Kinect knows what you're doing.

EncryptedPrints

CAG Veteran
Just found a neat article.

http://www.i-programmer.info/news/1...nce/2695-kinect-knows-what-you-are-doing.html

In short: The Kinect can be trained to recognize various common human activities (cooking, drawing, etc). The programmers managed to get it to about 83% accuracy. The program drops down to 64% accuracy when the person performing the task is a stranger.

So even for common tasks (IE: cooking) there are plenty of individual movements and actions that make us unique to an observing AI. The implications of this are far reaching. Someday there may exist entire data-files based on our movements and habits. Identification will no longer be limited to cards, private information or scanning a specific part of the body.

Everything you do, don't do, say, touch. The way you flop on the couch, the way you make love to your spouse or significant other. Every movement intentional and habitual will contribute to your "ID"

Welcome to the Information Age 2.0 =)

[quote name='perdition(troy']First thing that popped into my head when I read your post was "who makes love with their kinect on and facing them".[/QUOTE]

I do, because I know Microsoft is watching.

o-face.jpg

[quote name='nasum']and they need to learn your new moves eh?[/QUOTE]

Hardcore, cuz' I could never be soft.....

[quote name='perdition(troy']First thing that popped into my head when I read your post was "who makes love with their kinect".[/QUOTE]

First thing I did out of the box. Left the styrofoam collar on because ooh baby I like it raw.

bread's done
Back