King of Fighters XII PS3 $23.37 Amazon

[quote name='Animefalcon']Not the greatest fighter in the world[/QUOTE]

Yup.....
Still for as bad as this game is it is retaining it's value better then most games which is odd so technically this is a decent deal, I been waiting for less the $20 and it still hasn't happened.

There are a few games that I will buy, even knowing how crappy they probably are. I bought this and Samurai Shodown Sen for the 360, although I waited until I could pay under $20 for each. If Marvel vs. Capcom 3 turns out to be a huge mess, I'll still buy it at some point.

I think XII is kind of fun to play, at least locally. There probably are very few online players at this point, anyway. It is a huge letdown as far as variety and longevity. Hopefully XIII will be a lucky number for the series, and will realize the potential that we hoped we'd see with XII.

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']Yup.....
Still for as bad as this game is it is retaining it's value better then most games which is odd so technically this is a decent deal, I been waiting for less the $20 and it still hasn't happened.[/QUOTE]

I am pretty sure this was sub $20 when I picked it up last year at gamefly, not sure if you are counting used though. It is not really a horrible game, but it is definitely lacking. I have told people before that I feel like this is a demo for XIII disguised as a full release for Snk to make some money for finally updating their sprites. In any case I suggest people wait for XIII it looks fully fleshed out.

I got this "used" at gamefly for $12.
It was essentially new but the shrink wrapped removed.

I still wish I hadn't bought it :p

I made the same mistake as Gersson and bought it from Gamefly. I would have rather sent that $12 to Chu for it to buy more creepy doll clothes than buy that game.

Way too many better options. Just buy either Super Street Fighter 4 or Blazblue Continuum Shift when it's out at the end of the month. Or, if you really want a King of Fighters game, XIII is in development now, and will supposedly fix XII's problems.

[quote name='nnickers']Way too many better options. Just buy either Super Street Fighter 4 or Blazblue Continuum Shift when it's out at the end of the month. Or, if you really want a King of Fighters game, XIII is in development now, and will supposedly fix XII's problems.[/QUOTE]

I recommend folks do this.

Street Fighter 4 is worthless. Hyper Fighter, HDR, and SFIII via (flawed) emulation are much better choices. Likewise KOF Ultimate Match 98 is a good sub for KOF XII (which really isn't that bad besides everything feeling so bare bones).

I don't understand why there is SO MUCH hate for this game. It had a solid fighting engine, the balance was good, and the graphics were well done. As someone who is still kind of new to KOF this was actually a nice reboot of the franchise to pick up and learn from.
Just because there isn't 10 game modes, 50+ Characters, unlocks galore, ect (oh and usable netcode) does not make this a bad FIGHTING GAME.
The Fighting in this game is really good. Its well worth around 20 bucks

The game is a beta test for KOFXIII and nothing more. The netcode is horrible and why it is pretty much dead. The story mode is a 5 part time attack which was a huge blow in the balls for people who were looking forward to the next part of the ASH saga. Also main staple fighters are left out (I don't think I need to mention who they are as its beating a dead horse at this point).

XIII on the other hand, actually puts back in most if not all key favorites, a good possibility that online will work this time due to snk handling it themselves apparently, and the conclusion (i assume) to the ASH saga. Definitely worth the 60 dollar day 1 purchase for me.

As a major fan of KOF since the early 90s, I cannot recommend the low quality build of XII any more than 10 dollars used (which I am sure it will hit soon enough).

[quote name='Mishimaryu']graphics are meh compared to other 2d fighters.....also no DLC[/QUOTE]
I'd rather have no DLC than $40+ worth of alternate costumes. This is still not cheap enough though. I'm waiting for it to go below $20.

XII was fun but it had some major flaws
- Me and my friend played in the same house, online, against each other and it had some REALLY bad lag. Theres no execuse for that, and I'm not sure if they patched it.
- Roster was very very small.
- Lack of final boss in the single player, and story non-existant.
- Lots of missing moves, specials, etc.

XIII looks to improve upon every single facet of the game. Honestly I'd just wait to see how XIII plays out.

Still a little too high after watching it flop as badly as it did. I'd highly recommend Ultimate Match 98 over this.

Also. No Mai, No Buy.

I personally would recommend this.
o.gif

yeah KoF 98' UM is possibly the best KoF game out (in the US) to date. I am also very fond of XI. Now if they would release KoF 2002 Unlimited Match to NA territories....

bread's done
Back