Kingdom of Loathing - anyone play?

I used to play, but somehow my character got deleted!
It was RY0 . 0 = Zero.
Makes me mad, even one of the moderators said he couldn't find my account.
And I'm way tooo lazy to start all over again.
But, now that I come to think of it, it was a pretty good time-killer.

[quote name='Autumn Star']I used to play, but somehow my character got deleted!
It was RY0 . 0 = Zero.
Makes me mad, even one of the moderators said he couldn't find my account.
And I'm way tooo lazy to start all over again.
But, now that I come to think of it, it was a pretty good time-killer.[/QUOTE]

If you start a new character, go to the account menu and click the "Do Not Delete This Character Due To Inactivity" box. Problem solved! Also, if you've ever had a Mr. Accessory in your account over a rollover, it should be protected from deletion.

[quote name='Jek Porkins']If you start a new character, go to the account menu and click the "Do Not Delete This Character Due To Inactivity" box. Problem solved! Also, if you've ever had a Mr. Accessory in your account over a rollover, it should be protected from deletion.[/quote]
Thanks for the advice, does me nothing now, but I still wasn't inactive.
Unless you count not being on for a day inactive.

fuck THE MONEY MAKING GAME
fuck IT TO HELL

Umm, I have a mall store, if you kmail me saying 'magazine rack' i'll give you any of those items at a discount.
username- pamphlets_smell

[quote name='BKPartisan']cook batgut with spices (you should have tons of spices if you did the clover farming with the hermit)[/quote]

Since he's a pastamancer, making boring spaghetti with the dry noodles he can summon provides a decent number of adventures and stats for a cheap, cheap price (3 adventures and three tomatos)

For drinks, what I've been using is monkeywrenches, screwdrivers and vodka martinis, since you can usually find mall stores selling vodka and rum for 100, and the rest of the fixin's are cheap as well, and they give reasonable amounts of adventures and stats for pretty cheap (200 per).

[quote name='JSweeney']Since he's a pastamancer, making boring spaghetti with the dry noodles he can summon provides a decent number of adventures and stats for a cheap, cheap price (3 adventures and three tomatos)

For drinks, what I've been using is monkeywrenches, screwdrivers and vodka martinis, since you can usually find mall stores selling vodka and rum for 100, and the rest of the fixin's are cheap as well, and they give reasonable amounts of adventures and stats for pretty cheap (200 per).[/quote]
As an addition to this, make sure to keep the dirty hippy costume around (filthy dread sack and filthy courderoys, and use the little drop down, as it makes it so much easier when you want to go to a shop you need a costume to visit)
having access to the dirty hippy store makes a number of the items you need to get cheaper.... tomatos, oranges, olives, herbs are all about 30+ meat cheaper than you could get them from the mall, making it even cheaper to eat a good diet far earlier in the game.

Remember... even though Mysticism is your main stat, Moxie tends to be what keeps you alive, since it makes you harder to hit.
Delicious noodles (herbs and dry noodle) and vodka martinis (vodka+olive) help build this skill.

Okay. Let me rephrase all this.

Meat-Making Tips

Right. Now.

Number one- Meat Farming. Level 8 brings about the Icy Peak. Here lye Yetis, and only Yetis. 200 meat base drop. That's a lot, right? Right.

Now, with 112 moxie, Yeti's will NOT hit you...much. How do you acquire such a high goal?

Moxious MAdrigal, the buff, will raise your moxie.

Hair Spray, osld in the market, will raise your moxie.

Smiles of Mr. A will raise your moxie.

Mr. As themselves will raise your moxie.

Okay, so you can ifght the yetis now. But 200 meat per? Meh...

Phat Leon's Phat Loot Lyric, the buff, will make the yeti drop fur more often. /c trade people will buy it for 185+ per.

Polka of Plenty, the buff, will raise meat drop.

Leprechaun, the familiar, with MEat Detector, raises meat drops.

Okay, but I can't adventure there- I need cold prorection, and using a cold protection item takes away my moxie points, since I need that equipment slot!

Elemental Saucesphere will protect you from cold.

The following is what I use, and I get 500 meat per adventure plus skins:

Encephelic Ensemble Outfit
2 Mr A's
Badass Belt

And for buffs:

Elemental Saucesphere
Phat Leon's
Polka o Plenty
Moxious Madrigal

All these buffs are obtainable from the buffbots "Testudinata" and "Noblesse Oblige" (THE clan of KoL).

Number Two- Buy a Mr. A for ten dollars. Sell it in Trade for 4.5 mil. there you go.

Not enough?

Okay then. Buy the Mr.A And then buy the item of the month from Mr. Store with it.

After the month is over, people will pay more than 4.5 mil for the item of the month, since it is now *UNOBTAINABLE* other than through players.

So, say you only get 5 mil.

Well, you can buy your Mr. A back for 4.5 mil, and you just made 500k! Repeat this process the next month.

:D

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Okay. Let me rephrase all this.

Meat-Making Tips

Right. Now.

Number one- Meat Farming. Level 8 brings about the Icy Peak. Here lye Yetis, and only Yetis. 200 meat base drop. That's a lot, right? Right.

Now, with 112 moxie, Yeti's will NOT hit you...much. How do you acquire such a high goal?

Moxious MAdrigal, the buff, will raise your moxie.

Hair Spray, osld in the market, will raise your moxie.

Smiles of Mr. A will raise your moxie.

Mr. As themselves will raise your moxie.

Okay, so you can ifght the yetis now. But 200 meat per? Meh...

Phat Leon's Phat Loot Lyric, the buff, will make the yeti drop fur more often. /c trade people will buy it for 185+ per.

Polka of Plenty, the buff, will raise meat drop.

Leprechaun, the familiar, with MEat Detector, raises meat drops.

Okay, but I can't adventure there- I need cold prorection, and using a cold protection item takes away my moxie points, since I need that equipment slot!

Elemental Saucesphere will protect you from cold.

The following is what I use, and I get 500 meat per adventure plus skins:

Encephelic Ensemble Outfit
2 Mr A's
Badass Belt

And for buffs:

Elemental Saucesphere
Phat Leon's
Polka o Plenty
Moxious Madrigal

All these buffs are obtainable from the buffbots "Testudinata" and "Noblesse Oblige" (THE clan of KoL).

Number Two- Buy a Mr. A for ten dollars. Sell it in Trade for 4.5 mil. there you go.

Not enough?

Okay then. Buy the Mr.A And then buy the item of the month from Mr. Store with it.

After the month is over, people will pay more than 4.5 mil for the item of the month, since it is now *UNOBTAINABLE* other than through players.

So, say you only get 5 mil.

Well, you can buy your Mr. A back for 4.5 mil, and you just made 500k! Repeat this process the next month.

:D[/quote]
A less expensive setup that gives similar moxie stats is:

f3d0r4, Asbestos Crossbow, Swashbuckling Pants, and Sneaky Pete's Breath Spray X3

As you start to gain more natural moxie, the moxie gainers can be swapped out for accessories and items that increase your meat drop.

It's amazing how much the game opens up after you get to around level 6 or 7.

Sooo, I just went from over a million meat, to less than 200,000 meat in about a few hours. I know begging is frowned upon in the game, but can you guys please help a CAG out? My user-name is pamphlets_smell if you want to succumb to my begging.
I'm about to ascend (I already killed the sorceress and freed the king) and I know that once I ascend it will be hard to get meat!!
Please?

[quote name='smalien1']got scammed out of meat again!![/quote]

Exactly how do you manage to keep doing that, short of being either really greedy or really gulible?

Well, looks like the "Meat Farming Tips" isn't quite as valuable anymore, what with all of the changes to the Icy peak.

[quote name='JSweeney']Well, looks like the "Meat Farming Tips" isn't quite as valuable anymore, what with all of the changes to the Icy peak.[/quote]
Yes, I did over 500 damage to the Snow Queen and she still will NOT die.:bomb:

[quote name='zionoverfire']Yes, I did over 500 damage to the Snow Queen and she still will NOT die.:bomb:[/quote]

What? She goes down for me in like 120.

[quote name='smalien1']What? She goes down for me in like 120.[/quote]

WTF? I spammed her with weapon of the pastalord for 100 damage each time and even after 5-7 shots she didn't die.:bomb:

[quote name='zionoverfire']WTF? I spammed her with weapon of the pastalord for 100 damage each time and even after 5-7 shots she didn't die.:bomb:[/quote]

Thats wierd, I'm like, level 8, and kill her with my sauceror spell that takes 3 MP, whatever it's called, in one shot, however, I do have a lot of spell enhancers on.

I can't seem to do more than 1 damage to her with any attack that deals physical damage. Killed he rin under 30, though, with turtle combos. This pisses me off, because now I need a NPZR for meat farming.

This is what I did with my first shot at her

You're fighting a Snow Queen
You cast a Stream of hot Teriyaki Sauce at your opponent, which does 88 damage.
Maureen gains a pound!
You win the fight!
confection.gif
You acquire an item: crazy little Turkish delightMaureen smiles approvingly.
You gain 9 Strengthliness.
You gain 13 Magicalness.
You gain a Mysticality point!
You gain 5 Chutzpah.

So, how is the KOL playing portion of CAG enjoying Crimbo?
Some of the toys are actually kind of fun to use, like the toy mercenary.

So, is there any chance of a "Cag Clan" resurgance, or should we just let the idea drop?
As it is, the "CAG" KOL clan looks to consist of 2 people. :)

Ooh, I didn't know anyone still played around here.

I enjoyed Crimbo for a while, but it became too costly to defeat the Crimborg stuff, so I went back to stat farming... working towards level 30.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Ooh, I didn't know anyone still played around here.

I enjoyed Crimbo for a while, but it became too costly to defeat the Crimborg stuff, so I went back to stat farming... working towards level 30.[/quote]

Really? With my Eye of the Stroat/Lunging Thrust smack setup, I can OHKO all of the Crimborg up until I get to level 13, and then if you use a Moxie class, you can beat up most of them with just one Moxious Maneuver.

Yeah, LTStoat is a nice combo, but I spent about 80k a day beating them- I'm level 25 muscle class.

I made enough Crimbo crap, I went back to stat farming.

Hate to bump an old thread, but for any of you who still play, Blythe, a mod in various chat channels, has passed away. RIP.

Just a random bump to see if any CAGs new to the OT area play the game, especially since the Crimbo season and NS13 (a while back) have come.

Accounts are deleted after three months of inactivity unless you have a Mr. A in your inventory (or I believe a Mr. A item as well) at rollover. Then you get the no-delete flag set.

bread's done
Back