Kmart buy 2 get 1 free "not" just clearance. YMMV

Carbonite

CAGiversary!
I know the advert says it but I am in store here and every game is buy 2 get one even new releases.

I asked the guy and he said its an error but one they must honor.

Its funny even dishonored got printed out as a sticker for this price. To bad you can't reserve at Kmart.

EDIT:
Just wanted to clarify some things here since I typed that from my phone earlier.

There are little stickers my local store uses to denote sales at the case. The guy there had some stickers up but wasnt finished, he let me look through those stickers. Most every game was there, even games that were not out yet. Like Dishonored and Doom BFG Edition. Anyhow, obviously this mistake was made at the printing either by a human or by the computer. The stores that this is happening at is printing stickers for most everything in there system that says, buy two get one free of equal or lesser value.

Now, I talked to the manager at my store and as far as he is concerned it is not an error and will run the sale all week.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Carbonite']he said its an error but one they must honor.[/QUOTE]

Unless he also said every Kmart has to honor it, this is most likely YMMV.

How does it show up on the receipt? Could I buy Borderlands 2 with 2 other games and return one and keep the free game?

[quote name='JohnnyCage']How does it show up on the receipt? Could I buy Borderlands 2 with 2 other games and return one and keep the free game?[/QUOTE]

Yes that is exactly how it works

[quote name='JohnnyCage']How does it show up on the receipt? Could I buy Borderlands 2 with 2 other games and return one and keep the free game?[/QUOTE]
No, you need to return the 2 games and keep the free game, and do this N times to get N free games.

I'm pretty sure you can simply just buy one and get one free. Kmart would rather not waste its time dealing with returns.

Yes, free games for the whole country.

Welcome to CAG.

Just tell them what you're planning to do ahead of time and they'll let you take as many games as you want for free

[quote name='.Azaria']Is everyone serious with the free game or just trolling here? o_O[/QUOTE]

Sadly if you've ever worked retail and had this sale, someone will seriously ask you EVERY time... Common sense does not work for the average customer.

[quote name='KtMack23']Just tell them what you're planning to do ahead of time and they'll let you take as many games as you want for free[/QUOTE]

Seems kinda inefficient to bother with all that paperwork and money transfers. Since he'll be getting the games for free anyway, he should just grab as many as he can in his arms and walk out of the store.

This simplifies the process.

[quote name='ea_woods']I'm pretty sure you can simply just buy one and get one free. Kmart would rather not waste its time dealing with returns.[/QUOTE]

I knew ways to commit fraud would soon come into this thread

[quote name='Carbonite']I know the add says it but I am in store here and every game is buy 2 get one even new releases.

Its funny even dishonored got printed out as a sticker for this price. To bad you can't reserve at Kmart.[/QUOTE]

My Kmart was also like this. But as I mentioned in the KMart ad thread, it may not be programmed. At least the clearance games weren't and they were actually in the ad.

[quote name='Carbonite']I know the add says it but I am in store here and every game is buy 2 get one even new releases.

Its funny even dishonored got printed out as a sticker for this price. To bad you can't reserve at Kmart.[/QUOTE]

Another person in another threrad said it required manager override. How did your purchase go?

[quote name='Frahps']Sadly if you've ever worked retail and had this sale, someone will seriously ask you EVERY time... Common sense does not work for the average customer.[/QUOTE]

I meant with the returning and keeping the free one, even tho that is fraud

Just confirmed, my local Kmart in Winston-Salem, NC let me do 30 separate transactions, for a total of 60 games and 30 free games. Then, they let me return every game I paid for and walk out with the 30 free games. They let me keep all my SYWR points too.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kvntwvlf']Just confirmed, my local Kmart in Winston-Salem, NC let me do 5 separate transactions, for a total of 10 games and 5 free games. Then, they let me return every game I paid for and walk out with the 5 free games. They let me keep all my SYWR points too.[/QUOTE]

Please don't encourage this please cause they will catch on eventually.

[quote name='kvntwvlf']Just confirmed, my local Kmart in Winston-Salem, NC let me do 5 separate transactions, for a total of 10 games and 5 free games. Then, they let me return every game I paid for and walk out with the 5 free games. They let me keep all my SYWR points too.[/QUOTE]

Site name is Cheap Ass Gamers, not Fraudulent Asshole Gamers. SlickDeals would love to have you.

forgetting the return fraud aspect (B2G1 free is a good enough deal)

If this is still live on Tuesday I wonder if you buy copies of FIFA and other $59.99 games if you'll get the Gaming Coupons for FIFA

[quote name='GBAstar']forgetting the return fraud aspect (B2G1 free is a good enough deal)

If this is still live on Tuesday I wonder if you buy copies of FIFA and other $59.99 games if you'll get the Gaming Coupons for FIFA[/QUOTE]

Don't see why not cause GC print out don't they?

[quote name='cdeener']Please don't encourage this please cause they will catch on eventually.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='apterous']Site name is Cheap Ass Gamers, not Fraudulent Asshole Gamers. SlickDeals would love to have you.[/QUOTE]

Whoosh.

[quote name='GreyFox787']So, has anyone confirmed at least if the B2G1 on ALL games is working at other locations?[/QUOTE]
It is just clearance. The op probably got lucky with a manager who decided to do an override for him.

Non-clearance games weren't ringing up so getting any is very ymmv.

Instead, I got:

1 God of War Origins red dualshock 3 bundle $45
1 Uncharted 1 & 2 blue dualshock 3 bundle $45
1 God of War Origins red dualshock 3 bundle Free

Total: $90

i would try it but after blowing

100 bucks on 4 kingdom hearts 3ds games to flip to amazon and best buy for even money (and free game)
85 bucks on 6 walmart vita game to flip to amazon (end up with 1 of each game free)

185 cash i not spending any more cash on video games until thanksgiving unless gamefly has a Hell of a deal on POKEMON BLACK 2 (less then 25 i would buy it )

[quote name='rpmboy']Unless he also said every Kmart has to honor it, this is most likely YMMV.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have tried to get Kmart to honor ads that were mistakes and mine simply would not do it.

[quote name='PublikDefender']It is just clearance. The op probably got lucky with a manager who decided to do an override for him.

Non-clearance games weren't ringing up so getting any is very ymmv.

Instead, I got:

1 God of War Origins red dualshock 3 bundle $45
1 Uncharted 1 & 2 blue dualshock 3 bundle $45
1 God of War Origins red dualshock 3 bundle Free

Total: $90[/QUOTE]

This did not require an override? I was just in my local store and the bundles did not ring up as b2g1 free.

OK, I am home now.

I went to two separate Kmarts today, one in Michigan and one in Toledo.
The one in Michigan is the one that had the deal. Toledo did not.

If you guys know their red and white stickers when they have sales that they stick to the case, those are what was denoting the sale.

I did not buy anything because I already have the new games. :(

Anyhow, the guy had a bunch of pages of the stickers to put up and I looked through them. They had everything on there. Even Dishonored was on the stickers. He said the sale was buy 2 get 1 free on most everything so its likely that the machine just printed out one sticker for all the games in their system.

Its a good for us bug if your local had the same thing happen.

[quote name='Maineavalanche']Yeah, I have tried to get Kmart to honor ads that were mistakes and mine simply would not do it.[/QUOTE]
Actually in this case the in store stickers denote the sale in which case they have to honor it. So if you find a store with the stickers, you get the deal.

[quote name='kerouac kid']This did not require an override? I was just in my local store and the bundles did not ring up as b2g1 free.[/QUOTE]
It didn't ring up automatically. None of the clearance games (bundles or not) rang up correctly at my store. But scanning a game allowed them to tell whether the game was clearance or not, and thus eligible for the sale. Then they did the override. I could not get them to allow me to buy any non-clearance games though.

I went and bought 1000 video games, 500 free! fucking crazy deal. Kmart sale = Sale of the year! Hopefully bestbuy does a "free as fuck" day and you can just go walk in, grab what you want and walk the FUUUUCCCCCCKKKKK out,

[quote name='StealOfADeal']I went and bought 1000 video games, 500 free! fucking crazy deal. Kmart sale = Sale of the year! Hopefully bestbuy does a "free as fuck" day and you can just go walk in, grab what you want and walk the FUUUUCCCCCCKKKKK out,[/QUOTE]

L to the O to the L.

HOLY S*IT...IT WORKS ON CONSOLES TOO!
THEY HAD A BUNCH OF WII U's IN THE BACK AND I GOT ALL OF THEM...FLIPPING THEM NOW ON CRAIGSLIST AND EBAY!!!!!
B E S T S A L E E V E R ! ! ! !

[quote name='postaboy']lol just got denied for 3 copies of Metroid Prime Trilogy Wii ($49.99 each).[/QUOTE]

What? How are people still finding copies on shelves? I can't find that game fricking anywhere! It's so expensive even for a used copy- unless you find it new at a store, which is nearly impossible.

[quote name='kvntwvlf']Just confirmed, my local Kmart in Winston-Salem, NC let me do 30 separate transactions, for a total of 60 games and 30 free games. Then, they let me return every game I paid for and walk out with the 30 free games. They let me keep all my SYWR points too.[/QUOTE]

Your statement doesn't hold water because the deal is B2G1 free, not B1G1 free. Sound like a load of bull to me.

[quote name='yazman']Your statement doesn't hold water because the deal is B2G1 free, not B1G1 free. Sound like a load of bull to me.[/QUOTE]

1. He was joking.

2. His math adds up (30 transactions = 90 games = 60 regular + 30 free).

[quote name='StealOfADeal']I went and bought 1000 video games, 500 free! fucking crazy deal. Kmart sale = Sale of the year! Hopefully bestbuy does a "free as fuck" day and you can just go walk in, grab what you want and walk the FUUUUCCCCCCKKKKK out,[/QUOTE]

This site is suppose to be about actual, real, factual information that can help fellow CAG'ers. Not lame, preposterous, ridiculous, fabricated hogwash! Get real or get out!

[quote name='Nintendonly']So Kmart doesn't do this on the receipts?

Game 1- $xx.xx
Game 2- $xx.xx
Game 3- $0.00[/QUOTE]

I went to (2) stores and at each they rung up (1) game for $0.01 to get the sale to work but I had a set of games with identical prices. I'm not sure how they would ring it if all the games were different prices as they can't ring a game for $0.00.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']1. He was joking.

2. His math adds up (30 transactions = 90 games = 60 regular + 30 free).[/QUOTE]

My "bad" about the math but his story is still silly. Oh well, I guess we can all have a good laugh since he doesn't have anything worthwhile to offer.

[quote name='Tygamr']What? How are people still finding copies on shelves? I can't find that game fricking anywhere! It's so expensive even for a used copy- unless you find it new at a store, which is nearly impossible.[/QUOTE]

Go to a Kmart in the Ghetto.

[quote name='postaboy']lol just got denied for 3 copies of Metroid Prime Trilogy Wii ($49.99 each).[/QUOTE]

Are you serious? I'd buy them all at msrp if I were you

It's true the manager had to override for my checkout. I was at the Kmart in las Vegas. The one on las Vegas Blvd and Pecos. By the outdoor swapmeet.

bread's done
Back