Kingdom Hearts 3 Announced at E3

I'll be grabbing a PS4 when this comes out.  I'm guessing holiday season 2014

Final Fantasy 15 looks good too

I lost my shit as soon as I saw 'Disney' come up. I'm excited, PS4 is a day one purchase for me.
I almost did, but then thought to myself that "no, it's probably for that 1.5 HD Collection".

I'm glad it was announced, but given what little they showed, it seems like they started working on this a few weeks ago... a shot of Sora picking up a keyblade on the beach at Destiny Island and him running around/jumping on some enemy (with Donald and Goofy in the team, but not visible at all). I'm guessing we won't see this for another decade.

Hopefully they're actually focusing on KH3. I'm sick of side-quels.

Last edited by a moderator:
I lost my shit as soon as I saw 'Disney' come up. I'm excited, PS4 is a day one purchase for me.
I almost did, but then thought to myself that "no, it's probably for that 1.5 HD Collection".

I'm glad it was announced, but given what little they showed, it seems like they started working on this a few weeks ago... a shot of Sora picking up a keyblade on the beach at Destiny Island and him running around/jumping on some enemy (with Donald and Goofy in the team, but not visible at all). I'm guessing we won't see this for another decade.

Hopefully they're actually focusing on KH3. I'm sick of side-quels.
No idea why they waited so long to actually start work on it, KH 3 has been confirmed since KH 3D DDD (check the secret message in the ending, it also confirmed the 1.5 HD ReMix). I knew what it was as soon as I saw the unfamiliar looking Keyblade.

The way I see it, they have the FF X & X-2 remakes, FF XV, and if they're ever gonna port Type 0 from JPN to USA (probably on Vita at this point), then that before KH3 gets all of the attention.

No idea why they waited so long to actually start work on it, KH 3 has been confirmed since KH 3D DDD (check the secret message in the ending, it also confirmed the 1.5 HD ReMix). I knew what it was as soon as I saw the unfamiliar looking Keyblade.

The way I see it, they have the FF X & X-2 remakes, FF XV, and if they're ever gonna port Type 0 from JPN to USA (probably on Vita at this point), then that before KH3 gets all of the attention.
KH3 was always gonna be developed by the same team that did KH1 and 2. Y'know, the team that's been working on Versus XIII (now FF15) for 7 years. Birth by Sleep and Dream Drop Distance were developed by the "KH B-Team" who previously did Parasite Eve II and the Musashi games. The other portable installments were outsourced. Birth by Sleep was the only KH game planned to come before KH3, but things didn't go as planned, and in order to, y'know, continue making money, they continued developing portable installments with varying degrees of importance to the overall plot.

Of course, this sets the bar for KH3 extremely high. They made us wait all this time to ensure a certain level of quality (that I personally believe the B-Team could've provided as well -- they do great work), so it had better be the best damn KH game ever.

Also, the keyblade Sora picks up is the Master Keeper, but I really wouldn't put too much thought into why it's there on Destiny Islands. This is clearly just a concept trailer and everything is subject to change (his clothes will be changed for sure).

As for how I feel about the game? When they ran that FF15 trailer I actually shed a few tears, and when they followed it up with KH3, I just straight up started crying. It was so weird -- I never had anything like that happen to me before, and I wasn't the only one either. When I went to check blog comments and forum posts around the web, I spotted tons of posts by people who experienced the same thing. In any case, I'm extremely excited that the Xehanort saga is finally coming to an end.

I imagine that because KH3 is in development now, that FF15 is closer than we think (which, to me, still looked identical to how they showed it on PS3).  But I still think this is a long way off.

So some new information came out of the "Future of FF" press event they held today. Turns out that they totally did hand this off to the B-Team. It's kind of a slap in the face to all us that have been waiting for so long, but at the same time, if that's what it takes to get this off the ground, then so be it. I'm guessing that once FF15's done, that team will take over to put on the finishing touches. Makes you wonder how far along FF15 is, though...

Also, since no one actually posted a trailer yet, here's one:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQMwwGIyWwk[/youtube]

Still makes no sense why they're releasing it on X1 seeing as Wii U would have been the better choice since many of the spin-offs were released on Nintendo handhelds. Whatever though...it's just good to see that this game is finally in production.

Still makes no sense why they're releasing it on X1 seeing as Wii U would have been the better choice since many of the spin-offs were released on Nintendo handhelds. Whatever though...it's just good to see that this game is finally in production.
SE's new engines are all DirectX 11 based, meaning they're on x86 architecture... which is what the PS4/X1 use. The PS4/X1 are very similar to Windows based computers and both consoles are fairly similar in terms of technical capabilities. What that means is that they can easily make a game for the two platforms without having to do too much work. They just need to account for the fact that the PS4 is slightly more powerful than the X1. Really, it's a no brainer for any company... unlike this gen, where it costs money to re-tool/port PS3 (Customized version of PowerPC used run cell) vs the 360 (standard PowerPC architecture).

If they wanted to make the game on the Wii U, they'd likely need to port it over (meaning shoddy quality) and also work with a significantly weaker hardware. Plus, with the Wii U's dismal sales... it's exactly the most attractive platform.

bread's done
Back