Kirby Mass Attack confirmed for Sept 19th! (E3 Trailer)

I'm glad this is a DS games, seeing how I don't have a 3DS. Also, you can import DS games and play them on a US DS. Though obviously I hope it gets a US release.

[quote name='crunchewy']Also, you can import DS games and play them on a US DS.[/QUOTE]
Well, only a Phat or Lite. The newer DS types are region-locked.

I think this will be localized, seeing as how it's Kirby and all.

[quote name='blueshinra']Well, only a Phat or Lite. The newer DS types are region-locked.

I think this will be localized, seeing as how it's Kirby and all.[/QUOTE]

That is not true at all. You can run import games on a DSi. I've run the Oendan games on mine just fine. What is region locked on them is DSiWare, but only DSiWare. Cartridge games are not region locked.

However, you're right that this new Kirby game is likely to get a US release.

[quote name='Gden']Am I crazy or does this seem like a cross between kirby and the mario vs. donkeykong mini-land games.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking more along the lines of Canvas Curse, without the line drawing and platform oriented.

[quote name='crunchewy']What is region locked on them is DSiWare, but only DSiWare. Cartridge games are not region locked.[/QUOTE]

That's good to know.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='crunchewy']What is region locked on them is DSiWare, but only DSiWare. Cartridge games are not region locked.[/QUOTE]
Ahh, didn't know that (obviously :p).

[quote name='crunchewy']Cartridge games are not region locked.

[/QUOTE]

That is also incorrect. Any DSi enhanced game (such as Idol Master) are region locked and cannot play on DSi from a different region. They will work fine on Fat and DS lite. The only exception so far is Pokemon black and white, which are region free.

I want to play Luigi's Mansion 2. Now.

Edit: Ooops, thought I was in the 3DS thread. Afraid I don't care about Kirby much, but the trailer looked interesting. Played a few minutes of Epic Yarn at a GameStop and was promptly bored.

The fuck? Can you not eat enemies and gain powers anymore or will more be revealed? It may be the end of Kirby for me. Wario Land went a similar path after the first GB and VB games and became less fun -___-.

If you looking for an orignal style Kirby game, there's one coming out for the Wii and it looks excellent.

Regardless, I'm already sold on this awesome game.

[quote name='omster']If you looking for an orignal style Kirby game, there's one coming out for the Wii and it looks excellent.[/QUOTE]

Typical Nintendo, rehashing and/or changing up their tired old franchises.

[quote name='theflicker']Typical Nintendo, rehashing and/or changing up their tired old franchises.[/QUOTE]

Because Nintendo is the only company that does this, right?

[quote name='62t']That is also incorrect. Any DSi enhanced game (such as Idol Master) are region locked and cannot play on DSi from a different region. They will work fine on Fat and DS lite. The only exception so far is Pokemon black and white, which are region free.[/QUOTE]

So, would I be able to purchase a Japanese Black version and play it on my DS Lite?

[quote name='Vinny']Because Nintendo is the only company that does this, right?[/QUOTE]

I was joking . . .

Anyone know if any stores are getting this tomorrow, all the sites say release the 19th not ship so I'm hoping its like 90% of nintendo's other games, and the stores get it early just can't sell it til the release date. (specifically want to know if best buy is getting it)

[quote name='Gden']Anyone know if any stores are getting this tomorrow, all the sites say release the 19th not ship so I'm hoping its like 90% of nintendo's other games, and the stores get it early just can't sell it til the release date. (specifically want to know if best buy is getting it)[/QUOTE]
My gamestop is not getting any till at least Tuesday. I went in there yesterday to check and trade some games in for it because I thought it came out yesterday like a lot of Nintendo games and he told me no it comes out the 20th. I did preorder it so hopefully it comes out tomorrow because I have to head up that way anyway.

Edit: fuck, don't buy this game at gamestop. I just discovered they are selling the game for $35 when every other retailer is selling it for $30. Oh well I already paid off the game. No reason buying it somewhere else since I used credit on it mostly.

[quote name='Gden']Anyone know if any stores are getting this tomorrow, all the sites say release the 19th not ship so I'm hoping its like 90% of nintendo's other games, and the stores get it early just can't sell it til the release date. (specifically want to know if best buy is getting it)[/QUOTE]

YMMV, but when I stopped there this afternoon I was told that it hadn't come in yet, but it showed up as releasing today in BB's computer system.

Yeah, went to BB today, and got the runaround by the guy who was working the game section. He was an idiot who had no idea what he was talking about. I wouldn't care as much if the nearest game store wasn't over 30 minutes away.

same thing with DQM J2
called GAmestop cause i had pre ordered both and the guy was like
"dude games come out of tuesday bro"

i nearly wanted to throw my phone and saw but your damn website syas it comes out today.
so i just hung up and got a call from Gamestop fairy people that said my game will be in tomorrow

Got my game today. Just bet the first level. It's a fun little game, and I am going to play more now.

Basically how it works is you eat fruit and once you get so many fruit points you spawn a new Kirby up to 10. You use multiple kirbys to do stuff. If your kirby gets hit twice in a row, you have a chance to save it quick. If not it dies and if you lose all of your kirbys it's game over. It's different but fun.

Edit: Played a bit more. I fucking love this game now. It's just awesome.

This game is really fun. The stylus controls work pretty well but when you're trying to move the mass of kirby's quickly it can be kind of innaccurate. I guess that's part of the design though, that they're scrambling about everywhere.

I downloaded the demo Saturday morning. Ended up buying the game Saturday afternoon and my daughter and I are sharing it. This game is great.

bread's done
Back