Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='chriscolbert']Well then send Josh an email. I really wasn't trying to be a smart ass, but the fact is you seemed to know about the SYWR deals coming up, so I assumed you read the OP, which is put together by Josh. Just think of it as me directing you where to look for Josh's response that was there the whole time.

Again, this is a thread that is obviously here because of Josh, but some of us have more time than others to read every damn post while we sit bored at work and can actually provide accurate answers based on experience or things Josh has already addressed. But if none of our answers are going to be good enough then like I said earlier, just send Josh an email. His address is also in the OP.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Altanis']:applause: :applause: :applause:

Well said.[/QUOTE]

thanks for telling me info i already know

Just got me me2, dcu and two worlds 4 117 included tax. Was gonna get just me2 and 2w2 but dcu was discounted anyways. Both me2 and dcu was 45 respectfully, bogo was applied. 2w2 was 40. Tax in cali sucks. Anyhow, took awhile to these games. Lady at the counter was very friendly. Greeted me as I strolled in, went to the display cases 2 see the games, saw me2 but didn't see 2w2 (only Xbox). Went to see the lady and asked. Said she saw those games but didn't know they went. She opens the display case and looks, checks behind the me2 display a basketball game and dcu was there. She goes back to her computer and checks says there's 2. Happily she says she'll go to the back. As I was Waiting, I decided to go back to the display, the game on display next to me2 was Spiderman SD. I look closer to see the games behind it, barely reading out the titles. 2 games behind I could hardly see that the titles didn't match. The lady came back saying she couldn't find it. I asked her if open the display again and check behind the spidey game. she looked and BAM! 2 copiesof 2w2 where there. lady shook her head and said the employes must've accidentally put a game in front of it :/

[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']There's actually an edit button, so you can just fix the original error. Though extra posts just serves to up the thread's post count and help send us on to 5.0, I'm fairly certain the infighting and ignorance of the deals listed clearly in the OP don't really need anymore help. ;)[/QUOTE]
+1 Not only do you explain the use of the edit button, you show how it's used.

[quote name='sadboy']+1 Not only do you explain the use of the edit button, you show how it's used.[/QUOTE]

And it was entirely accidental, too. :lol:

No seriously, it was. I put "listed" twice and overlooked it.

[quote name='kingtopher']It's possible that the deal actually works for any game $59.99 and under instead of only games priced at $59.99.[/QUOTE]
Nope. What's likely happening is that the system is applying the BOGO on all $59.99 games, whether they are on sale from $59.99 to another price, or if they are $59.99 period. It could be a plethora of things, but it's not BOGO for all $59.99 and under games- Josh made it pretty clear that wasn't possible no matter how hard he tried.

[quote name='Darkprime']went to kmart this morning for a price adjustment on ME2 and was denied (it's return value was $44.99). Oh well, DS2, $20 PSN card, and that for $90 was still pretty good.[/QUOTE]
As was expected. You essentially paid $45 for ME2 and $45 for DS2. Obviously, since that's what the receipt sees you having paid, there's no price adjustment that is going to occur. This theory of "Buy ME2 now, price adjust it January 30" was thrown out the window a couple days ago.

[quote name='AcesHigh']I'm going to go today and try and do the ME2 and Black Ops deal and see if they stack. Last time I went for DS2 the guy didn't know what he was doing and was amazed when I rang everything up for him and the price was $90.[/QUOTE]
Common Sense Moment: If the DS2 deal with the free $20 points card would stack with the BOGO 50% off deal, then the COD:BO deal with a free points card will stack. You don't have to see if they will, it's common sense that they will.

The guy was amazed probably because the BOGO deal was not featured in the ad, and thus very few people actually knew about it.

[quote name='Cangriman']Are the deals different depending your location? Because I just check out the weekly add and it does show up Mass Effect 2 for $44.99 but it doesn't said get another $59.99 game 50% off. It only show that if you buy ME2 you get Dragon Age: Origin Ultimate Edition 50% off.[/QUOTE]
The deals are only different around NYC and a few other isolated areas, as they don't participate in the weekly circulars. The BOGO deal works no matter where you are because it was featured in the KmartGamer.com blog. The Weekly Ad isn't applicable in all locations, but the blog is.

[quote name='mikwiz']I really want the Two Worlds 2 deal, but I am clueless on how to get it. Can anyone help me? I would love to just order it online but I don't even see the game listed for xbox . . . :([/QUOTE]
http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_018V001303000000P?prdNo=4
I promise that it wasn't difficult. All I did was go to Kmart.com and searched for Two Worlds and that was the second result. Yeah.... It's $60 on the website though (I'll guess that Josh hasn't had that fixed yet, since he said it would be $40 there as well).

You can also just go to the store and buy it...

[quote name='Scorch']It's tricky. Here's how.

Wake up
Shower
Grab car keys
Unlock car (YMMV)
Start car
Drive to K-Mart
Exit car (REMEMBER TO LOCK IT UPON EXIT!)
Enter K-Mart
Walk to electronics section
Wait
Wait
Watch an employee walk by you and look at you oddly, like you're on display at a museum
Wait
After ten minutes, walk to the front and ask for someone to come to electronics
Return to electronics
Ask for "Two Worlds II"
Employee will get game
Employee scans game
You pay for the game
You receive the game

:)[/QUOTE]
:applause: That was funny. And true. And sad that you had to post that. Still funny though :D.

[quote name='Cangriman']I just check the weekly add of New York and it also show the same thing I wrote. What I'm worrying about is that the weekly ad said something but in the first page on this thread it said another deal. Like it doesn't even show the LBP2 deal as well.

I will just call in case.[/QUOTE]
Calling won't help you. Like we have said about 50 times already, unless it's in the weekly ad (and the BOGO deal is on the blog, which is different), VERY FEW (under 1%) of workers will know about the Buy ME2 or LBP2, get 50% off another game deal. Period. If you call, you're going to get shot down, get angry, and cause unnecessary grief.
Just go to the store, get the games you want, and have them ring it up. If it doesn't ring up how much you want it ring up, then just walk away. If it doesn't show the BOGO deal, then Josh can make it right.

[quote name='aleraiders']thanks for telling me info i already know[/QUOTE]
The point was more that Josh isn't the only one who knows what he is talking about. There are plenty of us here that know what's going on and can help people. If you don't like that, just fricking email Josh anyway. Chances are you're going to be told exactly what we told you anyway.

Thanks Altanis for all your hard work as Kmart unofficial CSR. I nominate you as the best non-paid employee of the month for Kmart.

Yes, I found Mass Effect 2. The key was to drive 30 minutes away to the Kmart by the trailer parks.

I just got ME2 on PS3 at the Doraville, GA store, and the price rang up for 59.99, not 44.99. $I tried to get an adjustment by referring them to the blog, but they didn't think it was an official K-mart site. I sent an email to Josh, but just wanted to let Atlanta CAGs know.

[quote name='DrAndonuts']I just got ME2 on PS3 at the Doraville, GA store, and the price rang up for 59.99, not 44.99. $I tried to get an adjustment by referring them to the blog, but they didn't think it was an official K-mart site. I sent an email to Josh, but just wanted to let Atlanta CAGs know.[/QUOTE]
Did they reboot the register? It's probably not ringing up correctly because the register hasn't been rebooted since ~6am.

[quote name='cheapbrokegamer']Thanks Attanis[/QUOTE]
Aww, so close...

Anyone do Mass Effect 2 and Dead Space 2? The K-Mat I went to had ME2 and Dragon Age labeled like in the weekly ad. I don't want to make a trip back there and be blocked on the deal when I bring both up to the register.

The PSP was also labeled the sale price, so I'll probably pick one up when I go back.

Went to my Kmart for Two Worlds and ME but I didn't see Two Worlds or an employee to ask if they had it so I might just wait until tomorrow to check again.

[quote name='Blackout']Anyone do Mass Effect 2 and Dead Space 2? The K-Mat I went to had ME2 and Dragon Age labeled like in the weekly ad. I don't want to make a trip back there and be blocked on the deal when I bring both up to the register.

The PSP was also labeled the sale price, so I'll probably pick one up when I go back.[/QUOTE]

Worked for me. The cashier rang up Dead space 2 first, then Mass effect 2. Then she looked confused. Then she told me I saved alot of money.

[quote name='Altanis']Did they reboot the register? It's probably not ringing up correctly because the register hasn't been rebooted since ~6am.[/QUOTE]

I think so. I got Two Worlds II on the same transaction and that rang up as 19.99.

anyone able to get the Black Ops deal to work? My Kmart was not very helpful and said they know nothing of this deal. Its the game for 47.99 plus the 1600 point card

is it a situation where i need to have them ring up both items in order to get the card for no charge?

[quote name='Maynard46']anyone able to get the Black Ops deal to work? My Kmart was not very helpful and said they know nothing of this deal. Its the game for 47.99 plus the 1600 point card

is it a situation where i need to have them ring up both items in order to get the card for no charge?[/QUOTE]
Yes they both need rung up. The points card should then be free. Don't ask anyone about the deal just do it. If it doesn't work right when they tell you your total just tell them nevermind or buy it and Josh here will probably be able to help if you email him.

[quote name='cheapbrokegamer']Worked for me. The cashier rang up Dead space 2 first, then Mass effect 2. Then she looked confused. Then she told me I saved alot of money.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Das_Regal']Deadspace 2 + ME 2 rung up just fine for me at 81 or so (with tax).[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the confirmation guys. I'm gonna head back there today and pick up both games.

[quote name='DrAndonuts']I think so. I got Two Worlds II on the same transaction and that rang up as 19.99.[/QUOTE]
Nice one.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Yes they both need rung up. The points card should then be free. Don't ask anyone about the deal just do it. If it doesn't work right when they tell you your total just tell them nevermind or buy it and Josh here will probably be able to help if you email him.[/QUOTE]

thanks. i will give it another try.

Picked up ME2 and LBP2. For some reason the register only took off 22.50 from LBP2. Figured I was getting a good deal already and wasn't going to make a big fuss over $8.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']Why don't you guys reserve some of your games if you're worried about stock by using www.mygopher.com? I know it's not available in all stores, but it works wonders to reserve a copy in the store and have it waiting for you when you get there.[/QUOTE]

If anyone ever uses mygopher, be 100% sure you're not going to end up canceling the order. It took me 2 months to get a refund from a canceled mygopher order.

[quote name='kingtopher']Are there any reviews of Two Worlds II out there? Or can anyone comment on the game? I haven't read much about it, but if I can get it for $20 and sell my copy of ME2 at cost online I'd be interested.[/QUOTE]

Keep ME2 as well...you won't regret it. Anyway, I've only been playing about 8 hours but I think TW2 is pretty good. The combat and animations can be a bit clunky but I do like the item crafting system, the graphics and even the voice acting & script. The VA is not perfect of course but it's not as bad as many have made it out to be and there are some good tongue-in-cheek moments that got a good laugh out of me.

[quote name='foreinter']Have anyone tried ME2 and Black OPS combo to see if the system took 50% off BO?[/QUOTE]
Is BO $59.99?

Then the system will take 50% off it.

Looks like they forgot to make exceptions for games on sale this week. Currently it's just Two Worlds II. I do wonder if they made exceptions to the other games on sale this week. Only through testing will we know.

If they want to fix it it'll only be good for today, and possibly tomorrow.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Sooo, any word on the clearance list or did that take a backseat after the coupon fiasco?[/QUOTE]
Josh said he'd have a finalized list around Feb 13.

I'm guessing we'll find out around then as well.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']I was able to get a price adjustment without an issue. So it might be YMMV.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I should try and get a PM.

Two Worlds II has some flaws without a doubt there are a few things about it that are incredible. The world is crafted intricately by hand as opposed to Oblivion where everything has that prefabricated feel. I really love exploring its world.

[quote name='Altanis']Josh said he'd have a finalized list around Feb 13.

I'm guessing we'll find out around then as well.[/QUOTE]

Oh, my bad, I stopped reading the thread for a few days.

[quote name='Killbomb']If anyone ever uses mygopher, be 100% sure you're not going to end up canceling the order. It took me 2 months to get a refund from a canceled mygopher order.

Keep ME2 as well...you won't regret it. Anyway, I've only been playing about 8 hours but I think TW2 is pretty good. The combat and animations can be a bit clunky but I do like the item crafting system, the graphics and even the voice acting & script. The VA is not perfect of course but it's not as bad as many have made it out to be and there are some good tongue-in-cheek moments that got a good laugh out of me.[/QUOTE]

I only mentioned selling it because I used the same deal to buy ME2 and DS2 this morning.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Hi! We definitely sent more than 2 per store of LBP 2; it was over 9 on average. We were above 98.5% through yesterday on the promotion. I am sorry they ran out though at this particualr store and it sounds like there was some extra drama to boot!
[/QUOTE]

The assistant manager was very clear that they only received two at that particular store, because he was going to buy it that night. Both copies sold to the same person when the store opened that day. By the time it comes in again, the deal will be over, not that it particularly matters to me anymore. On a side note, the assistant manager bought it at the same place I did, because the closest KMart that actually got more than 2 copies was almost 15 miles away.

I have created a Kmartgamer pebble group for internal associates and try to keep it updated as much as possible. We also have created signage for each event we have created. It has been downloaded to the store, whether the store puts it out is another matter unfortunately. I know that there needs be dramatic improvement, it has been needed since we started this thing all the way since last April. There does seem to be some internal traction this week in particular that could lead to some cool improvements.

As happy as I am to see something being put into motion (I would actually like to see the Pebble training being mandatory for the electronic leads, personally), but as you said, you started this last April. That's a long time. My wife has been at that store long before you started this, and has seen little change. Don't get me wrong, these deals are pretty good, but they don't mean a thing to me if I can't get in on them. It'd be wonderful if I could drop her off Tuesday morning, walk in, grab what I want and be done with it, but I just don't think supply is meeting demand on this one.

Can't say I'm really thrilled about the deals going SYWR either, to be honest. Every time I buy a candybar, I get a long, long receipt and then I get the same thing emailed to me. I get that you guys need your precious tracking info, but man, let us opt out if we want to.

You do have quite the fanclub here, which means that this post will be lost in the sea of "DUDE JOSH IS GOD, LEAVE HIM ALONE OMG," replies, but this is the feedback you're really looking for -- not the dicktuggers who will dissipate just as soon as the deals stop coming. I spend a lot of money at Kmart, mostly because I'm always dropping her off and picking her up, and it'd be nice if I could get my games there.. But it just doesn't appear that it's going to work that way.

Sorry Josh, it just feels like too little, too late. I know one customer doesn't make a difference, but I think I'll just stick to GameStop and Best Buy.

[quote name='Killbomb']Just price matched Two Worlds 2 without issue at a Kmart other than the one where I purchased it.[/QUOTE]

If you dont mind answering a few questions, is two worlds class based? Is there any character customization? I normally keep up with games rather well, but hadnt really thought much about the game, because I figured it would end up sucking ass. I really hope the game is good though and can hold me over to DA 2.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Oh, my bad, I stopped reading the thread for a few days.[/QUOTE]
No problem. I'll admit that question isn't one that's been addressed a lot. In fact, I think it's been addressed only once in this thread and once in the last thread (by Josh directly, anyway).

[quote name='jaysapathy']The assistant manager was very clear that they only received two at that particular store, because he was going to buy it that night. Both copies sold to the same person when the store opened that day. By the time it comes in again, the deal will be over, not that it particularly matters to me anymore. On a side note, the assistant manager bought it at the same place I did, because the closest KMart that actually got more than 2 copies was almost 15 miles away.[/QUOTE]
Let's see, it's a contest between the words of the person who buys the video games for the entire store chain, versus the words of an assistant manager, about who is correct on stock. I know who I would pick ;). You're really going to gripe that the next Kmart is 15 miles away? 15 miles is nothing. Tallahassee has 1 Kmart. The next closest? Either Valdosta GA (90ish miles) or Perry FL (about 77 miles).

Can't say I'm really thrilled about the deals going SYWR either, to be honest. Every time I buy a candybar, I get a long, long receipt and then I get the same thing emailed to me. I get that you guys need your precious tracking info, but man, let us opt out if we want to.
The deals are in SYWR points, which are stored on the card. They aren't printed on the receipt, other than 3 lines that tell you what your points earned, bonus points earned, and total points balance are.

You do have quite the fanclub here, which means that this post will be lost in the sea of "DUDE JOSH IS GOD, LEAVE HIM ALONE OMG," replies, but this is the feedback you're really looking for -- not the dicktuggers who will dissipate just as soon as the deals stop coming. I spend a lot of money at Kmart, mostly because I'm always dropping her off and picking her up, and it'd be nice if I could get my games there.. But it just doesn't appear that it's going to work that way.
No one has said that Josh is god. You're also assuming that April to January (9 months) is a long amount of time in retail. Josh is pretty much trying to completely overhaul Kmart, and thankfully he's gaining some traction. 9 months is nothing to do that, especially when he's trying to prove to the higher-ups that change is needed- something that must be done with monetary figures that take time to obtain.

Sorry Josh, it just feels like too little, too late. I know one customer doesn't make a difference, but I think I'll just stick to GameStop and Best Buy.
Feel free to continue paying MSRP.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']If you dont mind answering a few questions, is two worlds class based? Is there any character customization? I normally keep up with games rather well, but hadnt really thought much about the game, because I figured it would end up sucking ass. I really hope the game is good though and can hold me over to DA 2.[/QUOTE]

You get skill points that you can put into several different talent areas. The three main areas are warrior, archer and mage skills. You have to find skillbooks to unlock most of the talents. Some can be bought for outrageous prices at shops and others are found by exploring. You also get attribute points which can go into endurance, strength (melee damage and weight carried), accuracy (ranged damage) and magic. I think you can effectively dual class since I am spreading out points equally between endurance, strength and accuracy and doing fine.

The character customization is fairly deep at the beginning. There are many options for adjusting the looks of your character. You can only be male though (at least in the single player, haven't tried MP). You can also dye your armor different colors during the game.

One flaw I did forget to mention earlier is the enemy AI. It is pretty bad. Many times they will attack in strange ways or even just stand there. I've read you can also get them caught on the environment enabling you to defeat enemies much stronger than you by whittling them down. I can overlook it though because the game is still fun.

[quote name='jaysapathy']

Sorry Josh, it just feels like too little, too late. I know one customer doesn't make a difference, but I think I'll just stick to GameStop and Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

Almost every GameStop gives you a 2 foot long reciept with "fill out our survey" "pre order this" "go to gamestop.com" "here is your edge card number" Not to mention being hassled to buy loads of bullshit you do not want, along with selling "new" games that the employees have taken home and played.

Best Buy won't let you check out without buying a magazine and a soda, and their employees would be happy to sell you a $250 HDMI cable. Last time I was in there it took a half hour to do a simple trade in that was advertised in their weekly ad.

My stance has always been that every retailer has problems, but at least kmart has deals and an awesome rep who makes himself available to fix those problems.

But, by all means, enjoy going to gamestop, giving them $5 months ahead of time to make sure you get a copy, and then paying MSRP on release day while being talked down to like some kind of moron who can't make your own choices about what to buy.

So I decided to call my nearest store and check to see if they maybe had Two Worlds 2 and I have been on hold now for 25 minutes. So either they are really busy or the person that answered is ignoring the call.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions Killbomb, looks like I'll pick this up during the summer for 20ish, summer looks dry, so it'll be something to play until big titles start raining in September.

The "DEFEND JOSH!" posts showed up sooner than I thought they would. Sad.

So, what was I supposed to do, just not buy it? KMart didn't have it, and wouldn't have it until the sale was over.

Sorry for the interruption -- please continue defending the guy.

[quote name='jaysapathy']The "DEFEND JOSH!" posts showed up sooner than I thought they would. Sad.

So, what was I supposed to do, just not buy it? KMart didn't have it, and wouldn't have it until the sale was over.

Sorry for the interruption -- please continue defending the guy.[/QUOTE]

This is about you obviously ignoring the problems other retailers have with issues like "long reciepts" and rewards cards, and the huge pain in the ass that gamestop is.

I say if I'm going to get the runaround I'd rather get some money off for it. If kmart didn't have it, go get it somewhere else. I say it's still worth trying them first as they have the best deals.

Otherwise I stick to amazon. 0% bullshit.

Just came back from Kmart. I bought ME2, Xbox Black Ops, and 1600 points card for $73 (including tax). It does take $24 off of Black Ops. It's pretty slick deal. Thanks Josh.

[quote name='foreinter']Just came back from Kmart. I bought ME2, Xbox Black Ops, and 1600 points card for $73 (including tax). It does take $24 off of Black Ops. It's pretty slick deal. Thanks Josh.[/QUOTE]
Sometimes, I go to Slickdeals and say things like, "I'm such a cheap ass." Just kidding.

[quote name='jaysapathy']The "DEFEND JOSH!" posts showed up sooner than I thought they would. Sad.

Sorry for the interruption -- please continue defending the guy.[/QUOTE]

Amazon is infinitely superior to Best Buy and Gamestop, but that's just my opinion and I also have Prime for shipping.

[quote name='jer7583']Gamestop is the worst place to buy videogames.[/QUOTE]

I agree unless it's a niche title that no other B&M store is carrying. My friend told me he paid off MvC3 there the other day and I asked him why he shops at Gamestop when there are much better deals to be had elsewhere. His answer was that he has tons of credit which I hope he got by taking advantage of one of the trade-in deals and not just giving a ton of games to them for basically nothing in return. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back