Kirby Ultra Super Deluxe announced!

If they were going to make another Kirby game on the DS, I said I wanted it to either be another Canvas Curse or a port/remake of Super Star. I'm gettting one of those, so I'm satisfied!

[quote name='pete5883']Ugh why aren't they making another Canvas Curse?[/quote]

Agreed. It's still one of my top played DS games. Canvas Curse was a huge and utterly brilliant step in the right direction for touch control platform games. Oh well... maybe they are adapting Canvas Curse to Wii...

-Dr. Ugly

[quote name='pete5883']Ugh why aren't they making another Canvas Curse?[/QUOTE]

I'd like another Canvas Curse too but a remake of Superstar works for me.:)

I was only so-so on Canvas Curse, it was a good game, but the novelty had worn off for me by the end. I'd probably prefer a new Kirby/good remake as I just prefer platformers with traditional, full control. NSMB is still my favorite DS game.

[quote name='banpeikun']i'm going to lol if this is the real title of the game[/quote]

I believe the Japanese title of 'Kirby Super Star' was 'Kirby Super Deluxe', so they're really just adding an 'Ultra' in there.

So folowing that logic the US name of this game will probably be 'Kirby Ultra Super Star'.

never got to play superstar so i'm excited for this

btw anyone else think this sounds like something outta a fast food restaurant?

My kids will love this as they love KSS, but as for me, I'd much rather they stopped getting us to pay X times for the same game and instead put the effort into a new title. I'll get it for the kids, but I want a new Kirby, not a remake.

I wonder what new stuff they're going to put into this one? When they remade Adventure, you could play as Metaknight when you beat the game, so maybe the same for this one?

remakes are better than 80% of new stuff anyhow, so i don't have a problem with it. i'd rather have a remake of a good game than a new game that's got a 80% chance of not even being as good (see: squeak squad).

It needed a better multiplayer. That was a serious crime in my eyes. Just mini-games? Why not co-op adventure or something?

[quote name='Mr. Beef']It needed a better multiplayer. That was a serious crime in my eyes. Just mini-games? Why not co-op adventure or something?[/quote]

It appears that co-op adventure is a dirty phrase for Nintendo. Are there any true co-op games for the DS?

As for remakes being better than new, that's defeatest and pointless. I don't understand why you'd want to play a slightly changed version of a game you've already played. Even it is "better" than some new game, you've already played it. In fact, you've already paid for it. If they want to give away a new version for free I'm all for that, but that isn't what they are going to do. No, I'd rather take a chance on/have hope for a new game. Maybe it will be worse. Maybe it will be better. Maybe it will be just as good. In any case it's one you haven't played yet nor already paid for.

I wonder how many Kirby games includes in Kirby Ultra Super Deluxe version ?? Back on the SNES i don't have $$$ enough to buy this $ucker but i'll now whenever it comeout.

[quote name='Masterkyo']I wonder how many Kirby games includes in Kirby Ultra Super Deluxe version ?? Back on the SNES i don't have $$$ enough to buy this $ucker but i'll now whenever it comeout.[/quote]

Kirby Superstar had 9 games. Five of them are full fledges platforming games, while four of them were like minigames. I don't remember their names, but one was a samurai timing game, one was a strength timing game, one was a race against DeDeDe, and one was some sort of endurance challenge.

I hope this comes to the US, but if it doesn't I wouldn't think twice about importing it. I loved Superstar.

bread's done
Back