Kmart PRE-BF sale 32" Olevia LCD HDTV-$419.99 and Guitar Hero II for 360 for $60

I know, it's probably NOT that big of a deal, but I found this while looking through Kmart's online site for potential deals. Hell, I didn't even know they made a DDR Universe bundle for PS2.

Although, be prepared to possibly be denied, since the listing has Take 2 as the manufacturer and the pic is that of 2K Sports Major League Baseball 2k7.

Here's the link for those who might be interested in trying though:

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_1630000000711370P?vName=Toys+%26+Games&cName=Video+Games&sName=PlayStation+2+Games

UPDATE: Olevia 32" HDTV for almost $300 off @ Kmart the day BEFORE Black Friday. That's right, Kmart is open ON Thanksgiving this year from 7 am to 9 pm(according to my local flyer).

Here's the link to the front page of the circular for Thursdays sale:
http://kmart.shoplocal.com/kmart/Default.aspx?action=browsepagelarge&storeid=2421105&rapid=483183&pagenumber=1

And, on page 2, as if the nearly $300 off the tv wasn't enough, they have Guitar Hero II for the 360 listed @ $59.99($30 off).

Link: http://kmart.shoplocal.com/kmart/Default.aspx?action=browsepagelarge&storeid=2421105&rapid=483183&pagenumber=2

The rest of the circular includes $3.99 dvds(many of the same ones Target, BB or CC are selling for the same price on BF) and a ton of other stuff.

Check it out my fellow CAGs.

Sorry to Shieryda about deleting the link for Digital Devil Saga 2 for PS2:

It's $49.99 on Kmart's site and I know how hard it is to find in the wild usually. So once again, here's the link:

Digital Devil Saga 2(PS2):

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_1630000000719633P?vName=Toys+%26+Games&keyword=devil

They didn't make Universe for PS2... Universe is the 360 game.

I wonder what they would actually ship.

No $ risk involved. If it's the wrong item you can get your money back. The only risk is your time dealing with the return.

True, plus isn't DDS 2(which I added to the OP now) selling for alot more than $50 online right now? I was kinda shocked to see that game on their site.

This ad is messed up. It says Take 2 (publishers of Rockstar and 2k games) and has a MLB 2k7 boxart. DDR Universe is a 360 DDR, not PS2 DDR. I think K-Mart just typed it wrong.

I think so too actually, but I figured I'd throw it out there for someone to try out. Plus, I added the link for Digital Devil Saga 2 to the OP too. I'm still shocked to see it on their site, since I hadn't seen it on there prior.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I think so too actually, but I figured I'd throw it out there for someone to try out. Plus, I added the link for Digital Devil Saga 2 to the OP too. I'm still shocked to see it on their site, since I hadn't seen it on there prior.[/quote]

It's been there for at least a month or two.

I'm shocked it hasn't gone OOS yet though, as I know many were looking for that game and finding only the incomplete/scratched up copies @ Gamestop on their used racks.

[quote name='breakingcustoms']GS/EB has DDS2 for $30 new, $20 used...look there before putting $50 out...but DDS2 is out of print[/QUOTE]

uhh you're not making any sense whatsoever, GS/EB doesn't have them new on the website nor at the store.

Breakingcustoms is right, it's $30 new in store.

As far as I can tell, DDS2 is still "in print." (If anyone can prove otherwise, I'd like to see.) It's still available new at Amazon and I see it every time I go to Gamecrazy new. (Fun fact: GC clearanced it a year ago and then raised the price back up.)

[quote name='Zhanmadao']uhh you're not making any sense whatsoever, GS/EB doesn't have them new on the website nor at the store.[/quote]
I've seen it gutted "new" at several EB/GS stores.

[quote name='cranguy']Breakingcustoms is right, it's $30 new in store.

As far as I can tell, DDS2 is still "in print." (If anyone can prove otherwise, I'd like to see.) It's still available new at Amazon and I see it every time I go to Gamecrazy new. (Fun fact: GC clearanced it a year ago and then raised the price back up.)[/QUOTE]

Not really, the clearance is YMMV. Some stores it actually was clearanced at $15.99 or whatever and others left the price at $30 or $35.

Spoke To Customer Service And Was Told This Is A Error And That They Would Not Honor It,dont Place The Order,will Be Rejected And Will Hold Up Youre Funds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spoke To Customer Service And Was Told That This Was An Error And They Will Reject Any Order For It Do Not Tie Up Youre Money Waste Of Time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is what it says:

DDR Universe Bundle

Item # 1630000000711370
$19.99
Qty: 1

at checkout. i went ahead and placed the order. who knows, if it gets rejected then oh well. great deal if it does. dont make any more phone calls please..

[quote name='phear3d']this is what it says:

DDR Universe Bundle

Item # 1630000000711370
$19.99
Qty: 1

at checkout. i went ahead and placed the order. who knows, if it gets rejected then oh well. great deal if it does. dont make any more phone calls please..[/quote]

Be sure to let us know what, if anything, you receive.

im waiting to receive this right now, its on route for delivery.

20-Nov-2007

Dear Jason,

This is to confirm that your order placed on 18-Nov-2007, XXXXXXXXX, containing the item(s) listed below shipped today.

Your item(s) will arrive at the address listed below within 5 business days. Deliveries are generally not made on weekends or holidays.

We hope you have enjoyed your online purchase experience at kmart.com. If you have purchased other item(s) you will receive separate notifications.

Item Qty.
DDR Universe Bundle

Item #: 1630000000711370
Shipping Method: Standard

we'll see if its the real deal in a few hours..

[quote name='Rocko']It'll be interesting to see what he receives.[/quote]

it'll be MLB 2k1!!!

no i hope not. i'd rather get a 24 rolls of toilet paper instead.

they actually didnt include the Take 2 or Ps2 part when i received the confirmation. and damn they shipped it fastttt!

alright. update.

it is no surprise that the game i got was the 2k MLB 07. BUT, i called the kmart.com CS and told them that i had received the wrong game. puts me on hold for a few minutes (i think she went to speak to her supervisor) and i got the go ahead to replace the game i got to the one I ordered which is the DDR Universe Bundle.. i knew i'd end up calling CS about it to get it fixed. they are sending it after they receive the wrong game.. and UPS is picking it up. kmart.com is awesome!! thanks op!

No problem, but watch them finally fix Kmart.com to read the right game name and info. I've noticed some other screwups on other sites before, but most of them were on Kmart.com. I think there ARE others, but none that would be a major deal like this.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Plus, I added the link for Digital Devil Saga 2 to the OP too. I'm still shocked to see it on their site, since I hadn't seen it on there prior.[/quote]

I don't see the link. Am I blind, or something?

Page 2 shows the Zelda gold DS, but the ad says that with the purchase of any DS or PSP you get a $25 gift card by mail. Not bad if you can find one in stock. That deal is good only from 6 AM to 11 AM on Friday.

can anyone vouch for Olevia? That looks like a pretty good deal, but don't know about the brand..

also don't they offer like 10% off if you open up a sears card? be interesting.

[quote name='aznguyen316']can anyone vouch for Olevia? That looks like a pretty good deal, but don't know about the brand..[/quote]

im on the same boat

[quote name='Rocko']Did you speak to customer service, aliberry?[/quote]

No, he clearly stated he Spoke To Customer Service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

That LCD TV looks like the 232V model Circuit City carries. They only retail for $600 regular price, so it's not as spectacular a deal as it seems. I owned one for 2 days, but returned it due to defective speakers. The picture quality is excellent, though, great for HD gaming. If you're plugging it into a home theater system it's not a bad TV for $420.

[quote name='stewie75']so they are sending you the ps2 version of ddr, or the 360 version?[/quote]

If they send him the PS2 version he could complain, again, to get the 360 version, since the link does mention "Universe" and the product description says "XBox 360".

[quote name='thegamer4787']The 32" Olevia lcd tv looks like a pretty good deal. I'm debating over whether to jump on this deal tomorrow or to wait an extra day and fight through the black friday crowds for the 37" Olevia in Target's ad.

Here is some info about the 32"

Kmart: http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_018W769122110001P?keyword=Olevia+32&sLevel=0&sid=KSx20070515x00001b&aff=Y&sid=KAx20061023x272xTier3&=

Cnet: http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-tvs/syntax-olevia-232v/4505-6482_7-32378568.html?tag=prod.txt.1[/quote]

Here's the 232V discussion on AVS forum:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=756206

If you can get to a CompUSA tomorrow night, they have the 537H model for $600, which is superior to the 237T model Target carries.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=854932

[quote name='aznguyen316']can anyone vouch for Olevia? That looks like a pretty good deal, but don't know about the brand..

also don't they offer like 10% off if you open up a sears card? be interesting.[/QUOTE]
I've had an Olevia 427V (27") for over a year and I can safely say that you get what you pay for. Like someone else said, the picture quality is very good, but the speakers were always on the fritz when I played my PS3, which I have hooked up with HDMI (shouldn't be any audio problems). Also, the latency is atrocious (when changing channels, volume, source input, or even just turning it on, it takes up to 5 SECONDS). Compared to my Samsung, which works lightning quick, 5 second latency is very hard to bear.

5 seconds really isnt that bad lol, but you are correct. Doesnt really bother me and for the price I got it last year, well im not crying here. Havent had any sound issues, on either of mine. Upgraded from the 26"olevia from last year. I have a Magnavox in my kitchen same size and it too takes a few seconds to turn on.

[quote name='_Sin_']5 seconds really isnt that bad lol, but you are correct. Doesnt really bother me and for the price I got it last year, well im not crying here. Havent had any sound issues, on either of mine. Upgraded from the 26"olevia from last year. I have a Magnavox in my kitchen same size and it too takes a few seconds to turn on.[/QUOTE]
When I bought the Olevia last year, it was my first LCD TV, so I figured all LCDs were like that so I got used to it. But I just bought a Samsung this week and now I'm spoiled :). So if you've never seen a top-of-the-line LCD in action, then an Olevia might not be so bad. Just my two cents...

bread's done
Back