Kirby Canvas Curse Discussion

CouRageouS

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
Just picked it up and am having a BLAST. I'm sure more people are picking it up today so lets discuss :D Now back to playing Kirby Kirby Kirby.

Oh how I wish Best Buy had it on sale this week. I could justify paying $25 for Kirby if I really stretch my dollars...but $29.99 up just seems way too extravagant. Guess I'll have to suffer through the long wait to get it used....

But it looks so fun!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='BrerDan']Oh how I wish Best Buy had it on sale this week. I could justify paying $25 for Kirby if I really stretch my dollars...but $29.99 up just seems way too extravagant. Guess I'll have to suffer through the long wait to get it used....

But it looks so fun!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Are you serious dude, five dollars? I know there has to be a point when 5 bucks is just too much but if you're that excited about a game just fork over the extra five. You only live once dude.

If you have a Fry's near you its $25 there, thats where I got it. I just played for like an hour straight almost, had to take a break to make a sandwich.

Heck yes--$5 *is* a lot of money in my world. It may seem silly to you, but I *have* to stick with my set spending limits or else I could end up spending way too much in a month. $25 is my absolute upper limit (I usually wait on games and spend no more than $15 on any particular game).

Unfortunately, we have no Fry's in Alabama. I hear that Best Buy usually won't do GGC *and* price match....but I may try.

ANYWAY--I'm glad to hear folks are really enjoying it. That rocks!

[quote name='BIG5']I glad to see Nintendo can make something good using only the touch screen.[/QUOTE]

You must have been under a rock the past few months and not tried Yoshi Touch and Go and Pac-Pix. All use only the Touchscreen.

picked up kirby today, this game is a blast and really lets the ds show its stuff... this is a really fun game, anyone who thought yoshi touch and go was too short or whatever should get this game. oh and i was able to pick up at gamestop for 17.29 after a coupon and trading in zoo keeper :)

I have to say Kirby got pretty intense last night, I was playing and I dropped the stylus :rofl: I don't think that ever happened to me on any other game. I died after too.

[quote name='CouRageouS']If you have a Fry's near you its $25 there, thats where I got it. I just played for like an hour straight almost, had to take a break to make a sandwich.[/QUOTE]

I thought Fry's has it for $30?

So how is the difficulty of this game?

It seems to be pretty long, but lately Kirby games have had a knack for being overly easy.

[quote name='gameguy22006']Has anyone beat it yet? I've heard that there were some concerns over it being too short.[/QUOTE]

negative, im in the middle of finals... but yesterday i put in 1 hours and 11 minutes and i am 12.3% done (which goes by medals and includes the rainbow run I believe). And I have only cleared two of the 2 of the 8 levels (which have 3 stages each) and only 1 of the rainbow runs (which there are 16 of). there is no difficulty setting, perhaps something gets unlocked after you beat it

Yeah...I am definately getting this and I would've gotten it yesterday, but I know if I get it before Monday I will miserably fail all of my finals because my studying time will be consumed by Kirby....can't wait till Monday!!

[quote name='62t']I thought Fry's has it for $30?[/QUOTE]
It was $25 yesterday, now its $30 for today and tomorrow's ad period. They went fast at the Fremont Fry's, I got my copy there at 11:30AM then went there again at 7PM and they were all gone.

As far as the game length, I have 2 hours and 37 mins of play time with 23% completion, 64/250 medals, and I just beat level 5. From the looks of it theres 8 levels(3 stages per level) so it does seem a bit on the short side. I'm having a lot of fun doing the time trials and line trials though so after I play through the story I'm gonnaenjoy going for all 250 medals. So far I've unlocked all the different paint/line colors, I'm a bit disappointed there aren't any more.

[quote name='TJordan522']Yeah...I am definately getting this and I would've gotten it yesterday, but I know if I get it before Monday I will miserably fail all of my finals because my studying time will be consumed by Kirby....can't wait till Monday!![/QUOTE]

its a nice little game for a study break

[quote name='Shayde']I've also heard there are a ton of unlockables and minigames after you beat the game.[/QUOTE]
Yea there are lots of unlockables cause you use the Medals you find in levels and get for getting first palce in the time/line trials. I got 2 of the Minigames, they're 2 of the boss fights. Its really solid, the blockball type minigame could almost be a game itself.

I actually preordered this at Gamerush (saved $5 with the trade 2 deal - meh) and can't wait for it to get in - they are telling me Friday :(... I might have to pop up there today to see if it is in anyway (they usually don't really take till Friday to get new releases). I wish they had a policy of calling when preorders arrive. It really is kind of annoying to have to check all the time especially when they don't get them on the release dates - plus I don't think they hold things for preorders for very long and on a game like this they might have only gotten 1 in. If they sell it to someone else my preorder (fully paid for) goes up in smoke (they'd give me the credit back but I want the game!).

just got the game in I must say this is way better than yoshis touch and go ( didnt like it at all ) . the cool thing I like is the fact that you can still use kirbys special ability to get the enemies weapon . I must own for any DS owners .

[quote name='Roufuss']So how is the difficulty of this game?

It seems to be pretty long, but lately Kirby games have had a knack for being overly easy.[/QUOTE]

Anyone?

The difficulty is pretty normal. I'm only up to the fourth set of levels and the difficulty has gone way up, but on the other hand, I'm not smacking my DS or turning it off in frustration, which is a Good Thing and keeps everything fun. On the other hand, the little Rainbow Trial stages or whatever... THEY seem like they have the potential to be a headache, so if the normal game is too sissified, the trial stages seem like they might have the bulk of the replay value.

It gets pretty challenging in the later half. The tougher parts are when you just can't seem to have enough paint to go on without getting hurt. It sucks especially when you're trying to keep a copied power to break a certain wall or something.

I'm going to rent it on GameFly, I'm really loking forward to playing something on the DS, which hasn't gotten a lot of game recently... loking forward to Meteos

[quote name='Moxio']How long is this game?[/QUOTE]
b56f4693.jpg

:D

I have 2 and a half hours in playtime and I'm on the 7th level, which I think is the last world. So yea, its on the short side. I could probably beat it the next time I pick it up. The meat is in going to get all the medals but some people might not be up to the challenge since it gets quite frustrating. The challenges and minigames are great. Theres challenge levels for each of the copy abilities and they've very fun and clever.

I was about to purchase this, but i guess i'll wait considering i have some many games that i'm already playing. but this is definitely a game i'm gonna get down the road, hopefully there be a better deal than as well.

[quote name='masterh']The difficulty is pretty normal. I'm only up to the fourth set of levels and the difficulty has gone way up, but on the other hand, I'm not smacking my DS or turning it off in frustration, which is a Good Thing and keeps everything fun. On the other hand, the little Rainbow Trial stages or whatever... THEY seem like they have the potential to be a headache, so if the normal game is too sissified, the trial stages seem like they might have the bulk of the replay value.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, definately sounds worth my $25, thanks a ton.

With gba / ds games, it seems that you either get out on release week when it's cheap, or end up paying 35 bucks later on...

The game isn't super long, but I have gone through and finished up the first four levels 100% (I found all the medals and did all the time trials and everything), and it took me about 3-4 hours. So it should probably take people about 8 hours in total to get 100% on everything (I doubled the time even though I only have 3 levels left since I am assuming they will get tougher to get 100% on).

I beat the game last night, my play time is at 4:58 with 35.2% completion. I have 98 of 250 medals too. Even though it was short its going to be a fun time going for the 65% left so I'm not complaining about the length. Its enjoyable enough to play the levels over and over again. I say it'll take a lot longer than 8 hours to get 100%, the last stages are a lot more challenging and to get through all the trial challenges will take fucking long cause you'd pretty much have to do them perfectly.

played about 2 hours of it last night. so much fun. I really like how involving this game is, and the boss battle with the painter on roller skates is a whole lot of fun.

I have about 52% and 10 hours of game time clocked in. There's a surprising amount of meat to this game. I usually don't enjoy time trials and the like, but I'm having a lot of fun with these. And the unlockables will have me playing through the main game 4 more times at least. If anyone is concerned about the length, don't be. There's a LOT to do here.

Played an hour or so last night and a couple hours today. Great, great game. Really makes you see the point of the touch screen.

shit, was Kirby $30 at CC last week? I coulda used my last GGC there to get it down to $25, since my CC is good about accepting competitor coupons. Damned vacation, made me miss a deal.

I just picked this game up the day before yesterday and am utterly amazed by how damn cool it is. I'm just so happy Nintendo has a made a full game only using the touch screen. All the puzzle games that have come before Kirby are good and all, but they're still just puzzle games, and I need more substance than that.

This game has made me fully aware of what kinds of brilliant games we can look forward to.

I've called the DS' touch screen a gimmick before, and now I officially retract my previous statements. It's not a gimmick at all, but an advancement in how we play video games. Sure the touch screen has been around for a while, but no company has used it like Nintendo has to make beautiful and great games. I applaud Nintendo for always taking the road less traveled by and coming through with a great product that is the Nintendo DS.

With so many companies looking to make a quick buck and spit out crappy games that don't innovate, we need companies like Nintendo that are in the business because they love it. Nintendo made gaming what it is today, and it looks like they'll be on top of the handheld gaming industry for a long, long time.

I have to agree with everyone here. I picked it up and LOVE it. One of my favorite games in a long time. I really can't say why I enjoy using the touch screen so much--but I do. I think there really is something to the fact that you can "pick up and play." A lot of the advanced games on PS2/XBox/GC are just way too complicated for me as a casual gamer.

This game is also the first where I have *wanted* to go back and get all the medals.

Good deal!

I'm enjoying it, it's great for a pick up game. Got nothing to do, get the game and play a level. No need to rush...it's just fun. I try a stage or two a day. Sure it's not fast, but it's better than some of my other games that just gather dust cause I have to play hours on end before achieving anything...I just don't have much time sometimes.

bread's done
Back