Kmart OFFICIALLY PHASING OUT GAMES SECTION. 20% Off Games Accessories! Clearance DEALS INSIDE! Post your finds here!

Caffeinefree

CAGiversary!
EDIT - If you see any deals in your local Kmart post it in this thread. Spread the love. This post is no longer being curated so check the last post for YMMV local deals. 

20% OFF SALE ON NOW UNTIL THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE. (*Gwarr... Brains...*)

NOTICE

I am no longer affiliated with Kmart, so this isn't getting any future updates. Stay tuned to the latest post in the comment section. THANKS!

I looked into the plan for this fire-sale, and apparently they'll be rolling out clearance deals for the whole section. So 20% off, then 50%, or whatever comes to pass. Looks like different regions are getting different sales sooner than others, as well as higher volume stores getting different sales than lower ones. IF YOU HAVE INSIDE INFO, POST IN THIS THREAD SO CAGS IN YOUR AREA CAN GET A HEADS UP.

TIPS & TRICKS

• All deals are YMMV.
  • Kmart bases it's clearance on how long an item has been in stock. It takes a few weeks, but even the most expensive items go on clearance.
  • ALWAYS ASK SOMEONE TO SCAN AN ITEM FOR YOU. Most older games are on clearance, but have not been labeled as such.
  • Lookout for "penny items", items that have been on shelf for so long they've been clearanced down to 0.01. They won't sell for that, but it's a great way to get GTA IV for $2.00, for example.
  • TAKE A PICTURE AND PRICE MATCH.  For Walmart and other retailers, this is all they need to price match. Make sure the label is clearly visible and don't forget to post it here and share the love. 

Background Info
So I am an employee of Kmart and happened to see this memo pass through my local store. I can't repeat it verbatim, and I couldn't get a picture of the message due to being constantly on camera.

Basically the memo stated the "exit strategy" for the games section in retail stores. Stating that this was in essence brought on by having overstocked shelves (bwa hahaha) and not enough customers. However Kmart.com, Sears.com, and Shopyourwayrewards.com, would continue to sell games and consoles to meet peoples needs. So they're switching focus from retail to online.

The message continued to explain to sell down merch and fill the empty space with other merch. Eventually to clearance out the whole section if it didn't sell down.

So firstly, wait. Just wait and deals will come.

As a customer I have to say that Kmart has had nothing but crappy deals for the past few years. (On games) Focusing on SYWR points and mediocre sales to bring in customers rather than staying competitive with Amazon, Walmart, and pretty much any retailer that will actually give a deep discount. Therefore they have shot themselves in the foot and driven away most business. As a result of that they face what I call "the burger problem".

When Kmart doesn't get games in to sell, they can't sell them. But instead of getting more stock I guess they just say "X person doesn't want Y game". This is just like a survey of a small town saying no one in the town likes burgers, because no one eats burgers. Only to find out there is nowhere to eat burgers in the first place.

Why doesn't Kmart get games to sell? I don't know if Kmart as a whole does this, or just my store, but we don't get games on a truck. We get them in sporadically via UPS, and never before release date. We get limited quantities and then get restocks oddly. Over the holidays I got dozens of calls for titles we wouldn't get in for weeks. During Christmas we only got a handful of Xbox Ones and no PS4s, and since then only one Wii U and one 3DS XL, which may have been returns. In short they could be making money, but there is just some really bad policies in place that leave plenty of customers walking out the door. 

Then on top of that we barely make any money in markup. We buy games basically at cost, given only a few dollars. I've seen games we bought for 58.50 selling for $60. Same for all peripherals, a 20 charger may have costed 12 for us. I was really shocked about this when I first started looking into it. Whereas other sections of the store have a markup that's understandable. 

So now after all this poor management, they're getting rid of what has always been the best part of the electronics section - games. I remember there being something said about "better serving our customer's needs", the problem in the first place was that they didn't serve our needs. For the most part they were poorly stocked, AND THIS HAS KILLED THEM THE MOST.

YMMV DEALS -  Post below if you find a deal in your area! Post here if you find a deal in your area! 

:360: Xbox 360 DEALS  :360:

Select titles 20+% off

:xb1: Xbox One Deals  :xb1:

Select titles 20+% off

:ps3: PS3 DEALS  :ps3:

Select titles 20+% off

:ps4: PS4 DEALS  :ps4:

Select titles 20+% off

:vita: VITA DEALS  :vita:

Select titles 20+% off

:wiiu: Wii U / Wii DEALS  :wii:

20%off

:3ds: 3DS / DS DEALS  :ds:

3DS XL - @190 @ 20%off

[+..••] Accessories DEALS [+..••]

Afterglow Universal Headset - $30

:xb1: Xbox One Charge Kit - $20

Giotek EX-05 Universal Headset - $20

Thanks again. Remember to post your deals in the comment section.  :)

EDIT - KMART CLEARANCE 2.1 thread, added consoles, added tips, condensed backstory down into spoiler, erected a sofa, planted seeds for world domination. Just check the last post for local deals.  

Last edited by a moderator:
The Kmart I went to today had some Xbones WITH Kinects for $475. Not sure if they were 20% off though. Do you guys know if the consoles ring up 20% off? I feel if no one knows that, I might be able to luck out and get one for 50% off unless they send them back like everyone else does.
not tonight[attachment=12634:IMG_4999.JPG]

This might be the worst liquidation clearance of all time. KMarts were always a bit diverse on how their retro gaming section was set up, but reading this thread just seems like there is nothing of substantial value to be obtained.

...except that guy who got some display stuff, so his 90s gaming collection can look more complete!

Consoles will only be 10% off, once they start being discounted. They are independent of the games...at least that is how kmart did it in the past.

25% off games, 15% off accessories in Georgetown, KY...still a couple decent finds. (Listed after discount)

Wind Waker HD $36
Mario and Luigi Dream Team $18
Dragon Age Inquisition PS4 $44.25
Mario Golf 3DS $21.75
Dualshock 3(red or white) $28.05
Bravely Default $29.25
Far Cry 4 PS4 $44.25

They also had Wolfenstein, Watch Dogs, and some shovel ware. I got a Dualshock and that's it. There was a Wii U bundle left not marked down though.

25% games in Aurora Colorado.  They also moved all the games into a single case.  Most games are $3 under MSRP.  II went ahead and pulled the trigger on Lego City Under Cover for the Wii U since it was marked as $40.00.  $30 is a decent deal for that game. 

Reading through the thread of seems like they're doing what they do during going out of business sales. Raise the price of the product to its MSRP price and then add a certain percentage off.

It's sad to see where Kmart's at these days.  I grew up around them, having more prominence in the 90's and early 00's but I've seen multiple stores close down that have 2-3 Walmarts in the area.  Of course those are taking all the business and most Kmarts are barren wastelands.  Where I'm currently living, there are 2 Kmarts (a regular and a Big K)...their parking lot maybe has 10 cars max for customers.  I'm sure on Black Friday and other busy shopping days, they're more filled but currently?  It has about as much traffic as a chain store in a shopping mall, if even that.

I had a feeling Kmart was doing something with their Electronics (in the negative light) in most of my recent visits.  Their video game section used to be bigger, now it had been reduced more and more to a single glass cabinet in the back corner of the store in the Big K.  The smaller Kmart had a glass cabinet dedicated to games and a small shelf to the side where other cheaper games were featured.

I've visited Kmart a lot over the past month or so, I've noticed a lot of things ringing up for cheaper than the price tag (they have price scanners, much like Walmart, so I used those to figure out the price without having to try and find an employee which is hard enough).  I bought Silent Hill HD Collection for 360 only paying about 5 bucks, some Skylander figures and sets for nearly half off the normal price...they all had this "Adv. Price" which was on the right, being cheaper than whatever else it was ringing as.  That was the price I got my games today for as well.

I went by and they've really knocked it down at both Kmarts.  The glass cabinet is still at the Big K but the smaller one took theirs out, just using a shelving unit for their remaining games (which isn't much).  Not much a selection at Big K either...I did pick up Mario & Luigi Dream Team from the smaller K for $18, while I found Super Mario 3D World at the other for $42 plus I picked up a "WALL-E" game on DS for my son.  Other than those games, not much of a selection remaining for stuff I'd want...barely anything on Wii U, unfortunately.

That was really weird when I went to a Kmart at 70% of liquidation and earned points and had the register spit out SYWR coupons.
But they didn't accept coupons back, correct? The register will always spit out coupons that are loaded to your account regardless of what store you are at Sears/Kmart. You can still pay in points, but they will not allow you to buy with coupons. I was bummed when I found a sealed AC Brotherhood CE and Cubic Ninja and I wasn't able to use coupons at that location.

And before anyone asks, yes they tried scanning them for me.

It's sad to see where Kmart's at these days. I grew up around them, having more prominence in the 90's and early 00's but I've seen multiple stores close down that have 2-3 Walmarts in the area. Of course those are taking all the business and most Kmarts are barren wastelands. Where I'm currently living, there are 2 Kmarts (a regular and a Big K)...their parking lot maybe has 10 cars max for customers. I'm sure on Black Friday and other busy shopping days, they're more filled but currently? It has about as much traffic as a chain store in a shopping mall, if even that.

I had a feeling Kmart was doing something with their Electronics (in the negative light) in most of my recent visits. Their video game section used to be bigger, now it had been reduced more and more to a single glass cabinet in the back corner of the store in the Big K. The smaller Kmart had a glass cabinet dedicated to games and a small shelf to the side where other cheaper games were featured.

I've visited Kmart a lot over the past month or so, I've noticed a lot of things ringing up for cheaper than the price tag (they have price scanners, much like Walmart, so I used those to figure out the price without having to try and find an employee which is hard enough). I bought Silent Hill HD Collection for 360 only paying about 5 bucks, some Skylander figures and sets for nearly half off the normal price...they all had this "Adv. Price" which was on the right, being cheaper than whatever else it was ringing as. That was the price I got my games today for as well.

I went by and they've really knocked it down at both Kmarts. The glass cabinet is still at the Big K but the smaller one took theirs out, just using a shelving unit for their remaining games (which isn't much). Not much a selection at Big K either...I did pick up Mario & Luigi Dream Team from the smaller K for $18, while I found Super Mario 3D World at the other for $42 plus I picked up a "WALL-E" game on DS for my son. Other than those games, not much of a selection remaining for stuff I'd want...barely anything on Wii U, unfortunately.
I agree, it is sad. Unfortunately Kmart did this to themselves. There was a lady who worked at my local Kmart for 20+ years part time, and also worked with my mom so I got to know her pretty well. She told me stories all the time about missing shipments, wrong shipments, lack of attention to detail by management, and just a general attitude of "who cares" from most employees. The merchandising is terrible, with stuff seemingly thrown wherever it will fit. The white tile floor is cracked and yellowed all over, and there are numerous lights that are out that will probably never be replaced. Compare it to somewhere like target and you can see why this has happened.

RIP Kmart

But they didn't accept coupons back, correct? The register will always spit out coupons that are loaded to your account regardless of what store you are at Sears/Kmart. You can still pay in points, but they will not allow you to buy with coupons. I was bummed when I found a sealed AC Brotherhood CE and Cubic Ninja and I wasn't able to use coupons at that location.

No idea, didn't try. I was just buying a bath mat and toothbrush holder and because the store was closing I want expecting any SYWR stuff.

Has anybody been to the one in Rehoboth, DE?  I'm in Salisbury and ours has been basically picked clean for months now so kind of pointless.  Was curious about that one though because I may try to head up that way tomorrow morning to take some pictures of the icey water...

I've used all my coupons no real problems. Used the $10 extra SYWR when you spend $60 a few times. Was able to use the extra $10 plus the 2% base points and the extra 5% for using my Sears credit card.

At one store the coupon wouldn't work so I emailed SYWR, and they credited me the $10 the next day.

So I went to my local Kmart in Jesup Ga. I was going to pick up Donkey Kong 3DS (Made a bet with myself that if it was still there, I would pick it up). I called dude over and got my game out of the case and walked to the counter. It was 25% extra off clearance. So dude, rings it up and with tax it comes up 23.79 with tax. I already did the math and it would be 17.40 without tax and about 19 or so with tax. So he calls a manager, I'm giving to apply the discount. Manager comes up, and she looks over everything and says that. I says what's it. That's the price. I tell her about the 25% off. she says it only took off 2 bucks. I'm no math genuis but I know 25% off is more that 2 bucks. I storm off with no game and no points for SYW and Club Nintendo. I'm done with Kmart, now and forever as far as games go.

Managed to snag a Disney Infinity Starter Pack (1.0 not 2.0) for $6.xx.  There was no clearance price on it, so I had it price checked and it rang up as pennied out. Guy said standard protocol was 90% off on pennied out items (original price of $74.99).

I've been looking for a good DI deal for a while so we could try it out. $7 is tough to beat!!  So if you see anything not labeled with a clearance tag, give it a shot.

Everything else was 15% off msrp. 

Stopped by the two "regular" Kmarts again today. 25% off mostly $1 off MSRP. I'll wait to see what scraps are left next week.

So I went to my local Kmart in Jesup Ga. I was going to pick up Donkey Kong 3DS (Made a bet with myself that if it was still there, I would pick it up). I called dude over and got my game out of the case and walked to the counter. It was 25% extra off clearance. So dude, rings it up and with tax it comes up 23.79 with tax. I already did the math and it would be 17.40 without tax and about 19 or so with tax. So he calls a manager, I'm giving to apply the discount. Manager comes up, and she looks over everything and says that. I says what's it. That's the price. I tell her about the 25% off. she says it only took off 2 bucks. I'm no math genuis but I know 25% off is more that 2 bucks. I storm off with no game and no points for SYW and Club Nintendo. I'm done with Kmart, now and forever as far as games go.
lol, yeah kmart is bogus. I went there and ask some old guy working if they would give me the nintendo displays and he's like ohh idk we will probably keep that forawhile. So I go back a week later and everything is gone. fuck that store lol.

And more importantly, they had a sheet laying out of last months penny items with "tag at 10% of normal price and put out" written on the top.

Which I now have a picture of on my phone in case the store gives me trouble again regarding that stuff.

Down to 25% so far. Bought a Bravely Default against my better judgment... it's not like I needed another freaking RPG in my collection, but here we are.

Might consider the Lego Undercover game for Wii U, but the price is gonna have to drop A LOT before I bite.

Down to 25% so far. Bought a Bravely Default against my better judgment... it's not like I needed another freaking RPG in my collection, but here we are.

Might consider the Lego Undercover game for Wii U, but the price is gonna have to drop A LOT before I bite.
they were selling bravely default for awhile for 19.99 a few months ago, so I'm surprised one lasted this long at your store lol.

So much for further discounts here.  Went to my kmart, and the cases have been removed and replaced with displays of boxed tvs and tv audio bars.  Didn't see any games laying around anywhere in the store, so I guess they probably shipped them off to another store or back to the warehouse or something.

Wife saw 15% off a week or two back at a Kmart near her job.  She said stock was limited, but, they had eShop/Live/PS+ cards.  Gonna watch and hope they dip farther down.

Store I went to the other day was at 30% for games and 25% for accessories.  Cards (XBL, PSN, etc) didn't have any discount.  Unfortunately, pickings were very slim, but I did pick up Disney Infinity 1.0 for the Wii U for $15.  My kids lost the disc for the 360, so it seems like a fair price.

Current 30% off signs have an end date on them of 3/21.

Edit: Not gaming per se, but dell venue 8 tablets are down to $150 with the clearance drops from 3/16

iWQPlOB.jpg

I didn't check because I couldn't find a self scanner, but probably 30% off of $67
yeah that's whats to be assumed based on $67 being the last price marked but when i was just in kmart the other day a bit of stuff was ringing up for less then 30% of the last marked price.

Do you have images off or imgur blocked?
Oh, it's an image. For some reason, since yesterday, imgur stopped working for me. It completely does not show images for me anymore. Images aren't off, and I didn't purposely block imgur, but I might have accidentally blocked it somehow.

Kinda ot but I thought some might be interested. I went to Sears and they had 6 items left in the gaming section

Ps3 Madden 25 x2
Ps3 assassins creed black flag
360 titanfall
Xbox one play and charge x2

I asked the worker if she would check prices and everything came up $5 (except for ac not in system) so I bought the titanfall and the 2 play and charge kits.

Might be worth checking out but probably ymmv

Not much left at my Kmart, but there wasn't a lot to begin with :( Only notable games left are Super Mario 3D World ($34 after the sale) and Just Dance 2015. They have a bunch of older DS games left and some PS3 / Xbox 360. Few headsets left.

Sad to see it go!

Me check PS4 game prices today. Killzone: Shadow Fall, Thief and Battlefield 4 come up $28 something. The Crew come up 36 something. 

I think Wind Waker HD is still sitting in my store. I'm hesitant to pick it up as I fear it's very likely to be a Platinum reward for Club Nintendo. No returns on this stuff because it's technically clearance? Or am I mistaken?

Went to Kmart near by like a week ago, all they had were newer games, like Farcry 4, Diablo 3, etc. that were only 20% off. = /

Went to Kmart near by like a week ago, all they had were newer games, like Farcry 4, Diablo 3, etc. that were only 20% off. = /
The clearance % is uniform nationwide. Most are just too lazy to update the stickers to the new % off. So just trust the scanner instead of what they have marked!

bread's done
Back