Kirby 20th Anniversary Special Collection (Wii)

Now available for pre-order at Amazon:

*Removing b0rked link, look down two posts for a new one.

Last edited by a moderator:
That link works, but I wonder why it took Amazon took so long to put it up and why it doesn't show up in searches.

Showed up in my goldbox for $38 so I bit. I would have felt $30 would be more appropriate though, book+cd and all, since kirby is just not as popular as mario or zelda.

edit: placed a 2nd gold box order (didn't know they let you do that), just in case this turns out to be rarez or amazon adds a gc later, so I can open one to play.

Not directly related to the game but I found this really charming:
2m5x949.jpg

Are you a bubblegum blowing champion? Join Kirby at #PAX & help w/ our Guinness World Records attempt on 9/1 #Kirby20 http://twitpic.com/apb007
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/241228596474163200

^That's pretty neat. I'd be happy if a print-out of that a was pre-order bonus at Gamestop. Already pre-ordered there since I'm not going to take a chance this time around.

I once saw Super Mario All-Stars Limited Edition at Target when Nintendo did the reprint and still didn't pick up a copy. Now I see the game going for about $65 on Amazon.

Wow Nintendo really did a amazing job with the Kirby collection. Hopefully someone takes note of this on the corporate level if they decide to make any more compilations this is a great standard to go off of.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/blog/31577

Look at the disc art! That's just packed to the brim with awesome Kirby artwork. Too bad bubble gum is not included :cry:.

The first game I'm booting up is Kirby's Dreamland since that was my first Kirby game. Then Return to Dreamland 3 since I've heard some good things about it and I never played it since back in 1996 I had moved on to the PS 1.

I'm torn on whether or not to get this. The only Kirby I've not played in this collection is Dream Land 2, and I've already bought Adventure, Super Star, Dream Land 3, and 64 via Virtual Console. However, I'm a fan of the franchise. Wonder if it would be worth it for the book and CD (and Dream Land 2) alone.

[quote name='rocky435']Wow Nintendo really did a amazing job with the Kirby collection. Hopefully someone takes note of this on the corporate level if they decide to make any more compilations this is a great standard to go off of.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/blog/31577

Look at the disc art! That's just packed to the brim with awesome Kirby artwork. Too bad bubble gum is not included :cry:.

The first game I'm booting up is Kirby's Dreamland since that was my first Kirby game. Then Return to Dreamland 3 since I've heard some good things about it and I never played it since back in 1996 I had moved on to the PS 1.[/QUOTE]
Ok, I just went from 'wait and see' to really wanting it now. I could care less if a game or two that should be included is absent, the quality of physical content is reason enough to buy it at full price. Nintendo really stepped up for Kirby, thanks to Japan's interest in the little pink guy.

[quote name='Billytwoshoes'] Nintendo really stepped up for Kirby, thanks to Japan's interest in the little pink guy.[/QUOTE]

Iwata also created him, or at least created the series, so him being NoJ president probably helps.

One thing I noted by looking at the packaging and checking on Best Buy's website (not even on ESRB.org), it's rated E+10 for animated blood. Which Kirby had that, or is it included in one of the challenges?

Not that I would mind a bloody Kirby and friends, just curious really.

[quote name='Strell']Iwata also created him, or at least created the series, so him being NoJ president probably helps.[/QUOTE]

Sakurai created Kirby

[quote name='Sway']US commercial:[/QUOTE]
That reminded me of the Nintendo advertising of the 90's, cheesy yet entertaining.

I wonder with all the pushing they are doing in terms of marketing if this collection is going to be truly limited like the 25th Anniversary Super Mario All Stars collection , or 'limited' like the Skyward Sword w/ soundtrack CD (which of course is quite easy to find).

With this much exposure they would be shooting themselves in the foot if it sold out before Christmas, so hopefully the print run is plentiful enough to be available in retail for some time to come. I don't remember quite the same level of advertising for MPT or the SMAS collection.

The celebration book is a treat to look at, especially for someone who isn't well versed in Kirby. The package is just the game and book inside a cardboard box. It's too late for me, but is there any way to not crease the flap of the lid when you open the box? It didn't bother me at first but now it is. I guess I should have opened it from the bottom instead.

I bought this for my 2 sons today and they absolutely love it. I had never played a kirby game before the wii games and I am addicted after playing dreamland 1 and the nes kirby.

Got my copy yesterday. It is amazing what Nintendo did with "minimal" effort. If they gave Mario, Link, and Samus this treatment imagine how great it could've been.

Was able to PM mine at Best Buy with Fry's deal. They had it in a huge plastic security box, so thankfully there were no stickers or dings to worry about.

Super satisfied with the thing. Excited to sit down and play through these again.

Got mine in the mail today. I usually throw away the little paper boxes that these collections come in (I did for Super Mario All-Stars and the plastic slip case for Metroid Prime Trilogy) but I kind of want to keep this one to keep the booklet in it...but now it's inconsistent with my other Nintendo collections :(

stupid OCD...I guess I should've just kept the other boxes in the first place...

I'm really salivating over this one. Kirby has never gotten as much mainstream love as some of Nintendo's more popular franchises, but it's always featured some of my favorite games. I'm going to be passing by the local ToysRUs this afternoon. I'm tempted to take advantage of the deal they have going there and picking it up.

[quote name='Melatonin']Got mine in the mail today. I usually throw away the little paper boxes that these collections come in (I did for Super Mario All-Stars and the plastic slip case for Metroid Prime Trilogy) but I kind of want to keep this one to keep the booklet in it...but now it's inconsistent with my other Nintendo collections :(

stupid OCD...I guess I should've just kept the other boxes in the first place...[/QUOTE]

Why would you throw away part of the inteneded packaging?

[quote name='SteveGo']Why would you throw away part of the inteneded packaging?[/QUOTE]

Agreed. That post made me cringe. :whistle2:l

[quote name='Melatonin']Got mine in the mail today. I usually throw away the little paper boxes that these collections come in (I did for Super Mario All-Stars and the plastic slip case for Metroid Prime Trilogy) but I kind of want to keep this one to keep the booklet in it...but now it's inconsistent with my other Nintendo collections :(

stupid OCD...I guess I should've just kept the other boxes in the first place...[/QUOTE]

I had to stab myself with a pen to take away the pain.

[quote name='Rig']Agreed. That post made me cringe. :whistle2:l[/QUOTE]

That is why us gamers who want Retro Games CIB cant have them for a good price cause people like him throw away the cardbox box the minute they get it.

I think my balls just un-dropped.

[quote name='ZeroFlame15']That is why us gamers who want Retro Games CIB cant have them for a good price cause people like him throw away the cardbox box the minute they get it.[/QUOTE]

Do you know how my times I want to choke my 5 year old self for doing that back in the day.

[quote name='Josh5890']Do you know how my times I want to choke my 5 year old self for doing that back in the day.[/QUOTE]

Same Here.

[quote name='Josh5890']Do you know how my times I want to choke my 5 year old self for doing that back in the day.[/QUOTE]
Same here, all those poor NES games stripped down to just their black slips (wait, that didn't sound right...).

Anyways, I PMed two copies at Best Buy for the $29.96 price, one to definitely keep, one to either sell if it does happen to get rare over time, or to gift out eventually if it doesn't.

[quote name='SteveGo']Why would you throw away part of the inteneded packaging?[/QUOTE]

I just thought it was kind of annoying to have a box inside a box...I mean the games are in cases already, why do we need to cover them in extra paper and plastic?

[quote name='Melatonin']I just thought it was kind of annoying to have a box inside a box...I mean the games are in cases already, why do we need to cover them in extra paper and plastic?[/QUOTE]What is this...........I don't even..........

Its part of the CE packaging, if not just to look nice, you could always just have put an empty dvd case in there and leave the game out.

It's funny how a lot of people associate throwing away boxes and "important materials" as something children would do; I actually used to keep all my boxes and EVERYTHING as a kid and was really compulsive about it, but as I've grown up I realized how useless having a lot of extra stuff is and how it doesn't make me any happier. I admit it that obsessive-compulsive feeling comes back every now and then, but it usually goes away pretty quickly.

I realize many of you are collectors and are into the collectible aspect of these games, but I'm just buying them to play them, really...I used to own hundreds of games and I found that the more I owned, the more I wanted, and it was just eating me up.

I'm not trying to pick on anyone here; if it makes you happy to own that extra box to keep your game in, that's great. For me I just see it as an extra piece that I don't want or need...and when I have something that I don't want or need anymore, then I either throw it away or sell it. I'm trying to become less materialistc with age.

[quote name='Melatonin']I'm not trying to pick on anyone here; if it makes you happy to own that extra box to keep your game in, that's great. For me I just see it as an extra piece that I don't want or need...and when I have something that I don't want or need anymore, then I either throw it away or sell it. I'm trying to become less materialistc with age.[/QUOTE]
Honestly, I agree with your stance and wouldn't give you guff about what you do with what you purchase. If you never plan on selling the game, then it shouldn't matter if you have that extra piece of styrofoam or cardboard sleeve to be called CIB.

Personally I wished I was more OCD with my games when I was younger, just for completion sake, not that it would make any difference, as my NES is loaned out to my nephews at the moment...

[quote name='Strell']/hugs his Skyward Sword steelbox

Don't you worry none, baby. I'll love you forever.[/QUOTE]Damn well better, the pain I had to go through to get that sexy thang.

Anyone else find it odd that the outer box has no factory seal? I was expecting this thing to either be shrinkwrapped or at least have clear stickers sealing each end similar to Mario All-Stars or the Zelda Skyward Sword Bundle.

I noticed that as well, but not a big deal since I was going to open it anyway

No sticker residue to deal with is always a plus. At least the game itself is sealed.

[quote name='winterlane']Anyone else find it odd that the outer box has no factory seal? I was expecting this thing to either be shrinkwrapped or at least have clear stickers sealing each end similar to Mario All-Stars or the Zelda Skyward Sword Bundle.[/QUOTE]
I found this odd too, makes me wonder how many scammers are going to try to gut out the game and soundtrack CD before returning their copy to the unknowing clerks, those that wouldn't check the inside for the missing case seal.

I just picked this up over the weekdn and I had to say that this is a very good Collection. It's clearly had a lot of time and care put into it, which I wasn't really expecting, especially after the Mario Collection. I was really surprised that it had a bit of new content in it, despite just being mini-games. Overall, it's a good purchase for Kirby fans or people who are trying to get into Kirby despite not having liked it before, like myself.

I still haven't cracked open this game yet, being at the back of the line in my backlog queue. Not sure if this game will be hard to find or common down the road, still too early to tell, but it seems the retail stores are keeping pretty minimal stock. A few of my local Best Buys have sold out of them twice now (once in the first week, and some more recently), though no official NA numbers out as of yet.

Also (somewhat) unrelated, but I see Walmart.com has Return to Dreamland listed for only $38.70, the cheapest non-ebay price I've seen. I'm not sure if this is online only or if you can match it in store, since I hardly go to Walmart for games anymore.

Also I just noticed it's matched on Amazon right now with FSSS, cheapest it's ever been selling first party from Amazon according to Camelcamelcamel.com, not sure if that would be worth it to bring up to the main forum.

EDIT: Nevermind on RtDL, back up to $43+, I guess that was just for one day?

bread's done
Back