Kinect Wall Mounts/Stands in Canada...

True Kronic

CAG Newbie
Anyone know if these are coming to Canada? They release in the US on Tues. (Nov. 2/10), but I can't find any listings of them at any Canadian retailer.

I pre-ordered Kinect for 20% off at Best Buy back on Labor Day, but I won't be able to use it at all without the wall mount.

I can only assume they're coming to Canada, but even the lowest budget, most obscure full game releases have listings at retailers before they come out, which is why I question it.

A couple of nails/screws and a board painted black? That'll set you back WAAAAAY less than 15 bucks. :p

And for actual topic, your best bet is months after its US release since that's the general order of things (yes even today).

Edit: Or you can preorder it from Amazon.com, but it's gonna set you back 10 bucks for shipping. happy x-mas.

I have a ghetto set up for my PS3 Move camera - made from the inside of a DSi box & reinforced with masking tape - thing is Kinect must weigh at least 5 times more (probably more), Kinect needs room so the motors can rotate, and it's an expensive piece of technology compared to a cheap web cam.

$15 is a small price to pay for something like this.

And yeah, I really, really don't want to order from the States (which is why I made this thread). It's such a scam, I'd rather simply go without it (maybe I'll just put my kinect up on e-bay and make double my money back ;))

Anyone interested - these things did release in the States, and I checked a few Canadian retailers (The Source, Future Shop and EB Games), none of them have it, or have it their computers, or have any clue what I'm talking about when I ask them.

I find it pretty effed up that an official product is coming out everywhere in the world but Canada.

[quote name='kn00tcn']are you near the border? or can you get someone or yourself over there to 'import'[/QUOTE]

Not close enough to justify the trip for a $15 item. ;)

[quote name='zorba_the_greek']The ideal place for a Kinect is underneath a tv anyway/[/QUOTE]

I know, but when I have my center speaker from the surround there, it's not ideal.

[quote name='CAGirl'](not sure if this is a serious topic...)[/QUOTE]

Serious.....and I really can't be the only one who needs one of these things...

FS/BB or other retailers will carry mounts once Kinect is released. There is a PS3 eye mount made by the same company PDP is sold at FS you can find it only in-store not on their website. You order your Kinect online right so it should arrive in the mail in a few of days, so some retailers should have the mounts by the time your kinect arrives.

This one is pretty nice.

pdptv.jpg

^^Yeah those are a bit much (so is the wall mount, but at least it's reasonable).

Also, the only use I could see for the tripod is if you have a wall mounted TV and don't want more holes in your dry wall from the wall mount.

So these things still don't' exist in Canada.....I just moved my center speaker off to the right.....it's actually not that big of a deal (kinda annoying).

I seen small kinect wall mounts at ebgames. seem to be just a small one that screws into the wall behind the tv. Was made by PDP so its on that special rack that has accessories from that company. I think it was 20$.

bread's done
Back