King of the Hill viewers are now a political demographic

I actually like King of the Hill. It's not always the best, but it's better than the Simpsons is now.

[quote name='KingSpike']I actually like King of the Hill. It's not always the best, but it's better than the Simpsons is now.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree.

They turned off a bunch of democrats when they made Hank and Peggy republican.

King of the Hill is currently the funniest cartoon on television (for me). I'm a big fan of "realism" films, and I was shocked to see that there was actually a realist cartoon in existance.

[quote name='Tiphireth']I completely agree.

They turned off a bunch of democrats when they made Hank and Peggy republican.[/QUOTE]

Hank and especially Peggy are two of the most hateable characters ever. But if dems don't like them because they're republicans then they're too stupid to get the jokes anyway.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Hank and especially Peggy are two of the most hateable characters ever. But if dems don't like them because they're republicans then they're too stupid to get the jokes anyway.[/QUOTE]

I do hate Peggy with a passion. I hate her as much as I detest Bobby.

[quote name='Tiphireth']I do hate Peggy with a passion. I hate her as much as I detest Bobby.[/QUOTE]

Shit, Bobby is the only remotely tolerable character on the whole fucking show. :lol:

King of the Hill actually has 2 demographic groups as viewers: Intelligent people who understand that the show is making fun of Republicans and Texas in particular, and stupid people who think its a serious show. Judging by this comment in the article:
Easley attributes the show's popularity to a lack of what he calls political snobbery. "This is the first show about Southerners since Andy Griffith that didn't make fun of the South," he said.
I think we can safely decide with some confidence which demographic that Easley fits into.

Seriously, just look at the characters in Kind of the Hill:

Hank: A staunch Bush supporter, Hank is constantly misunderstanding just about everything that goes on around him because he's stuck in a fantasy-land of 'traditional American values.' Every other episode has Hank spend the first half failing to notice a problem until it smacks him in the face.
Peggy: A smarmy know-it-all who's a complete idiot.
Bobby: Also an idiot, Bobby wants to be an actor/comedian, which horrifies his father. Bobby regularly gets into 'liberal'-type situation, which cause Hank to freak out.
Luanne - a blond idiot
Dale - a paranoid idiot
Bill - a bald idiot
Boomhauer - unable to say anything even remotely comprehensible. May or may not be an idiot

Given the above cast like, how can you possibly say the show doesn't make fun of southern people (other than the fact that its more making fun of Texans than southern people...)?

bread's done
Back