Kmart selling Elder Scrolls V: Skrim early YMMV

mr mellow

CAGiversary!
I was just at my local Kmart with a friend picking up the Metal Gear HD Collection, but didn't see it on the shelves so the employee went to the back and brought out a box which contained not only the Metal Gear HD Collection, but 10-15 copies of Elders Scrolls V: Skyrim for both PS3 & XBOX360. I asked the employee if they were for sale, and he said according to street date it's not to be sold until 11/11, but the box said, "Okay to Sell". Now keep in mind this is a huge YMMV because some stores may not have actual stock or be willing to sell the item. Just thought I would pass it along.

Did you try buying it?

Just because they have it, doesn't mean they can sell it; the register might forbid the sale until 11/11.

But who knows, this is the same place that didn't have blocks on their register for MW 3.

As already pointed out in the stickied thread, the registers will not allow the transaction to go through. To anyone reading this, do not waste your time and gas driving to Kmart hoping to score an early copy of Skyrim.

[quote name='bg2001']Did you actually buy it? I think their computer systems won't let the sale go through.[/QUOTE]

I didn't try to purchase but diod have the cashier ring it up and sure enough it was in the system to sell thought about buying it along with the Metal Gear hd collection to take advantage of the the $15/35 coupons but, already have it pre ordered through best buy.Good luck

[quote name='Bosamba']As already pointed out in the stickied thread, the registers will not allow the transaction to go through. To anyone reading this, do not waste your time and gas driving to Kmart hoping to score an early copy of Skyrim.[/QUOTE]

That's why it's a huge YMMV as stated in the post as Kmart was selling copies of MW3 just this recent knowing the street date was today.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Way too YMMV lol and why in the hell did you not buy it if you could some moron would have overpaid for it.[/QUOTE]

Like me. :) I've been waiting for this for toooooo long.

[quote name='mr mellow']I was just at my local Kmart with a friend picking up the Metal Gear HD Collection, but didn't see it on the shelves so the employee went to the back and brought out a box which contained not only the Metal Gear HD Collection, but 10-15 copies of Elders Scrolls V: Skyrim for both PS3 & XBOX360. I asked the employee if they were for sale, and he said according to street date it's not to be sold until 11/11, but the box said, "Okay to Sell". Now keep in mind this is a huge YMMV because some stores may not have actual stock or be willing to sell the item. Just thought I would pass it along.[/QUOTE]

Where have i seen this before? :roll:

I think I'll just wait til the inevitable Goty version comes out. It looks like a fantastic game... but after seeing the trend with Fallout 3, Oblivion, and now Fallout New Vegas, it is worth being patient.

[quote name='Link2999']SDs? lol[/QUOTE]

If i was a slickdealer every copy would have been scooped up for maximum profit and wouldn't have even had a though of sharing a clearly stated YMMV opportunity. Get your facts straight before you go to jumping conclusions or try to assume= making an ass out of YOU not me.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']I think I'll just wait til the inevitable Goty version comes out. It looks like a fantastic game... but after seeing the trend with Fallout 3, Oblivion, and now Fallout New Vegas, it is worth being patient.[/QUOTE]

KMArt is already selling the GOTY addition. Don't you know that? Where have you been... He could have picked that up but decided to wait because he preordered it at BestBuy

[quote name='mr mellow']If i was a slickdealer every copy would have been scooped up for maximum profit and wouldn't have even had a though of sharing a clearly stated YMMV opportunity. Get your facts straight before you go to jumping conclusions or try to assume= making an ass out of YOU not me.[/QUOTE]

lol I was saying that someone off of SD copied you: http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3517428

[quote name='mr mellow']If i was a slickdealer every copy would have been scooped up for maximum profit and wouldn't have even had a though of sharing a clearly stated YMMV opportunity. Get your facts straight before you go to jumping conclusions or try to assume= making an ass out of YOU not me.[/QUOTE]

$$$$a, you never go full retard.

Can't fathom the point of these threads if nobody actually tried to buy it...I could probably go to the movies and see a box labeled "Immortals 11-11-11 OK TO SHOW" and ask if they would let me watch it, but they probably wouldn't.

[quote name='Bosamba']As already pointed out in the stickied thread, the registers will not allow the transaction to go through. To anyone reading this, do not waste your time and gas driving to Kmart hoping to score an early copy of Skyrim.[/QUOTE]

How did it work for MW3 then? Did those ring up like normal?

I tried purchasing a :ps3: copy of Skyrim earlier today along with MW3 but the register denies the sale. Doubt anyone can get it without an override.

Apparently ours is, a guy on craigslist is trying to hawk it for $150, i am going to make a post saying you can get it at kmart to undercut this asshole.

Can't stand people who gouge prices. About to go pick it up myself.

[quote name='Dranakin']How did it work for MW3 then? Did those ring up like normal?[/QUOTE]

I believe prior to that Kmart was one of the last retailers to not have updated the register software to allow for blocked purchases by date. The reason some people would still be able to grab Skyrim at certain stores would then most likely be that a lot of time you have to reboot the cash computers before they receive such an update.

Thus if some Kmarts ignored a mandate to update their registers you would see copies leak but extremely YMMV.

When I picked up MW3 at my Kmart, the electronics lead said someone tried to get him to sell Skyrim earlier in the day. He has them locked up behind the counter until Friday though.

IMAG0040.jpg

Oops.

[quote name='diddy310']
IMAG0040.jpg

Oops.[/QUOTE]

where in NJ?

I was at the Piscataway Kmart today and saw the Xbox 360 copies on display with a little shelf tag that said "releases 11/11/11" in front of it. Just so happened the "Electronics Lead" was ringing me up and I told him how insanely stupid it was that he put games out like that for people to look at, but not be able to buy..

Yeah you can't get it. I tried around 8:30AM EST to do it, but the register blocked it. Would be so awesome to get MW3 and early release Skyrim. I wonder if you could do an exchange to get it. I could see them having some glitch like that.

Kmart finally wised up and started street dating games in the system.

Back when the first Mass Effect came out, they were selling them weeks before release. I ended up flipping one copy on eBay for almost $300. What some people will pay to be the first to play a game. :roll:

bread's done
Back