Kirby Dream Collection Newegg $40

elyfant422

CAGiversary!
Don't know how Newegg keeps doing these great deals. Saw Kirby Dream Collection for pre-order $39.99. Free shipping too. Great deal seeing as though Amazon will not be selling it and $50 everywhere else. No coupon code needed as well.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16878190298&Tpk=kirby dream collection

edit:

As Sway has pointed out it seems that this is MSRP. I personally still think it is a good deal as Newegg doesn't charge tax for most and shipping is free.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can we not get a mod in here? 1/3 of this entire thread is full of crap.

As for this collection, is Nintendo serious!? $40!? I was debating buying this when I thought it would be $30, but this is just crazy.... I can't in good conscience support this, especially considering that I have Super Star Ultra and Dreamland 3 on Wii's VC.

$40... ridiculous, are we certain that's the MSRP? I can't find confirmation anywhere, it seems to me they are just guessing the price like they do for early pre-orders. I mean walmart has New Super Mario Bros WiiU priced at $100 right now.....

[quote name='Drclaw411']
Dolores_Umbridge.JPG
[/QUOTE]

Dude this is the first thing to pop into my head as well.

[quote name='rcerboss']Can we not get a mod in here? 1/3 of this entire thread is full of crap.

As for this collection, is Nintendo serious!? $40!? I was debating buying this when I thought it would be $30, but this is just crazy.... I can't in good conscience support this, especially considering that I have Super Star Ultra and Dreamland 3 on Wii's VC.

$40... ridiculous, are we certain that's the MSRP? I can't find confirmation anywhere, it seems to me they are just guessing the price like they do for early pre-orders. I mean walmart has New Super Mario Bros WiiU priced at $100 right now.....[/QUOTE]

Well, it's a lot more content than the Mario box got for $30, so I don't think $40 is crazy, especially when the cost of the downloads is more than that currently.

[quote name='rcerboss']Can we not get a mod in here? 1/3 of this entire thread is full of crap.

$40... ridiculous, are we certain that's the MSRP? I can't find confirmation anywhere, it seems to me they are just guessing the price like they do for early pre-orders. I mean walmart has New Super Mario Bros WiiU priced at $100 right now.....[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS7nqwGt4-I

[quote name='bojay1997']Well, it's a lot more content than the Mario box got for $30, so I don't think $40 is crazy, especially when the cost of the downloads is more than that currently.[/QUOTE]
Well first of all, K-Mart gave out $10 gamer coupons with the 1st run of that. So if you look at it like that many of us (myself included) got it for $20, still a bit much for what we got I think but far more reasonable.
And I seem to recall A LOT of people (and review sites) complaining/bashing the compilation for it's price vs value. And if I recall correctly the 2nd print sold a lot slower than the 1st print.

Well hopefully someone will have a sale on it at some point. Unless they make a really limited print of this, I can't see it selling the way the Mario collection did, Kirby ain't no Mario in terms of popularity...

Look at some of the other threads, this one isn't so bad. I think the mods have all taken a permanent vacation or something. It might be time to get a few new ones that will actively monitor the deals forum at least.

[quote name='suko_32']Was it confirmed somewhere that Amazon won't be selling this game?[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know this as well. I'm guessing this got buried amongst all the um bridge crap.

[quote name='Slowdance']Thanks a lot, i've been waiting forever![/QUOTE]

Hopefully you have a good fulfillment center. I got two copies of SMB collection crushed by poor Amazon packing and I finally had to find a copy at a GS that somebody never picked up.

[quote name='Jack_Frost']I was about to go buy a wii for this game until I saw what games came with it. For some reason I thought it contained all/alot of kirby games.

Close call for my wallet[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I thought it did too.

i ended up preordering it at newegg when they had the promo 10$ off 39.99 or more

personally the collection is worth it for dream land 3, considering what the snes version goes for.

[quote name='Sway']Just in case you don't check the weekly Frys thread, fidodido posted the 9/14-9/20 ad and it's on sale for $29.99.[/QUOTE]
Thanks Sway (and Fidodido), I'll have to swing by my Fry's on the way home from work next week (assuming they order enough in-store copies).

[quote name='Billytwoshoes']Thanks Sway (and Fidodido), I'll have to swing by my Fry's on the way home from work next week (assuming they order enough in-store copies).[/QUOTE]

If you can, you should try a store pickup. It's probably not available since it doesn't release till tomorrow.

bread's done
Back