Kirb and masa's lowball sale ending in four hours!!! Come bid! Half-life 2 rare book!

[quote name='refusedchaos']hmm tempted by Silent Hill 3 [sealed][/QUOTE]

If you don't get it in the next day or two, I likely will be. ;)

[quote name='thelonepig']If you don't get it in the next day or two, I likely will be. ;)[/QUOTE]

hmm well at least it will go to a good home.

[quote name='refusedchaos']hmm tempted by Silent Hill 3 [sealed][/QUOTE]

[quote name='thelonepig']If you don't get it in the next day or two, I likely will be. ;)[/QUOTE]

Uh-oh. Whoever buys it gets a copy of some Akira Yamaoka-y music I've made ;)

... What, I had to sweeten the pot SOMEHOW! But heck, one of them is a remix of Theme of Laura (Reprise) which is one of the most depressing songs ever.

[quote name='Vulgarism']Uh-oh. Whoever buys it gets a copy of some Akira Yamaoka-y music I've made ;)

... What, I had to sweeten the pot SOMEHOW! But heck, one of them is a remix of Theme of Laura (Reprise) which is one of the most depressing songs ever.[/QUOTE]

Got some Broken Notes action up in here?

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']Got some Broken Notes action up in here?[/QUOTE]

Haha, funny you should say that. I wish I could get on one of those albums :(

http://www.silenthillmemories.net/music/fan_tracks_en.htm

My track is under the "Remixes & Covers" section. Check 'Ocean's Next Victim - Laura's Requiem'

It's a bit lo-fi, as I made it on MTV Music Generator 2 for PS2 and did a line-in recording to my computer, but it works.

Alright, Monday will be the last chance to get any of the stuff left. On Tuesday, I'm taking the rest to a local used store. Bundle a bunch of crap together and I'll give you a discount!

[quote name='Vulgarism']Haha, funny you should say that. I wish I could get on one of those albums :(

http://www.silenthillmemories.net/music/fan_tracks_en.htm

My track is under the "Remixes & Covers" section. Check 'Ocean's Next Victim - Laura's Requiem'

It's a bit lo-fi, as I made it on MTV Music Generator 2 for PS2 and did a line-in recording to my computer, but it works.[/QUOTE]

Don't feel bad about those politics, you've got skills!

[quote name='aptanor']Where are you moving from/to anyways fU:[/QUOTE]

Movinz.png

I put this in spoilers just to help keep the page from getting cluttered.

Yes, I took a light-hearted approach to that image. I don't expect to be going to beaches and women and partying all the time. I just figured that is how some people would interpret that, heh.

I'm going from Brussels, WI, which is a town of roughly 800 people spread over a rural community of 36 miles. It sucks here. We moved up from Illinois when I was 10, so I've been in this a majority of my life. Spring and Fall aren't bad, when we actually get them. The past three or four years has been Winter until May, two weeks of beautiful weather, and then summer, which has hit 100+ with high humidity a few times since we've moved here. Now, you may say that isn't too bad, but when you couple that with winters that average between 50 and 60 inches of snowfall and a year or two where the windchill hits -30, it's a back and forth struggle.

My dad was fired back in December, and his employers (who I briefly worked for as well) fought his unemployment claim and he lost, so there's been very little income coming in. I know I'm a bit of a financial burden, and I'm 22, so I know it's time for me to move on.

Since I do make music as a hobby and would love to find some connections to help spread my music through the indie game scene, California is my only real hope. Plus, I did play drums for about six years before giving it up, and would love to get back into it. If you Google 'Phenomenecronomicon' you can see what I did :p

So, yeah. Squarehard told me about Davis, and it honestly is a great place. Decent rent, nice size, great location... And I pretty much decided with a friend we both had to be out of Wisconsin by November, but I know I need to get out of here now. The 6 inches of snow that fell overnight really helps me keep my mind focused too!

So, there's the skinny for anybody who wants to know. I've sold about 80% of my belongings, and if this doesn't work out, I'll come back home with my head held in shame, with not much to my name, but it's something I need to do regardless. I'm going out there initially with two bags, right around $2000, and that's about it. It's gonna be a struggle, but I'm pushing with every ounce I have in me.

Forget all this Davis stuff, we should move to Portland and be at the heart of the indie/lesbo rock scene! I can marry Carrie Brownstein and live happily ever after!

Sucks to the midwest!

:applause: I applaud your courage for making such a journey.

+1 for being a fellow drummer

Cali is great if you are looking to get into the metal scene or the gaming and tech business.

Bands like All Shall Perish and Pathology took off from there.

Goodluck dood! We gotta hit up a gig one day!

bump

Wow, I'm impressed, and also mildly frightened that we both moved away from Illinois at age 10. I'm originally from Chicago.

[quote name='aptanor']Wow, I'm impressed, and also mildly frightened that we both moved away from Illinois at age 10. I'm originally from Chicago.[/QUOTE]

Haha! Rockford here. I've only been back a few times since I moved up here to see family and whatnot. My uncle and I went to see Maiden in Chicago last summer, and going through Rockford was depressing. The Machesney Park mall (which was a bike ride from my house, and across the street from my school) was essentially closed down, and the whole city seemed to have a really bad feeling about it.

I actually take that back, I was 8 when we moved. It's not any less coincidental, though, because if you're 22 we both moved out the same year o_O

Bump...

Since it's the last day I guess I better order some stuff so you don't have to live off Ramen for at least a few days:lol:

Toxic Avenger
Jacob's Ladder
Lost in Translation
Night of the Comet
Minority Report
American Psycho

[quote name='OldSchool77']Bump...

Since it's the last day I guess I better order some stuff so you don't have to live off Ramen for at least a few days:lol:

Toxic Avenger
Jacob's Ladder
Lost in Translation
Night of the Comet
Minority Report
American Psycho[/QUOTE]
I've already got dibs on that one ;)

Oh, and I can send you your money tomorrow. There was a charge on my account I didn't make, which led to an overdraft so I can't pay today :bomb:

bread's done
Back