Kinect Sensor w/ Kinect Adventures + $25 (was $40) Amazon credit - $139.99

bobsaysblah

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002BSA298/ref=ox_ya_os_product

Both the $15 and $25 offers are listed under "special offers and product promotions," and they are both mentioned at checkout. It could be a mistake though, but my order has been changed to "shipping soon" already, and Amazon is usually pretty good after reaching that phase.

EDIT: down to only the $25 now. Edited title to reflect that

Last edited by a moderator:
"
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] Congratulations. Your purchase has qualified you for a $15 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads). The credit will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your product ships once processing is complete.
Congratulations. Your purchase has qualified you for a $25 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads). The credit will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your product ships once processing is complete."

- Copied from my order confirmation

[/SIZE][/FONT]

It's too bad $100 is still too much for Kinect (imo of course). I was ready to buy when they said it was going to be $50. $100 I might have even considered after that but $150 is a slap in the face. It's a dare to buy an insanely overpriced luxury item. Time to vote with my wallet and I say Nay.

Considering the amount of space required to effectively use the device I shouldn't even be considering it because I simply don't have enough play space anyway. Still I love me some high tech toys and I would move the furniture around every time I wanted to use it. Which if it's anything like my Wii that won't be very often at all anymore.

At any rate, given the prices I've seen for it this is a pretty solid deal. Good find OP I hope it makes some people happy.

I'm with Chrono. The price is tempting on a relative basis, but I don't want to allocate the space and (more importantly) can't think of a single shipping or announced Kinect game that interests me.

I thought this was selling like hotcakes during the holidays, so I'm a little surprised by what seem to be increasing discounts over the past few weeks.

Wow, that's the best deal I think I've seen for Kinect. The only thing I would want it for is an exercise game...eh. I'll wait.

Man lots of whining here.

I think I'll hold off until child of eden, but when that game comes out, I'm getting a kinect. No question.

[quote name='gantt']I'm with Chrono. The price is tempting on a relative basis, but I don't want to allocate the space and (more importantly) can't think of a single shipping or announced Kinect game that interests me.

I thought this was selling like hotcakes during the holidays, so I'm a little surprised by what seem to be increasing discounts over the past few weeks.[/QUOTE]

I agree with both of you guys.

I also read that while the Kinect outsold pretty much all other electronics during the holidays, its sales are now likely pretty flat. I'm tempted at this price, but I can't think of any games I'd actually play.

I'm not sure where people are getting the idea that this thing will ever hit clearance prices. It's not so much an accessory that will be cast aside once its popularity has died but a focal part of MS's new strategy. What would be the point of advertising and promoting something that people buy for $20 in the bargain bin?

The day it hits that price will be the day that MS gives up on Kinect, and that ain't happening anytime soon.

Great Deal!!!! My complaint is...... I bought this damn thing day 1 for $150, now where is the support for this product?!?!?!? If things don't change soon for the Kinect I'm going to have to call this apparatus a cheap gimmick from MS. We really haven't gotten much since the launch and everything in development is TBA. I'm not bashing the Kinect I think it's a great piece of technology but for $150 I think it should be getting more support!

[quote name='skiizim']Great Deal!!!! My complaint is...... I bought this damn thing day 1 for $150, now where is the support for this product?!?!?!? If things don't change soon for the Kinect I'm going to have to call this apparatus a cheap gimmick from MS. We really haven't gotten much since the launch and everything in development is TBA. I'm not bashing the Kinect I think it's a great piece of technology but for $150 I think it should be getting more support![/QUOTE]

I remember hearing that dev kits went out relatively late. Microsoft really seems really committed to this much more so than a simple gimmick.

Great deal but I'll be waiting until this year's E3 at least to see what, if anything, Microsoft has in store for Kinect for the next year or so. I don't need a bunch of Wii shovel-ware ported over and a bunch of exercising games. Child of Eden is a good start, but they need more to convince me this thing is more than a flash in the pan, albeit one made of cool tech.

I love my Kinect, but like others have said, they really aren't giving us much hope right now. Do I think they'll keep investing into it? Absolutely, but it's like you have this huge launch and tell people it's a new step forward for the 360, throw out extremely fun titles like Dance Central, and then just don't do anything since the beginning of the year.

This is semi-tempting but not enough. With just $10 off and $25 credit, I'd still be basically paying $15 for the crap game that is Kinect Adventures - which would never see the light of laser in my console. Not only that, but there's not a single Kinect game out now that interests me, the only thing that is interesting about it is the tech - but without interesting software its just an expensive Dashboard navigation controller.

bread's done
Back