KING OF POP Michael Jackson's This Is It Blu-ray/DVD deals

SuperJedi

CAGiversary!
[youtube]jihKtiG7B4U[/youtube]
[youtube]cyrkcz7msfY[/youtube]

Blockbuster give away a few things - photos, collector's card, what else...? But, I think they will cost Full price.

Actually, it's $29.99
Amazon has it for $23.99
Target has it for $24.99

Best Buy -$29.99

There will also be three different Best Buy exclusives for the Blu-ray version of the film. Each will include a 3D backstage pass replica showcasing different artwork. Version #1 is This Is It - Smooth Criminal, Version #2 is This Is It - Pointing and Version #3 is Michael Jackson.

Last edited by a moderator:
Target has Blu-ray exclusive with DVD combo for the same price as $29.99 but wait for the sale price.

Best Buy has 3 versions with different lenticular backstage card on each version for $29.99.

Walmart.com has the lowest price for $23.86. You may pm to Best Buy.

is that TRU going to be a print ad? don't forget too about the $5 you'll get back on your pre-order at BB from the SteelBook..but PMing will definitely help :)

Got this from another thread but apparently if you rent any of the movies below from REDBOX you can get a coupon for "This Is It"

"...got this e-mail from redbox...

Get $2 off the DVD or $3 off the Blu-ray purchase of Michael Jackson's "This Is It" when you rent this or any of the Sony titles shown below.

Own one of the most anticipated concerts of all time. Rent any of the Sony titles shown below from 1/20/10-2/09/10 and receive a coupon for dollars off the purchase of the DVD or Blu-ray of Michael Jackson's This Is It.

Titles Include: Cloudy.., Halloween 2, Moon, Julie & Julia, District 9

I assume this coupon would just be sent to your registered email address after rental and or return.."

Best Buy Bonus Disc is the 60-minutes unseen footage, since Best Buy Canada exclusive are exactly the same. In this case, I'm getting the all 3 Best Buy exclusive verions for $22.99 after pming.

so, $30 is a bit steep for this thing at BB..anyone know how long your pre-order $5 stays valid? Like could I go in a month and still pick it up w/ my receipt if it goes on-sale? I don't pre-order too much at BB so I don't know all the rules..

Unfortunately, Toys R Us don't have the AD in print!

Anyone have that TRU ad in a HQ scan? Maybe I can print it off and try my luck PM at Best Buy?

Toys 'R Us has the ultra special limited edition of this. To get it you have to drag a 10 yr old child to the back isle and do your "best" or perhaps "worst" M.J. impression on said child. You will then recieve the extremely rare limited collectors ediotion complete with 5-15yr stay at the state run "hotel" of you local courts choosing.

[quote name='Spyder187']Toys 'R Us has the ultra special limited edition of this. To get it you have to drag a 10 yr old child to the back isle and do your "best" or perhaps "worst" M.J. impression on said child. You will then recieve the extremely rare limited collectors ediotion complete with 5-15yr stay at the state run "hotel" of you local courts choosing.[/QUOTE]

:roll:

It wasn't even a funny Jackson's a pedophile joke.

Went ahead and canceled my Amazon pre-order and just ordered from BB.com as you can select which BD lenticular exclusive you want, as well as get a free steelbook with the BD (not to mention the bonus BD disc Best Buy exclusive). I'll just take my receipt from my previous pre-order back to BB and get a refund.

[quote name='Rocko']For clarification, all of this extra shit is just on BRs, right? There's only one DVD release?[/QUOTE]

I think Walmart has an exclusive DVD version with an extra disc.

Is the digital copy exclusive to BBY also? I was reading the sticker on the box and it was talking about how you had to DL it to your PSP thru your PS3. Dunno if that was the *only* way, but its a Sony movie so no iTunes support AFIK.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Best Buy Bonus Disc is the 60-minutes unseen footage, since Best Buy Canada exclusive are exactly the same. In this case, I'm getting the all 3 Best Buy exclusive verions for $22.99 after pming.[/QUOTE]

I've seen personally that BB will NOT pricematch anyone if they are offering some kind of exclusive.

So the BB bonus disc is the same as the Walmart bonus disc?

[quote name='Taco5']I've seen personally that BB will NOT pricematch anyone if they are offering some kind of exclusive.

that's pretty much ymmv - I've had them price match with BB exclusives quite often - it all depends on who is checking you out... unfortunately, in this case if you preordered to get the exclusive steelbook, you'll have to check out at customer service anyway...

[quote name='Taco5']I've seen personally that BB will NOT pricematch anyone if they are offering some kind of exclusive.

So the BB bonus disc is the same as the Walmart bonus disc?[/QUOTE]

Look, I'd pmed BB exclusive before. So it YMMV! My BB don't care if is exclusive or not and its still the same item.

Yes BB bonus disc is the same as WM bonus disc.

So the BB bonus disc is the same as the Walmart bonus disc?[/QUOTE]

I've been thinking that myself. I'll still try the TRU ad though. If I get a no, than that's that.

EDIT:
I just got back from TRU. Does anyone know if BB accepts online ads, because that's what the TRU ad is.

Yes everything that has a price on it ranging from Newspaper to Cellphone. Last time I used my Japanese DSi (before the DSi released) to show the picture of the online AD and it worked!

[quote name='Spyder187']Toys 'R Us has the ultra special limited edition of this. To get it you have to drag a 10 yr old child to the back isle and do your "best" or perhaps "worst" M.J. impression on said child. You will then recieve the extremely rare limited collectors ediotion complete with 5-15yr stay at the state run "hotel" of you local courts choosing.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know Jay Leno posted on CAG.

You should follow up that gem with a Firestone tires joke and maybe work in Oj Simpson somehow.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Look, I'd pmed BB exclusive before. So it YMMV! My BB don't care if is exclusive or not and its still the same item.
[/QUOTE]

All I was saying is that I have personally been turned away with an ad that was cheaper because BB's version was an exclusive. You want the exclusive then you have to pay that particular price to get the exclusive. This coming from management after cashier was afraid to do the actual pm. The 3 BB's I frequent have to get manager approval to do a pm. Maybe where you are they (cashiers) have the authority to do overrides. Where I go they don't and the managers look over the ad before allowing it. Didn't think I'd get flamed for the statement I made previously but being new to this forum I guess this was my initiation. :whistle2:#

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Look, I'd pmed BB exclusive before. So it YMMV! My BB don't care if is exclusive or not and its still the same item.

Yes BB bonus disc is the same as WM bonus disc.[/QUOTE]

So Walmart has the digital copy like Best Buy does?

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Looks like Best Buy Exclusive has Digital Copy included in Bonus Disc. :D

http://i856.photobucket.com/albums/ab127/jpaserman/IMG00044-20100126-0100.jpg?t=1264485785

Credit to jpaserman from Blu-ray.com[/QUOTE]

really? I mean really??

[quote name='fuss']Is the digital copy exclusive to BBY also? I was reading the sticker on the box and it was talking about how you had to DL it to your PSP thru your PS3. Dunno if that was the *only* way, but its a Sony movie so no iTunes support AFIK.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='fuss']So Walmart has the digital copy like Best Buy does?[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:k

Yep, just PMed TRU at BB ... picked up the #1 and #2 exclusive inserts ... oddly, they didn't have #3. Anyone know if that's the 'rare' one or did I just not see it at my store? Don't really care ... 2 is enough, plus I'll probably end up selling one since the content is the same. I'm thinking ... keep the Smooth Criminal one .. what do you guys think?

Damn manager at local BB won't let me PM, I bought it, will try to Price match again with different manager later this week!

BTW, anyone got the DVD at Wal-mart says it has 1 hour of extra exclusive footage? That's really the case?

[quote name='SakBee']Smooth Criminal I think is the best one of the bunch.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Version 1, with the pointing finger is just too overplayed in my opinion. It's a cool picture and all but I've seen it way too often. Version 3 just seemed like a random pic to me. They should've just kept it at 2 versions IMO.

Ended up getting Version 2 myself.

[quote name='SuperJedi']Damn manager at local BB won't let me PM, I bought it, will try to Price match again with different manager later this week![/QUOTE]

Same here with the TRU ad!

Can anyone confirm that the bonus disc from BB and from WM have the same content?

[quote name='Taco5']Same here with the TRU ad!

Can anyone confirm that the bonus disc from BB and from WM have the same content?[/QUOTE]

According to another forum, they are different.

BestBuy bluray disc 2:

- Dancing Machine - Choreography (15 min)
- PSP Digital Copy

Walmart DVD version disc 2:

4 Featurettes (15 min each):
- "Meet the Dancers"
- "Meet the Band"
- "Meet the Vocalists"
- "The Unfinished Rehearsals"

Note the walmart bluray does not have a bonus disc, just the DVD version.

So the BB bonus disc is a Blu-ray disc and will only play in a BD player, correct? Sorry if this sounds stupid. Been under a rock and actually new to BD!

In order to posses all the features on disc, you must purchase the Wal-mart 2-disc DVD and Best Buy's 2-disc Blu-ray set. I'm not even sure it's worth it.

well I was able to PM the TRU ad but sadly the cashier had a copy up front and it was the single disc edition and not the 2 disc one. I guess I'll go back tomorrow and exchange it since I didn't open it up. Also got an email from redbox about the coupon and they said it will take 5-7 days before I got it.

Chamon Chamon :D

THISISIT1.jpg

Each Lenticular Card are apparently limited to 5,000 and widely/randomly distributed across Bestbuy

[quote name='etcrane']Yep, just PMed TRU at BB ... picked up the #1 and #2 exclusive inserts ... oddly, they didn't have #3. Anyone know if that's the 'rare' one or did I just not see it at my store? Don't really care ... 2 is enough, plus I'll probably end up selling one since the content is the same. I'm thinking ... keep the Smooth Criminal one .. what do you guys think?[/QUOTE]

I don't know if anyone's seen but on the main product page for the amazon this is it blu-ray they offer 5 dollars off an additional Sony blu-ray title. They list the additional films under titles of michael jackson's songs names.

[quote name='xage']Chamon Chamon :D

THISISIT1.jpg

Each Lenticular Card are apparently limited to 5,000 and widely/randomly distributed across Bestbuy[/QUOTE]

Where did the 3d glasses come from and where would you used them?

bread's done
Back