Kinect available at amazon $150

[quote name='killer9']when it hits 49.99 that will be a deal[/QUOTE]

I'm in the boat at $100 or less, but right now It's OOS at a late of places so being in stock before Christmas can be considered a deal.

thanks OP!

Everyone I know wants one and I'm able to snag it for them.

Don't let the "not a deal" posts get you down. It's a deal in my mind since it's hard to get. Just ignore those people.

[quote name='killer9']when it hits 49.99 that will be a deal[/QUOTE]

you are going to be waiting a while, I can see it going to $99.99 in about a year but $50? not likely maybe after the new Xbox comes out

Apparently they have a lot of them. At least 999. That's the highest quantity you can enter, and it accepted it. Will be interesting to see if they sell out again.

By the way, putting in that quantity... I hope you don't have 1-click enabled in case of a stray click. ;)

[quote name='confoosious']thanks OP!

Everyone I know wants one and I'm able to snag it for them.

Don't let the "not a deal" posts get you down. It's a deal in my mind since it's hard to get. Just ignore those people.[/QUOTE]

I know, its one of those where its MSRP but a lot of people will save the tax type of deals, which is the best "deal" you can get on them. Thats why I have been waiting on Amazon. Plus places like Gamestop and Walmart only sell them online through bundles. Anyway you want to look at it, sometimes when there is limited supply a deal for in stock and most of the time no tax is good enough, no taxes pn this which saves me around $12 is a deal.

With all that being said, this thing is still amazingly in stock. Amazon must have a surplus of them right now or the hype has died down a little.

Already have one but if not thanks for posting it. Most people here have high amounts of amazon credit or just enjoy the convince of amazon so for this, I thank you.

If you are on the border about the camera, ill tell you if you should get it or not. Do you like dancing games? If so, get it. Do you like to exercise via video game? Then maybe get it. Otherwise, do not bother. The software selection is terrible and the thing becomes like the wii collecting dust. I dont even use mine other then when people come over. Its basically just like the wii novelty wise but way worse controls, if thats even possible.

SO looking forward to this thing last e3, but absolutely not now. Love the hardware and possibilities, waiting for the software to catch up. Hoping it might be cheaper by then too. I guess a thanks to everyone supporting it now is in order =)

[quote name='blitz6speed']Its basically just like the wii novelty wise but way worse controls, if thats even possible.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Vortextk'] Love the hardware and possibilities, waiting for the software to catch up. [/QUOTE]

Umm, so is the hardware good or bad?
We all know software right now are targeted towards casual gamers, but I'm sure legit titles will come.
But is the hardware good enough to play serious "gamers" games?

And if anyone has both Move and Kinect, please comment as well!
I only have the PS Move right now, and I give it 8/10.

This is a great add on for the 360. I suppose the availability for cutting-edge gamers or families looking for this is awesome. Got mine on day 1 with the deal from Kmart. Good luck getting one before the SD people sell you one for Christmas...

wondering if i should pull the trigger on this. my friend lives in the state of washington and said he bought one on saturday at the microsoft store for 119.99. said there was a 20 percent off sale... i dont believe him but hes notthe type to lie

[quote name='Monsta Mack']I'm in the boat at $100 or less, but right now It's OOS at a late of places so being in stock before Christmas can be considered a deal.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I might even be up for $120 or less... I didn't expect it to be so OOS everywhere. I knew I really wanted it and people will want it, but this is beyond expectations with all the flak it got in forums. I guess not only 360 gamers buying it, with it being repurposed for PC controller/robot sight/PC 3d webcam/etc. Some people even buy a few for those repurposing... And then there are a lot of people buying to resell it too...

[quote name='billydeewilliams']wondering if i should pull the trigger on this. my friend lives in the state of washington and said he bought one on saturday at the microsoft store for 119.99. said there was a 20 percent off sale... i dont believe him but hes notthe type to lie[/QUOTE]

Don't believe him. Normally, hardware is NOT discounted at the Microsoft Store, only first-party published games.

However, early on, the Kinect was found for slighly cheaper than retail. BUT, it's also completely out-of-stock and has been for days now.

They still had at least 999 of them when I checked an hour ago or so, so either this batch isn't selling, or they got a LOT of them in.

they must have a ton of these in the warehouse. I was at Target yesterday and the lady was telling another customer that people get there first thing in the morning and snatch up all the kinects they get on the overnight.

[quote name='MICHGoBlue']Umm, so is the hardware good or bad?
We all know software right now are targeted towards casual gamers, but I'm sure legit titles will come.
But is the hardware good enough to play serious "gamers" games?

And if anyone has both Move and Kinect, please comment as well!
I only have the PS Move right now, and I give it 8/10.[/QUOTE]

I have to say this is a lot more fun than I ever thought it could be. My girlfriend got it for her birthday, and we've enjoyed playing it together quite a bit.

I could never see myself playing a Call of Duty or Gears of War or something like that with it, though. Everything seems to be so finicky and random, at times. Sure, it could be partly due to the developers, but I am sure there are certain limits of the hardware to factor in, too.

[quote name='confoosious']they must have a ton of these in the warehouse. I was at Target yesterday and the lady was telling another customer that people get there first thing in the morning and snatch up all the kinects they get on the overnight.[/QUOTE]
When i worked at target the Wii had just come out and they limited them to 1 per customer for the first year

[quote name='crunchewy']They still had at least 999 of them when I checked an hour ago or so, so either this batch isn't selling, or they got a LOT of them in.
1.gif
[/QUOTE]
Yea I think they have gotten in a huge amount to keep up with the christmas demand.

[quote name='newbslice']When i worked at target the Wii had just come out and they limited them to 1 per customer for the first year[/QUOTE]

yeah, she said that was the policy. But she says they all sell out right away.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I could never see myself playing a Call of Duty or Gears of War or something like that with it[/QUOTE]

Shooters are playable with these motion controls. The real questions is how can they make a fast action hardcore motion control game like say, Ninja Gaiden. Do you have to perform all the moves Hayabusa can? I think I will have a hard time performing the Izuna Drop. :lol:

The hardware itself IS good, im happy with it and doing the diagnostics you can tell it works fine. Its the software right now thats really, really bad. Other then dance central, im not sure what else is worth even 5 seconds of anyones time.

That said, i am hoping we'll see some worthwhile games soon. I honestly do. Im a early adopter (got wii at launch, wii fit board, motion plus, 2 move controllers + pseye, kinect) so i buy most crap anyway, but i honestly cannot recommend Kinect to anyone who is a actual gamer and not someone casual looking to kill some time. If you have a lot of people over often, then dance central is worth it alone, however it is a single player experience, which really hurts the game.

I mostly agree with that. They'll have to come out with better games to make it last but the tech is good.

looks like still > 1000 available.

[quote name='confoosious']I mostly agree with that. They'll have to come out with better games to make it last but the tech is good.

looks like still > 1000 available.[/QUOTE]

Unlimited supply this round it seems. Maybe MS is drop shipping for them.

[quote name='blitz6speed']The hardware itself IS good, im happy with it and doing the diagnostics you can tell it works fine. Its the software right now thats really, really bad. Other then dance central, im not sure what else is worth even 5 seconds of anyones time.

That said, i am hoping we'll see some worthwhile games soon. I honestly do. Im a early adopter (got wii at launch, wii fit board, motion plus, 2 move controllers + pseye, kinect) so i buy most crap anyway, but i honestly cannot recommend Kinect to anyone who is a actual gamer and not someone casual looking to kill some time. If you have a lot of people over often, then dance central is worth it alone, however it is a single player experience, which really hurts the game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Dance Central is my girlfriend's favorite game right now. She has a bunch of other games, and they are definitely all very shallow experiences.

Kinect Sports is definitely fun to compete against each other in, but most of the gestures you need to use are against what you'd actually do in real life. For instance, when we do the bowling game, I get my ass kicked, because I use to bowl a lot when I was younger, and I automatically want to step into my throw. When I do though, it throws off the release point. Conversely, my girlfriend just stands there and flicks her wrist, getting strikes and spares all over the player. Even more odd is how badly I beat her in the javelin throw, considering she actually was a thrower on her college's track and field team.

As long as Child of Eden is reviewed well, that is the first announced title(I know of) that would make me buy one, but that won't be out till atleast next year...

Annoying to hear that they haven't yet integrated it that well with the dashboard. Or actually it's not at all, and you go to a special kinect dash, right? Even that I'm hearing is "ok", but I was figuring that would be something they would do a lot better stepping into launch. They can definitely update it, which is another reason I'm just kind of sitting on my wallet waiting for that special day down the road.

Yeah my girlfriend is really into it, plays the (included) Kinect Adventures, & Dance Central. Both of those games work great, and they are really fun.

It doesn't surprise me that sales are brisk -- most negative remarks are made by so-called "hardcore" (ha!) gamers who are looking for some blood. However the Wii has proven that there are many types of gamers out there.

As a result of playing Kinect games, my girlfriend has been playing Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light with me via co-op, which has been great.

[quote name='Vortextk']As long as Child of Eden is reviewed well, that is the first announced title(I know of) that would make me buy one, but that won't be out till atleast next year...

Annoying to hear that they haven't yet integrated it that well with the dashboard. Or actually it's not at all, and you go to a special kinect dash, right? Even that I'm hearing is "ok", but I was figuring that would be something they would do a lot better stepping into launch. They can definitely update it, which is another reason I'm just kind of sitting on my wallet waiting for that special day down the road.[/QUOTE]

It's not the integration that's the pain, it's the awful consistency. Every publisher wants to do their own thing with the menus. The Dance central game has the best menus. Then the next best is... using the controller.

Agreed on that. The menus in Dance Central are done quite well. With everything else, it can definitely be a pain sometimes, and I do find myself going for the controller from time-to-time.

bread's done
Back