KMART READS CAG! $50 coupon with GTA IV + PS3/360 Console- BETTER than Amazon/CC

the_punisher

CAGiversary!
Feedback
200 (100%)
The GTA IV deal beats out the $30 giftcard Amazon and Circuit City are offering by a whole $20. I guess companies do read these things :D. Enjoy, and all deals are effective tomorrow.

Central Link:
http://kmart.shoplocal.com/kmart/De...le&storeid=2421947&rapid=534293&pagenumber=15

Assassin's Creed: $29.99
http://kmart.shoplocal.com/kmart/De...4293&listingid=-2091725762&pretailerid=-99572

Nintendo Wii: in stock
http://kmart.shoplocal.com/kmart/De...4293&listingid=-2091725852&pretailerid=-99572

Madden 2007: 25-75% off
Smackdown vs. Raw 2007: 25-75% off
College Hoops 2K7: 25-75% off
Xbox 360 Media Remote: 25-75% off
Xbox 360 Memory Card: 25-75% off
http://kmart.shoplocal.com/kmart/De...4293&listingid=-2091725643&pretailerid=-99572

:hot::bomb:And now the real deal::bomb::hot:

$50 Gift Card with purchase of Grand Theft Auto IV and a PS3/Xbox 360 game console:
http://kmart.shoplocal.com/kmart/De...4293&listingid=-2091725820&pretailerid=-99572

End. Will update as i see fit.

[quote name='vegetarian']Just wait for the bundle, man. It's going to be annoying having a PS2 around just for the BC. The 80 gb is like 95% BC. It's only 6 weeks... I know it's hard with GTA4 so close, but it's the right decision. Also, remember that the 80 gb has a dual shock 3 and the 40 gb does not, so that cancels out the $50 k-mart gift card.[/QUOTE]

I'm canceling my thinking after I just visited my local Kmart with my bro. For one, they had no PS3 in stock, Games were all unorganized. When i asked the clerk about the deal, the lady didn't seem to know what I was talking about. And I had this unnerving feeling of unsafeness, due to the ghost town atmosphere.

Seems like a bit more trouble than I'm looking for. Lack of trust / Snail Mail killed the deal for me.
So I guess I'm gonna have to wait for the MGS4 Bundle. :(
But I forgot about the Dualshock 3, and how the 40gb has the gimped one, so its a plus.

(Also on the plus side i bought some cheap candy)

[quote name='KingKhoiCorp']I'm canceling my thinking after I just visited my local Kmart with my bro. For one, they had no PS3 in stock, Games were all unorganized. When i asked the clerk about the deal, the lady didn't seem to know what I was talking about. And I had this unnerving feeling of unsafeness, due to the ghost town atmosphere.

Seems like a bit more trouble than I'm looking for. Lack of trust / Snail Mail killed the deal for me.
So I guess I'm gonna have to wait for the MGS4 Bundle. :(
But I forgot about the Dualshock 3, and how the 40gb has the gimped one, so its a plus.

(Also on the plus side i bought some cheap candy)[/quote]

LMAO. We should make cheapasscandy.com. Kmart would PWN!

[quote name='radjago']1. Kmart bought Sears, not the other way around.
2. Kmart gets new games in at the same price and same time as everyone else.
3. Kmart doesn't follow price drops very closely, so they don't sell much past the first week or so.
4. Which means Kmart has a large selection when items go on clearance and they have some great prices on them. Just check the Kmart clearance thread.[/quote]

Exactly!!! People rip on Kmart, but they dont understand that ive gotten dozens of new games for 2-5 dollars. Best deal by far was Knights of the Old Republic for 2 dollars a year or so ago.

[quote name='the_punisher']I'd like to be "that guy" and talk about "Accomplishments" and "Home", but that won't end well. Instead, i'll just say that the DLC for 360 hasn't been confirmed as anything either, but nice try :)[/quote]

LOL, YOU ARE EPIC FAIL xD

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/06/16/gta-iv-episodes-confirmed-xbox-360-exclusives/

[quote name='"Joystiq"']Take-Two has confirmed that the promised episodic content for Grand Theft Auto IV on PS3 will not show up and is now an Xbox 360 exclusive.[/quote]

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']LOL, YOU ARE EPIC FAIL xD

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/06/16/gta-iv-episodes-confirmed-xbox-360-exclusives/[/quote]

From your joystiq article:
Questions arose regarding the episodic content earlier this week when the financial reports for Take-Two's fiscal year did not have the PS3 content present, but did have the Xbox 360.

Questions arose, yet the article doesn't give answers, only speculation.
Gameindustry.biz quotes a Take Two spokesperson saying "The Grand Theft Auto IV episodic content is exclusive to Xbox 360."

It doesn't specify in which way it will be exclusive, and that there won't be similar content with small, but funddamental differences.

I could give reasons why PS3 is likely to receive similar content, but I'd be speculating just as much as them.

Furthermore, your precious joystiq source says:
The game will still launch on both consoles Oct. 16 (Europe will receive it Oct. 19). Despite the Pachter effect, the release date for GTA is still locked and loaded for those dates.

Which we all know didn't happen (but it does show the age of the article, and most game industry news is anything but "future-proof", as time tells all tales).

From The Blogger's Lunch at GDC, came a report as follows:
During Blogger’s Lunch today at GDC, some new interesting information regarding GTA IV downloadable content was revealed.

It’s not a whole lot, but it might answer a few questions.

- First of all, the DLC really is exclusive to the Xbox 360, they clearly stated that no other platform would get it.

- Also, it’s going to be huge, a lot bigger than any of us imagined. It was even mentioned that the expansion roughly equals the size of Vice City in GTA 3.

- No price point has been set yet, it’s up to Rockstar whether they will charge us for it or not.

- If successful, DLC will be the next standard way of delivering GTA expansions to gamers.

We’ll get back with more information eventually, so be patient!
http://akayuki.com/2008/02/23/some-gta-iv-dlc-details/

I don't know about anyone else, but that pretty definitively says the PS3 isn't getting that DLC, in any way, shape or form. And the quote there isn't speculation, it's fact, as I've seen it in the same form a few places.

Now, as far as rumors for the PS3 DLC, the only thing I've heard with any frequency is that the PS3 will get Dead Rising-ish content, such as new outfits and etc.

[quote name='babycarlitos']kmart is a "bad" store because of the reputation of being dirty and "old" .... but if you ask me is all about options , the more the better... if I didn't have a 360 i would buy it at kmart cause of basically a free game.... whether is dirty or old it doesn't matter as long as I get what it's advertised. ... [/QUOTE]

Exactly. I really don't understand why people get so against any legit stores like this. More options is ALWAYS a good thing for the consumer, and every K-Mart I've been in hasn't sucked nearly as badly as everyone says. They do generally lack a little polish, but they usually have a variety of games on a similar tier as a place like Wal-Mart or Target.

Oh well, I love that people think that way because I was able to get a Wii on launch day, by only waiting for a couple hours(compared to waiting 12-14 hours at the Wal-Mart in town), and have gotten plenty of games that were sold out around town, yet K-Mart was fully stocked. Not saying it's the greatest store, but it sure as hell doesn't deserve the flak it gets from most people.

And this is a damn good deal. I'd definitely bite if I didn't need to save my money right now.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']From The Blogger's Lunch at GDC, came a report as follows:

I don't know about anyone else, but that pretty definitively says the PS3 isn't getting that DLC, in any way, shape or form. And the quote there isn't speculation, it's fact, as I've seen it in the same form a few places.

Now, as far as rumors for the PS3 DLC, the only thing I've heard with any frequency is that the PS3 will get Dead Rising-ish content, such as new outfits and etc.[/quote]

.....you're fat......

[quote name='CocheseUGA']From The Blogger's Lunch at GDC, came a report as follows:

Now, as far as rumors for the PS3 DLC, the only thing I've heard with any frequency is that the PS3 will get Dead Rising-ish content, such as new outfits and etc.[/quote]

Just like you said, the DLC has been 360-bound and exclusive for quite some time. I haven't really been following the game much because, let's face it, paying for sex and then running the prostitute over afterwards just isn't my cup of tea.

That said, I found this article rather interesting. I don't know how telling it is of other retailers (or other countries for that matter), but maybe the DLC just isn't that big of a deal to people? Maybe they just don't realize how big it's supposed to be.

Speaking to trade paper MCV, Asda's head of games Duncan Cross said, "Both titles have generated great interest on the Asda website, with strong pre-orders, and the PS3 version is selling three times that of 360, which is surprising and not in line with what we'd expect."

[quote name='radjago']1. Kmart bought Sears, not the other way around.
2. Kmart gets new games in at the same price and same time as everyone else.
3. Kmart doesn't follow price drops very closely, so they don't sell much past the first week or so.
4. Which means Kmart has a large selection when items go on clearance and they have some great prices on them. Just check the Kmart clearance thread.[/QUOTE]

Nice points. I'm not a fan of K-Mart outside of clearance items, but that is one major reason they standout above other retailers. If it wasn't for K-Mart clearance my 360 library would be 1/4 the size it is right now. K-Mart in my opinion is lucky to be around because they're attempts to compete with the likes of Wal-Mart and Target are horrible. They rely too much on the older generations to carry their business, so they don't compete on price/value. As for the fanboyism it shouldn't be a suprise with the OP's avatar and commenting on his support after THECLAW92's uninformative post:
[quote name='THECLAW92']PS3 version is better. I have both consoles and lean to my 360 but i read the reviews the PS3 is better. The end.[/QUOTE]

We all have our opinion on the systems, which I've clearly stated myself in the thread, but it shouldn't matter when it comes to this deal. Every system has its pros and cons along with their support from the gaming community. I will be the first to recommend the 360 because I prefer it and I'm an achievement fan. However, when it comes to deals like this you have to take in account the best value. Which system is cheaper, provides the ideal gaming(not movie) experience for oneself and has the library you want to play. Also if you're leaning towards the PS3 and don't care about obtaining a possible 60 GB at a K-Mart I would wait for the MGS System Bundle that is coming out soon.

as requested...

officialgtaivreviewgd3.jpg

[quote name='zenintrude']as requested...

officialgtaivreviewgd3.jpg
[/quote]

I'd prob. circle all but the last one. I wouldn't call myself a diehard PS3 fan. I just prefer it over the 360 becuase of the QUALITY of the games, and of course the controller. I have both, so i know the 360's online is better with the XMB, and Halo 3 PWNS. I know it, there's a Master Chieft helmet staring at me right now :).

Anyway, neudog, i'd actually agree with you, but most becuase i AM a diehard MGS fan. If i didn't have a ps3 already, that steel japanese mgs4 bundle would already be preordered (and in fact, the MGS4 LE IS! preordered).

The fact that Kmart is mailing the gift card makes this lame, in my opinion. I'm to expect that a company that can't even keep it's own bookkeeping straight is to make sure that my gift card is mailed out properly?

bread's done
Back