box) at salvation army for $20 . . . It was a target return :)[/quote]

gooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllll!! :cool:

Completely forgot to check today.

Who's about to make an unnecessary stop at target tomorrow? This guy!

*gestures towards himself with both thumbs while wearing his leather jacket*

[quote name='tahgir']Who's about to make an unnecessary stop at target tomorrow? This guy!

*gestures towards himself with both thumbs while wearing his leather jacket*[/QUOTE]

Waste of a trip, it's an instant sub for something in last week's ad. It'll be gone tomorrow.

(I was just at Target today and totally forgot to check on this! Argh!)

Wow didnt realize people lived in Bowling Green. Here I was thinking I was the only person who knew what a video game was in this town.

[quote name='tahgir']Who's about to make an unnecessary stop at target tomorrow? This guy!

*gestures towards himself with both thumbs while wearing his leather jacket*[/QUOTE]

it's cool that you're going to target on 1/30 for a substitution for a game in an ad that's valid through 1/29

Waste of trip in roseville ca. The csr told me people keep calling about it......DONT CALL people. However I was able to use the resolve stain remover coupon target printed for me last time to get free bottle of resolve stain remover......that way I can be clean next time I goto target looking for deals.

[quote name='young war']For a bunch of "CheapAssGamers" we sure do go through a lot of trouble to NOT pay MSRP for something lol[/QUOTE]

Isn't that the point?

[quote name='SpeedBrkr']My friend in Florida saw the same thing and took a pic:

90dollarkiencttarget.jpg

I checked a few Targets in Chicago and saw the same sign except the price read $149.99.[/QUOTE]

Somebody's going to be getting into some trouuuuble for this one. Most Targets have an unwritten rule not to substitute video games/consoles/accessories.

[quote name='z3razerviper']Waste of trip in roseville ca. The csr told me people keep calling about it......DONT CALL people. However I was able to use the resolve stain remover coupon target printed for me last time to get free bottle of resolve stain remover......that way I can be clean next time I goto target looking for deals.[/QUOTE]

So it wasn't a complete waste then?

[quote name='andy1ua']Somebody's going to be getting into some trouuuuble for this one. Most Targets have an unwritten rule not to substitute video games/consoles/accessories.[/QUOTE]

If it's unwritten then how can they can into trouble for it?

[quote name='SteveGo']If it's unwritten then how can they can into trouble for it?[/QUOTE]

I guess I could say it's store policy not to substitute video game consoles and other "at cost" items.

Items like vg systems and apple products aren't supposed to be substituted because they are sold at cost, and stores make zero profit on them. It's why you always see a free giftcard attached to those kinds of products, the company (apple, microsoft, sony) doesn't lose money off the sale, and it helps the store because it draws the consumer back into the store with the giftcard.

I guess I'm not sure if the Kinect is sold at cost, but I know most stores would void this substitution if an employee were to enter it into the system.

[quote name='andy1ua']Somebody's going to be getting into some trouuuuble for this one. Most Targets have an unwritten rule not to substitute video games/consoles/accessories.[/QUOTE]

Nothing will ever beat the old-old Target raincheck snafu. In 2004, Target would print off a raincheck for OOS items but it could be used on similar items. So, if a videogame was on sale and sold out, you could get a like discount on a different game. This was good when a $50 game was discounted to $40 but OOS and then you could get any game at the $40 price.

But then Zelda Windwaker was discounted "67%" and the rainchecks were pure gold.

I wrote a thread about it at the time:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28886

[quote name='schultzed']Nothing will ever beat the old-old Target raincheck snafu. In 2004, Target would print off a raincheck for OOS items but it could be used on similar items. So, if a videogame was on sale and sold out, you could get a like discount on a different game. This was good when a $50 game was discounted to $40 but OOS and then you could get any game at the $40 price.

But then Zelda Windwaker was discounted "67%" and the rainchecks were pure gold.

I wrote a thread about it at the time:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28886[/QUOTE]

I remember that, good times.

Seeing as the sign displayed above in the picture is a substitute sign I can say that the price is specific to that store. The only reason the Kinect bundle is discounted is due to the fact that the person (most likely instocks team member) chose the kinect bundle as the substitute. They could have chosen anything from the same department if they wanted to.

[quote name='MassiveAx3']Seeing as the sign displayed above in the picture is a substitute sign I can say that the price is specific to that store. The only reason the Kinect bundle is discounted is due to the fact that the person (most likely instocks team member) chose the kinect bundle as the substitute. They could have chosen anything from the same department if they wanted to.[/QUOTE]

I saw this sign at Utah too. It's not just that specific store doing this.

[quote name='foreinter']I saw this sign at Utah too. It's not just that specific store doing this.[/QUOTE]

It's not universal either. Sub signs are created by employees. Mere coincidence.

Think it was a Substitute. TC, did they have any of the item next to it? Think it was that Kinect EA's Sports Active because my store was out of them... Usually what I have seen is that they just substitute with similar items and sometimes the PDA doesn't let you and they have to pick something else... in this case, that might not have been the case. Great deal nevertheless :whistle2:D

Can we close this thread? The deal was dead on Saturday when EA Sports Active 2 went off sale... people speculating on how to get it now are really wasting their time. (Beyond how YMMV it was to begin with)

I saw some of the substitution signs on games last week. One was Substitute Gears of War 2 for a game they had advertised but no longer had in stock. Might be a new promotion. Mark down old stock and hope it induces a purchase rather than a rain check. Doesn't really fit here though, does it?

bread's done
Back