Kingdom of Heaven:DC $15.65@ Overstock

Wow, thats a really good deal...I would buy this since I really liked the movie, but I really doubt that I'd actually watch all that extra stuff.

Thanks OP, I decided to go for this one. I still have Kingdom of Heaven sealed, but I'll just ebay it and hope for a few bucks.

$22.99 is the cheapest this is in next week's ads, and I doubt it will go on sale ever again after this. Sin City Extended Directors Cut and Gladiator Extended Directors Cut never did, so $15.65 shipped is an amazing deal.

Haven't watched the original yet, but damn. $16.00 for a four disc set? How can I pass that up? I could treat this as a gift for someone...maybe.

[quote name='greydemise']didnt like the movie much, but alot othes do..free bump ;)
and the box looks cool![/QUOTE]

Supposedly this director's cut is much better than the original, I don't which version you've seen. Anyway, I ordered one. Im pissed that I didn't order 2 as a second would've made a great present.

I still have the single disc copy sitting there never watched, well not by me anyway, but I couldn't pass this up. Thanks OP

[quote name='trabbahabba']Haven't watched the original yet, but damn. $16.00 for a four disc set? How can I pass that up? I could treat this as a gift for someone...maybe.[/quote]

You said it all trabbahabba.....

I've got the unopened original release and I'm more excited about this set.:bouncy:

I watched it today.... wow, not sure how long the released version was, but this one rang in at 4 1/2 hours I think... crazy. Good flick, one of Scott's most beautiful to date. I think if Legolas made more of an effort in a bunch of scenes, it could have been a great film, but I'm glad I bought it.

I'll get to some of the extras tomorrow, if I have time, but after 4+ hours of that stuff, I'm happy with not knowing how they carved pine into intracately laced silk pajamas :)

Thanks for the heads up!

I just got mine today in the mail. The box was a little banged up, but it's alright with me for that price. Thanks again for the deal.

[quote name='coolperson03']I just got mine today in the mail. The box was a little banged up, but it's alright with me for that price. Thanks again for the deal.[/QUOTE]
same here

[quote name='coolperson03']I just got mine today in the mail. The box was a little banged up, but it's alright with me for that price. Thanks again for the deal.[/QUOTE]

Same here, and I'm going to fire off an email shortly about it, and I encourage you all to do the same. Don't settle for banged up shit just because it was a cheap price... Overstock shouldn't be using vaccum sealed envelopes with NO PADDING for a DVD like this.

This is really the shittiest packaging job I've ever seen.

I don't care if the DVD was $1 or $100, I'm not going to settle for horrible packaging.

[quote name='Roufuss']Same here, and I'm going to fire off an email shortly about it, and I encourage you all to do the same. Don't settle for banged up shit just because it was a cheap price... Overstock shouldn't be using vaccum sealed envelopes with NO PADDING for a DVD like this.

I don't care if the DVD was $1 or $100, I'm not going to settle for horrible packaging.[/quote] I started a post at DVDTalk to encourage people to complain about their damaged KOH DVD, after hearing similar horror stories there.

I ordered Chaos Theory Limited Edition from overstock a couple of weeks ago and they shipped it in one of those shitty mailers. It arrived bent and dinged. It was OOS, so they couldn't even replace it if they tried. Nevertheless, I raised hell using their live chat.

[quote name='Roufuss']Same here, and I'm going to fire off an email shortly about it, and I encourage you all to do the same. Don't settle for banged up shit just because it was a cheap price... Overstock shouldn't be using vaccum sealed envelopes with NO PADDING for a DVD like this.

I don't care if the DVD was $1 or $100, I'm not going to settle for horrible packaging.[/QUOTE]

I haven't received my movie yet, but after reading all this I became worried and talk to one of Overstock's representatives about the condition that some of you have received your product. Heres what he said:

you: I have also heard from various people that ordered the same thing that they received theres in very poor shape

Henry: I'm really sorry about what you have heard, however, that is not the way we do our business.

you: ok, can you guarantee me that my product will arrive in adequate shape?

Henry: Sure, you'll receive the product in good condition and you can copy this chat transcript of your references.

sooo, we'll see :)

[quote name='Lowkrow']I haven't received my movie yet, but after reading all this I became worried and talk to one of Overstock's representatives about the condition that some of you have received your product. Heres what he said:

you: I have also heard from various people that ordered the same thing that they received theres in very poor shape

Henry: I'm really sorry about what you have heard, however, that is not the way we do our business.

you: ok, can you guarantee me that my product will arrive in adequate shape?

Henry: Sure, you'll receive the product in good condition and you can copy this chat transcript of your references.

sooo, we'll see :)[/quote] Unfortunately, the CS dept has no control over the shipping dept, and I have yet to see a CSR publicly confirms that they will use the shittest packaging to ship your stuff.

The shipping dept chooses the cheapest packaging and that's the way they do their business. They take your money and ship the stuff you ordered, with no regard for its condition when it gets to you. Only will they do something about it if they receive excessive returns for all the damaged products - when they realize the saving on the packaging is not going to offset the cost of the returns.

[quote name='eau']Unfortunately, the CS dept has no control over the shipping dept, and I have yet to see a CSR publicly confirms that they will use the shittest packaging to ship your stuff.

The shipping dept chooses the cheapest packaging and that's the way they do their business. They take your money and ship the stuff you ordered, with no regard for its condition when it gets to you. Only will they do something about it if they receive excessive returns for all the damaged products - when they realize the saving on the packaging is not going to offset the cost of the returns.[/QUOTE]

Ohh bummer. I hope mine comes in decent shape :)

[quote name='SoulReaver']Should I just get it at Amazon for $20 instead? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...6587389-4546447?_encoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=130

Is saving an extra five bucks worth the banged up dvd? How badly damaged was it?[/QUOTE]

On mine the bottom and back side of the casing is a little squished. 2 of the CDS (the ones on top) came with little blemishes, but I think that is because of the design of the interior case and its not Overstock's fault for that.

So overall, mine isn't in bad enough shape where I would go crazy, but it's not in mint condition either. It's up to you if you want one for $5 more in mint condition.

[quote name='Lowkrow']On mine the bottom and back side of the casing is a little squished. 2 of the CDS (the ones on top) came with little blemishes, but I think that is because of the design of the interior case and its not Overstock's fault for that.

So overall, mine isn't in bad enough shape where I would go crazy, but it's not in mint condition either. It's up to you if you want one for $5 more in mint condition.[/quote]

I got mine for $15.xx total, and if its in considerably bad condition (not watchable), then i'll have then send me replacements...that, or my money back and i'll just get it on eBay.

Well, my Kingdom of heaven 4 Disc Directors Cut came in today. The top right corner was slightly, very slightly bent, but the discs inside were perfectly fine. The packaging was crap, but i would easily give its condition on arrival a 9/10. As for the movie itself, all discs are fine and the movie clocks in at something like 3 hours and 14 minutes. (194 minutes). Not bad for $15.65 total (and that includes s&h) :)

Title is $14.95 with free shipping at Deepdiscountdvd.com. Use coupon code
ESPN or GOOGLE. 20% off all dvds till the 17th

bread's done
Back