KMart still has Kinect!

[quote name='Blumpkin']This. Why the hell are people excited to pay $150 for a device they'll use once?[/QUOTE]

use once...really dude-speak for yourself---but I have played this w/ my family-and love it.. have 4 games-all of them are great. not including adventures.

[quote name='cRodz']No it isnt pc bigotry or an opinion

His post is just common sense for me actually
Here repeat after me:

"PC Gaming is superior to Console Gaming"

Good job and welcome to 2010 buddy
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='cRodz']
My PC is outdated. I can barely run Team Fortress 2 and i am sure as hell wont be able to run Crysis any time soon.
[/QUOTE]

Good job at proving Typical Guy's point.

As for the kinect, I'll wait and see. It's funny how we gamers tend to get burned when it comes to being early adopters of new hardware, and yet, we never learn. Examples? 360 RROD, the wii (sigh), and the HIGH ps3 price point at launch... food for thought.

The whole online gaming thing started with me on the Dreamcast, then I went over to the PC but it was a different environment. People took shit way too seriously, that and most of the people I played online with started playing WoW which I could honestly care less for. A lot is true about what some of you have said, they use there PC's as if there measuring there wang.

I'm one of those people that needs to have things day 1, some of you have every right to be skeptical of this, MS doesn't exactly have a clean record and for $150 I don't blame anybody for the bashing. I was skeptical at first but I'll be perfectly honest, I opened it up very carefully so it didn't look like I opened it so if I didn't like it or didn't play well I was going to take it back.
But surprise, I actually like it and enjoyed it very much that I went and purchased 6 games for it.

[quote name='joestar3']I don't know about other areas of the country (I'm in Dallas) but just about every store I've been to has had at least two Kinects in stock. Aside from Amazon "selling out" of them, it doesn't seem like there's that much of a shortage.

Also, it's kind of sad to see how deluded by fanboyism or scared of reprisals from Microsoft everyone is on professional review sites to call the Kinect what it is.[/QUOTE]

Same thing around where I live in NH. My wife and I did some shopping this morning and there was tables full of bundles and single units at all our local stores Bestbuy, Target, Walmart and Toysrus are the ones we stopped at today and most of the displays look like they haven't been touched. Certainly Walmart/Targets displays look just the same as they did when I was in the same stores on Friday afternoon.

[quote name='joestar3']I don't know about other areas of the country (I'm in Dallas) but just about every store I've been to has had at least two Kinects in stock. Aside from Amazon "selling out" of them, it doesn't seem like there's that much of a shortage.

Also, it's kind of sad to see how deluded by fanboyism or scared of reprisals from Microsoft everyone is on professional review sites to call the Kinect what it is.[/QUOTE]

Its selling for over $200 online! Do the math!?? My local Best Buy probably had over 200 and sold out within 3 days!

True about the game type/crowd they're targetting, crodz. It felt just like when the wii was first released. I am currently somewhat iffy about the game types. I will enjoy the sport/dance/etc games for sure, but they will for sure have to consider if they can enhance games that require walking (RPGs/etc) or button presses (gun triggers) without it just being a gimmick. The Wii and PS3 got their convenient sticks, and a full on game controller isn't as convenient as those for motion.

One good part about kinect is that its not just 'motion capture', but it also include voice recognition. I remember sea man as a pretty neat voice recognition game from the dreamcast. So, a combination of controller and kinect might still work out well, with the player moving/acting with a controller, heard by the characters, and with some motion capture enhancements... Or maybe we'll be back to buying peripherals controllers again, like in rockband/music games. I'm semi-skeptical too for now as $150 is rather steep of a price, so I won't pay that full price. I do like that microsoft is trying to push this, unlike when sony was selling their first two versions of eyetoys.

Nice to hear that, skiizim. Do tell about your experience with the other games. I hear a few of them are kinda limited (the fighting game being inaccurate, etc.) I would like to hear from someone who's not just a 'reviewer'. :)

It is interesting to hear that the kinect has been selling out in several areas and not in others, though. So this thread do serve a purpose, I suppose?

Well around here, it didn't appear that any retailer except maybe Best Buy got more than 10 or 15 single units on launch week. Most everyone was sold out of the single units by late Friday evening, although EVERY store still had the console bundles.

I blame early holiday shopping and an effective MS marketing campaign. Seems after Mom and Pop got off work on Friday, a lot of them that already had 360's in the house went out and snatched them up. The most popular title bought locally seemed to be Dance Central, as it was sold out at Best Buy by Saturday early morning and also at a few other stores.

The Velcro on top of the wall mounted tv worked fine, added a bit of sticky back foam insulation pad behind the velcro for stability. The Kinect is kinda heavy, but not where its going to detach from the velcro.

My wife and 3 year old son love the cat game, Kinectimals or whatever its called. The fitness game from Ubisoft, Your Shape, works fairly well too, and you can track stuff online via a Ubisoft website and set calories/time goals and challenges and send them to your friends. Since my wife is the one that wanted it, I sent her a challenge for 2000 calories in 20 days thing. Haven't picked up Dance Central yet, but played it at a friends, and it looks like the most polished title and the best party game, although only one dancer at a time.

If I didn't already have a second Xbox 360 in the house, I would have gotten the $300 Kinect 4g console bundle with the gift card at Toys R Us. That would have been a nice way to upgrade the "main" Xbox 360 used in the house and also pick up Kinect.

I suspect Microsoft put too many into bundles and not enough into separate packages. I checked on late Friday and there were tons everywhere, but there were definitely MORE bundles of both kinds in stacks at Best Buy than there were separate Kinect devices. And Best Buy seemed to have gotten the lion's share of Kinect everything.

[quote name='blissskr']Same thing around where I live in NH. My wife and I did some shopping this morning and there was tables full of bundles and single units at all our local stores Bestbuy, Target, Walmart and Toysrus are the ones we stopped at today and most of the displays look like they haven't been touched. Certainly Walmart/Targets displays look just the same as they did when I was in the same stores on Friday afternoon.[/QUOTE]

I went to Target and Best Buy yesterday and they didn't have any Kinects at all. Best Buy only had pre-orders that didn't have any left.

Today I went to Walmart and they were also sold out, so I think it is dependent on the store and region. Online though it is pretty easy to verify it is sold out at the leading e-tailers. I just checked Target, Walmart, Best Buy, amazon.com, kmart and MS store are all SOLD OUT!

Either way I think MS produced a gazillion of these if they expect to meet their 5 million unit sales target so you are bound to find them in the wild.

[quote name='leopaw']Its selling for over $200 online! Do the math!?? My local Best Buy probably had over 200 and sold out within 3 days![/QUOTE]

That's fine that they're selling for 200, doesn't mean that they'll actually sell at that price. And looking at Ebay, that's definitely the upper end of the price spectrum. It's just some opportunists that bought them hoping that it would be in short supply like the Wii (which, it doesn't appear to be).

Kinect is a neat idea, but it's not like there's anything yet worth playing, or ever will be (if everything turns out to be a waggle-fest like this first crop). To each their own though.

I hear that the dance game and the fitness game are pretty good, with kinectimals being especially good for younger kids. They didn't sound to be waggle-fest, to me. Did hear there are a few lil quirks though about the first two games I mentioned.

I guess a lot of people who would buy kinect already have a console, so there's no reason to get another 360...

bread's done
Back