Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='affa']IGN might as well not even review PS3 games-there are far better sources. They consistently give half-assed reviews. Anyway, they still gave KZ3 a great review.[/QUOTE]

Are you serious?

At least do some research on these things if you're going to talk nonsense.

Anthony Gallegos (the writer of said "half-assed" review) talked about how much he likes the killzone series and how good killzone 3 is for like 20 min on his own personal podcast this week.

Stop acting like every press outlet that doesn't give your system's games perfect scores is biased. It just makes you sound childish.

When it comes to reviews i usually look at Gamespot. I think they also gave it an 8.5. Is anyone else on an FPS overload? I am big FPS fan but its kind of beenoverwhelming since Last march with BFBC2,MOH,COD:Black Ops, Battlefield: Vietnam. And now there's more to come with Killzone 3, Bulletstorm, Homefront, Crysis 2, Brink, Duke Nukem Forever, Operation Flash Point, Rage, Battlefield 3, MW3. I pretty sure i forgot some.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']When it comes to reviews i usually look at Gamespot. I think they also gave it an 8.5. Is anyone else on an FPS overload? I am big FPS fan but its kind of beenoverwhelming since Last march with BFBC2,MOH,COD:Black Ops, Battlefield: Vietnam. And now there's more to come with Killzone 3, Bulletstorm, Homefront, Crysis 2, Brink, Duke Nukem Forever, Operation Flash Point, Rage, Battlefield 3, MW3. I pretty sure i forgot some.[/QUOTE]
Generally, I prefer mission-based or tactical FPSs. I wish Ubisoft would give us an update on the Rainbow Six franchise.

[quote name='jer7583']Almost any character can 100% if they have full meter and use X-factor.

Unfortunately that means you're left with no meter and X-Factor lasts longer and is much more useful as a comeback tool when you're down to your last character.

100% combos aren't bad if it means you're down to your last character and it's now 2 on 1 vs 3 on 1. And it's not something you're going to be seeing multiple times per match.

It might not even make sense to save that much meter cause it's useful for so many other defensive and offensive maneuvers in the game.[/QUOTE]

Well, I hope it all works out. Don't want to see this turn into MvC2 where you can only use 6 characters.

Once again, thanks so much for taking such an active role in reaching out to the CAG community and really caring about the customers. In today's world with faceless corporations that clearly could not care less about people, this is so refreshing and appreciated. After I started with the "coupon train" with PS Move controllers and games, KMart played a major part in providing me with new games to play when I broke my ankle shortly thereafter, leaving me in a state where I couldn't do much else except for play games. If this helps your cause at all, the CAG thread lead to all of the following purchases (that I can remember at least), from the Hagerstown, MD store:

PS Move controllers and games
Castlevania Lords of Shadow
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Vanquish
Sly Cooper Collection
NBA Jam
LBP2 CE (online order)

And plan to purchase:

Marvel vs Capcom 3 Special Edition
Killzone 3
Pokemon Black
Super Street Fighter IV - 3DS
Dead or Alive Dimensions - 3DS
WWE All Stars

Having a reason to go into Kmart again also brings back those memories of crowding around the SNES demo unit with all of the other kids playing some Street Fighter 2 while waiting for their parents :)

Awesome, I just got confirmation from my bank's rewards program that the $25 Kmart GC I put in for on January 22nd (yeah, 2 weeks ago... I need a new bank) shipped on Monday. I should have it in time to get DQ6.

That has made my day. About the only way this would get better would be to find out that my lab class this afternoon is canceled.

Josh, thank you for the deal on DQ6. GS has the preorder plush thing, but that doesn't compete with getting $15 off Pokemon Black & White. Plus, with this GC, I get DQ6 for $10 anyway.

This is my plan:
DQ6- $35 + tax - $25 GC = $12.50 or so after tax + $15 in SYWR points
PKMN Black- $35 + tax - $15 in points (DQ6) = $22.50 or so after tax + whatever the bonus is (even if there isn't one, I'll take that).

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I definitely view it as a priority title for sure. I was one of the ten people who bought Frontlines: Fuel of War and loved it.[/QUOTE]

Hey, we're in the same small club of 10! :)

I haven't finished F:FoW, but I enjoyed some aspects including the drones (what, 2 years before Black Ops) and the way enemies would spawn from behind in areas you just thought you cleared. Too many shooter campaigns are too linear, which hurts the sense of realism.

Since KAOS' crunch on Homefront is now infamous, I'll have to check out the game at some point to honor the sacrifice of the dev team.

Is Mario Sports Mix live today? I know the OP says 02/09 and this has briefly been discussed before but I don't remember seeing anything definite.

Thank you

[quote name='Lyricsborn']When it comes to reviews i usually look at Gamespot. I think they also gave it an 8.5. Is anyone else on an FPS overload? I am big FPS fan but its kind of beenoverwhelming since Last march with BFBC2,MOH,COD:Black Ops, Battlefield: Vietnam. And now there's more to come with Killzone 3, Bulletstorm, Homefront, Crysis 2, Brink, Duke Nukem Forever, Operation Flash Point, Rage, Battlefield 3, MW3. I pretty sure i forgot some.[/QUOTE]
Definitely sick of FPS if they're doing the same old crap... Still looking forward to Bioshock, Rage, and probably Brink though.

[quote name='Dynamic3']Does the MvC3 deal apply to the special edition (assuming you will be carrying it)?[/QUOTE]

You probably won't be able to find it as they weren't able to secure that many, but if you do the promotions ALWAYS apply to the special editions as well.

Will kmart stores get the special editions of Marverl vs. Capcom 3?

I skimmed the last several pages and couldn't find the answer, sorry if it's been asked already.

[quote name='affa']IGN might as well not even review PS3 games-there are far better sources. They consistently give half-assed reviews. Anyway, they still gave KZ3 a great review.[/QUOTE]

You got to be kidding me (all IGN reviews for PS3 new releases)... 8.5 Killzone 3, 9.5 Mass Effect 2, 9.0 LittleBigPlanet 2, 9.0 Dead Space 2. Can you just shut the fuck up now...

IGN doesn't play favoritism. Although I don't agree with them all the time, they are pretty consistent with how they review games (thus I normally only do GB Quick Picks and/or reviews out of magazines such as GI).

[quote name='elebit12']Will kmart stores get the special editions of Marverl vs. Capcom 3?

I skimmed the last several pages and couldn't find the answer, sorry if it's been asked already.[/QUOTE]
Yes, I dont know if it'll be very many though.

My browser here at work won't let me use any of the search functions on this website, but you guys may want to try searching for posts by Stock Boy because questions about the MVC3 SE have been asked countless times and I think he may said how many they were getting at some point but I can't say for sure. I could be getting it confused with the numbers he provided for LBP2.

[quote name='chriscolbert']My browser here at work won't let me use any of the search functions on this website, but you guys may want to try searching for posts by Stock Boy because questions about the MVC3 SE have been asked countless times and I think he may said how many they were getting at some point but I can't say for sure. I could be getting it confused with the numbers he provided for LBP2.[/QUOTE]
The MvC3 CEs were on a request basis. You had to email SHC-Stockboy.

[quote name='GBAstar']Is Mario Sports Mix live today? I know the OP says 02/09 and this has briefly been discussed before but I don't remember seeing anything definite.

Thank you[/QUOTE]

I'd wait a day, only about 15% of stores got it yesterday and Nintendo is shipping the rest to stores landing today so there's a good chance your store doesn't have it just yet.

[quote name='mattvander']Sorry if it's been answered already but how are the Ferrari codes being distributed?[/QUOTE]

I don't think it has been answered... I'm asking the same question

I'm not sure if this has been answered before...I'm not able to find it........Is the limit of 2 SYWR offers per title or per platform(I'm looking to buy 2 MVC3 PS3 & 1 MVC3 Xbox for my colleagues & I) - will I get bonus points for only 2 or 3?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I've got the details on the bonus listed; heading to a meeting now. Let me know what you all think![/QUOTE]
Can anyone tell me what the bonus is? Can't view the Kmart blog at my work, it's blocked on account of the catagory being 'Games.'

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Its a small photo/ poster[/QUOTE]
Eh, now let's see if my store actually gets any in or if it will be 'Black Ops Patches' all over again.
EDIT: BTW, thanks.

8" x 11"
Marvel_vs_Capcom_3_GWP_poster.jpg

[quote name='klingon666']If I mass effect 2 for the ps3 and get 50% off another 59.99 game does it have to be another ps3 game??[/QUOTE]

Nope, any $59.99 game.

The MvC3 offer is valid in NYC, yes?

Sorry if this has been answered already, the OP makes mention of the Weekly Ad not being effective in NYC

[quote name='chocula87']The MvC3 offer is valid in NYC, yes?

Sorry if this has been answered already, the OP makes mention of the Weekly Ad not being effective in NYC[/QUOTE]

Also from the OP:

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

[quote name='mattvander']Sorry if it's been answered already but how are the Ferrari codes being distributed?[/QUOTE]

Just got back from my kmart and got TDU2 for ps3. There is an insert in the box with a unique, one use psn code to download the Ferrari. It is NOT an in game unlock code or something like that. The cover of the game also calls out the kmart exclusive Ferrari code and that you get TDU for psp for free (which I thought was interesting). But that graphic is part of the cover, not a sticker, so this is probably a different UPC from the normal version a la kmart's Enslaved w/ comic.

[quote name='DeskLaser']Once again, thanks so much for taking such an active role in reaching out to the CAG community and really caring about the customers. In today's world with faceless corporations that clearly could not care less about people, this is so refreshing and appreciated. After I started with the "coupon train" with PS Move controllers and games, KMart played a major part in providing me with new games to play when I broke my ankle shortly thereafter, leaving me in a state where I couldn't do much else except for play games. If this helps your cause at all, the CAG thread lead to all of the following purchases (that I can remember at least), from the Hagerstown, MD store:

PS Move controllers and games
Castlevania Lords of Shadow
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Vanquish
Sly Cooper Collection
NBA Jam
LBP2 CE (online order)

And plan to purchase:

Marvel vs Capcom 3 Special Edition
Killzone 3
Pokemon Black
Super Street Fighter IV - 3DS
Dead or Alive Dimensions - 3DS
WWE All Stars

Having a reason to go into Kmart again also brings back those memories of crowding around the SNES demo unit with all of the other kids playing some Street Fighter 2 while waiting for their parents :)[/QUOTE]

That got me to thinking of what I've done in the last year at Kmart after not going into a store in several years:

In no real order: Borderlands GOTY
Vanquish
Heavy Rain
Castlevania: LoS
Dante's Inferno
Dead Space 2
Enslaved
Gran Turismo 5
Mass Effect 2
NBA Jam
Nier
Sly Collection
Two Worlds 2
Dragon Age Origins Ultimate edition
And Last, but not least, I THINK, MLB10 The Show.

Also while in there, bought some non-gaming stuff like cleaner, drinks, groceries, etc.

Future Plans:
MvC2
Bulletstorm
MLB11 The Show
I preordered DA2 on Amazon 'cause I wasn't sure if Kmart was going to get signature editions.
Skyrim
Uncharted 3
I'm sure there will be more as the deals come since some deals are too good to pass up.

Thanks Josh, Kmart is one of two places I will buy video games at now. It helps that my Kmart is pretty good and has good employees.

Wow. I was just told by my local store employee that they may not be offering the deals on SYWR points and are holding back on putting the games involved on the shelf until further notice! I laughed as I thought she was joking, but she was serious. Her manager told her NOT to put them out yet! Thats great for business.... I would have been buying two copies of each title today (MSM and TDU2). Oh well, guess I'll save my $200 cuz my Kmart dont want it....

BTW... Waterville, Maine store.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Its a small photo/ poster[/QUOTE]
A poster makes sense in this case. Shinkiro's style is gold.

Awesome bonus, SHC!

Now to hope that the employees have them out to give away sometime before November

:)

I emailed stock boy about Marvel CE but I realize they probably won't be very common. Just wanted to know if the store nearby would get any. If not no big deal.

[quote name='brewin']Wow. I was just told by my local store employee that they may not be offering the deals on SYWR points and are holding back on putting the games involved on the shelf until further notice! I laughed as I thought she was joking, but she was serious. Her manager told her NOT to put them out yet! Thats great for business.... I would have been buying two copies of each title today (MSM and TDU2). Oh well, guess I'll save my $200 cuz my Kmart dont want it....

BTW... Waterville, Maine store.[/QUOTE]

Email Josh; he'll contact the store for you.

Included in the box actually.

[quote name='sadboy']A poster makes sense in this case. Shinkiro's style is gold.[/QUOTE]
It's more a print then a poster; not sure if that matters but has a denser feel to it.

[quote name='brewin']Wow. I was just told by my local store employee that they may not be offering the deals on SYWR points and are holding back on putting the games involved on the shelf until further notice! I laughed as I thought she was joking, but she was serious. Her manager told her NOT to put them out yet! Thats great for business.... I would have been buying two copies of each title today (MSM and TDU2). Oh well, guess I'll save my $200 cuz my Kmart dont want it....

WHAT!!!! Oh I hope you email me.

[quote name='jer7583']Awesome bonus, SHC!

Now to hope that the employees have them out to give away sometime before November

:)

I emailed stock boy about Marvel CE but I realize they probably won't be very common. Just wanted to know if the store nearby would get any. If not no big deal.[/QUOTE]
Over/under is set at September.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It's more a print then a poster; not sure if that matters but has a denser feel to it.[/QUOTE]
We on da same page.

[quote name='Beatofficer']That got me to thinking of what I've done in the last year at Kmart after not going into a store in several years:

In no real order: Borderlands GOTY
Vanquish
Heavy Rain
Castlevania: LoS
Dante's Inferno
Dead Space 2
Enslaved
Gran Turismo 5
Mass Effect 2
NBA Jam
Nier
Sly Collection
Two Worlds 2
Dragon Age Origins Ultimate edition
And Last, but not least, I THINK, MLB10 The Show.

Also while in there, bought some non-gaming stuff like cleaner, drinks, groceries, etc.

Future Plans:
MvC2
Bulletstorm
MLB11 The Show
I preordered DA2 on Amazon 'cause I wasn't sure if Kmart was going to get signature editions.
Skyrim
Uncharted 3
I'm sure there will be more as the deals come since some deals are too good to pass up.

Thanks Josh, Kmart is one of two places I will buy video games at now. It helps that my Kmart is pretty good and has good employees.[/QUOTE]
It really does come down to the store just as much as the deal itself. Thank you for sharing!

wow, maybe she thought there was a print out error as the cash back is too much? lol

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It's more a print then a poster; not sure if that matters but has a denser feel to it.[/QUOTE]

hmm would that mean it has that glossy look to it?

[quote name='tylerp76']Just picked up test drive 2. Used my card. Didn't get points. Time to email josh[/QUOTE]

check your receipt does it actually have your account on the top of the receipt?

Josh, do you have any deal plans for what I'm calling Trilogy Collections Day (3/22), the day when the Splinter Cell, Tomb Raider, and Prince of Persia collections all release?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back