Kingdoms of Amalur (X360), RE Raccoon City (X360) $19.99 Newegg

Just finished KoA and ORC in the past few weeks and enjoyed them both. I'm one of the few that thinks ORC gets a bad rap, it's fun if you're not expecting much. There's a ton to do in KoA and it really has the flexibility for people to play it totally differently depending on what they like - I sped through the main campaign skipping most side quests and finished at level 23 with a focus on one spell (lightning) and longbows, but someone else could be at level 30 before halfway through the game and primarily do magic or big heavy swords. It's really too bad it didn't sell so well (or so I think).

[quote name='Brother Daz']It does have free shipping.[/QUOTE]

ah, it does! thanks

even a bigger thanks, op! :D

[quote name='handsomepete']There's a ton to do in KoA and it really has the flexibility for people to play it totally differently depending on what they like - I sped through the main campaign skipping most side quests and finished at level 23 with a focus on one spell (lightning) and longbows, but someone else could be at level 30 before halfway through the game and primarily do magic or big heavy swords. It's really too bad it didn't sell so well (or so I think).[/QUOTE]
Yeah, KOA is a little uninspired in the story/character department but it's still a ton of fun to play. I picked it up for $25 a couple months ago, got the DLCs for half price. The amount of variation in the possible character builds is awesome. I played through once as a rogue focused on speed and stealth, and then again as a mage and it was a totally different experience. You can completely respec your character at any time too.

The KOA game play isn't too bad. You can just wander around doing all the side stuff, which there is a ton of. However it just felt really boring. The story and world in general. I haven't finished it, but it really left no desire to see what happens next.

That sucks, it's still $36.99 for PS3. I wish these online stores put all the versions on sale. Hopefully it will be on sale come Black Friday.

KoA was a ton of fun for me. I put my backlog on hold just so I could finish this game and the DLC. Legend of Dead Kel was pretty decent, but I felt the Teeth of Naros was too quick. Overall, there are plenty of side/faction quests that'll keep you busy. It was a steal when BBY had it for $10. Definitely worth $20.

eat a deuce schilling...hahaha
played the KoA demo....didn't like the controls much and the environments were rather restrictive....loved the characters mulitple abilites but just wasn't that interested....would pick up for $9.99 though...

[quote name='gshell']eat a deuce schilling...hahaha
played the KoA demo....didn't like the controls much and the environments were rather restrictive....loved the characters mulitple abilites but just wasn't that interested....would pick up for $9.99 though...[/QUOTE]

The demo makes it seem a little more restrictive then it actually is. Once you get a couple hours in(much like most modern RPGs) it opens up a lot and you can do what you will for the most part. Of course there are closed off areas, but they're few and far between and there's usually enough variety in the areas it's worth wandering around for a bit before moving to your next objective.

I think if the game had less distractions it might have been better rated. Personally I was really distracted the whole time I played it doing all the little things and then forgetting my main objective.

bread's done
Back