Kinect Games B1G1 50% off at Amazon

dblchin01

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The Keyboard Wizard']For everyone thinking about using their black ops credit I'm pretty sure it will not process. When examining further it says under terms and conditions that amazon promotional certificates will not combine with the deal.[/QUOTE]

My $30 of video game credit (from Kinect/game offer) stacked just fine with this deal. I can't think of ANY Amazon deals where that wasn't the case. Or are promotional certificates something else?

Just so everybody knows, I DID successfully have them match the deal. I had preordered Your Fitness last week and received it on Thursday with 99c release day shipping...

I just told them it was pretty crazy to do such a big deal on brand new games. Wasn't like it was $5 off or something it's $25 off 3 days after release.

Anyway they told me to just purchase another game and then reply to the email their reply that they sent to me with the new order number and they'll half it.

so is Fighters Uncaged and MotionSports: Play For Real good games

Last edited:
I feel obligated to get in on this just because I have credit. Already picked up Kinect Sports, Dance Central, Kinectimals, and Your Shape. Trying to pretend I didn't get Biggest Loser. Am I right in thinking everything else is absolutely not worth it?

[quote name='Stryffe2004']Unfortunately Microsoft is smart. Kinect Sports was in the top 10 of videogames sales on Amazon the last time I looked. I don't think Kinect Adventures would be if you switched pack ins.[/QUOTE]

So right, total cash grab on their part. Very corporate bean counter type of risk. Adventures is great for my (young) kids, but it's a steaming piece of crap. Even Nintendo knows you have to GIVE something to the consumer. Companies that I think do this include Blizzard, Bioware, and Harmonix. It's about the relationship. But hey, it's Microsoft, who would expect them to think beyond this quarter's earnings? Well, I guess they have before.

Anyway, this is a great deal if you have a Kinect. I will say Dance Central was worth full price.

Kinect Sports is a much more fully-featured game than Wii Sports, even if it's not quite as tricked-out as Wii Sports Resort (it is a launch title, after all). Kinect Adventures, while maybe a bit less polished and enticing than Wii Sports, has just as many minigames and more features than the original Wii pack-in. I think it's pretty smart of them to include it with the Kinect hardware since it wouldn't sell that well on its own but it shows off what the hardware can do.

So does Amazon have the release date for Harry Potter wrong? It says the 9th, but on other websites it says the 16th. Was hoping to see if they would include it in the B1G1 50% off.

For those of us who really like DDR, which should we get? Dance Masters or Dance Central? I'm inclined to get DC due to it being by Harmonix, but I'm inclined to get DM because it's more like DDR, but then again, does DDR translate well to Kinect? Maybe it's better with a dance pad? Hmmm. I suppose I could get both, but that might be Kinect dance overload....

[quote name='crunchewy']For those of us who really like DDR, which should we get? Dance Masters or Dance Central? I'm inclined to get DC due to it being by Harmonix, but I'm inclined to get DM because it's more like DDR, but then again, does DDR translate well to Kinect? Maybe it's better with a dance pad? Hmmm. I suppose I could get both, but that might be Kinect dance overload....[/QUOTE]

I have both; I think Dance Central is the better game, but DanceMasters is much closer to DDR.

Music
DanceMasters is all the Bemani you're used to, including many pulled from DDR (like Exotic Ethnic, one of my favorites). Dance Central is mostly modern R+B, dance, and funk/disco.

Technique
Dance Central is about learning the dance moves that come up on flashcards in advance (using the training mode, Break It Down), then stringing them together. Once you memorize the dance, you can even turn off flashcards and just do it yourself. DanceMasters is more about reaction time, as there are no preset "moves". You need to pose, move, and react as the prompts come up.

[quote name='crunchewy']For those of us who really like DDR, which should we get? Dance Masters or Dance Central? I'm inclined to get DC due to it being by Harmonix, but I'm inclined to get DM because it's more like DDR, but then again, does DDR translate well to Kinect? Maybe it's better with a dance pad? Hmmm. I suppose I could get both, but that might be Kinect dance overload....[/QUOTE]
http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-dance-central/17-3462/
VS
http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-dancemasters/17-3470/

Half ignore the people and watch the gameplay to see which one you enjoy more. They did "quick looks" for almost every Kinect launch game so check those out also if you want.

They both look difficult. I have to say that the on-screen you in Dance Masters is a huge turnoff, unfortunately. It would be fine if it worked well, but it doesn't. Like a crappy version of (Mac OS X) PhotoBooth. I wonder, though, if there's an option to turn that off or change it to a negative like in Dance Central? Probably not. Still, I might end up getting it whenever I get a Kinect - I like how it shows the moves. I thought DC was pretty unclear in that video in that regard, but I didn't watch it to the end - maybe they cover the break it down part later in the video.

I'm thinking of getting in on this deal, but I already have 4 Kinect games. I want to get Kinectimals, but I can't think of another game. I already have Dance Central, Kinect Sports, and Your Shape. I'm still waiting for Your Shape, because I bought it from Amazon, but I guess I bought it from a 3rd party. Would they let me return it and buy one from Amazon? Or would you guys recommend a different game?

So I guess they raised the price of the 2 games everyone wants (Sports and Dance Central) a buck. Very sneaky, Amazon ;). They are $47.99 now - seems like they were $46.99 before. The rest are still that price.

I'm tempted to get Sports + Kinectimals even though I don't have a Kinect yet. I may get one either through the Warehouse deals or just buy a 250GB bundle to get a 2nd 360 in the house - though with the difficulty in switching back and forth between consoles that hardly seems worth it (PS3 nailed this which meant it was an easy choice to get a 2nd one of those).

If anyone is interested, I have a factory sealed Kinect Sports and factory sealed Kinect Joyride for trade/sale! Iwill be throwing in the Kinect launch exclusive avatar item: Adidas Superstart outfit with every trade/purchase!

I also have a 12 month XBL gold card for trade/sale!

PM me!

Tempted, but I think I'm good and don't need to "settle".

Good thing I went the Target B2G1F route last week, and picked up 3 Kinect games for $33.33 each.

As opposed to Amazon's B1G150 which makes each games cost $35.99.

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']Tempted, but I think I'm good and don't need to "settle".

Good thing I went the Target B2G1F route last week, and picked up 3 Kinect games for $33.33 each.

As opposed to Amazon's B1G150 which makes each games cost $35.99.[/QUOTE]
Your Target doesn't charge tax and delivers for free?

I didn't think there's any that did that

I've found out that Dance Masters lets you turn the on-screen YOU off if you want - it's an option in the settings - so that's a good thing. Found this via the bemanistyle.com forums, FYI. I'm still waffling on whether or not to buy a Kinect, though. I suppose if I just wait it out it will all be cheaper soon enough AND it might get an update or two. But I'm such a tech geek it's hard to wait. I would feel a LOT more certain if it recognized kids voices properly, which I'm reading it does not.

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']Tempted, but I think I'm good and don't need to "settle".

As opposed to Amazon's B1G150 which makes each games cost $35.99.[/QUOTE]

Good thing I price matched at Best Buy which means I picked up 3 Kinect games for $28.26 each. After tax.

[quote name='ryheeles']Good thing I price matched at Best Buy which means I picked up 3 Kinect games for $28.26 each. After tax.[/QUOTE]
Good thing I'm broke so I can skip this deal.

Just ended up getting Dance Central and Kinectimals for the Nieces and Nephews. Seems like Kinectimals is getting decent reviews, and I already have DC and know that it is fun.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Damn the list got smaller. I was just about to use the rest of my Amazon credit on 2 games.[/QUOTE]

I saw that earlier today, but I ordered Dance Central and Your Shape and the discount still applied. Just check the last page before submitting the order and the promo should still be there.

I managed to get the $10 Video Game Credit that was added to Dance Central today by emailing them about it. I'm surprised that they gave me the $10 credit on top of this deal.

[quote name='Jav0r']I managed to get the $10 Video Game Credit that was added to Dance Central today by emailing them about it. I'm surprised that they gave me the $10 credit on top of this deal.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads-up, I just shot them a email about it.

EDIT- Just got the $10 added to my account

bread's done
Back