Kinect Game Summer Sale $10 to $30 + free shipping @Newegg.com

Bosamba

CAGiversary!
Newegg has no information on their website about when this sale ends.

Currently Newegg is having a sale on select games for :360: Kinect. Search for "KinectJulypro" if the link doesn't work.
All of the following :shipfree:

Kinectimals $9.99 (Shoprunner eligible)
Yoostar 2: In the Movies $12.99
Sonic Free Riders $14.99
Twister Mania $14.99
Jillian Michaels Fitness Adventure $14.99
Virtua Tennis 4 $14.99
Sesame Street: Once Upon A Monster $14.99
Rise of Nightmares $14.99 (Shoprunner eligible)
Dance Paradise $14.99
Carnival Games: Monkey See, Monkey Do $15.99
PowerUP Heroes $15.99
Brunswick Pro Bowling $15.99
Spongebob Squarepants: Road Trip $15.99
Puss in Boots $15.99
Fantastic Pets $15.99
MotionSports: Adrenaline $15.99 (Shoprunner eligible)
Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout $15.99
Kung Fu Panda 2 $15.99
Big League Sports $16.99
MotionSports $17.99
Wipeout: In the Zone $17.99
Minute to Win It $19.99
Rapala For Kinect $19.99 (Shoprunner eligible)
Deca Sports Freedom $19.99
DanceMasters $19.99
Kinect Rush: A Disney-Pixar Adventure $29.99 (Shoprunner eligible)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='y2jd']do they take paypal (bank account) ? some places dont take those[/QUOTE]

yes

I'd stay away from the MotionSports and Deca Sports games. They're just terrible.
Kinect Sports is quite good, but unfortunately it isn't part of the sale.

And as far as the dance games go, my daughter likes Dance Central better than any of those other titles....but again, not part of the sale. I guess NewEgg is trying to get rid of all the crappy Kinect games.

Actually, Kinectimals was OK for a little while, and I've heard good things about Biggest Loser. I picked it up during the last sale, but haven't opened it yet.

Rise of Nightmares is worth playing. Good combat and a crazy story. Only thing holding it back from excellence is the navigation is a pain.

Percentagewise, I think there's more crap for Kinect than there is on the Wii. I regret buying that thing all the time now. I use it pretty much exclusively for YourShape Fitness Evolved and every once in a while Kinect Sports. I tried Gunslinger on it and hated the interface. The entire time I was thinking it might be a half fun game if only I could just use a controller.

My kids played Kinectimals once or twice and lost interest, same with Disneyland Adventures...so I traded those while we could still get good value for it. My 4-year-old greatly prefers playing Kung Fu Panda with a controller.

Twister Mania was simplistic but it's fun until you reach the level that's the limit of your body's physicality (flexibility, strength, etc.). It's the best of the Hole in the Wall type of game.

Rise of Nightmares is fun once you get a handle on when to autowalk and when to manually walk. The combat is fantastic. Manual navigation is hit and miss (sometimes it's great but it seems to fail at the most inopportune moment).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDRHh_yvUnE
PowerUP Heroes is a must own for any Kinect owner. Simple to play with responsive controls and online multiplayer! The upcoming Avengers game is made by the same studio and is a heavily beefed up version of PowerUP Heroes but with Marvel characters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atHMNaa5dQw
Here's a level I recorded recently of Puss in Boots
Puss in Boots is a beautiful game. It's just like playing a movie. The production value of this game is extremely high. It's too simplistic for a hardcore gamer but the controls work well for what it is and it does feel like being in a movie.

I feel that Fantastic Pets is better than Kinectimals for being a virtual pet game. Yes, the graphics are terrible compared to Kinectimals. But it's much easier for a young child to manage Fantastic Pets. With Kinectimals, the kid ends up watching and the parent has to do too much and hand hold the whole process. The augmented reality is extremely cool. To see your pet flying around your family room or jumping on the furniture or wrapping themselves around your leg.

The Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout is one of the better exercise games out there. Again, graphics and UI are its biggest problems. But it's probably the most complete exercise game out there because it has online multiplayer so you can actually exercise with people. It also has customizable routines and schedules, floor exercises, and recipes. The biggest problem with the UI is it's designed for a mouse with the narrow buttons and having to "click" on the buttons. They need to add this to Kinect PlayFit!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MTLU5Qddqs
Wipeout in the Zone is an amazing workout and pretty faithful to the show. This one desperately needs online multiplayer. But if you can get people together in the house, it's an amusing game.

Yoostar 2 is movie karaoke. So much potential but a lot of problems. It doesn't support green screens (chroma key) like the original Yoostar did so you end up with this terrible blockiness around your body unless conditions are perfect. Kind of jarring when overlaid on top of a nice video background. There's no support for mics so you have to use the Kinect mics. And it's what you expect (you sound distant and low quality) which is also jarring next to the movie audio. If you and your friends are hams, though, it'll be fun. But for the curious, I'd say skip.

Dance Paradise is for those that love its soundtrack (it's really a great tracklist). Otherwise, don't get it. Luckily, some of its songs have since been added to Dance Central as DLC or is available via other dance games.

Kinect Rush. Someone let me know about this game? I'm curious as I've heard good things but the demo was just awful and way too short.

bread's done
Back