Kmart refused to sell me Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='SlammedNiss']I can't believe how everybody is buying into the OP's load of crap.[/QUOTE]

How is ridiculing him to no end buying into his crap?

Oh I'm definitely not going anywhere, a cag all the way. Yeah so what I was peeved at a crappy store and got on here to rant and rave about it. That's what most of these forums are anyways people complaining. So thought I would join the party. And i read most of the replies and lots of haters in here or just jealous cause I had enough sense to complain to get a gc and they didn't. And I'm not one bit worried about what some of these kids in here that are learning to say a curse word for the first time in their life have to say. Like the old saying goes your either with me or against me.

[quote name='Squall835']How is ridiculing him to no end buying into his crap?[/QUOTE]
Dude says he tries to buy a non-released game to which he is supposedly offered a $30 GC. He refuses and the first thing he thinks to do is join this site to tell us? If you believe him, good for you. But I'm not buying into his load of shit.

[quote name='Crashmasteromega']Oh I'm definitely not going anywhere, a cag all the way. Yeah so what I was peeved at a crappy store and got on here to rant and rave about it. That's what most of these forums are anyways people complaining. So thought I would join the party. And i read most of the replies and lots of haters in here or just jealous cause I had enough sense to complain to get a gc and they didn't. And I'm not one bit worried about what some of these kids in here that are learning to say a curse word for the first time in their life have to say. Like the old saying goes your either with me or against me.[/QUOTE]
You shouldn't be complaining, because they didn't do anything wrong.

A $30 GC for overreacting because a store doesn't want to break the street date?! Take the $30 GC and STFU!

[quote name='Crashmasteromega']Oh I'm definitely not going anywhere, a cag all the way. Yeah so what I was peeved at a crappy store and got on here to rant and rave about it. That's what most of these forums are anyways people complaining. So thought I would join the party. And i read most of the replies and lots of haters in here or just jealous cause I had enough sense to complain to get a gc and they didn't. And I'm not one bit worried about what some of these kids in here that are learning to say a curse word for the first time in their life have to say. Like the old saying goes your either with me or against me.[/QUOTE]

Everybody is against you. But keep harassing honest hardworking people. And keep crying to the internet about it.

A CAG all the way? With your 4 posts?

I live in England so I'm not sure of all the laws state for state in the US, but over here stores are not obligated to sell you anything at all, it can be out there at whatever date and whatever marked price and they can just say nty, and you would have no choice but to walk on out of the shop. The fact that you complained about this to the store is simply pathetic, you know the game wasn't meant to be there, you know that it was a mistake, instead of trying to take advantage the proper thing to do would to be to alert the store of their mistake.

And @ the guy who bought 3 copies of the game and the store guy snatched them out of his hands, over here that is not legal. After you have paid for the item and the guy behind the counter has accepted the money that item is yours, the store taking it back without you wanting them to do so is no worse than a guy taking it from you in the street and running off.

[quote name='Phelmo']A CAG all the way? With your 4 posts?

I live in England so I'm not sure of all the laws state for state in the US, but over here stores are not obligated to sell you anything at all, it can be out there at whatever date and whatever marked price and they can just say nty, and you would have no choice but to walk on out of the shop. The fact that you complained about this to the store is simply pathetic, you know the game wasn't meant to be there, you know that it was a mistake, instead of trying to take advantage the proper thing to do would to be to alert the store of their mistake.

And @ the guy who bought 3 copies of the game and the store guy snatched them out of his hands, over here that is not legal. After you have paid for the item and the guy behind the counter has accepted the money that item is yours, the store taking it back without you wanting them to do so is no worse than a guy taking it from you in the street and running off.[/QUOTE]
So you joined just so you could talk to me? well aren't I the popular one?! Yeah i have been a cag for a year or 2 but just because i dont get on here everyday of my life and post like others and have a life doesn't mean I'm not a cag. This site is called cheap ass gamer not full price gamer and that's what everyone else on this site is doing looking for a deal or complaining about one they missed out on and being passionate about a deal or being screwed outta one is what being a cheap ass gamer is all about and complaining comes with the territory of being cheap. Yeah I knew it wasn't suppose to be on the shelf just like they did,so it wasn't a mistake. If you have a business know what your selling and doing or don't have a business. Otherwise people that do know what their doing are gonna take advantage of you, bottom line. Thanks for being one of over 2000 views on my first post. Peace out!

You can't be serious....lack of grammar...message content...no paragraphs...if you aren't a troll, you could certainly have a future in one.

I find it quite ironic though how you go on a tirade about how this is cheap ass gamer (not full price gamer)...how complaining comes with the territory...yet there you were at K-Mart, prepped and ready to buy a game for full price...when 3 days later you'd be able to get a coupon for $20 off a future game...

Lmfao, someone is butthurt because everybody hates them. You signed up to these forums JUST to post that you are an idiot and to cry over the fact that a store is totally within the law. After your posts.. I honestly wouldn't be too surprised if the real reason they wouldn't sell you the game was because you didn't look on old enough..

You say that I joined just to flame you.. Well look at my post count, I can promise you that not all of my posts are on this thread; unlike yours.

Also just like Salamando3000 said, you call yourself a CAG when you buy a game not only at launch.. but before launch when not only a) If you wait a few weeks/months the game would drop in price and b) bought it without the coupon which you would have gotten if you had waited 3 days.

You have no reason to be on these forums, you have no supporters or friends on here, give up.

Edit: Oh and btw, being "screwed out of a deal" DOES NOT include a store refusing to sell you a game for FULL PRICE.

[quote name='georox']Do you want a pity party? Take your free $30 and shut the fuck up and stop whining.[/QUOTE]

Win. :applause:

I re-read the thread again.

If the OP posted with the intention to brag about getting a $30 GC with some bitching, I can understand why he posted.

However, it appears that the OP was actually mad and contacted BBB because Kmart refused to break the street date, for that the OP is a douche.

[quote name='blissskr']Lol at people thinking the BBB has authority to actually do anything to a business anyway.[/QUOTE]

nah BBB just rips people off....

years ago i was with blockbuster online and got a lot of broken or scratched disk... blockbuster themself told me to REPORT every disc so i dont get charge..

then one day i get an email saying my account was cancelled for abusing the report issue button..

So i wrote up to the BBB and told them about this and when they contacted Blockbuster they said i was banned cause i kept 14 movies and never returned them... When i told blockbuster to prove this cause i got every email showing the movies were return they refused to respond..

BBB then told me if i wanted to push the case i would have to pay them something like 2,000 bucks

I Laugh over the phone at the BBB worker and hung up...

Blockbuster is now bankrupt and noone even cares LOL

you should of started screaming and stamping your feet

SCREAMING I WANT THE GaME

and not stopping

I wonder what would happened :)

[quote name='slidecage']you should of started screaming and stamping your feet

SCREAMING I WANT THE GaME

and not stopping

I wonder what would happened :)[/QUOTE]

$30 gift card.

[quote name='Salamando3000']You can't be serious....lack of grammar...message content...no paragraphs...if you aren't a troll, you could certainly have a future in one.

I find it quite ironic though how you go on a tirade about how this is cheap ass gamer (not full price gamer)...how complaining comes with the territory...yet there you were at K-Mart, prepped and ready to buy a game for full price...when 3 days later you'd be able to get a coupon for $20 off a future game...[/QUOTE]

Here's a shovel op.

aaa-shovel_300.jpg

Keep diggin'

[quote name='Phelmo']Lmfao, someone is butthurt because everybody hates them. You signed up to these forums JUST to post that you are an idiot and to cry over the fact that a store is totally within the law. After your posts.. I honestly wouldn't be too surprised if the real reason they wouldn't sell you the game was because you didn't look on old enough..

You say that I joined just to flame you.. Well look at my post count, I can promise you that not all of my posts are on this thread; unlike yours.

Also just like Salamando3000 said, you call yourself a CAG when you buy a game not only at launch.. but before launch when not only a) If you wait a few weeks/months the game would drop in price and b) bought it without the coupon which you would have gotten if you had waited 3 days.

You have no reason to be on these forums, you have no supporters or friends on here, give up.

Edit: Oh and btw, being "screwed out of a deal" DOES NOT include a store refusing to sell you a game for FULL PRICE.[/QUOTE]
Dude you used butthurt and flame in the same reply. I think your looking for the gag forum not the cag forum. And by the way all I was gonna do was flip it on eBay and make double or triple the price on it as an early release. So yeah that would have been my bragging right there. But all I got was $30 but it's cool. I will take it and use it on a worthy purchase. Didnt care much about the guitar hero game anyways they are all the same. Rockband 3 on the other hand looks pretty cool with real instruments. Might even stop by to shine ye olde gc in the managers face and say turn this down. And you say I have no friends or supporters on here. Looks like your my biggest fan so far :)

[quote name='blissskr']Lol at people thinking the BBB has authority to actually do anything to a business anyway.[/QUOTE]

agree... in reality they do nothing but collect data.

[quote name='Crashmasteromega']Yeah i have been a cag for a year or 2[/QUOTE]
Um. Sure. Just like your original story is true.

You're not entitled to anything, they could kick you out of the store just because they don't like your hairstyle. Go play in traffic.

[quote name='Crashmasteromega']Dude you used butthurt and flame in the same reply. I think your looking for the gag forum not the cag forum. And by the way all I was gonna do was flip it on eBay and make double or triple the price on it as an early release. So yeah that would have been my bragging right there. But all I got was $30 but it's cool. I will take it and use it on a worthy purchase. Didnt care much about the guitar hero game anyways they are all the same. Rockband 3 on the other hand looks pretty cool with real instruments. Might even stop by to shine ye olde gc in the managers face and say turn this down. And you say I have no friends or supporters on here. Looks like your my biggest fan so far :)[/QUOTE]

So you were going to buy a game on the Saturday before it came out and list it on ebay as an early release to make double or triple your money? Assuming that you listed it for $120 as a buy it now price and someone bought it right away you wouldn't have been able to overnight ship it until monday thus getting the game to the buyer on tuesday afternoon. Which in case your as bad with math and a calendar as you are with complaining would be several hours later then they could go get it at walmart from.

Btw they can leave them on the shelves for a month before it streets and you can throw the biggest hissy fit in the store and they can tell you to piss off.

Agreed

and have found it pretty entertaining. Not only did the store not have to offer a gift card, the system wouldn't allow it to even be sold. If anything the BBB complaint would have been to the retailer for selling it early if anything not refusing to sell.

Being merchandised on the sales floor can cause confusion and they shouldn't have put it out but in no way does this guarantee that it should de facto be sold especially since the street date is called out specifically in the ad.

In the end I'm happy the store tried to make things right and went above and beyond but they didn't have to.

A thirty dollar gift card. Wow, last time I saw an early release was in Target and they said they couldn't sell it to me, and apologized. They didn't offer me a giftcard, but then again I didn't bitch like a little bitch about it either.

I'm just gonna add this one to my stack of resources for when I write the bitchiest post ever. It's gonna be great: I'll buy a new gutted game before it's release date but the guy at the register is a jerk who asks if I want to preorder a game but before I can get out the door a cop will try and take my game. I'll speak of how I deftly put all the culprits in their place with snappy responses, cunning tactics and threats of customer dissatisfaction. I'll then turn my story of fabricated events and easy-burning strawmen into a lengthy rant for people online to read because, unlike normal people, I can't let any minutia bullshit happen in my life without squeezing as much whining potential out of it as possible.

[quote name='Crashmasteromega']I tried to post a pic of it on the store shelf but apparently since I'm a newbie it won't let me. But my thing is if it's on the shelf for sale they should sell it. It's their mistake. Be it a fine for $20,000 mistake it's still their mistake and should honor it. But that's not what really got me angry about it,it was the way the store manager dealt with the situation. He said if I complain to corporate he will just undermine everything I said and make it ok. He said there is nothing I can do as a customer. That's when I got peeved.[/QUOTE] That just sounds like you were being greedy.

[quote name='georox']Do you want a pity party? Take your free $30 and shut the fuck up and stop whining.[/QUOTE] agreed. a $30 gift card is great, and the manager could be fired for selling it to you. Actually, he WOULD be fired for selling it to you. is a man's job really worth getting a game a few days early? also, they have a contract not to sell the game so that would be a breach of contract. another thing is that stores have a right not to sell you anything. u sound like one of the retards i hear in the news suing random companies, etc. and not getting anywhere.

So, completely offtopic but I'm completely done with this terrible store now, they stopped carrying Marvel Universe figures! Now not only will I not find new games or promo items, but I'll not have figures to get either! Boo.

On-topic, OP is a whiny bitch and should take his fucking giftcard.

[quote name='Crashmasteromega']I just came from my local kmart store earlier today and they had it on the shelf for sale and when I took it to the front
they refused to sell to me.

I talked to the store manager and he said that if he sold it to me the store would face a $20,000 fine for selling early.
I called corporate kmart and they offered me a $30 gift card.

I contacted better business bereua to tell them my story and possibly get them for misleading the consumer but
they are not affiliated with them apparently.[/QUOTE]

vagisil.jpg

So let me get this straight. The OP tried to buy GH:WOR several days before it was supposed to be out. Manager refused to sell it. OP got a $30 GC but decides to go to the BBB over this? Gee I don't know but I would be happy to get the gift card and would shut up about it. So do us all a favor OP and do that... and don't procreate either since we don't need your god awful offspring's running around with your mentality. That is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back