Kingdom harts chain of memories

im getting it tomorrow for 20 bucks at best buy after GGC for channukah... i think thats when people get them in stock

[quote name='Scorch']Saw it tonight at TRU and was tempted because the box is shiny :([/quote]

i know... the box looks really cool, i cant friggen wait

i wish i had it now :?

I know I said I was going to hold off on this, but there are like 10 GBA games I'd like, I haven't bought a GBA game in months, and I have about 4 GGC left that I want to use before they expire, so I my just end up getting this sooner then expected. Hopefully some reviews will be up soon. It's probably either this, Astro Boy, Metal Slug, or Final Fantasy dawn of Souls.

I'm gonna run to BB first thing after my morning class tomorrow to pick up a 2 copies. One for my and one for me bro. Now I'm even more excited since you guys said the box is shiny. Woo hoo! :D

do you guys know if the game will be available first thing in the morning at BB? or late in the afternoon?

thanks

[quote name='Trakan']They should be there when the store opens. I'm picking mine up tomorrow as well.[/quote]

thanks for your prompt reply :p

[quote name='chwang0129'][quote name='Trakan']They should be there when the store opens. I'm picking mine up tomorrow as well.[/quote]

thanks for your prompt reply :p[/quote]

Yeah. Well, I can't speak for all stores, but mine is usually pretty good about it.

Actually there are a bunch...i'm too lazy to do it but if you go to gamerankings.com you can read EGM reviews and another 1up mag's reviews...got like 7.5s and 7.0s in EGM (i dunno if i'll get it then).

[quote name='basketkase543']Hey Traken, sorry to get off topic, how does Goku's hat stay on with his hair that way?[/quote]

:rofl: Everyone spells my name wrong. :cry: I don't know, you'd have to ask sblymnl. He made it.

[quote name='basketkase543']Hey Traken, sorry to get off topic, how does Goku's hat stay on with his hair that way?[/quote]

How can it not stay on with all of that industrial strength mousse? A better question would be how he keeps random objects from becoming attached and forming variations on a Carmen Miranda headdress.

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='basketkase543']Hey Traken, sorry to get off topic, how does Goku's hat stay on with his hair that way?[/quote]

:rofl: Everyone spells my name wrong. :cry: I don't know, you'd have to ask sblymnl. He made it.[/quote]

Heh heh, sorry :D

I collapsed. It's fun. It's odd. You move around in battles and you have attack cards, that you can recharge. You actually DO hit A to attack, I thought it was going to be like.. throw an attack card down or something, like a card game, but it's not. Good stuff.

[quote name='basketkase543']Aw man, those reviews don't look very promising. I wonder what went wrong (i.e. I'm too lazy to look).[/quote]

Same here, I'm waiting for gamespot to put their review up, I trust them a lot more then the other reviewers. I may go with DKC 2 instead.

It got a 36 (out of 40) from the Famitsu. That's a really good score if you are familiar with the magazine.

[quote name='Parathod']It got a 36 (out of 40) from the Famitsu. That's a really good score if you are familiar with the magazine.[/quote]

Wow, thats the equivalent of getting a 9.0. Pretty different from what its getting here.

Should I buy this if I played and enjoyed the first Kingdom Hearts? Ive seen screenshots, and it looks like you go through some of the areas from the last game because Ive seen Jack from the Nightmare Before Christmas.

I spent too much money this month, over 100 dollars. Kingdom Hearts I'm getting along with Metroid Prime 2 in like February. But the reviews kind of lowered my excitement. But you guys say its great so why not?

The reviews couldn't be any more wrong about this game, for anyone that reads and trusts these reviews, just know you are missing out on a really great game.

Eh, I went with DKC2 instead, plus I found a copy of Advance wars 2 and a 1 cent tony hawk cd sampler. I figure Kingdom Hearts will go on sale soon again, plus I like playing platformers more then rpg's on my GBA. Everyone's opinions here though made the decision tough, it seems like most of you guys really like kingdom hearts.

Just started playing it. I was skeptical when I heard there were going to be battles using cards, but the system is actually pretty neat. It's actually not frustrating now to use a heal item during battle, much quicker than having to go through menus like in PS2 game. In the first level but the battles seem to be a lot easier...although the level is swarming with enemies.

Comment about the likeness that the gba game shares with ps2. I saw a kid looking at his copy of the guide and it looks like all the levels are just repeats of the levels in the PS2 version.

I think this is a must play. This game looks and plays great; it's not a watered down gba version.

(7.7)Gamespot link:
http://www.gamespot.com/gba/rpg/kingdomheartschainofmemories/review.html

I started today, and I love this game. While the fighting sounds a lot different from the PS2 game, it actually is pretty similar (button mashing will get you pretty far). The cinematics are also amazing.

Ive played KH for an hour or two now.

Got to say, if youre getting it for a measly $20 ..This could be the best graphics, sounds, and fun gameplay you can get for that money.

I got mine for $30 on a prepaid order (Trade in) at eb, but I have to say, i wasnt dissapointed at all.

The first thing thats awesome is that Square implemented a cinematic into the game. A bloody cinematic. Probably the first guys to do that..WIth some mentions of possible other cut scenes later on in the game.

The game implements a new combat system that still feels like KH for the ps2, but adds some twists with the card system. Theres some really cool things you can do with the deck implementation..But seriously, it adds a whole new tangent of strategy after a while.

Ive only played 2 hours, but up till now, I can say its real good. The environments are familiar, the sound is bloody great and the tracks from the stages from the original games are remixed in a faithful fashion. And the sprite graphics are some of the best ive seen on the system.

Highly reccomend it..its an excellent buy.

I never beat the first one. I wanted to throw up after playing in the whale... Freaking, why do I have such a weak head with games like these and FPS!?! :oops:

I only played KH once, and that was when it first came out.

so when I played this, the Traverse Town music was all reminiscent and stuff

pretty cool.

but anyway, this game is hella confusing... I havent really made it past the first save point

but like... is it like depending on which key and how much value you use to open a door

u can get into different rooms and stuff??? too weird

bread's done
Back