Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='esq373']great the blog says purchase Mass Effect 2 for the PS3 for $59.99 and get 50% off. But since ME2 is $45 the kmart reps will just deny it. Looks like there is no point in going back tomorrow. I wish the offers were applicable online too[/QUOTE]

Not sure if this helps but when I was getting the deal earlier this afternoon I watched the register as the employee scanned the games. When the EE first scanned ME2, it did show as 59.99 as did my second game. It wasn't until he hit total and I was ready to swipe my card that the discounts actually registered. Don't know if you actually went that far in the process or not because like I said, they were showing as 59.99 the entire time until up the point I actually swiped my credit card.

[quote name='Ray5555']You know sometimes you got to take the assistant manager at his word. You know even Josh could be wrong via somebody gave him the wrong information. So just don't assume that Josh knows more about the store's inventory than the assistant manager. Unless Josh goes to every store and personally sees they get their allotment of games personally. Then there is chance of error on his part. All I am trying to say is don't discredit the assistant manager here.

No, but the way people act and jump all over a person for criticizing Josh or kmart in general is rediculous. All he is doing is trying to revitalize kmart's video game division, not the whole company. 9 months is a good amount of time to get this done but he has not.

Yes he has done good but he has yet to improve the quality if service or the awareness of these offers in stores. While he tries to improve the deals at kmart, he has failed to improve the quality of service. Yes 9 months is a short time for change in monetary terms but it is a good chunk of time to improve on customer service which should have been his first move. No matter how good the deal is if the customer service is poor then people will go other stores. In other words Josh's first move should have been fix the customer service first then the deals.

Yes the deals will get the customer in the door. But with poor customer service you won't be able to sell what you put on sale.[/QUOTE]
I truly wish I had direct control over many of the issues that are still out there. As a corporate buyer I have the ability to 100% affect certain aspects of Kmart both good and bad (I know I've made my share of mistakes) but I definitely feel the pain when I hear about problems that I just simply can raise a flag to but cannot change on my own.

[quote name='esq373']whats the right way? I told the guy to scan Dead Space 2 since I saw an earlier post that said scanning DS2 first worked if thats what you mean?I'm disappointed the deal didn't work since I was hoping to buy both for $80ish with tax.[/QUOTE]
Hi! Whenever there is an issue in which a deal isn't ringing up correctly which should not be the case feel free to purchase one of the games (which ever is more convenient) and I'll provide help to secure the other game at the advertised price.

[quote name='thanossurfer']Does anyone know if the $50 gift card with the purchase of the PS3 can be used immediately or is there a waiting period similar to the coupons? Thanks for everyone's help. I called Kmart but they were not sure..shocking I know lol.[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure on this either to be quite honest.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I'm not sure on this either to be quite honest.[/QUOTE]

It will work right away. 100% sure since I work there and it happened today. :)

I just wanted to thank Josh for making these deals possible and for telling us about it. I was able to buy ME2 and DS2 for $75, and that is an amazing deal since DS2 released this past Tuesday. Should I write an email? I know at my job, corporate loves when you write emails about their wonderful service.

[quote name='martinez91']It will work right away. 100% sure since I work there and it happened today. :)[/QUOTE]

Them's fighting words. Throwdown!

[quote name='martinez91']It will work right away. 100% sure since I work there and it happened today. :)[/QUOTE]
Very cool! Thanks.

Well, definitely going to Kmart to pick up MVC3 (Hopefully CE!). Would've Amazon'd it, but no CE in stock plus only $10 GC makes this a lot more enticing.

Josh did every store get stock of Two Worlds 2?

I will email stock-boy if not. I hate calling stores because it takes so long to find anything out, if they're even looking and not just telling you no.

[quote name='jaysapathy']The assistant manager was very clear that they only received two at that particular store, because he was going to buy it that night. Both copies sold to the same person when the store opened that day. By the time it comes in again, the deal will be over, not that it particularly matters to me anymore. On a side note, the assistant manager bought it at the same place I did, because the closest KMart that actually got more than 2 copies was almost 15 miles away.

As happy as I am to see something being put into motion (I would actually like to see the Pebble training being mandatory for the electronic leads, personally), but as you said, you started this last April. That's a long time. My wife has been at that store long before you started this, and has seen little change. Don't get me wrong, these deals are pretty good, but they don't mean a thing to me if I can't get in on them. It'd be wonderful if I could drop her off Tuesday morning, walk in, grab what I want and be done with it, but I just don't think supply is meeting demand on this one.

Can't say I'm really thrilled about the deals going SYWR either, to be honest. Every time I buy a candybar, I get a long, long receipt and then I get the same thing emailed to me. I get that you guys need your precious tracking info, but man, let us opt out if we want to.

You do have quite the fanclub here, which means that this post will be lost in the sea of "DUDE JOSH IS GOD, LEAVE HIM ALONE OMG," replies, but this is the feedback you're really looking for -- not the dicktuggers who will dissipate just as soon as the deals stop coming. I spend a lot of money at Kmart, mostly because I'm always dropping her off and picking her up, and it'd be nice if I could get my games there.. But it just doesn't appear that it's going to work that way.

Sorry Josh, it just feels like too little, too late. I know one customer doesn't make a difference, but I think I'll just stick to GameStop and Best Buy.[/QUOTE]
I have always uniquely valued your feedback and appreciate the honest criticism you have provided since the beginning. Unfortunately, as a buyer there are particular areas that I have a lot of control over and many I do not. I have worked as hard as I can however imperfectly to make a compelling case for Kmart to invest heavily into the gaming department and though 9 months may seem like a long time to some, I am proud of the progress we have made. There are very obvious issues that we still need help with and I continue to fight the good fight every day and I'm hoping things improve and I believe they will. As far as the support here on CAG, you do not see the countless late nights, long weekends and aggravation of hitting new roadblocks every day and yet it is here that I continue to find encouragement from many people that provide wonderful motivation to me in order to do my best.

As for the stock issue, our inventory manager has become very involved here and despite my sadistic undertones is a fantastic guy. If you are ever interested in seeing an order for a store he will definitely help out.

[quote name='udryguy']Not sure if this helps but when I was getting the deal earlier this afternoon I watched the register as the employee scanned the games. When the EE first scanned ME2, it did show as 59.99 as did my second game. It wasn't until he hit total and I was ready to swipe my card that the discounts actually registered. Don't know if you actually went that far in the process or not because like I said, they were showing as 59.99 the entire time until up the point I actually swiped my credit card.[/QUOTE]

He just scanned both games though Mass Effect 2 appeared as $44.99
not $59.99 like you say. I'll go back and buy ME2 only if the 50% doesn't activate and email Josh.

[quote name='Altanis']It's all week.

I don't think that Josh will ever have a one day sale that isn't Black Friday (or similar) related.[/QUOTE]
Very true, I'll defintiely call it out if there is any a specific deal time frame that isn't the regular week long promotional window.

[quote name='jer7583']Josh did every store get stock of Two Worlds 2?

I will email stock-boy if not. I hate calling stores because it takes so long to find anything out, if they're even looking and not just telling you no.[/QUOTE]
Every store received it, I'll have to check with Andrew though tomorrow on what stores may have sold through or not though.

[quote name='esq373']He just scanned both games though Mass Effect 2 appeared as $44.99
not $59.99 like you say. I'll go back and buy ME2 only if the 50% doesn't activate and email Josh.[/QUOTE]

Just make sure you let them ring the transaction through to completion. Sometimes the deals don't activate until they finalize and are ready to accept payment.

[quote name='Interfeci']Looks like they forgot to make exceptions for games on sale this week. Currently it's just Two Worlds II. I do wonder if they made exceptions to the other games on sale this week. Only through testing will we know.

If they want to fix it it'll only be good for today, and possibly tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
Didn't make exceptions, didn't feel the need actually. I have the appropriate funding in order to pull it off.

hey josh, since you seem to be online right now i'll repeat a question before it gets lost in the wind:

can you please clarify:

2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 10,000 SYWR Points ($10)
  • Free Test Drive PSP with PS3 purchase

does that mean Test Drive Unlimited for PSP that was released in 2007?

question #2: if so, and our local store has none in stock... what happens?

(also note that the wording is odd; you may want to make it 'ps3 version' so that people don't start thinking you need to buy a ps3. this is obvious... but given the track record here...)

[quote name='jaredstorm']Dragon Age 2 $30 Coupon

Make it happen. :][/QUOTE]
:) I'm shooting for a 20 points offer but thank you for the suggestion. I think a $30 on DA2 might put me in the umemployment line.

[quote name='affa']hey josh, since you seem to be online right now i'll repeat a question before it gets lost in the wind:

can you please clarify:

2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 10,000 SYWR Points ($10)
  • Free Test Drive PSP with PS3 purchase

does that mean Test Drive Unlimited for PSP that was released in 2007?

question #2: if so, and our local store has none in stock... what happens?

(also note that the wording is odd; you may want to make it 'ps3 version' so that people don't start thinking you need to buy a ps3. this is obvious... but given the track record here...)[/QUOTE]
It is Test Drive 1 for the PSP yes. You're right on the offer update as well, I'll make the change.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Didn't make exceptions, didn't feel the need actually. I have the appropriate funding in order to pull it off.[/QUOTE]

This is what makes you so cool as a buyer providing us deals. We're actually getting deals rather than 'deals.'

I hope that makes sense.

[quote name='jer7583']Just make sure you let them ring the transaction through to completion. Sometimes the deals don't activate until they finalize and are ready to accept payment.[/QUOTE]

I just experienced this today when I picked up Black Ops and the 1600 XBLA card. Salesman didn't know anything about the deal, so I told him to ring it through, just to see if the price of the card came off the final total (which it did).

Definitely going to keep my eyes on kmart deals from now on. :D

Josh, is there any chance that the CoD BO deal this week would work on the hardened edition? There's a 360 one at a local Kmart taunting me. :p

[quote name='Interfeci']This is what makes you so cool as a buyer providing us deals. We're actually getting deals rather than 'deals.'

I hope that makes sense.[/QUOTE]
Thanks!

[quote name='tranceFusion']Any upcoming 360 console deals?[/QUOTE]
I have to get them in first! They have been very allocated for us recently.

[quote name='dabamus']Josh, is there any chance that the CoD BO deal this week would work on the hardened edition? There's a 360 one at a local Kmart taunting me. :p[/QUOTE]
I do not believe it is set up for a discount but if you buy it and shoot me the receipt # I'll shoot you a gift card for the XBLA card.

Ok, so just buy the BO Hardened and the XBLA Card? Or just the BO Hardened and then use the GC to get the XBLA card?

EDIT: this is my birthday, so this would be great!

[quote name='dabamus']Ok, so just buy the BO Hardened and the XBLA Card? Or just the BO Hardened and then use the GC to get the XBLA card?

EDIT: this is my birthday, so this would be great![/QUOTE]
Just the Hardened as the system isn't set up to trigger it for free on this edition. Thanks!

Josh when do most stores get games in? I went to get Two Worlds 2 today and the guy said they didn't have any in the back and he wasn't for sure when they would be getting more in.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']:) I'm shooting for a 20 points offer but thank you for the suggestion. I think a $30 on DA2 might put me in the umemployment line.[/QUOTE]

Haha, I was being a wee bit facetious good sir. I take it Kmart isn't getting the Signature or collector's edition? I'm sure it's too early for you to know though.

[quote name='wissy']Josh when do most stores get games in? I went to get Two Worlds 2 today and the guy said they didn't have any in the back and he wasn't for sure when they would be getting more in.[/QUOTE]
It can vary by store, I'll actually need to rely a bit on stock boy as he does all the replen. I know we do not plan on carrying TWII long term so I need his input. Every store though did receive it though for launch!

[quote name='jaredstorm']Haha, I was being a wee bit facetious good sir. I take it Kmart isn't getting the Signature or collector's edition? I'm sure it's too early for you to know though.[/QUOTE]
I'm still a bit fuzzy on the Signature editions with the whole date cut off deal EA had in there for pre orders. I'll definitely try and get more info for ya.

im sorry if this was asked already, as there is over 50 pages. but i went to kmart and grabbed the physical ad and went through it, when i saw the mass effect2 deal, it said i can only get dragon age half off, yet i know i was reading your post saying its any game? i didnt buy anything as i didnt want to make a scene. just wanted to see what the real deal is.

[quote name='thisjustanother']im sorry if this was asked already, as there is over 50 pages. but i went to kmart and grabbed the physical ad and went through it, when i saw the mass effect2 deal, it said i can only get dragon age half off, yet i know i was reading your post saying its any game? i didnt buy anything as i didnt want to make a scene. just wanted to see what the real deal is.[/QUOTE]
Sure, totally understand. The ad was made prior to coming up with the launch offer for ME2 based on not being able to do coupons for a while. The 50% off any other $59.99 game is good through 2/12 and can be found on the Kmartgamer.com blog which is called out in the circular as well.

[quote name='floob']i can finally add gow collections to the cart, but when i checkout it's OOS[/QUOTE]
I'll follow up with the online team tomorrow morning to see what is happening.

[quote name='fullmetalfan720']If I buy a PS3 on your website and chose store pickup will I be able to get the $50 giftcard? I ask because I would like to pay with Paypal.[/QUOTE]
Definitely should, if you do not please let me know via email and I'll make sure you get it.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I'll follow up with the online team tomorrow morning to see what is happening.[/QUOTE]

I'm also receiving the following error. Is there any type of automatic in-stock notification email we could sign up for? I'd hate to miss this deal but the local store is OOS!

I asked earlier, but I guess my question got lost in the jumble. Now we're a couple pages away and I don't suspect it's going to be seen, so I'll just ask again.

What's gonna happen if I try to buy LittleBigPlanet2 with God of War 3?

LBP2 is offering 50% off another $59.99 game. God of War is normally $59.99, but it's on sale for $39.98 with the God of War Collection.

I'm gonna assume there's no stacking between the two deals, right?

[quote name='Dejitaru_Davis']I asked earlier, but I guess my question got lost in the jumble. Now we're a couple pages away and I don't suspect it's going to be seen, so I'll just ask again.

What's gonna happen if I try to buy LittleBigPlanet2 with God of War 3?

LBP2 is offering 50% off another $59.99 game. God of War is normally $59.99, but it's on sale for $39.98 with the God of War Collection.

I'm gonna assume there's no stacking between the two deals, right?[/QUOTE]
Hi! The deal should not stack systemically from what I've been told.

[quote name='Interfeci']Just wondering, did you go there on release or a few days after?[/QUOTE]

Yes I have gone there both on release day, and a few days after. As well I have gone on on the first day when they had sales, and a few days after that.

As you mentioned, he can't really see all the stores, and can't do much about the associates. Customer service is store level, so management is the one to blame. All Josh can do is work with the publishers to try to get us some major deals on a gaming website.

Yes but I am sure he could get somebody in management to improve the customer service. Especially if he gives tje right pitch about it improving sales.

[quote name='Ray5555']Yes I have gone there both on release day, and a few days after. As well I have gone on on the first day when they had sales, and a few days after that.

Yes but I am sure he could get somebody in management to improve the customer service. Especially if he gives tje right pitch about it improving sales.[/QUOTE]
I have not been quiet, at all, concerning the customer service issues, to any support group or management. Recently there has been definite traction with this more so in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back