King of Fighters XII PS3 $39.99 @Amazon.com

worth about $20 (was cheaper than this from gamefly), no more than this, the online is about dead. Plus no DLC for new characters at all

[quote name='gunm']Hate all you want, this is cheapest I've seen it new for no tax, free shipping.[/QUOTE]

Super is right around the corner, your better off investing $40 on it. Here's something to look at if your that die-hard

kof13-select.jpg

[quote name='mechachrome']What's holding up this game from getting a big price drop? It can't be selling well.

When it hits $20 I'm in.[/QUOTE]

SNK is stubborn as all hell.

I'm surprised it wasn't a part of Gamedays, to be honest. Gamestop must not have invested heavily in the title.

The reason there was no price drop is because Ignition only did ONE print run of this game in the US. That print run sold out and what's left on the shelves is all that's left of this game.

[quote name='tyrok3k']They should have dropped the price to $20 immediately after KoFXIII was announced.[/QUOTE]

This. Paid $20 for it at Gamefly, played it for 10 min., then traded it in to Amazon. Pretty big let-down for the series, especially when compared to BlazBlue, TEKKEN 6, and SF IV.

I almost bought it for $20 at gamefly but knew it is worth less than that. thanx for reminding me of the other king of fighters. bout to rock some old school fighters now. CvS 2 will always be number 1 though.

[quote name='CaoPi']Super is right around the corner, your better off investing $40 on it. Here's something to look at if your that die-hard

kof13-select.jpg
[/QUOTE]

This man is right! Just wait for the new one and 40 bucks for 12 is too much. With a shitty netcode (and nobody even plays this online from what I heard), lack of single player, and well, pretty much lack of everything, this is easily worth 10 bucks. But better off waiting for the new one, I'm sure it'll hit later this year. SNKP is desperate for money at this moment because of their failure with 12.

Nobody plays it online because it was practically unplayable online, ran like a slide show. By all means pass on this one and hell wait for reviews on 13 before buying that too.

[quote name='coolsteel']Nobody plays it online because it was practically unplayable online, ran like a slide show. By all means pass on this one and hell wait for reviews on 13 before buying that too.[/QUOTE]

I beg to differ. After the patch it plays fine. Me and several people play it and get really good matches. Yes it is bare boned and really lacks in some things. I don't feel its worth 40 now. You might as well wait on the next installment.

i bought this game for xbox360 when newegg had this title on sale for 22 shipped.... played for 15 min and process trade-in w/ amazon right away... just flat out terrible game

[quote name='Sway42']
devby1.jpg

Hay guise![/QUOTE]

Wow -- 2012 is a ways off but that is awesome news :) I still don't have a 360 or a PS3 (terrible since I already have 10 360 games) ... I love the vs. series. It'll also be really cool to see all the Capcom characters re-drawn in high-res.

Just read elsewhere that the CvS3 is a April Fools joke (sadly enough) when I was looking for solid news on it just thought I'd tell people before they get their hopes up to high.

[quote name='uncle5555']Just read elsewhere that the CvS3 is a April Fools joke (sadly enough) when I was looking for solid news on it just thought I'd tell people before they get their hopes up to high.[/QUOTE]

NoFunAllowed.jpg

[quote name='Sway42']...[/QUOTE]

You can have your fun, but you shoulda done it yesterday, when it was appropriate.

Now, it's just being mean to people (me included) looking forward to a new version of a game they really would like to see happen. Shoulda thought about it before you decided to get people's hope up just for a pull nice zinger and a fast one. :roll:

Edit: And lastly in this day and age, did you think someone WOULDN'T find out about it pretty fast....I mean come on.

when i saw the cvs3 thing i fucking busted a nut everywhere screaming OMG OMG OMG

then i read a few posts down and see it was a fucking joke?! R U fuckING KIDDING ME?!?!?!?

ARHGHGHGHGHHGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fuck U!!

..good joke, to the a hole who made this..fuck man got me!

Oh well -- at least we have KOF13 to look fwd to. Hope that game is solid. May be that will spur Capcom and SNK to make a 3rd iteration.

this thread is about how horrible KOF 12 is and how much it's worth really! I bet there are only boosters the last time I played some random guy came in and just stood in the corner and let me win -_-. Trophies whore

Also the BGM on here is seriously lacking

There are good things about KOF 12. The 2D visuals are outstanding, the gameplay is rock solid. But man...do I feel ripped off for paying full price for it. The game wasn't done. It was like going to dinner at a fancy place and they serve me steak. The steak is grade A, one of the best of the best steaks in the world, but they serve it to me raw.

Oh man, I paid $60 for KoF XII on day one. I think I was just so excited that a new version was finally coming out that I didn't really do my research on the quality of the game. Ooops! Hopefully KoF XIII turns out for the better.

bread's done
Back