Kinect Power Supply

moonphrogg

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Anyone know where I can get a hold of a kinect power supply? I just got a new Slim, but I'm hoping to attach it to my old 360.

The M$ store seems to be out of them for the time being (as is Amazon), and I'm hesitant to be gouged on one from ebay. Does anybody know where else I can buy these reasonably, or would be willing to part with their own if they don't need it?

Thanks for any info!

why would you need this??? I have a kinect hooked to my old 360 and all I needed was in the box...are you saying you don't have a free usb port on the front or something??? it came with a usb extension

If you buy the kinect separately, it comes with a power supply. If you buy a 360 Slim bundle with kinect, then that kinect camera does not come with the power supply needed for connecting the kinect to older 360 models.

Apart from the ones directly sold my MS, I have no clue were to get one, sorry.

[quote name='scp89']why would you need this??? I have a kinect hooked to my old 360 and all I needed was in the box...are you saying you don't have a free usb port on the front or something??? it came with a usb extension[/QUOTE]

As I mentioned before, I got my Kinect sensor with the Slim bundle. As such, it was not packaged with the power supply attachment. This is necessary if I plan to use it with a pre-Slim xbox 360.

a universal adapter will not work with the Kinect as it has a usb cable with a shape I have not seen before. One corner or it is angled. Most likely they did this to drive up the sales of cables directly supplied by Microsoft. You can buy it at the Microsoft store ($35) but it has been out of stock for a while now. Hopefully another company will see the need for an item like this and do a better job than MS on providing them to everyone.

[quote name='nateeasy29']Maybe we can set up a trade or something. I have one i'm not using.[/QUOTE]

Sent you a PM - let me know if you're interested. Thanks. :)

Just a head's-up - I contacted monoprice.com to suggest they start carrying these, and I received a response that they already have something in the works. No ETA, though. . .still, I'm sure the end product will be significantly cheaper than the M$ option - I'd say $20 at the most. . .

If that offer falls through, I also have one that came with my Kinect. I have 2 slims, so there's no use for it in my house.

bread's done
Back