Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not Josh, but a lot of your questions are common sense really... So here goes.

[quote name='Green__Ranger']That being said, why no go on Tactics Ogre? Is that a niche market?[/quote]
That's the entire reason they don't carry some games. Either it's not predicted to sell well or it's a niche title. TO would sell, so that leaves one thing ;).

Also, while I understand the need to hide Kmart offers for fear of being matched or undercut, have you done a CBA against the loss of revenue for people pre-ordering elsewhere due to lack of information / doubt if you can beat a competitor?
A lot of his offers are TBA since they haven't finalized. However, if you look at it, every offer that he has released weeks early has been matched or undercut elsewhere. Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded being just the latest (if you don't count the PSP $130 deal this week).

For example, I pre-ordered MvC3 at a competitor for fear of a deal not being able to be matched. Same goes for Dragon age 2, DC online, and lbp2.
You do know that you can cancel pre-orders right? Especially on titles that aren't out yet....

[quote name='aleraiders']will the one week delay of homefront change anything besides the release day????[/QUOTE]

usually in the past when a game gets delayed it would extend the sale for another week. If its just one game coming out that week then the sale would just move over to the actual release date. OR the deal might just get canceled and replaced with a different sale all together.. seeing as theres still time till homefront comes out I'm sure josh will let us know what will happen ahead of time :).

[quote name='Colts']My Kmart is all out of Black ops and 1600 point cards... Can this deal be done online?[/QUOTE]
In the time it takes you to ask this, you could have gone to Kmart.com and added Black Ops and a 1600 point card to your cart and seen if the savings came up.

BO is $47.99 online, by the way. The total for the points card and BO at Kmart.com is $70.xx for me before tax but after shipping. I'll let you figure out the rest.

[quote name='Altanis']In the time it takes you to ask this, you could have gone to Kmart.com and added Black Ops and a 1600 point card to your cart and seen if the savings came up.

BO is $47.99 online, by the way. The total for the points card and BO at Kmart.com is $70.xx for me before tax but after shipping. I'll let you figure out the rest.[/QUOTE]

dude.

Relax.

[quote name='Altanis']I am relaxed, actually. Now, I might be a teeny bit sarcastic in that post, but don't let that confuse you with anger.[/QUOTE]

Just be nicer to people. Everybody.

[quote name='Beatofficer']Awesome, got two worlds 2, if anyone in the Sacramento area is going to get in on this deal the sunrise kmart has about 3 left on ps3 and one left on 360 as of 3pm today.[/QUOTE]
Have you been to the fruitridge kmart? Haven't been there in about 3 months. Last time I was there, it was a mess.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It means that per customer your card will only provide bonuses for up to two copies of the title that is being promoted.[/QUOTE]

Is this conformed to be in full effect now? Last I heard, that was going to be in effect soon but didnt know if it's already in place. Just want to make sure if I need to get my butt to kmart on day one for DQ6 or not. lol

[quote name='n10zguy']Is this conformed to be in full effect now? Last I heard, that was going to be in effect soon but didnt know if it's already in place. Just want to make sure if I need to get my butt to kmart on day one for DQ6 or not. lol[/QUOTE]

Going off his exact words:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']One thing that may not be popular with the SYWR deals in Feb. and the pending approval Mar. offers is that we will set a restriction for limit 2 per customer.

When the unique barcodes come out at the end of Mar. it will be the same as well.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to guess that unless it's a SYWR offer it's not applicable yet. ;).

[quote name='Doomtime']Have you been to the fruitridge kmart? Haven't been there in about 3 months. Last time I was there, it was a mess.[/QUOTE]

I haven't been there since last summer, pretty much the worst of the Kmarts in the Sacramento area. I always goto the Sunrise one now because for the most part, they have the games out on release day. There have been a couple of occasions where I've gone there before work right when they open and they had to get it in the back. There's this one older lady who is always working in the electronics section, I can't remember her name, but I know her tag says she's from the Philippines who always has the deals advertised in the case, knows where the games are, usually knows about the deals without me saying anything.

SHC-Gamer, how can you tell if you have a gaming coupon your account online at kmart.com? I ordered the Little Big Planet 2 CE the day it came out on kmart.com, and I do not think I received a coupon. Thanks.

How long does it take to for the SYWR to post to your account usually? Would it be possible to use the KZ3 points for Bulletstorm? I know this wouldnt happen with the coupons, but I have no idea how it'd work with the points. The FAQ says 7 days, wondering what ppls real life experience has been.

[quote name='DeskLaser']SHC-Gamer, how can you tell if you have a gaming coupon your account online at kmart.com? I ordered the Little Big Planet 2 CE the day it came out on kmart.com, and I do not think I received a coupon. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

i haven't done online buying through kmart so I'm not 100% sure but i would think it be tied to your account.. simply log in grab a game and see if the savings apply when you try to check out. also check the email you received and it should state something about a gaming coupon. hope that directs you in the right direction :). I'm sure if not you can email josh with the question.

[quote name='hostyl1']How long does it take to for the SYWR to post to your account usually? Would it be possible to use the KZ3 points for Bulletstorm? I know this wouldnt happen with the coupons, but I have no idea how it'd work with the points. The FAQ says 7 days, wondering what ppls real life experience has been.[/QUOTE]

well to answer your question people have been getting their points on different time/days. for the black ops deal my friend got his within a minute or two of buying the game. for me it took me a little over 2 months to actually get it. but josh has stated that the SYWR team has gotten better overtime and working out real good from this point forth.

First of all, I must thank you guys for this thread, and forum. And for Kmart for making all this awesome deals.

I just came from Kmart, and I just saved $45, I grab Mass Effect 2 and Dead Space 2 for $79.86 w/ taxes. I heard people were getting this for $86-90, and I got it for less than $80 bucks.

I apply for the Reward Zone Card, but do you actually get a card, because I'm guessing you do since the person said you just go online, well I got according to my receipt 750 points. So how much is that?

On last thing, KEEP THE GOOD WORK!!!

I know people like to classify everything the same, but please don't call it a Reward Zone card. This isn't Best Buy.

If you sign up for the card in store, you get the card right there I thought. If you sign up online you have to wait for them to ship out a card. As for how many points you earn, it clearly says on the program's website that you get 10 points per dollar. $75 x 10 = 750 points. That's 75 cents in rewards.

Am I crazy in thinking about buying PS3 games, mainly GOW pack and LBP 2, for a PS3 that I don't have, but plan to eventually get?

Regardless, I think I might finally pick up Call of Duty: Black Ops, assuming 1600 pts cards are in stock, and Two Worlds Two. I can't really pass up two relatively new games for around $90. Decisions...

finally found a local k-mart that had both dead space 2 and mass effect 2 (PS3) in stock (good ole' clifton heights) and got both for the wonderful price of $75.

thanks SHC

[quote name='craven_fiend']Am I crazy in thinking about buying PS3 games, mainly GOW pack and LBP 2, for a PS3 that I don't have, but plan to eventually get?
[/QUOTE]

Not at all. these deals are too great to pass up!

Why aren't you getting GoW3+GoW Collection?

[quote name='craven_fiend']Am I crazy in thinking about buying PS3 games, mainly GOW pack and LBP 2, for a PS3 that I don't have, but plan to eventually get?

Regardless, I think I might finally pick up Call of Duty: Black Ops, assuming 1600 pts cards are in stock, and Two Worlds Two. I can't really pass up two relatively new games for around $90. Decisions...[/QUOTE]

Not at all. I bought PS3 games before I even owned a PS3 last year (because I had K-mart gaming credit). Sadly I did not get a chance to play those games yet :lol:.

[quote name='jaredstorm']Not at all. these deals are too great to pass up!

Why aren't you getting GoW3+GoW Collection?[/QUOTE]

That's what I meant by the pack (both games)

Took the survey!

Also want to echo looking forward to deals on Square Enix's upcoming PSP releases. Looking forward to playing as Tifa in Dissidia Duodecim.

[quote name='Cangriman']First of all, I must thank you guys for this thread, and forum. And for Kmart for making all this awesome deals.

I just came from Kmart, and I just saved $45, I grab Mass Effect 2 and Dead Space 2 for $79.86 w/ taxes. I heard people were getting this for $86-90, and I got it for less than $80 bucks.

I apply for the Reward Zone Card, but do you actually get a card, because I'm guessing you do since the person said you just go online, well I got according to my receipt 750 points. So how much is that?

On last thing, KEEP THE GOOD WORK!!![/QUOTE]
Wonderful to hear; thanks!

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Not at all. I bought PS3 games before I even owned a PS3 last year (because I had K-mart gaming credit). Sadly I did not get a chance to play those games yet :lol:.[/QUOTE]
We're going to do the $50 gift card PS3 promo again in March :)

[quote name='DeskLaser']SHC-Gamer, how can you tell if you have a gaming coupon your account online at kmart.com? I ordered the Little Big Planet 2 CE the day it came out on kmart.com, and I do not think I received a coupon. Thanks.[/QUOTE]
Hi! The details actually are in the OP for Kmart.com coupons as it can be confusing.

Basically it shows up in your cart automatically during your next purchase.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']We're going to do the $50 gift card PS3 promo again in March :)[/QUOTE]

Cool, I already have my PS3 but it's good to know incase I have friends looking to get one. :D You rock.

Anybody know of any clearance priced/cheap PSP games (I see the deals this week). In my clearance section about 90% of the games are not priced and as far as I can tell there are no price scanners in the store at all.

[quote name='Colts']My Kmart is all out of Black ops and 1600 point cards... Can this deal be done online?[/QUOTE]
I do not believe this deal is reflected online.

[quote name='aleraiders']will the one week delay of homefront change anything besides the release day????[/QUOTE]
No sir.

[quote name='Green__Ranger']Hey Josh. Been a long time since I posted, but I hopped off the train beginning of January cause the local game case is pretty much a ****storm (hard to find anything on release day, or anything older a week), and I knew I didn't really like anything coming out.

That being said, why no go on Tactics Ogre? Is that a niche market?

Also, while I understand the need to hide Kmart offers for fear of being matched or undercut, have you done a CBA against the loss of revenue for people pre-ordering elsewhere due to lack of information / doubt if you can beat a competitor?

For example, I pre-ordered MvC3 at a competitor for fear of a deal not being able to be matched. Same goes for Dragon age 2, DC online, and lbp2.

just food for thought.[/QUOTE]
I think that would be pretty hard to quantify. But if a NR deal is locked up, I post it regardless of the time frame now. Just so happens that due to not having coupons running at the moment, my offer submissions are at the mercy of the SYWR team.

To be honest, PSP software $29.99 and greater is a very hard market at the moment and Tactics, though a great game is not a good fit for us yet.

[quote name='tjm0711']Josh - Any idea when I can expect the GC from last week's deal? hopefully before Killzone 3 release.[/QUOTE]
I don't have a way unfortunatley of knowing who is who by a CAG username. I would need to refer to the email and then to my sheet as to when everything was shipped out. I followed up with everyone that emailed me and said it should take 7-10 days. However, with the Blizzard in the mid west I do not know if there are any intransit delays.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I don't have a way unfortunatley of knowing who is who by a CAG username. I would need to refer to the email and then to my sheet as to when everything was shipped out. I followed up with everyone that emailed me and said it should take 7-10 days. However, with the Blizzard in the mid west I do not know if there are any intransit delays.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Josh. I'll just email you after the 10 day mark if I haven't gotten or heard anything. I think today is day 8 for me.

Oh snap! I signed up for SYWR when black ops came out for the $25 promotion and the card finally arrive today!

Finally, I can spend the $25 promo point haha

before you ask, my kmart REFUSES to make me use the point without the actual card. Said they need to scan it

To answer my own question, they actually priced/tagged all the stuff in the extra aisle but now hardly any of it is clearance. Oh well...

Damn, my Kmart ran out of copies of Two Worlds 2. I really wanted it at that price. The guy told me they wouldn't do rainchecks either. I guess I'll have to wait for a price drop on Amazon.

[quote name='Dysheekie']Damn, my Kmart ran out of copies of Two Worlds 2. I really wanted it at that price. The guy told me they wouldn't do rainchecks either. I guess I'll have to wait for a price drop on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Apparently the demand at retail has far exceeded the first print run southpeak did. It's selling out everywhere, according to some article I saw recently.

[quote name='jer7583']Apparently the demand at retail has far exceeded the first print run southpeak did. It's selling out everywhere, according to some article I saw recently.[/QUOTE]

Good to hear. After the improvements in TW2, I can't wait to see what they will do if there's a TW3.

[quote name='AnbuZabuza']Is it too late for me to take advantage of that Black Ops + MS points offer?[/QUOTE]
:bomb: :wall:

The deal started on Jan 30 and lasts a week. What's today?
Deals begin on Sundays or Tuesdays (release deals) and end on Saturdays, unless it's a special sale such as Black Friday.

Josh. Is there a way i can get my SYWR card even with an existing account? i signed up during just prior to the COD BO release and still only have the printable temp card. I never received a laminated one yet. Thanks

[quote name='boneless']Josh. Is there a way i can get my SYWR card even with an existing account? i signed up during just prior to the COD BO release and still only have the printable temp card. I never received a laminated one yet. Thanks[/QUOTE]

go to the SYWR website, call number and ask for another one....

[quote name='medetron']go to the SYWR website, call number and ask for another one....[/QUOTE]
He can also go the store, get a new card, and then in his account online (on the page that shows up when you login) click on the "Change Card" link and enter the new number.

[quote name='Altanis']I'm not Josh, but a lot of your questions are common sense really... So here goes.

That's the entire reason they don't carry some games. Either it's not predicted to sell well or it's a niche title. TO would sell, so that leaves one thing ;).

A lot of his offers are TBA since they haven't finalized. However, if you look at it, every offer that he has released weeks early has been matched or undercut elsewhere. Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded being just the latest (if you don't count the PSP $130 deal this week).

You do know that you can cancel pre-orders right? Especially on titles that aren't out yet....[/QUOTE]

It's easy to say common sense when you didn't answer the question.
While I agree that it takes the risk of getting matched, that's why I asked if a CBA was done, not why he doesn't release them early.

While I believe that Kmart has the best deals for the most part, and are def more consistent, there are enough deals at other retailers that make me hesitant to wait on Kmart all the time.

Off the top of my head, Halo Reach at best buy was essentially 30-34 in credit (20 in GC, 10 in RewardZone, another 0-4 for gamerzone cashback), and they had other freebies. Fable 3 from amazon was better as well, 20 in credit+two items that sold for on avg 30 bucks. There was no release deal on Dragon age ultimate. I think amazon matched the KH birth deal, and threw in some decals. Also, BlackOps was a better deal at amazon if you were lucky (20 credit, framed laser cell, and 10 off MRSP).

I understand you can cancel pre-order items. But sometimes, gaming credit is tied up and if you cancel you lose it. And even if you could get your credit back, the deal might not be worth it to cancel now.

And of those 5 most recent games I have pre-ordered, only one would be worth to cancel for Kmart (MvC3). Three of them would be a wash, (dco, lbp2, ds2; better if you pay with previous credit=no tax on that amount, free shipping), and one is by far better at another retailer so far(dragonage2).

If Kmart deals would have been released early enough to compare deals, I would have certainly went 4/5 with Kmart, as opposed to 1/5.

p.s. I thought tactics would sell well. Hence why I asked if it was considered niche, explaining why they don't carry it. (I do think it's gameplay is niche, but I thought it was mainstream enough to sell well)

Last edited by a moderator:
And your entire argument can be defeated by one simple line:

Either wait and see what Kmart's deals are, which are typically released 4 weeks or more before the release of an item, or buy elsewhere. Josh can't magically tell everyone what the deal is 8-12 weeks in advance if he doesn't know whether a deal will happen.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I think that would be pretty hard to quantify. But if a NR deal is locked up, I post it regardless of the time frame now. Just so happens that due to not having coupons running at the moment, my offer submissions are at the mercy of the SYWR team.

To be honest, PSP software $29.99 and greater is a very hard market at the moment and Tactics, though a great game is not a good fit for us yet.[/QUOTE]

Sorry missed this in earlier post.
I agree that it WOULD BE HARD, but possible. Good reason to ask for more in budget for a Quant Analysis guy, maybe even 2!! haha
To be honest, it would probably give you a leg up on your competitors too.

Heres a bad analogy, but akin to the Houston Rockets, Portland Trailblazers, and San Antonio Spurs hiring Quant guys to analyze statistics well before the rest of the NBA did. And it did give them so much of a leg up on the competition, that the rest of league started to follow suit. (minus this year, rockets and blazers have been besieged by injuries)

Point taken for psp comment. Thanks for the honesty, and it makes sense coming with the psp2 announcement. Speaking of, think this will be a stock issue for kmart on release day? (I know, very very very long time, but still good info to have =])

[quote name='Altanis']And your entire argument can be defeated by one simple line:

Either wait and see what Kmart's deals are, which are typically released 4 weeks or more before the release of an item, or buy elsewhere. Josh can't magically tell everyone what the deal is 8-12 weeks in advance if he doesn't know whether a deal will happen.[/QUOTE]

Don't know about you, but that doesn't look like one line.

And what argument are you talking about? MY QUESTION was if a CBA was done (and I implied if not, it should be done/taken into consideration).

And I'm pretty sure a store's business model shouldn't be "Either wait and see, which are typically released 4 weeks (sometimes yes, sometimes no) or more before, or buy elsewhere".

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back