Kinectimals LIMITED Edition $10 off online with TRU-Plus code for another $10 off

MastrMeatWad

CAGiversary!
Not sure if anyone cares about the limited edition Kinectimals?!, BUT if you do, the 59.99 limited edition has 10 off at TRU online only, so 49.99 total-Comes w/ KING Cheetah stuffy and code to unlock king in the game. Hey, its essentially the same price of the standard edition. EDIT: you also can get an additional 10 dollars off if you add another item in your cart that is at least 2 cents-making it a 20 dollar in savings. see below for code.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10801106&006=6919424566&002=2194806&005=19729571411&004=1881840886&camp=PPC%3A656432311&007=Search

edit:
I wanted to add "evilhomer"'s comment on extra deal w/ this. his quote-

"If you can find a cheap filler there is a $10 off $50 code also which will off set the shipping.

Code is 939831 "

So it looks like you can add something very small, at least 2 cents and save a total of $20-i confirmed it works. You just need to add an item that is at LEAST 2 cents to this item and you will get another 10 off. Hint: If your struggling finding something-go to clearance-tons of things around 2 dollars-

EDIT: It appears the code expired as of 10/31/2010-- HOWEVER- 100 dollars spent gives you free shipping--If ;anyone finds another code that works please pm me or add it to the post... Usually TRU has new codes each month, so should see some next day or so, hopefully.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol. he, yeah i know. I was thinking about getting it for my daughter, she is begging for it... Who am I to judge.

Out of all the games for Kinect I was stuck on this one because I know the kids will love it it instantly. I hope it turns out good.

Skittles!

If I was to get Kinnect, I would so get this game for my little boy, he would so get a kick out of this. Not the CE though, he doesn't need more stuffed animals.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']The Good: You save 10 dollars.

The Bad: You end up with a copy of Kinectimals.[/QUOTE]

I hate Glee as I think it is the dumbest TV show on Earth, but hey lots of people love it so who am I to judge that show? Same with Kinectimals, some people will find enjoyment while others will just hate it.

[quote name='oasisboy']I hate Glee as I think it is the dumbest TV show on Earth, but hey lots of people love it so who am I to judge that show? Same with Kinectimals, some people will find enjoyment while others will just hate it.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't worry myself about those people, though. In order to play this game they would need to be Kinect owners, which would put them in the category of people who shouldn't be allowed to leave the house by themselves for fear they will suddenly run into the middle of a busy street. They're best left to their own devices/their caretakers.

I'm buying a console with Kinect and one for my folks so that we have the web cams easily in the living room, and then my parents can see their grandkid easily. I think it's going to be awesome since now I'll actually be able to just unplug my wii as it's a complete waste of space.

[quote name='LinkinPrime'] Not the CE though, he doesn't need more stuffed animals.[/QUOTE]

Pass that wisdom to my wife. I make about 3 trips to goodwill a year, and i usually drop off a dozen or so of those each trip.

I would consider this thing for my daughter but the price of the Kinect itself is just too high. I'm sure it will come down to like 20 bucks after it fails miserably. Then I can pick up all 5 games made for it for a nickle each too.

This is a wonderful deal and very interested on it thanks OP. My niece and nephew will go bonkers when they visit.

Now only if they did adult games like this i bet more people would go hand crazy. :)

Huh. I was hoping that the limited edition would come with the small living room adapter. I don't know anyone with a large enough room to play Kinect.

Kinect camera is sold out at amazon and ... I think it's target. I don't think Kinect is going to fail. In fact the early reports are that interest from consumers is very high and it's going to be the hot seller for xmas.

[quote name='crunchewy']Kinect camera is sold out at amazon and ... I think it's target. I don't think Kinect is going to fail. In fact the early reports are that interest from consumers is very high and it's going to be the hot seller for xmas.[/QUOTE]

gamestop.com is sold out to. Im excited. Cant wait.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']This is a wonderful deal and very interested on it thanks OP. My niece and nephew will go bonkers when they visit.

Now only if they did adult games like this i bet more people would go hand crazy. :)[/QUOTE]

You are very welcome. To be honest w/ everyone, I am stoked I actually got to post a deal. :applause:

And I just pre-ordered it for my little one, I just like to see her light up-I am a sucker. What I really liked is ESPN and Kinect Video calls, and Kinect Windows messenger calls. So cool. I think I will use that to talk to family more than the games!

[quote name='joshnorm']So are multiple places going to have different LE? GS is a different, I haven't checked Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Yes, TRU has the King Cheetah; gamestop has the Blue/maltese tiger; and then there is the other tiger elsewhere. Amazon as of late has not carried the LE sku, and GS has it for 60. I haven't seen it anywhere else? So it seems TRU and GS are the only two at this point-and TRU wins w/ it being 10 less.

[quote name='nateeasy29']gamestop.com is sold out to. Im excited. Cant wait.[/QUOTE]

Kinect pre orders are all sold out, I have an extra kinect I am going to sell because I got the email from MS that beta gets to keep it. I couldn't cancel my pre order in time-it is being processed, but that is ok, i can help a brother out somewhere.

[quote name='yourlefthand']Huh. I was hoping that the limited edition would come with the small living room adapter. I don't know anyone with a large enough room to play Kinect.[/QUOTE]

Actually, not as bad as people have made it out to be. I have a small, very small house/living room. My house is a 3bed 1000 sq ft, so you can only imagine the size of my living room. once you step back 6-8 ft from the device; which honestly is not much, one person's lenght from tv out-you shouldn't be closer watching tv anyway. So w/ my small space I had Zero/little issues. It isn't like you need to run around the room, I'm thinking it is the people already made up their mind and think kinect sucks they overexaggerate the use of the device.

[quote name='MastrMeatWad']Actually, not as bad as people have made it out to be. I have a small, very small house/living room. My house is a 3bed 1000 sq ft, so you can only imagine the size of my living room. once you step back 6-8 ft from the device; which honestly is not much, one person's lenght from tv out-you shouldn't be closer watching tv anyway. So w/ my small space I had ZERO issues w/ using the kinect. None. It isn't like you need to run around the room, it is not huge movements needed either. I'm thinking it is the people already made up their mind and think kinect sucks they overexaggerate the use of the device.[/QUOTE]

That's good to know. I had already told my wife that the Kinect might be the only thing that could make me buy a 360, but I was concerned about the space requirements.

Wombat tweeted the other day about the commercials showing it working in offices, gyms, and absurdly large living rooms, which is the perception that MS has allowed. That's all I meant with my comment.

[quote name='crunchewy']Kinect camera is sold out at amazon and ... I think it's target. I don't think Kinect is going to fail. In fact the early reports are that interest from consumers is very high and it's going to be the hot seller for xmas.[/QUOTE]

I won't believe it until I see high sales volume sustained past the first month or two. Even the ps3 sold out until it stopped and we all found out it only sold out due to supply issues and not demand.

[quote name='yourlefthand']That's good to know. I had already told my wife that the Kinect might be the only thing that could make me buy a 360, but I was concerned about the space requirements.

Wombat tweeted the other day about the commercials showing it working in offices, gyms, and absurdly large living rooms, which is the perception that MS has allowed. That's all I meant with my comment.[/QUOTE]

I think the only real issue i was just playing it wrong. I was running to the tv and i was thinking what dude, and i was thinking fail immediately, then realized i was being a dummy and overcompensating my movements. If you have a ton of furniture, that is where the issues may lie for people. :)

[quote name='joshnorm']So is anyone not getting the free shipping to work?[/QUOTE]

it seems the free shipping is only if you spend 100 dollars :cry:

but if you use the code added to this post- that will offset the shipping costs-i only got kinectimals le for the little one, and then other xmas stuff on clearance, so i got 10 off kinect LE, another 10 off. making my buy 46 dollars for the game and a cheap ds screen cover. that indluded shipping and tax. not bad i say, not bad.:cool:

[quote name='Maromi']Um, that only makes me hate it even more.[/QUOTE]

yeah, agreed. i dont know if that article really helps anyones point. i only care if it is fun, and i enjoy it, and lucky for me cost me nothing and i totally dig it and have had fun w/ it for a couple months now

[quote name='Ogami Itto']What? Are there sales numbers in there? NO, then shut the fuck up.[/QUOTE]

What idiot expect sales numbers if the Kinect is not available for purchase yet. You want me to travel to the future and give you numbers? :roll:

[quote name='Maromi']Um, that only makes me hate it even more.[/QUOTE]

Hate it because of this?

"This week, global market research firm Ipsos proclaimed Kinect the "big game winner" in the US during the holiday season, after a poll measuring market potential for Microsoft's system and Sony's own new motion controller, Move."

[quote name='MastrMeatWad']yeah, agreed. i dont know if that article really helps anyones point. [/QUOTE]

This is not enough for you?

"Given a new usage experience, one might expect some level of skepticism among respondents for Kinect," the firm said in a statement. "Surprisingly, though, Kinect excels on both uniqueness and believability versus other tech products in the Vantis database. PS Move is rather weak on both dimensions."

This comes from Ipsos who is the third leading research company in the world.

http://www.ipsos-na.com/about-ipsos/

Ipsos is a marketing research company. They measure perception and hype, not the product itself. Something you might of forgotten to mention when putting those quotes out there.

And I don't think they did a good job on their research, even there. Kinect may excel in uniqueness, but believability? Who doesn't believe that the technology works on PS Move? It certainly has been working for some time now for the Wii, but under a more limited constraint.

If you're going to tout Kinect as a success based off market research, make it research that actually pertains to the product. Random sampling by Ipsos don't state much. I work for a company that uses Ipsos scores, and half those surveyed don't even seem to understand what is being asked.

[quote name='Fearia']Ipsos is a marketing research company. They measure perception and hype, not the product itself. Something you might of forgotten to mention when putting those quotes out there.

And I don't think they did a good job on their research, even there. Kinect may excel in uniqueness, but believability? Who doesn't believe that the technology works on PS Move? It certainly has been working for some time now for the Wii, but under a more limited constraint.

If you're going to tout Kinect as a success based off market research, make it research that actually pertains to the product. Random sampling by Ipsos don't state much. I work for a company that uses Ipsos scores, and half those surveyed don't even seem to understand what is being asked.[/QUOTE]

I AGREE 1000% :applause:

bread's done
Back