KMART READS CAG! $50 coupon with GTA IV + PS3/360 Console- BETTER than Amazon/CC

the_punisher

CAGiversary!
Feedback
200 (100%)
The GTA IV deal beats out the $30 giftcard Amazon and Circuit City are offering by a whole $20. I guess companies do read these things :D. Enjoy, and all deals are effective tomorrow.

Central Link:
http://kmart.shoplocal.com/kmart/De...le&storeid=2421947&rapid=534293&pagenumber=15

Assassin's Creed: $29.99
http://kmart.shoplocal.com/kmart/De...4293&listingid=-2091725762&pretailerid=-99572

Nintendo Wii: in stock
http://kmart.shoplocal.com/kmart/De...4293&listingid=-2091725852&pretailerid=-99572

Madden 2007: 25-75% off
Smackdown vs. Raw 2007: 25-75% off
College Hoops 2K7: 25-75% off
Xbox 360 Media Remote: 25-75% off
Xbox 360 Memory Card: 25-75% off
http://kmart.shoplocal.com/kmart/De...4293&listingid=-2091725643&pretailerid=-99572

:hot::bomb:And now the real deal::bomb::hot:

$50 Gift Card with purchase of Grand Theft Auto IV and a PS3/Xbox 360 game console:
http://kmart.shoplocal.com/kmart/De...4293&listingid=-2091725820&pretailerid=-99572

End. Will update as i see fit.

I got my 360 when Kmart had the buy a 360 and halo 3 and get a $50 gift card deal. I followed the instructions and sent in all the required material (which included cutting the upc off of the halo 3 case) and got a letter four weeks later that said i didn't complete the requirements. Maybe I was just unlucky.

[quote name='zenintrude']they're just matching BB... move along.[/quote]

Are you complaining then? If someone would rather do it through Kmart, it helps them. At the very least, it gives people options about where to buy that don't include the words Circuit City or Amazon :)

Update: Thanks rapsoist. PS3 is the superior console anyway, so in reality Kmart's is even better. :)

[quote name='zenintrude']they're just matching BB... move along.[/quote]

They actually do one better by including the PS3 in the deal. The BB deal is only for the 360.

[quote name='rapsodist']They actually do one better by including the PS3 in the deal. The BB deal is only for the 360.[/QUOTE]

Any way you look at it, they aren't doing this for CAG.

The real reviews are stating that the PS3 and 360 versions aren't that much different, so it's a misnomer to state that the PS3 is the better version.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Any way you look at it, they aren't doing this for CAG.

The real reviews are stating that the PS3 and 360 versions aren't that much different, so it's a misnomer to state that the PS3 is the better version.[/quote]

I'm not sure if you were insinuating that I said the PS3 version is better; that certainly wasn't what I said at all. I meant that Kmart was better because they're giving us a choice.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']No, I was referring to the OP, I was just too distracted to multi-quote.[/quote]

What exactly were you distacted by?

LOL, i was just refering to the IGN review, when they said there's less texture pop-in on PS3. Again, look at the avatar. Anyway, it brings up a point:

What would you guys consider to be the best GTA IV deal? Try to be reasonable, like it was you running the company. Remember kids: stay above the influence free games = $0 profit. Also, if anyone goes through with the deal, post? PM me maybe if you don't like telling people that you're doing this becuase you're very strange. IDK.

/end rant

Depending on where you live, like California, Amazon is still a better deal thanks to no tax. Also, it's Amazon...and there's something to be said for your console not smelling like poverty.

Yeah, I said it.

[quote name='h2dk']IMO a $30 giftcard anywhere is better than a $50 giftcard at K-mart ;)[/quote]

[quote name='Rad']Eh, I'm sticking with the Amazon deal, I don't need a K-mart Gift Card.[/quote]

[quote name='akashhhhh']Depending on where you live, like California, Amazon is still a better deal thanks to no tax. Also, it's Amazon...and there's something to be said for your console not smelling like poverty.

Yeah, I said it.[/quote]

You guys are horrible. I don't understand why Kmart is so bad.It may not be Amazon, but Amazon may not give me $50, which is basically a free PS3 game.

PS3 version is better. I have both consoles and lean to my 360 but i read the reviews the PS3 is better. The end.

[quote name='the_punisher']What exactly were you distacted by?[/QUOTE] Playoffs.

LOL, i was just refering to the IGN review, when they said there's less texture pop-in on PS3. Again, look at the avatar. Anyway, it brings up a point:

Of course it's going to have less pop-in, it partially installs to the hard drive. If you average out the reports though, it's not enough to make you switch from one console to the other. 360 also has the future DLC, and IMO a better online system.

I also have avatars and signatures turned off.

What would you guys consider to be the best GTA IV deal? Try to be reasonable, like it was you running the company. Remember kids: stay above the influence free games = $0 profit. Also, if anyone goes through with the deal, post? PM me maybe if you don't like telling people that you're doing this becuase you're very strange. IDK.

/end rant

What in the hell are you talking about?

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Playoffs.

Of course it's going to have less pop-in, it partially installs to the hard drive. If you average out the reports though, it's not enough to make you switch from one console to the other. 360 also has the future DLC, and IMO a better online system.

I also have avatars and signatures turned off.

What in the hell are you talking about?[/quote]

My avatar is MGS4, and i love PS3 much more than 360. PS3 was also confirmed somewhere (too lazy to prove my point) that they'd get DLC, so i'm not worried. IMO, the ps3 controller is much better for me, and the online works just fine.

As for the other thing, i'm asking what kind of deal you would want that would make you happy.

[quote name='the_punisher']You guys are horrible. I don't understand why Kmart is so bad.It may not be Amazon, but Amazon may not give me $50, which is basically a free PS3 game.[/quote]

Here's the thing about Kmart, that place fucking sucks.

[quote name='the_punisher']PS3 was also confirmed somewhere (too lazy to prove my point) that they'd get DLC, so i'm not worried. [/quote]

It's pretty difficult to prove complete fabrications...

[quote name='the_punisher']My avatar is MGS4, and i love PS3 much more than 360. PS3 was also confirmed somewhere (too lazy to prove my point) that they'd get DLC, so i'm not worried. IMO, the ps3 controller is much better for me, and the online works just fine.

As for the other thing, i'm asking what kind of deal you would want that would make you happy.[/QUOTE]

But no one knows what. I know exactly what you're talking about, but it's not clear if it's going to be the same thing, same size, or even relevant. Like clothes. Woohoo (twirls finger in air)

Everything being equal, go with the facts.

[quote name='the_punisher']Please answer me one question:

Why does the 360 version suck?

Why is Kmart bad?

It's a simple one i think. All i want are answers.[/QUOTE]

Dirty stores, apathetic employees (and that's being nice), horrible selection, horrible prices. Did I miss anything?

And stop trying to be cute with the strikeout function. Neither version sucks, the 360 version is going to give you more options.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Dirty stores, apathetic employees (and that's being nice), horrible selection, horrible prices. Did I miss anything?

And stop trying to be cute with the strikeout function. Neither version sucks, the 360 version is going to give you more options.[/quote]

MORE options? I thought u said they were equal.

Besides, at least i thought it was funny.:lol:

[quote name='the_punisher']Please answer me one question:

Why is Kmart bad?

It's a simple one i think. All i want are answers.[/QUOTE]

I think there are only 2 Kmarts left in the greater St. Louis area and the only one that I have been to in the last 10 years is in the city. I have went there a few times and it is the worst run retail store I have ever seen. Everything is dirty, cluttered, and there is rarely anyone working the front registers. I have stood in Electronics waiting for some help long enough that I had to walk to the front of the store and ask them to send someone up there. I walked back and after another few minutes someone that worked in back helped me out. To be fair, they are in a huge shopping center that is empty other than the Kmart and a chineese restaurant. Blockbuster, Home Depot and Sam's Club left within the last 5 years, so obviously the location sucks.

[quote name='the_punisher']MORE options? I thought u said they were equal.

[/QUOTE]

As in, confirmed episodic content. That's the major option, along with cheezmints.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']As in, confirmed episodic content. That's the major option, along with cheezmints.[/quote]

I'd like to be "that guy" and talk about "Accomplishments" and "Home", but that won't end well. Instead, i'll just say that the DLC for 360 hasn't been confirmed as anything either, but nice try :)

[quote name='hufferstl']I think there are only 2 Kmarts left in the greater St. Louis area and the only one that I have been to in the last 10 years is in the city. I have went there a few times and it is the worst run retail store I have ever seen. Everything is dirty, cluttered, and there is rarely anyone working the front registers. I have stood in Electronics waiting for some help long enough that I had to walk to the front of the store and ask them to send someone up there. I walked back and after another few minutes someone that worked in back helped me out. To be fair, they are in a huge shopping center that is empty other than the Kmart and a chineese restaurant. Blockbuster, Home Depot and Sam's Club left within the last 5 years, so obviously the location sucks.[/quote]

Sounds like you just went to a shitty area....

Maybe i'm lucky, but hte Kmart near me is just as good as Best Buy, and better than Circuit City. To each their own, or YMMV?

Maybe a little of each.

[quote name='the_punisher']Sounds like you just went to a shitty area....

Maybe i'm lucky, but hte Kmart near me is just as good as Best Buy, and better than Circuit City. To each their own, or YMMV?

Maybe a little of each.[/QUOTE]

No, it's fairly universal. Post a poll if you don't believe me.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']No, it's fairly universal. Post a poll if you don't believe me.[/quote]

Not a bad idea. Will do.

EDIT: Did it. No link for you though, i already know your vote.

[quote name='the_punisher']What exactly were you distacted by?

/end rant[/quote]

If I needed a console the amazon deal is still better. Amazon would not have tax vs local kmart/BB/CC. Not to mention whether or not kmart would have an elite in stock. Tax is 6.5% here. Do the math. If you have no tax in your state then kmart is ok. The real question is for those looking to get just the game, are you getting the special edition and if so where will you buy it?

[quote name='the_punisher']You guys are horrible. I don't understand why Kmart is so bad.It may not be Amazon, but Amazon may not give me $50, which is basically a free PS3 game.[/QUOTE]

why do you love kmart so much? that place is awfularious...

[quote name='JJSP']Punisher works at kmart.[/quote]

Have you seen my trades (all listed on my TL)? If i worked at Kmart, i'd be a scammer by now :)

[quote name='the_punisher']You guys are horrible. I don't understand why Kmart is so bad.It may not be Amazon, but Amazon may not give me $50, which is basically a free PS3 game.[/quote]

There is only one decent K-Mart that I know of in Oregon. The local one that is still around, should have closed years ago. Horrible customer service and a dump of a store in dire need of a remodel. I go there a couple times a year with a list of clearance games of which they never have. The only nice thing about the store is the fact that nobody shops there so it is always empty.

kmart is a "bad" store because of the reputation of being dirty and "old" .... but if you ask me is all about options , the more the better... if I didn't have a 360 i would buy it at kmart cause of basically a free game.... whether is dirty or old it doesn't matter as long as I get what it's advertised. ... and microsoft paid for DLC so it HAS to be something of significance....

[quote name='The Chop Suey']how are there still k marts? lol i thought they got bought out by sears..there arent any at leat in so cal[/quote]

Maybe in SD, but there are still Kmarts in LA County. Not that they're doing so well, but they're still here.

[quote name='the_punisher']Update: Thanks rapsoist. PS3 is the superior console anyway, so in reality Kmart's is even better. :)[/QUOTE]

Superior? Maybe on paper, but this crap system hasn't brought too much to the current gen table. I own all three systems and prefer the 360 out of all of them and this is even after having my original system succumb to the RRoD. As for the deal it isn't too bad if your a frequent shopper of K-Mart. Basically if you get the 360 version w/ system purchase you can also get 5 decent clearance titles in addition with the gift card.

I don't know about you guys but my K-Marts are awesome. Anyhow, this thread has become a bash a PS3 or 360 thread. I think the 360 is better IMO. Although FFXIII and FFXIII: Versus do make the PS3 look more sexy :D

You guys do realize that the Amazon deal is tax-free for 99% of us? Meaning you save 20 some dollars on tax, plus the shipping is free. So with the $30 off (which is not a gift card like the OP said) + $20 saved from tax, it's the same as this deal except you don't have to use a gift card, it's a $50 saving straight up. The Amazon deal is still the best, in my opinion. Now this is all assuming you want the 360. If you want the PS3, obviously the K-mart deal is the best. Honestly, I'd get a PS3. It's a far better console with a much brighter future.

[quote name='vegetarian']Honestly, I'd get a PS3. It's a far better console with a much brighter future.[/QUOTE]

then why not just buy it when that future finally arrives? in the meantime we can all enjoy our 360s.

Is anyone planning to buy the ps3 version with gta4? This deal is very tempting for me.. I reserved GTA4 so far at CC for the $10 Gift Card, but i can cancel that one, or resell it if needed.

Don't know how sure I want to deal with "By Mail" Rebates thing. Do you get an application for the $50, or is there something else you must do. Any1 tried it yet?

And might i add, i don't have a PS3 yet. I'm one of those people planning to wait for the MGS4 PS3 Bundle. Pardon me whilst i plan: Think think think

GTA4 + PS3(40gb) + MGS4 = 556.37 with tax

GTA4 + PS3(80gb) + MGS4 (the bundle) = 599.18 with tax

But since I'd be getting 50 bucks with the Kmart thing, I'd be saving 50 from the MGS4 bundle if i get the 40gb, so I'd have about 100 to invest in a Slim PS2. And i could be playing it NOW, er, in a few days.

[quote name='Staraang21']then why not just buy it when that future finally arrives? in the meantime we can all enjoy our 360s.[/quote]
Well, that bright future is right around the corner. MGS4 is less than 6 weeks away.

[quote name='KingKhoiCorp']Is anyone planning to buy the ps3 version with gta4? This deal is very tempting for me.. I reserved GTA4 so far at CC for the $10 Gift Card, but i can cancel that one, or resell it if needed.

Don't know how sure I want to deal with "By Mail" Rebates thing. Do you get an application for the $50, or is there something else you must do. Any1 tried it yet?

And might i add, i don't have a PS3 yet. I'm one of those people planning to wait for the MGS4 PS3 Bundle. Pardon me whilst i plan: Think think think

But since I'd be getting 50 bucks with the Kmart thing, I'd be saving 50 from the MGS4 bundle if i get the 40gb, so I'd have about 100 to invest in a Slim PS2. And i could be playing it NOW, er, in a few days.[/quote]
Just wait for the bundle, man. It's going to be annoying having a PS2 around just for the BC. The 80 gb is like 95% BC. It's only 6 weeks... I know it's hard with GTA4 so close, but it's the right decision. Also, remember that the 80 gb has a dual shock 3 and the 40 gb does not, so that cancels out the $50 k-mart gift card.

[quote name='guyver2077']wow...talkabout afanboy rush in here..[/quote]No shit. I came to read about this deal but got piss in my eyes as I walked in the door.

Figures the only store running a PS3 deal is Kmart. I would have bit if it were an instant gift card, but the post on page 1 about getting stiffed on 360/Halo rebate confirms my suspicion about trusting Kmart on a MIR.

[quote name='KingKhoiCorp']Is anyone planning to buy the ps3 version with gta4? This deal is very tempting for me.. I reserved GTA4 so far at CC for the $10 Gift Card, but i can cancel that one, or resell it if needed.

But since I'd be getting 50 bucks with the Kmart thing, I'd be saving 50 from the MGS4 bundle if i get the 40gb, so I'd have about 100 to invest in a Slim PS2. And i could be playing it NOW, er, in a few days.[/quote]

Hate to say it, but you gotta get the 80 GB. Anyway, if I was in your position, i would not be able to wait till MGS4. Before you guys go on about how me and Kmart are homies, i kinda have GTA IV SE preordered at Amazon, but apparently none of you can blame me.

Anyway, the Kmart near me is nowhere near what you guys claim. But since Kmart and Sears are one company, does that mean Sears is bad too? I hope not, cuz my Sears is awesome.

Also, thinking of changing the thread title to:

Which version of GTA IV are you buying? PS3 or 360?

:D

1. Kmart bought Sears, not the other way around.
2. Kmart gets new games in at the same price and same time as everyone else.
3. Kmart doesn't follow price drops very closely, so they don't sell much past the first week or so.
4. Which means Kmart has a large selection when items go on clearance and they have some great prices on them. Just check the Kmart clearance thread.

bread's done
Back