Kmart OFFICIALLY PHASING OUT GAMES SECTION. 20% Off Games Accessories! Clearance DEALS INSIDE! Post your finds here!

Caffeinefree

CAGiversary!
EDIT - If you see any deals in your local Kmart post it in this thread. Spread the love. This post is no longer being curated so check the last post for YMMV local deals. 

20% OFF SALE ON NOW UNTIL THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE. (*Gwarr... Brains...*)

NOTICE

I am no longer affiliated with Kmart, so this isn't getting any future updates. Stay tuned to the latest post in the comment section. THANKS!

I looked into the plan for this fire-sale, and apparently they'll be rolling out clearance deals for the whole section. So 20% off, then 50%, or whatever comes to pass. Looks like different regions are getting different sales sooner than others, as well as higher volume stores getting different sales than lower ones. IF YOU HAVE INSIDE INFO, POST IN THIS THREAD SO CAGS IN YOUR AREA CAN GET A HEADS UP.

TIPS & TRICKS

• All deals are YMMV.
  • Kmart bases it's clearance on how long an item has been in stock. It takes a few weeks, but even the most expensive items go on clearance.
  • ALWAYS ASK SOMEONE TO SCAN AN ITEM FOR YOU. Most older games are on clearance, but have not been labeled as such.
  • Lookout for "penny items", items that have been on shelf for so long they've been clearanced down to 0.01. They won't sell for that, but it's a great way to get GTA IV for $2.00, for example.
  • TAKE A PICTURE AND PRICE MATCH.  For Walmart and other retailers, this is all they need to price match. Make sure the label is clearly visible and don't forget to post it here and share the love. 

Background Info
So I am an employee of Kmart and happened to see this memo pass through my local store. I can't repeat it verbatim, and I couldn't get a picture of the message due to being constantly on camera.

Basically the memo stated the "exit strategy" for the games section in retail stores. Stating that this was in essence brought on by having overstocked shelves (bwa hahaha) and not enough customers. However Kmart.com, Sears.com, and Shopyourwayrewards.com, would continue to sell games and consoles to meet peoples needs. So they're switching focus from retail to online.

The message continued to explain to sell down merch and fill the empty space with other merch. Eventually to clearance out the whole section if it didn't sell down.

So firstly, wait. Just wait and deals will come.

As a customer I have to say that Kmart has had nothing but crappy deals for the past few years. (On games) Focusing on SYWR points and mediocre sales to bring in customers rather than staying competitive with Amazon, Walmart, and pretty much any retailer that will actually give a deep discount. Therefore they have shot themselves in the foot and driven away most business. As a result of that they face what I call "the burger problem".

When Kmart doesn't get games in to sell, they can't sell them. But instead of getting more stock I guess they just say "X person doesn't want Y game". This is just like a survey of a small town saying no one in the town likes burgers, because no one eats burgers. Only to find out there is nowhere to eat burgers in the first place.

Why doesn't Kmart get games to sell? I don't know if Kmart as a whole does this, or just my store, but we don't get games on a truck. We get them in sporadically via UPS, and never before release date. We get limited quantities and then get restocks oddly. Over the holidays I got dozens of calls for titles we wouldn't get in for weeks. During Christmas we only got a handful of Xbox Ones and no PS4s, and since then only one Wii U and one 3DS XL, which may have been returns. In short they could be making money, but there is just some really bad policies in place that leave plenty of customers walking out the door. 

Then on top of that we barely make any money in markup. We buy games basically at cost, given only a few dollars. I've seen games we bought for 58.50 selling for $60. Same for all peripherals, a 20 charger may have costed 12 for us. I was really shocked about this when I first started looking into it. Whereas other sections of the store have a markup that's understandable. 

So now after all this poor management, they're getting rid of what has always been the best part of the electronics section - games. I remember there being something said about "better serving our customer's needs", the problem in the first place was that they didn't serve our needs. For the most part they were poorly stocked, AND THIS HAS KILLED THEM THE MOST.

YMMV DEALS -  Post below if you find a deal in your area! Post here if you find a deal in your area! 

:360: Xbox 360 DEALS  :360:

Select titles 20+% off

:xb1: Xbox One Deals  :xb1:

Select titles 20+% off

:ps3: PS3 DEALS  :ps3:

Select titles 20+% off

:ps4: PS4 DEALS  :ps4:

Select titles 20+% off

:vita: VITA DEALS  :vita:

Select titles 20+% off

:wiiu: Wii U / Wii DEALS  :wii:

20%off

:3ds: 3DS / DS DEALS  :ds:

3DS XL - @190 @ 20%off

[+..••] Accessories DEALS [+..••]

Afterglow Universal Headset - $30

:xb1: Xbox One Charge Kit - $20

Giotek EX-05 Universal Headset - $20

Thanks again. Remember to post your deals in the comment section.  :)

EDIT - KMART CLEARANCE 2.1 thread, added consoles, added tips, condensed backstory down into spoiler, erected a sofa, planted seeds for world domination. Just check the last post for local deals.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Lucked out big time at the Moorestown, NJ K-Mart; they had a Wii Motion Plus Remote for the Wii (so it was the older Wii controller, without the Wii U listed on the box, but with the Motion Plus built-into the remote); the yellow clearance sticker price was $38, but it scanned for $7.50!

RIP KMart...thanks for the memories.

So right know what is the discount?? and when does change??

I want some cheap cheap games even if my kmart has like 10 things only :S

Went to kmart yesterday...

3ds monster high 13 wishes $6

ps4 Assassins creed: black flag - $39.99

NO THANKS JEFF...

But they're infinity 2.0's were $27

Only two area Kmart's near me now but they are pretty much completely wiped. Did find one copy of DI 2.0 for PS4, was marked down to $21.60 and I had $5 in rewards points. Don't have a PS4 and already have it for XBONE so I figure I can offer it up or sale or trade.

I never had any success at my local Kmart even when they had games but today I went in for something else and happened to look in the electronics section and found this for $7.60. This is my first souls game so I am excited to give it a try. They also had Dragon Age Inquisition for :360: for $10.00 which I might pick up tomorrow. The rest of the stuff was all accessories I did not pay much attention to. This was the Kmart in Hamilton, NJ. 

[attachment=15476:Dark Souls 2.jpg]

I never had any success at my local Kmart even when they had games but today I went in for something else and happened to look in the electronics section and found this for $7.60. This is my first souls game so I am excited to give it a try. They also had Dragon Age Inquisition for :360: for $10.00 which I might pick up tomorrow. The rest of the stuff was all accessories I did not pay much attention to. This was the Kmart in Hamilton, NJ.

attachicon.gif
Dark Souls 2.jpg
Nice pickups my local stores have been picked clean, rip Kmart

I did it you guys. I knew I had my chance when I walked in the door. I cashed in my Money in the Bank contract at Wrestlemania. AND I WON THE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP! I retrieved all of the games I hid and bought them up, nearly for free after my Kmart SWYR points I was hoarding. Part of my haul.

Far Cry 4 PS4 $7.60

Watch Doges PS3 $4.90

LEGO Star Wars DS $2.40

LEGO Star Wars III DS $5.20

Thief PS4 $4.90

After my points, I only paid $2.80! Suck it, John Cena! The champ is here!

I did it you guys. I knew I had my chance when I walked in the door. I cashed in my Money in the Bank contract at Wrestlemania. AND I WON THE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP! I retrieved all of the games I hid and bought them up, nearly for free after my Kmart SWYR points I was hoarding. Part of my haul.

Far Cry 4 PS4 $7.60

Watch Doges PS3 $4.90

LEGO Star Wars DS $2.40

LEGO Star Wars III DS $5.20

Thief PS4 $4.90

After my points, I only paid $2.80! Suck it, John Cena! The champ is here!
Nice! I was hoping to find some PS4 titles at my location since I am picking one up next month but no luck.

Went back to the Passaic, NJ a week ago to see what they had left from last time.

They had

3x Sunset Overdrives for $9.80 (which I picked up for friends)

3x Alien Isolation Nostromo Edition for PS3 for $9.60 (picked up 2x for my brother and myself)

2x Dark Souls 2 for X360 for $8.80

1x Dark Souls 2 for PS3 for $8.80 (I would have picked this up if the plastic wasn't ripped open) :/

1x The Evil Within for X360 for $9.80

I go tthis last week:

Vita AC charger: $1.20

I got these because because they were $1

Michael Jackson PS3: $1

Disney Sing it PS3: $1

The store had an open cosmo 3DS, no charger, box, nothing but the 3DS, $60… Was tempted but decided against it for now since it was not pristine.

I did it you guys. I knew I had my chance when I walked in the door. I cashed in my Money in the Bank contract at Wrestlemania. AND I WON THE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP!
Thank god someone took my title. I've been begging someone to take it for 2 months.

Thank god someone took my title. I've been begging someone to take it for 2 months.
That's not the kind of World Heavyweight Championship I'm talking about. I won the championship that makes me the undisputed best fake wrestler ever, not the fatass championship.

Went to the K-Mart in Nogales. Picked clean, save for a few random accessories and a lot of copies of Reel Fishing and Hollywood Squares (!?!?) for the Wii. If you love you some Kathy Griffin and Brad Garrett, here's your chance to clean up!

Went to the K-Mart in Nogales. Picked clean, save for a few random accessories and a lot of copies of Reel Fishing and Hollywood Squares (!?!?) for the Wii. If you love you some Kathy Griffin and Brad Garrett, here's your chance to clean up!
And Jeffrey Tambor.

It serves me right for being greedy, but I had stashed a PS4 Wolfenstein in the girls toy department and had been checking it regularly.  Last time I saw it, it rang up $9.80 and I was like "oh I bet it will go even lower!".

Famous last words, as it was never seen again.  Don't really mind though.  I played through most of it the first time around and have no HD space available and that game takes up a ton.

Oh... That's disturbing. I'm going today to check on the new prices. If this is true, then some of us are in trouble.
Lol. My kmart did not change the sign and still ranged up 80% off. I caved in and bought two Tiger woods pga tour 14 for $10 total.

I should have bought Tomodachi Life that randomly appeared. stupid employeed left it in the back room.

I forgot to see if the Wii nunchuck new was still there.

For some reason I did not buy Thief Ps4 for 7.80...

Michael Jacksons ps3

Dumb stuff.

Nano assaults.

MW3 PS3s

Your mileage may vary? Really? Why not say your results may vary? You know, actually type it out, instead of using an irrelevant acronym. I don't understand this world I guess.

This seems to be the official Kmart thread now so I am posting this here.

Mario party 10 for wiiu is 39.99 on Kmart.com. Not great by itself but if you have some shop your way points to burn it could be a solid deal.

http://www.kmart.com/mario-party-10-for-nintendo-wii-u/p-018W008575063001P

I had 20 dollars in surprise points on a 40 dollar purchases so I added a 99 cent pair of nail clippers. I found some screws that were cheaper but because they were sold through Sears my surprise points wouldn't work.

Despite not being able to use items sold by Sears for my Kmart surprise points, I chose the free ship to store option for the game and the pickup location is Sears. Classic Kmart

Your mileage may vary? Really? Why not say your results may vary? You know, actually type it out, instead of using an irrelevant acronym. I don't understand this world I guess.
"Your Milage May Vary" is a term from automobile ads. Factors such as under/over inflated tires, excessive speed, idling time, sudden acceleration/deceleration, brake wear, general engine maintenance, etc. can greatly reduce the distance one is able to travel on a gallon of gasoline. So whenever manufacturers advertise a vehicle's fuel effeciency they will include the disclaimer that "Your mileage may vary."

Colloquially, it means that you may not get the same results as other people. "YMMV" is just easier to type than the full phrase.

Not games, but I got a 32GB PNY Class 4 SDHC card for free yesterday after SYWR surprise points.

Price was $6, and I had $6 in point expiring.

Most of the stores around me have gotten rid of all the gaming stuff at this point.

bread's done
Back