Kingdom of Amalore 1200 MS point contest + free amalore dlc + free mass effect 3 dlc

Blaster man

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Sorry if this has already been posted. On the Xbox 360 dashboard, in one of the advertisement squares there is an advertisement for the upcoming WRPG Kingdom of Amalore: Reckoning. If you click on the advertisement, you are brought to a page to download the demo. If you download the demo there, you get an entry into a sweepstakes drawing for 1200 MS points.

If you start the demo up, you get a free DLC item for the full retail release of the game along with an item for Mass Effect 3. Once you play about half-way through the content, you get another Kingdom of Amalore: Reckoning DLC item. Then once you've completed the demo you get a second Mass Effect 3 DLC item.

The demo is rather lengthy, I'd say 2-3 hours. I was pretty impressed with it, graphically it looks beautiful and tbh it made me want to buy the game. It's really impressive, they have a few good elements lifted from WoW combined with traditional WRPG stuff. It's 3rd person but has many mechanics similar to Elder Scrolls games as well. The first half of the demo is a bit steriotypical, you wake up in a pile of corpses and have somehow come back to life. What follows is a tutorial dungeon that takes about 45 minutes. Once you're out of that, you have 45 minutes to explore the game. While there are obvious walls in the demo, they have provided a great deal of area to roam/explore/fight and one town. To lengthen the demo, your 45 minutes of exploration don't count towards time when you're in the menus or talking to NPC's. Given that, I'd say you can expect a 2 hour experience minimum.

I went in for the free DLC and came out deciding to buy the game (when it hits CAG prices). I guess the demo worked on me at least.

2-3 hours? How is that even possible then the intro takes about fifteen to twenty minutes, and then they give you 45 timed minutes to explore the area? Hour and a half if you're REALLY slow going through all the conversations.

That said, thanks for the tip. I downloaded it the other day when it launched, hopefully that counted as an entry since I didn't go through teh dashbaord ad.

[quote name='Ashsaber']2-3 hours? How is that even possible then the intro takes about fifteen to twenty minutes, and then they give you 45 timed minutes to explore the area? Hour and a half if you're REALLY slow going through all the conversations.

That said, thanks for the tip. I downloaded it the other day when it launched, hopefully that counted as an entry since I didn't go through teh dashbaord ad.[/QUOTE]

It took me longer than 15 minutes for the tutorial dungeon. I probably play these games differently than you do though, I explore everything, break every box and am generally pretty anal in them about not missing anything. Also, I talked to everyone and accessed every possible speech option and I waited for the voiced dialogue to finish rather than reading it faster myself and pressing X to speed up the speech.

[quote name='Ashsaber']2-3 hours? How is that even possible then the intro takes about fifteen to twenty minutes, and then they give you 45 timed minutes to explore the area? Hour and a half if you're REALLY slow going through all the conversations.

That said, thanks for the tip. I downloaded it the other day when it launched, hopefully that counted as an entry since I didn't go through teh dashbaord ad.[/QUOTE]

I heard it was up to 200 hours for the final game, if that took OP 3 hours to do the demo he will spend years on this one ^_^

Only thing I'm not sure about is how to ensure the dlc is there. I assume EA keeps track on it's end but it's not clearly stated anywhere. I THINK it is safe to delete the demo when it's done but can anyone verify?

And hey, don't make fun of me! I just started dragon quest ultimate, that should last me until July!

[quote name='lodreo']and where did you see it?[/QUOTE]

It shows up in one of the advertisement squares. You could reload it a couple times and it should show up pretty quickly. It's there for me almost every time.

This is in the USA for the contest. As for the free stuff, I have no clue if that's based on region. If you are in Europe, dl it and run it. If you get a message at the beginning saying you have dlc then you are good to go, definitely play through it.

If you're just going for the Chakram Launcher for Mass Effect 3, the Kingdoms of Amalur demo will probably take a bit over an hour (the armor is rewarded for just starting it up).

Once you speak to the Fateweaver guy after leaving the Well of Souls (ie get outside), you'll get a message saying you have 45 minutes to run around, which excludes talking to NPCs and pausing.
You can verify the unlocks by logging into social.bioware.com (same as your EA login if you've never been there before), then going to "Profile" -> "Your registered game content."

[quote name='Firvagor']If you're just going for the Chakram Launcher for Mass Effect 3, the Kingdoms of Amalur demo will probably take a bit over an hour (the armor is rewarded for just starting it up).

Once you speak to the Fateweaver guy after leaving the Well of Souls (ie get outside), you'll get a message saying you have 45 minutes to run around, which excludes talking to NPCs and pausing.
You can verify the unlocks by logging into social.bioware.com (same as your EA login if you've never been there before), then going to "Profile" -> "Your registered game content."[/QUOTE]

Fuuuuuuuck, I don't have the launcher. Do I really have to wait 45 minutes to unlock the Launcher?

[quote name='dotCody']Fuuuuuuuck, I don't have the launcher. Do I really have to wait 45 minutes to unlock the Launcher?[/QUOTE]

yea you have to complete the full 45 min. but you can always just get past the intro and walk away from you system eat / whatever then come back. At 20 minutes left you have to confirm the timer is running out so check back on it.

Also i am not sure about the Amalur dlc but the ME3 dlc will be unlocked on your bioware / ea social network account almost instantly after unlocking the items them selves

[quote name='Firvagor']If you're just going for the Chakram Launcher for Mass Effect 3, the Kingdoms of Amalur demo will probably take a bit over an hour (the armor is rewarded for just starting it up).

You can verify the unlocks by logging into social.bioware.com (same as your EA login if you've never been there before), then going to "Profile" -> "Your registered game content."[/QUOTE]

Thank you for posting this, I wanted to make sure I got them both and sure enough both items showed up on the site.

Thanks for the info on the site. Should it show the amalore content as well? Somehow I have a bunch of dragon age 2 contention there. No clue how I got it. Maybe from simply playing the first one?

[quote name='Calavash']yea you have to complete the full 45 min. but you can always just get past the intro and walk away from you system eat / whatever then come back. At 20 minutes left you have to confirm the timer is running out so check back on it.

Also i am not sure about the Amalur dlc but the ME3 dlc will be unlocked on your bioware / ea social network account almost instantly after unlocking the items them selves[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up, I just finished the demo and got the Launcher for Mass Effect 3.

Yea is there a limit how long this demo will give the content (and mass effect 3 mirror)

Cause you know I know you need to get Gold to download it

[quote name='Darklurkr23']Yea is there a limit how long this demo will give the content (and mass effect 3 mirror)

Cause you know I know you need to get Gold to download it[/QUOTE]

Wondering the same, still haven't gotten to it.

Hmm, it looks like it's system specific unfortunately. I might have to re-download it on my 360 and play through it again for the ME3 content for my 360.

It took me a few tries to get the game to actually play for that long, it crashed a lot when I played. I did get both ME3 bonus though.

[quote name='Blaster man']Should it show the amalore content as well? [/QUOTE]
I don't think so, considering they're different developers.

From what I've read, the developers said that the demo is based on an older, far buggier build. I actually kind of liked it despite the graphical glitches, annoying occasionally unresponsive A presses, and locking up once. Definitely a Fable feel minus excessive Bloom, but the progression system is interesting.

[quote name='gravel']Hmm, it looks like it's system specific unfortunately. I might have to re-download it on my 360 and play through it again for the ME3 content for my 360.[/QUOTE]

I played through the Amalur demo on my PS3 and unlocked a whole mess of stuff. Weapon and armor for Mass Effect 3. Fate-touched weapons, some special destiny card, some other kind of weapon and an armor for Amalur.

Was pleasantly surprised with the demo though, had been looking forward to getting this at a deep discount, bumped up to day one buy. I love these types of games.

[quote name='Darklurkr23']Yea is there a limit how long this demo will give the content (and mass effect 3 mirror)

Cause you know I know you need to get Gold to download it[/QUOTE]

And apparently you need more then just a 2-day gold trial. When I click Download Now it takes me to the download page but then I get kicked to a different page asking me to subscribe.

You can stop playing after the feel of souls on xbox360. The next time you load the demo it will ask if you want to start outside or inside the feel of souls. I started outside and still received the DLC.

bread's done
Back