Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cheapbastard']To Josh or anyone in the know,

If I preorder a ce like mvc3, after I email stockboy what happens?? Is a copy guaranteed for me? Does the store hold a copy for me? tia.[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately it is a bit more crude. The request is not a "hold." It will technically be first come first serve as I don't believe I could keep up emailing each request to the stores.

is there a specific time that kmart stocks newly released games (canceled my preorder on MvC3 from amazon) and are kmarts 24hrs or do both these vary by location?

[quote name='elessar123']Josh, any chance any of the San Diego area Kmarts will receive more LBP2 CEs or should I not bother wasting my time?[/QUOTE]
Definitely a one time shot, sorry!

[quote name='1020chase']is there a specific time that kmart stocks newly released games (canceled my preorder on MvC3 from amazon) and are kmarts 24hrs or do both these vary by location?[/QUOTE]

24 hour k-mart's are a bit tricky. people were having problems when there was coupons attched to certain games. dont think the system updates till after 6am or around there. as for stocking, thats a YMMV. some places do it the first hour of opening up and some places dont have anything out till wednesday/thursday.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Unfortunately it is a bit more crude. The request is not a "hold." It will technically be first come first serve as I don't believe I could keep up emailing each request to the stores.[/QUOTE]

ok, thanks.

My Kmart ran out of LBP2 so I ended up picking ME2 instead with DS2 and some PSN points. Will I be able to exchange ME2 next week for LBP2 even though ME2's price will drop. The clerk at my store wasn't sure when they would get restocked with LBP2, but suggested I come back next week. I would've waited to buy this deal, but I didn't want to miss the free PSN points with DS2.

My visit couldn't have gone smoother. A healthy stock of DS2 and XBL 1600 point cards stacked up neatly in their designated spots topped off by my favorite cashier who informed me a SYWR card isn't required to redeem points (never got mine nor received a replacement) but rather your phone number backed by an employee who knows how the procedure works.

Needless to say yet another request for another card is surely in my near future but I'm glad El Hoardo doesn't think twice in ignoring my location altogether. Thanks for all the hard work SHC. Your deals had me at hello and now I'm in it for the long haul.

Never bought anything from Kmart before but if I buy ME2 now and go back Sunday, will I be able to get a refund for the difference? Thanks in advance.

Turns out my Kmart infact doesn't have any of the 1,600 MS point cards in stock to go along with the DS2 deal. I plan on buying the game and then just sending Josh an email. My question is, for the people that have run into the same situation, what has Josh been doing to fix this? Is he giving you a gift card or something? Just wondering.

[quote name='Rahxephon']Turns out my Kmart infact doesn't have any of the 1,600 MS point cards in stock to go along with the DS2 deal. I plan on buying the game and then just sending Josh an email. My question is, for the people that have run into the same situation, what has Josh been doing to fix this? Is he giving you a gift card or something? Just wondering.[/QUOTE]

Usually.

[quote name='Rahxephon']Turns out my Kmart infact doesn't have any of the 1,600 MS point cards in stock to go along with the DS2 deal. I plan on buying the game and then just sending Josh an email. My question is, for the people that have run into the same situation, what has Josh been doing to fix this? Is he giving you a gift card or something? Just wondering.[/QUOTE]

yes, he'll send out a gift card

Same thing happened to me a couple of dead space 2's left and no xbox points card to be seen. Long story short i bought it w/o the points card.

He told me as long as you email him, he well take care of it Not, sure what he giving out ,as im still waiting for his reply. But he told me as long as you email him, he well take care of it

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Altanis, lower the gun from your right temple. It's not worth it. Sleep on it, at least.[/QUOTE]
Trust me, at 4am I was already long past asleep. I think. And contrary to what you might think, I actually don't own a gun. Well, unless you count a couple nerf guns for my nephews to shoot at each other.

[quote name='confoosious']Why trust your own numbers when you can get anecdotal evidence from CAGs whose sole purpose is to deride you for killing $5 clearance games? :whee:[/QUOTE]
Yeah really. Josh, you should know better than to trust what your numbers say. No matter what, there's always gonna be a few CAGs who don't believe you and just think that it's you getting back at them for denouncing your lack of $5 clearance.

[quote name='Dude_shky']He told me as long as you email him, he well take care of it Not, sure what he giving out ,as im still waiting for his reply. But he told me as long as you email him, he well take care of it[/QUOTE]
Josh confirmed this yesterday and has multiple times. You get a $20 gift card in exchange, which is the same exact value as the points card.

Wow, some sweet deals there.

• :ps3:God of War 3 and God of War Collection $39.98 (Save $50)
I already have both, but man, all three GoW games for $40? You can't go wrong!

Looking forward to:

• :ps3: 2-15 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 25,000 SYWR Points ($25)
  • :ps3: 2-22 Bulletstorm 20,000 SYWR Points ($20)
  • :ps3: 2-22 Killzone 3 20,000 SYWR Points ($20)
And can't wait for:

• :ds: 3-27 3DS Blue and Black Offer TBD
  • :ds: 3-27 3DS Launch Games Offer TBD
Err, we need new icons for the 3DS :lol:

Thank you Josh, I will continue to shop K-mart :)

[quote name='Serpentor']

• :ds: 3-27 3DS Blue and Black Offer TBD
  • :ds: 3-27 3DS Launch Games Offer TBD
Err, we need new icons for the 3DS :lol:
[/QUOTE]

Those are new icons. You just can't see them on your 2D PC.

While it was in no way my intention, I can now confirm something regarding the whole price-matching scenario some of you are hoping to screw them over on.

I went in on my lunch break to get ME2, DS2, and a 1600 points card. Everything rung up perfectly and I had a $10 SMAS coupon I had every intention of using and even had set it on the counter but completely forgot about it because I was using the remainder of an AMEX gift card my wife got for Christmas. So of course I realize it literally 2 seconds too late and I'm so pissed at myself because it was obviously my fault. I ask about a return/re-buy but was worried about the AMEX card I had used. I get to customer service and had probably one of the best experiences imaginable as she thought through several different ways to try to make it right.

What she did was this. She scanned ME2 and returned it, giving me the cash to literally hold in my hand for just a minute. The thing is, it returned it at $44.99 + tax so I'm standing there with $47 and some change while she then scans it again and marks it down to $34.99, leaving me with a $10 bill after I re-bought it. Now I know that wasn't really the right way to do it, but she did what she could to make up the $10 when it was completely my fault.

So for anyone who bought ME2 thinking they could go in next week and have them scan it and get the difference back, guess what? It's already ringing up at that price. \\:D/

Now I know this was already known and/or assumed by some, but just thought a definitive story from today may help silence the abusers.

Hey Josh, just curious about something, I think others have asked too.

With Black & White, when they release, will you be able to buy both in the same transaction and get 30,000 points? Or is it best to just buy 1, get the points, then when you buy the other to use the points from the first?

Now, it makes more sense to me honestly to ring them up separate anyway (although I am sure I am going to get some funny looks, like "whoa, I thought I just redeemed your points.. what does this thing mean there's 15,000 more?").

[quote name='chriscolbert']Now I know this was already known and/or assumed by some, but just thought a definitive story from today may help silence the abusers.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads up, although I think it's got something to do with each game ringing up something different when you return, not necessarily the price next week. So hopefully, next week if people buy ME2 and LBP2 (total: $75), and try to return one, all they get is $37.50 back (half the total).

Hopefully though that's already going to happen. The less Kmart can be shafted by assholes, the better.

[quote name='chriscolbert']While it was in no way my intention, I can now confirm something regarding the whole price-matching scenario some of you are hoping to screw them over on.

I went in on my lunch break to get ME2, DS2, and a 1600 points card. Everything rung up perfectly and I had a $10 SMAS coupon I had every intention of using and even had set it on the counter but completely forgot about it because I was using the remainder of an AMEX gift card my wife got for Christmas. So of course I realize it literally 2 seconds too late and I'm so pissed at myself because it was obviously my fault. I ask about a return/re-buy but was worried about the AMEX card I had used. I get to customer service and had probably one of the best experiences imaginable as she thought through several different ways to try to make it right.

What she did was this. She scanned ME2 and returned it, giving me the cash to literally hold in my hand for just a minute. The thing is, it returned it at $44.99 + tax so I'm standing there with $47 and some change while she then scans it again and marks it down to $34.99, leaving me with a $10 bill after I re-bought it. Now I know that wasn't really the right way to do it, but she did what she could to make up the $10 when it was completely my fault.

So for anyone who bought ME2 thinking they could go in next week and have them scan it and get the difference back, guess what? It's already ringing up at that price. \\:D/

Now I know this was already known and/or assumed by some, but just thought a definitive story from today may help silence the abusers.[/QUOTE]
I doubt its working since you bought it with DS2 and you got both for around 95= to around $47 each

[quote name='rich024']I doubt its working since you bought it with DS2 and you got both for around 95= to around $47 each[/QUOTE]

My point was that some people were planning to buy ME2 and DS2 this week and go back next week when ME2 is on sale for $44.99 and get $15 back because they assumed that ME2 would show at $59.99 and DS2 would show at $29.99.

But since the $30 is split between the two, there won't be a way for them to do that and that is awesome!

[quote name='chriscolbert']But since the $30 is split between the two, there won't be a way for them to do that and that is awesome![/QUOTE]
That is awesome. I am glad that Kmart fixed that.

Hopefully this becomes a new thing.

How is the stock for Two Worlds 2 looking for you guys who are going in Kmart? I want it but am waiting until 1/30 special price offer.

Josh,

I just spoke to Patricia in the electronics department at store #4860. She is aware of the promotion but is not sure the managers are. She asked where I heard of these promotions (ME2 & DS2) and mentioned KmartGamer and your name. She also requested if I could have you contact her or her manager for further assistance. I will be picking up the games shortly, though, she informed me that there are no $20 PSN Cards available, which has been an ongoing dilemma for them. I'll shoot you an E-mail with my receipt info for a $20 Gift Card??

Thanks again Josh.

[quote name='chriscolbert']While it was in no way my intention, I can now confirm something regarding the whole price-matching scenario some of you are hoping to screw them over on.

Now I know this was already known and/or assumed by some, but just thought a definitive story from today may help silence the abusers.[/QUOTE]

Not really sure that people are abusers that were asking that question. It kind of seems like abuse to get a points card deal AND a 50% off deal, but that's perfectly condoned. For all I know, Kmart did it on purpose to get you in the door of the store a 2nd time (I have no idea what their margin is on video games or what their targeted cost to acquire new customers is). It sure seemed like that could have been the intention since the two deals were advertised on consecutive lines in the OP.

So yes, I asked, and I don't really feel like I was trying to abuse the system. I hate all the people on SD that pounce to capitalize on obvious price errors or glitches by the thousands and then whine up a storm when their attempt doesn't work out they wanted. That's not what I was trying to do by asking. If I was trying to be underhanded I would have simply tried to get a price match, not asked an employee here if it was acceptable to do so.

I would like to thank you so much Josh for your kindness. My store did not have any PSN cards so I am getting the amount compensated in a gift card for buying Dead Space 2. So I got ME2, DS2 and a $20 giftcard for $96 total with tax.

Josh you rock so much, and you made my whole week.

I totally missed the LBP2 deal. I picked up dead space 2 and a psn card.Sweet. I was waffleing between the ps3 and the 360 but the ps3 was a limited edition not sure of the difference. I didn't see any limited edition 360 versions. So I picked up the ps3. The teller was surprised when the game card rang up free. Woo Hooo.

[quote name='tranceFusion']Not really sure that people are abusers that were asking that question. It kind of seems like abuse to get a points card deal AND a 50% off deal, but that's perfectly condoned. For all I know, Kmart did it on purpose to get you in the door of the store a 2nd time (I have no idea what their margin is on video games or what their targeted cost to acquire new customers is). It sure seemed like that could have been the intention since the two deals were advertised on consecutive lines in the OP.

So yes, I asked, and I don't really feel like I was trying to abuse the system. I hate all the people on SD that pounce to capitalize on obvious price errors or glitches by the thousands and then whine up a storm when their attempt doesn't work out they wanted. That's not what I was trying to do by asking. If I was trying to be underhanded I would have simply tried to get a price match, not asked an employee here if it was acceptable to do so.[/QUOTE]

Well I'm all about exploiting certain retailers, but obviously I was directing my comments to those that were a bit too vocal considering the great lengths that Josh goes to in order to provide great deals.

I do think it's a bit of a reach to think that this was on purpose though, as Josh had only extended the B1G1 half off deal for the month due to the coupon cancellations.

Thanks buddy! I bought the original, plus dead space 2, got a 1600 points card all for 74. and some change!! Kmart made me one happy customer!

[quote name='gepet0']I totally missed the LBP2 deal. I picked up dead space 2 and a psn card.Sweet. I was waffleing between the ps3 and the 360 but the ps3 was a limited edition not sure of the difference. I didn't see any limited edition 360 versions. So I picked up the ps3. The teller was surprised when the game card rang up free. Woo Hooo.[/QUOTE]

the limited edition has a free copy of Dead Space: Extraction on it. That's the rail shooter game originally made for Wii, but now with upgraded graphics and Move compatibility. It got generally great reviews on the wii, and is supposed to be even better for PS3. You chose wisely.

[quote name='chriscolbert']My point was that some people were planning to buy ME2 and DS2 this week and go back next week when ME2 is on sale for $44.99 and get $15 back because they assumed that ME2 would show at $59.99 and DS2 would show at $29.99.

But since the $30 is split between the two, there won't be a way for them to do that and that is awesome![/QUOTE]

While pointing this out may have seemed like a good idea, if you realize what you're missing it might accomplish the opposite. Thankfully, not too many people feel like reading the entire thread.

Although I do wonder how it'd work in the other situations.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Well I'm all about exploiting certain retailers, but obviously I was directing my comments to those that were a bit too vocal considering the great lengths that Josh goes to in order to provide great deals.

I do think it's a bit of a reach to think that this was on purpose though, as Josh had only extended the B1G1 half off deal for the month due to the coupon cancellations.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know Josh was responsible for actually creating the deals, and I don't know what "coupon cancellations" are... so maybe it isn't as much of a stretch if you aren't a K-Mart regular :)

easy peasy, lbp2 + ds2 + psn card + wii card + couple random items, used some sywr points in and out in under 10 minutes for $70 plus tax.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Well I'm all about exploiting certain retailers, but obviously I was directing my comments to those that were a bit too vocal considering the great lengths that Josh goes to in order to provide great deals.

I do think it's a bit of a reach to think that this was on purpose though, as Josh had only extended the B1G1 half off deal for the month due to the coupon cancellations.[/QUOTE]
You're putting Josh on way too high of a pedestal. Pretty creepy if you ask me.

Before anyone jumps down my throat, I have a real good reason for asking this. Here is the reason:

http://www.next-gen.biz/news/bioware-aware-of-ps3-mass-effect-2-save-bug

ME2 has a bug that can potentially lead to screwing up your HD so I'm just not going to play it until I am convinced it is fixed.

What will happen if I return it to K-mart? I would sell it but I do not want other people to buy this game and mess up their game save or ps3.

[quote name='shoe478']Before anyone jumps down my throat, I have a real good reason for asking this. Here is the reason:

ME2 has a bug that can potentially lead to screwing up your HD so I'm just not going to play it until I am convinced it is fixed.

What will happen if I return it to K-mart? I would sell it but I do not want other people to buy this game and mess up their game save or ps3.[/QUOTE]
You won't be able to return it--exchange it, yes...return it, no.

That is good to know, thanks for answering my question.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']You won't be able to return it--exchange it, yes...return it, no.[/QUOTE]

I have a hard time believing that I cannot return it. I'll let you know though, this game is useless until they patch it.

[quote name='shoe478']I have a hard time believing that I cannot return it. I'll let you know though, this game is useless until they patch it.[/QUOTE]
Did you open it? If so...you're not returning it.

You used to be able to years ago...but those days are over.

I remember an MLB2K game had a SEVERE bug on the 360 about 3 years ago where you had to have a completely clean hard-drive (i.e. no saves whatsoever) to play the game properly...no one was able to return it. Gamestop told me to f right off. They'd exchange it for a new copy (which did nothing) but that's it.

You can only return open software for a full refund when it is deemed defective (read: recall) Which I don't think has ever happened.

[quote name='shoe478']Before anyone jumps down my throat, I have a real good reason for asking this. Here is the reason:

What will happen if I return it to K-mart? I would sell it but I do not want other people to buy this game and mess up their game save or ps3.[/QUOTE]

Why don't you just wait until they patch it?

Just picked up Dead Space 2 for the 360. Of course they didn't have any ms points cards and the guy said they never even had any for weeks. How am I supposed to get my 1600 points now?

[quote name='FINALBOSS']You're putting Josh on way too high of a pedestal. Pretty creepy if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

Huh? If you're too naive to realize what Josh is doing for the CAG community then I genuinely cannot help you. I'm not putting him on a pedestal, I'm simply giving credit where credit is due.

And trying to further take advantage of an already great deal by price matching is scamming. Pretty simple actually. Only people that actually bought just ME2 for $59.99 within 7 days have a legitimate price match.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Huh? If you're too naive to realize what Josh is doing for the CAG community then I genuinely cannot help you. I'm not putting him on a pedestal, I'm simply giving credit where credit is due.

And trying to further take advantage of an already great deal by price matching is scamming. Pretty simple actually. Only people that actually bought just ME2 for $59.99 within 7 days have a legitimate price match.[/QUOTE]
It is most CERTAINLY NOT scamming. The policy has been around long before Josh or video-game deals came to be or CAG came to be.

It doesn't matter if you bought JUST ME2 or ME2 and another game...you still paid 60 for ME2.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']It is most CERTAINLY NOT scamming. The policy has been around long before Josh or video-game deals came to be or CAG came to be.

It doesn't matter if you bought JUST ME2 or ME2 and another game...you still paid 60 for ME2.[/QUOTE]

Please tell me that you understand the concept of how a bundle promotion can apply the savings any way they want to program it. When you agree to buy another game at half off, it only makes sense to split the savings between the two so you actually pay $44.99 for each. Sure the receipt may say $59.99 and $29.99, but the $44.99 kicks in on returns to prevent exploitation.

[quote name='danishmaggot']Just picked up Dead Space 2 for the 360. Of course they didn't have any ms points cards and the guy said they never even had any for weeks. How am I supposed to get my 1600 points now?[/QUOTE]

You could read the OP, which tells you pretty clearly what to do under the Dead Space 2 promo if your store is out of cards...

[quote name='gepet0']I totally missed the LBP2 deal. I picked up dead space 2 and a psn card.Sweet. I was waffleing between the ps3 and the 360 but the ps3 was a limited edition not sure of the difference. I didn't see any limited edition 360 versions. So I picked up the ps3. The teller was surprised when the game card rang up free. Woo Hooo.[/QUOTE]
You haven't missed the LBP2 deal, it ends 2/12.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back