Kingdom hearts recoded 9.99 after best buy gamer coupon YMMV

slidecage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
106 (100%)
Game is on sale this week for 19.99
This months gamer mag has a coupon for 10 bucks off game

if you can get a worker to over ride the price you can end up with the game for 9.99 + tax

YMMV cause some best buys take the coupon with sale price others will NOT

Its been talked about before. But I suppose is cool its getting its own Thread. As for the gamer coupon, is worth a try if you already have the magazine. If you don't, the hassle of buying the magazine to then get shut down at the cashier to save a few bucks is hardly worth it. Considering if it backfire you will end up paying $19.99 + the magazine cost.

I'm having a harder time justifying buying the game at all.

The coupons clearly say it can't be combined with other offers. It wont work, and they only way you'll get it is if you can convince a lazy cashier to override it.
Best Buy always has things on sale, then puts out coupons for these items that wont work while they're on sale. Its a ploy to get you in their stores, buy they're magazine, and buy the games for sale price only.

I do get the magazine and use the coupons often.. 2 of the Best Buys in my area will accept the coupons on sale items MOST of the time.. Every now and then there is a cashier who says "sorry you can't do that".. so I simply say oops and walk around and go to a different cashier who lets me.. Best Buy in general is terrible with coupons (especially Manufacturer coupons).. So it's definitely YMMV.

For anyone going to the Shady Grove, MD Best Buy store, it's a no go. Shot it down because doesnt apply to sale item.
They also couldn't price match Halo Reach Legendary Edition from Gamestop because it's a clearance item? WTF? Best Buy sucks.

Same coupon deal can be applied to AC:B. Things these are so YMMV I don't think it's worth trying unless you already needed to go to the store.

[quote name='The Punisher']For anyone going to the Shady Grove, MD Best Buy store, it's a no go. Shot it down because doesnt apply to sale item.
They also couldn't price match Halo Reach Legendary Edition from Gamestop because it's a clearance item? WTF? Best Buy sucks.[/QUOTE]

I'll try at the Rockville and the College Park location and get back to you.

I don't understand why people come into these threads claiming it won't work when there's many, many examples of it working in the past. Besides, it's worth a shot no?

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I don't understand why people come into these threads claiming it won't work when there's many, many examples of it working in the past. Besides, it's worth a shot no?[/QUOTE]

Cause some of these people that come in claiming it won't work probably walk up to the cashier and ask something to the effect of "Can I use this coupon on this item even though it's on sale this week?"

[quote name='JAlbertL']I just ordered it off Amazon.[/QUOTE]

You could setup a trade-in back to Amazon for $22.50 - a $2.51 profit in Amazon credit!! (LOL)

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Cause some of these people that come in claiming it won't work probably walk up to the cashier and ask something to the effect of "Can I use this coupon on this item even though it's on sale this week?"[/QUOTE]

Right, simply walk up with the item, let them scan it, total it, say "I have a coupon today" and they will either take the coupon off, or they won't. It depends if you have the "Employee of the Month" who puts on his reading glasses to check the fine print or the "whatever,whatever - I hate my life" teenager, so as always it is YMMV.

Why not give it a shot? The worst they can say is no. Not like you get charged with attempted fraud 25-life.

[quote name='sassylaurie']You could setup a trade-in back to Amazon for $22.50 - a $2.51 profit in Amazon credit!! (LOL)[/QUOTE]

That is a very impressive profit, might have to give that a whirl LOL!

[quote name='M00seKnuckle']That is a very impressive profit, might have to give that a whirl LOL![/QUOTE]

I think the limit is 2 so you could actually get $5.02 in credit!!! Go!Go!Go!

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I don't understand why people come into these threads claiming it won't work when there's many, many examples of it working in the past. Besides, it's worth a shot no?[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Who know, you one might get the lazy cashier. GO4it!!

Because "the past" was before they changed their systems to not accept these coupons when the items are on sale. You can give them the item and coupon, and the coupon will get rejected.
Yes, its worth a shot, but depends on the cashier/manager. If they read the coupon's fine print, it clearly says it wont apply.

I'm more surprised that this thread is still allowed considering it is basically saying to commit fraud. Everyone who read this thread knows before they go to the store that the coupon should not be used the way they intend on using it. The game at $19.99 is the deal (although a crappy one). I do wish you all luck if your going to try. I don't think is worth the effort if you don't own the magazine already. At the rate deals for it have been coming, I expect it to be $15 within a few months.

[quote name='sassylaurie']You could setup a trade-in back to Amazon for $22.50 - a $2.51 profit in Amazon credit!! (LOL)[/QUOTE]

i tossed the one i got off amazon a few weeks (months back) when ever it came out.... didnt know to trade it to amazon or toss it on goozex for 750 pts... with amazon price matching best buy 19.99 price expect that

22.50 trade vaule to fall to around 15 or less (might come back a little but i doubt it gets back to 22.50)

first one i got when it came out it was

34.99 with a 15 buck credit so 20 total....

picked another one up today for 11.59 after tax

Total for 2 games 31.59

trade in one of them to amazon for 22.50

Total for game 9.09 .... not bad for a new game

will probally toss the best buy game to amazon and keep the amazon one (sealed with the pre order stickers ) sealed until i deside to play it...

Wonder how long of a game it is... wonder if i could beat the game in 5 days (since i wont have to mail it out till friday to amazon)

About the post above mine about commit fraud...... people do it every day when there is a gamestop code glitch.

the buy 2 get 15 off people were getting games free... that could be seen as commmting fraud as well since you were using a coupon you knew it was busted...

if they take them they take them if they dont they dont .... at least for me the computer took it right off... no manager override. no asking why the coupon didnt work no nothing...... now i did get shot down a few months back on the harry potter game for the ds.... How badly this game is selling im sure they will just give them away for free before long

LOL

LITTLE OFF TOPIC BUT IS TETRIS PARTY FOR THE DS WORTH 15... can get it at best buy used for 15 after coupon

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Cause some of these people that come in claiming it won't work probably walk up to the cashier and ask something to the effect of "Can I use this coupon on this item even though it's on sale this week?"[/QUOTE]

I just called every best buy in the 100 mile area and was told that it would not work. I told them that it was working for many people on Cheapassgamers and gave them the link to see for them self, but it was still a no go. I even had them transfer me to Corporate and was shot down there also. Looks like it's YMMV

[quote name='macuseros9']I just called every best buy in the 100 mile area and was told that it would not work. I told them that it was working for many people on Cheapassgamers and gave them the link to see for them self, but it was still a no go. I even had them transfer me to Corporate and was shot down there also. Looks like it's YMMV[/QUOTE]

He has to kidding right? Right!? Anyone?

[quote name='macuseros9']I just called every best buy in the 100 mile area and was told that it would not work. I told them that it was working for many people on Cheapassgamers and gave them the link to see for them self, but it was still a no go. I even had them transfer me to Corporate and was shot down there also. Looks like it's YMMV[/QUOTE]

Please tell us you're joking, or never come back again. Surely, you couldn't be a member here for almost four years and do anything that stupid.

Unfortunately, the days of using coupons on sales items are now over. Last week we got an employee news flash from corporate stating that they fixed the system to where if someone were to bring up a sale item with a coupon, it will not work at the register. Why couldn't it have happened AFTER this week. Really wanted Kingdom hearts for 10 bucks :(.

[quote name='DeeEmEcks']For those of you tired of getting coupons from Best Buy's @gamer, RZ, Gamer's Club that cannot be used because of sale prices (a rather deceptive practice that needs to be changed) I suggest voting on it here: http://bestbuyideax.com/ideas/13504[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting that, voted. Was going to post that myself :booty:

Well, the shitty thing about not being able to use these "coupons" is that they're practically a paid service, a la Edge/PowerUp at Gamestop. Anyone who has these coupons PAID for the exclusive privilege of using them. That would be like Gamestop not allowing people to use their Edge discount when they do a B2G1F sale. And you know things are bad when you can use Gamestop as a moral compass.

haha thats awesome.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Please tell us you're joking, or never come back again. Surely, you couldn't be a member here for almost four years and do anything that stupid.[/QUOTE]

im sure its a joke.. drive 200 miles around trip to save 10 bucks :)

after tonight if a mod doesnt lock this i will.. seems its now not going to work any longer..

I want you to grab a fork and stick it in the nearest outlet...

It worked for me yesterday at the Best Buy in the Waterfront in Pittsburgh. I took the game up with the coupon and initially it didn't take the coupon then the girl just put in an override and took the $10 off. No problems and no hassle at all. I think I may have lucked out though.

[quote name='bizman316']It worked for me yesterday at the Best Buy in the Waterfront in Pittsburgh. I took the game up with the coupon and initially it didn't take the coupon then the girl just put in an override and took the $10 off. No problems and no hassle at all. I think I may have lucked out though.[/QUOTE]

BRAVO! This person should be praised!!! :applause::applause::applause:

Did not work for me yesterday. I'm in there all the time and the lady knew that...still did not matter. Such worthless coupons for the most part...I won't renew my @Gamer subscription!

I really hope this is a joke. This is why we no longer get "free games" or close to cheap games with coupon. What's next? Someone will probably call corporate and Best Buy stores will no longer give us penny guides.

bread's done
Back