Kmart: 360 Guitar Hero World Tour + Guitar 19.99

sgr76

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Could be YMMV but this is one of the few guitars that work with most (if not all) of the hero/band games. These things die fast and replacements are scarce & pricey. I may go back and get another and just sell the new games on ebay since I already have ghwt

[quote name='jb0Ogi3']I have a real guitar. I play real songs on it. In real life. It's awesome.[/QUOTE]

I totally know what you're saying, man. That's the same reason why I don't play any of the Hitman games. :lol:

Why are Guitar Hero guitars "scarce and pricey" now? Or are you refering very specifically to WT guitars on 360.

Didn't they literally drop a ton of GH guitars into a volcano? I was at GameStop last week and some mom was trading in a pile of her sons games and she asked about the guitar. The guy said she can't get any trade in credit for it, but if she gave it to them they would "give it away free to someone who needed one."

I don't know how true the charity of GameStop is, but still - scarce and pricey? Really?

Also, hasn't the trolling of "play real instruments" gotten old yet? It's been like 6 years. If you didn't get your "jokes" in before now, why bother?

[quote name='Indiana Jones']I totally know what you're saying, man. That's the same reason why I don't play any of the Hitman games. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Nice!

To answer the last poster, last time I checked gamestop stopped selling
Those instruments. This may have changed but thats not the point since you can find tons of them at pawn shops and such. The problem is, you are paying the same price for a used instrument that may or may not work or will or not work for long. For the same price u can get a brand new guitar that will work with all the games and doesn't already have hello kitty stickers on it. Sounds like a win/win to me.

[quote name='jb0Ogi3']I have a real guitar. I play real songs on it. In real life. It's awesome.[/QUOTE]

What band are you in? I want to buy your album and see you when you are on tour.

I believe that the reason that Gamestop does not buy the guitars used any more is because of quality control. I own a small video game store and we get a lot of Rock Band/Guitar Hero stuff in and probably more than 50% of the time there are broken whammy bars, strum bars or on the detachable neck Les Pauls...the orange button doesn't work.

In terms of scarcity, consider that Rock Band has not made an entire band kit since Rock Band 2 or Beatles. I mean, if you want the whole band you had better still have one left over because it doesn't seem like they are going to make that stuff ever again.

Just FYI, activision has stopped development on the Guitar Hero franchise. I'd recommend grabbing Rick Band 3 which is only $20 now and has 1000's of songs available to purchase online and gets more every week.

Just a better investment and no, I don't work for Harmonix :)

Ugh I hate having to travel to Kmart there is only one that I know located in Manhattan and there selection is pretty bad.

[quote name='jond76']Just FYI, activision has stopped development on the Guitar Hero franchise. I'd recommend grabbing Rick Band 3 which is only $20 now and has 1000's of songs available to purchase online and gets more every week.

Just a better investment and no, I don't work for Harmonix :)[/QUOTE]

the reason to buy this is not for world tour at all. Its for the guitar.

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']What band are you in? I want to buy your album and see you when you are on tour.[/QUOTE]

I'm not in one yet...but I figured instead of spending 2-3 hours a day playing a plastic instrument I might as well spend that time playing the real thing. So two years ago I started guitar and I'm pretty good now looking to start a band :lol:

P.S. Rocksmith is going to be the best guitar game ever, in case you haven't heard of it.

Rick band 3? Really? Try Hard! By the way, the majority of the songs on rock band 3 SUCK!!! Except for John Lennon-Imagine but 90% of the songs suck. Good deal on WT with guitar, thanks op

so do I and I've been playing for 20 years, whats your point? I still enjoy playing GH & RB games, apples and oranges my friend

[quote name='Indiana Jones']I totally know what you're saying, man. That's the same reason why I don't play any of the Hitman games. :lol:[/QUOTE]LOL

[quote name='jond76']Just FYI, activision has stopped development on the Guitar Hero franchise. I'd recommend grabbing Rick Band 3 which is only $20 now and has 1000's of songs available to purchase online and gets more every week.

Just a better investment and no, I don't work for Harmonix :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mannysgoldglove']Never heard of it :D[/QUOTE]You know, Rick Band:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0&feature=player_detailpage

I did a similar thing with GH5. I have a guitar/game bundle sealed up (I sold the game though) just for the spare guitar. I've invested far too much into Rock Band to not have a backup controller. For me the GH5 controller was the best.

I'm not very fond of the way the rock band guitar feels. The guitar hero one is my favorite. I have convinced myself to get another one. I will just sell the games on ebay

[quote name='sgr76']I'm not very fond of the way the rock band guitar feels. The guitar hero one is my favorite. I have convinced myself to get another one. I will just sell the games on ebay[/QUOTE]

I'm not a fan of the RB guitars also. I like the little click you get with the strum bar on GH controllers.

Wow, intoxicated, who peed in your cheerios? So auto correct failed me. Rick/Rock, just trying to help. Although I'd totally buy Never Gonna Give You Up in Rock Band :)

The GHWT guitar is the worst one they've ever made.. WT < GH5 < Xplorer < Les Paul/WoR, in my opinion. I bought an entire WT instrument set off eBay for like $30 a few months ago, just to have them, but ended up never using them just because of the poor quality.

[quote name='ZForce915']I did a similar thing with GH5. I have a guitar/game bundle sealed up (I sold the game though) just for the spare guitar. I've invested far too much into Rock Band to not have a backup controller. For me the GH5 controller was the best.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mahgin86']The GHWT guitar is the worst one they've ever made.. WT < GH5 < Xplorer < Les Paul/WoR, in my opinion. I bought an entire WT instrument set off eBay for like $30 a few months ago, just to have them, but ended up never using them just because of the poor quality.[/QUOTE]

The GHWT one is my favorite, though I haven't tried the GH5 or Warriors of Rock ones.

When TRU had the GH Warriors bundle for $50 and B1G1 I picked up 2 just to have extra guitars since they are so hard to find now. My GHWT whammy bar broke (think my kid stepped on it :bomb:). I already sold one of the WoR games to someone in Chile for $35 so that paid for one set. I was going to keep the other but since I'll probably never play it I might as well sell that too - netting me free backup guitars.

I may pick up one of these GHWT sets at Kmart if it is not YMMV. Problem is, the GHWT game is pretty much worthless (and I already own a copy).

But basically ever since Gamestop stopped taking in RB/GH guitar peripherals the prices have gone way up (even for new ones). And of course with no one making them any more they are getting hard to find except as part of these clearanced bundles. The good news is that there seems to be a lot of these bundles still out there so I'm sure there will be many opportunities to stock up with clearance prices in the years to come.

Both WT guitars I had had the same problems; they squeaked like hell when strummed, and they both were.. off with the strumming. Either it would overstrum or wouldn't register the strum. If you strum a WT guitar, then the GH5 guitar, it's a whole different feeling (even though other than the strummer and the chrome tips on the head, they're the same exact guitar).

I opened up and hardwired the neck to the body of my original Les Paul, and it's still the best guitar I've owned. Much better than GH:WT and any RB controller. I only got to use GH:WoW in-store once and liked it very much, so I'll hopefully find a bundle cheap sooner than later.

That being said, I just texted my brother who works at our local Kmart, and said the closest thing to cheap they have is the Beatles bundle for $79.

bread's done
Back