King's Bounty: The Legend (PC) for $13 Shipped (J&R via Amazon) - now OOS

Sentinel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Title says it all... link

Amazon itself (direct) has it for $25, but it is half the price through J&R. This is quite good if you missed the (digital only) Gamersgate sale.

EDIT: Now out of stock at Amazon and J&R.

Last edited by a moderator:
i enjoy what i played so far from when i picked it off gamersgate for $10 and theres no drm at least with the dl version

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']Any DRM?[/quote]

The US retail version appears to use SecuROM for a disc check only; no online activation or limited installs.

Copy protection isn't bad for this one. Great game. I snagged a copy at Circuit City for 20 bucks. If you like the old school Heroes of Might and Magic series (1-4) you will love this game.

[quote name='danh920']dead[/QUOTE]

It's not bad.. Just go to the JR's site and buy the item. It let you purchase with the item on "temporary not available".. they usually ship it in 3-4 days.. even if they take the stock off the site..

I had the same thing happen with XBOX 360 Command & Conquer and Kane's Expansion..

[quote name='danh920']dead[/quote]

That was fast (less than a day?), though you can still try at J&R as suggested above. I wonder how much of that is because of CAG traffic...

Damn! Still got Two Worlds and The Witcher left to play. Guess I'll wait until at least NWN is finished.

[quote name='DrNo888']Damn! Still got Two Worlds and The Witcher left to play. Guess I'll wait until at least NWN is finished.[/quote]

FWIW, I think a universal price drop is in the works and / or a bundle with the upcoming Armored Princess expansion, so I don't think you will have to wait long for a good price.

[quote name='Sentinel']Title says it all...
344.jpg
link

Amazon itself (direct) has it for $25, but it is half the price through J&R. This is quite good if you missed the (digital only) Gamersgate sale.[/quote]
You can say that again. $13.99 you cant beat that! Great find Sentinel:applause:

[quote name='jimmytron']You can say that again. $13.99 you cant beat that! Great find Sentinel:applause:[/quote]

Thanks. :) Technically you could beat that with the (prior) $9.99 Gamersgate sale, which I missed. But I like having the physical article, and I certainly don't mind paying $3 more for that.

Too bad it didn't last long for everyone else...

Just got a call from J&R today. Apparently, not only is the game backordered, but now they've stopped carrying it entirely. My backorder was canceled, and they will not be carrying the game in the future.

Anyone else get called/emailed?

-IA

[quote name='TheInfiniteAmmo']Just got a call from J&R today. Apparently, not only is the game backordered, but now they've stopped carrying it entirely. My backorder was canceled, and they will not be carrying the game in the future.

Anyone else get called/emailed?[/quote]

I got mine in the mail on Monday, ordered through Amazon while it was still in stock there. Did you order it before it appeared as backordered?

It's now showing in stock on Amazon - $11.62 from Beach Audio
4.47 S&H - not bad at all

[beats my 50% off = $20 deal when CC went out]

Great game, easily worth up to $20 IMO

Yeah, this game is the best deal since the Orange Box IMO. They just don't make many games like this anymore. It's a fantastic strategy RPG. I hope we see a lot more from this developer.

Seriously, if you can get this game for under 20$ it's a steal.

bread's done
Back