King Kong - Gen. Discussion & Info

doubledown

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Ok, I rented King Kong today....and I was playing through a bit of it and I got to the sacrifice part (maybe a litle before) and the sound goes all echoes. IT was abnormally loud and I could not understand ANYTHING. I had to shut off the game it was SO bad. I restarted and it was fixed for a bit, but then it was out of whack again.

Has anyone else had this problem? I wonder if it was a bad disc...if so, hopefully blockbuster will give me a free rental (since they only have 1 copy anyways)

[quote name='doubledown']Ok, I rented King Kong today....and I was playing through a bit of it and I got to the sacrifice part (maybe a litle before) and the sound goes all echoes. IT was abnormally loud and I could not understand ANYTHING. I had to shut off the game it was SO bad. I restarted and it was fixed for a bit, but then it was out of whack again.

Has anyone else had this problem? I wonder if it was a bad disc...if so, hopefully blockbuster will give me a free rental (since they only have 1 copy anyways)[/QUOTE]

I had this problem when I unlocked Deep Blue in Kameo; it was only a momentary glitch though, and when the next scene loaded the sound went back to normal. Note I had played through around 4.5 hours of Kameo and this only happened once.

I guess it must be a bad disc...no one else seems to have reported this issue. It's pretty bad too. This is not momentary....it lasts until I shut down.

I guess it was just a glitch. My 360 has been great....no issues with overheating. Iactually played King Kong for about 2 more hours today. I know people say it's short, but I'm only 35% done....but I have to return it soon. IT's a great game....but a bit repetitive.

Wow, how did that get out the door?

I think they really need to tighten up their quality control before releasing anything to Live.

[quote name='ryanbph']besides quality testing, why release that demo[/QUOTE]

Why not? I think it's a good idea to release demos for as many games (currently out & upcoming) as possible. I'd like to try as many games as possible for free.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']Is King Kong really a system seller though? Why not COD2,DOA4,etc?[/QUOTE]

Why would it matter if it is a system seller? If you are downloading the demo from the Marketplace, you already have a system.

[quote name='shipwreck']Why would it matter if it is a system seller? If you are downloading the demo from the Marketplace, you already have a system.[/QUOTE]

True, but someone comes over to my house and sees King Kong vs some other game they would be less impressed then If I was playing COD2 or whatever.Good example,at my local bestbuy they have demos of gutair hero and a xbox 360 kisok that ALWAYS is playing COD2, those are games that spark intrest and are never left unplayed. But at this point I'm heading off topic. MS needs to tighten up the updates system wise and demo wise as it keeps poping up that this is broke or this crashed that that. Might turn people off.

Wow, lets knock a game before even playing it. While short, the game is very enjoyable and obviously adds alot of acheivement points if you go nuts for those. King Kong 360 is far more impressive then any of the sports games released on 360.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']Is King Kong really a system seller though? Why not COD2,DOA4,etc?[/QUOTE]

CoD 2 had a 77% attach rate on launch day and to date is the most sold 360 game IIRC. Meaning the majority of 360 owners have it already, though a DoA 4 demo would've been nice. Honestly though I'd love to see more demos of upcomiung releases (still crossing my fingers for a Top Spin 2 demo...).

Has anyone PLAYED the demo? It looks like a demo of the XBox version, not a 360 version.. it looks radically different from the demo on the kiosks and from the game I rented.. it looks really bad

[quote name='Michaellvortega']Did any one really want to play it in the first place?[/QUOTE]

King Kong is a good game. It's length is it's only short-coming, in my opinion.

[quote name='Scorch']Has anyone PLAYED the demo? It looks like a demo of the XBox version, not a 360 version.. it looks radically different from the demo on the kiosks and from the game I rented.. it looks really bad[/QUOTE]

There's no rain in the Marketplace demo -- there is in the kiosk version, though... I can't comment on the graphics, though, as I haven't downloaded it.

I think the rain only applied to the human portion. I'm referring to the "Kong vs. Dinosaur" battle.. it just seemed like everything was less polished, the fur didn't stand out as much as it did on the kiosk, noticible slowdown, everything just seemed a bit off, like it was a demo from an unfinished version.. is that even possible? The kiosk version looked so much better.. it's weird. It looks so unpolished.

And you can't even finish the demo like others have said, the guys literally just stand there.. the demo can't advance.

Wow...If you want a laugh, download the demo. Not only does it barley work, you can't do much of anything as you're AI just stands there. To V-Rex, nothing. Looks like they put a VERY early PS2 demo up

beat the game on xbox, fun game but it has no replay value and its super short! beat the whole game in one day, took about 5hours.

Anyone know for sure whether or not this is the same as the OXM demo from 2 months ago? It sounds like it is. I got stuck in the demo, thought it was just me, didn't realize something was supposed to be triggering that wasn't. As to the game, I will probably eventually rent it and play through it, but only NBA Live 06, and maybe Tiger Woods, is further down my interest list. As much as I like Michael Ancel, I just really haven't seen anything to like about this game. But, as I said, I will eventually rent it. I just hope I'm wrong about it. And, for the record, other than NBA Live 06, THAW is the worst 360 game, IMO. The classic portion of the game is about 100,000 times better than the main game, and there's only 6 levels of it. That's how bad the main game is...

I enjoyed the game....I rented it. I wouldn't buy it though.

Too bad I cannot Download anything until MS figures out how to fix my LIVE problem ;)

[quote name='TC']Demo problems or not. I'll pick this game up once it drops to $20. It looks kind of fun.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I played the OXM demo, and I'm fine with this game and Gun being on my wait list for the 360. I would expect both to be in the first "platinum hits" series at some point.

[quote name='shipwreck']Why would it matter if it is a system seller? If you are downloading the demo from the Marketplace, you already have a system.[/QUOTE]

haha...good 1

I just downloaded the demo today. I was confuse about the whole door thing. I thought that's all demo kill 2 dino, but then I read this.
Poor demo

HOW THE fuck DO YOU CLIMB THAT fucking BUILDING??

I try going for the edge and nothing. I try climbing the side and he can't seem to get 10 feet off the ground. All the while those military fucks are shooting at me, even though they have direct order not to :bomb: :bomb:

EDIT: nevermind, I finally figured it out :)

Anyone know if the king kong hd that comes with the 360 hd add on is with the extra scenes of the newer dvd version thas out? Also are there any good sites for reviews and comparisons of hd movies?

[quote name='pdiscool']Anyone know if the king kong hd that comes with the 360 hd add on is with the extra scenes of the newer dvd version thas out? Also are there any good sites for reviews and comparisons of hd movies?[/QUOTE]

No. It's not the extended version.

Also, the HD-DVD player general discussion thread is your friend.

I finally got around to playing this yesterday and made it about 75% through the game but I am now stuck on one of the ending jungle levels called "Free". In this level you just need to follow Anne through a short tunnel to a ledge and then you jump down into the water get on the raft and follow it down to the end of the river. The problem I am having is Anne will never jump off the ledge she just stands there, I have tried everything to get her to jump off but with no luck. I have read through all the guides posted on the net and cant seem to find the answer.

Do you have a save from the next to last checkpoint prior to that area? I'm guessing you've already tried reloading the last checkpoint, so I thought playing through from the previous checkpoint before that might help. I have read as well that there were some odd AI pathfinding/trigger events in the game when I was playing through it and nearly got stuck at a different point.

Perhaps, shoot the bitch?

(BTW, I won't be able to play our CAGHL game this weekend...I'll PM you Sunday night or Monday morning about it...thanks.)

I ask this question for one reason

Many people on video game podcasts and posters on message boards seem to hate this game or call it out for having an easy 1000 Achievement points and treat it as if it is one of the most vile pieces of software on the planet.

Let me take you back to the not so distant past of the year 2005, King Kong was a First person shooter based on Peter Jacksons film of the same name. The game was developed by Ubisoft with a large amount of input from Jackson him self and recieved very good review scores earning a solid 80% from game reviewers(based on Gamerankings.com http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/926982.asp?q=king Kong)

My question to you all is this. Did you play King Kong? Did you like it? Did you play it just for Achievements? Did you hate it?

I played the game back at the launch of the 360 and found it to be a really fun and cinematic experience, back then Achievements had not become yet what they are today and I did not really care about an easy 1000(and I still don't)I am also quite a big fan of Petter Jackson's film as well, but I believe the Game stands alone as a great gaming experience even without having to have seen the film.

Agree/Disagree? Let me know, this is a Roll Call

No poll? I played the game when I was in an achievement contest at 360voice and I hated the game. The whole game is killing dinosaurs and lighting grass on fire.

Well, it all goes back to when the 360 came out. I didn't have enough money to actually buy a 360, so instead I fought my way to Demo Console at Wal-mart and King Kong was the first game I played. I loved it, the enviroments were just astounding and the gameplay felt awesome. I then also played some of it over at friends house who did have it, I still loved it.

However, then a few years later, I actually got King Kong from another CAG here and I popped it in. Now in these few years I played many great next-gen games. King Kong simply failed. It was no good. The graphics sucked too.

Ultimately, I think this was a good launch title, however after playing Bioshock, COD4, Mass Effect, R6V and so on, the game was just simply no good both in Graphics and in gameplay.

[quote name='Bioshocked360']No poll? I played the game when I was in an achievement contest at 360voice and I hated the game. The whole game is killing dinosaurs and lighting grass on fire.[/quote]

A poll is actually a great idea, anyway I can edit one in?

[quote name='JDUB X']Did you play King Kong? Did you like it? Did you play it just for Achievements? Did you hate it?[/quote]

Yes. No. Yes. Yes.

Btw, you have "Did you like it?" and "Did you hate it?".

Got it as a gift at launch. It was all right. I thought the playthrough I got out of it was pretty good, but i'm glad I wasnt the one paying $60 for it. As Darthbudge said, a solid launch title, but I don't think it stood the test of time very well.

I got my 360 a few months after release and didn't play this game for long.....i actually got stuck in this one part....not sure if it was a glitch or if i just didn't know where to go anymore. I got tired of the game and moved on. I liked the graphics, but they weren't that amazing. I guess it didn't help that at the time i didn't have an HD tv yet.
So I guess you can put me down for a "did not like it"
May someday go back for the rest of the 900 points with my name on it.

I picked it up back during some contest for increasing gamerscore was going on and ended up enjoying my playthrough. Its a decent rental at best, as it doesn't take long to beat and once you've beaten it there's not really anything to add replayability.

bread's done
Back