Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Altanis']Contact the SYWR people by phone?

I suggest phone since it's the easiest way to explain what happened.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I emailed them and I'm also going to call them tomorrow since I finally have a day off. Just was weird, I was wondering why they told me I had no points when I tried to use the $4(got double points from it) from the Wii purchase.

did anyone else have problems with SYWR points i bought 2 copys of each game and only 500 pts per game i emailed josh so i hope this all gets taken care of

Im very happy you have added offers for Yakuza 4 and playstation move heroes. Anytime I look towards amazons way for something you keep sucking me right back in. Also you should probable remove child of eden from march as I see its been delayed again until June by the looks of things.

So the website for SYWR is still broke? Am I still not supposed to worry about this when getting the deals?

The longer story:
Try to add SYWR number to my online account. It tells me:
"We're sorry, but we're having trouble matching you membership number to our records. Please fill out one of the below fields so we can confirm you are the owner of this member number."

So then this screen pops up after I put in the correct phone number:
f4licw.jpg

Except that's not the case. It does not get added to my account and next time I log in it takes me through the same process with the same results.

Kmart: $25 Reward Bonus for Marvel vs. Capcom (B&M) Kmartgamer is pleased to announce that with every in-store purchase of Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (Xbox 360, PS3) from February 15th though the 19th, Shop Your Way Reward members will receive a bonus 25,000 points (a $25 dollar value)! This is a limit 2 per customer offer.

Also, a while supplies last, exclusive 8" x 11" Marvel vs. Capcom 3 photo has been sent to every Kmart store for the launch of the game. These will go fast as there are only a few per location!

http://www.mykmart.com/mykmart_blog/Marvel-vs-Capcom-3

For future notice - and I present this with no hostility - there is a stickied Kmart thread. A rep (SHC-gamer) actively participates and posts all current deals in the OP.

Does anyone know if Marvel's gonna put out an official MvC 3 comic book series at all? Or is the little short one included with the LE the only one?

[quote name='thegreek']Will this include the CE?[/QUOTE]
Yes, if you can find it. Better hope your local Kmart gets some in and you get there early though.

Question for you dudes. I've been reading about this 'Ser Isaac of Clarke' armor code for DA2, but it wasn't in the box. Is this solely tied to purchasing the game and registering your EA account, or was it supposed to be in there? No one I know in person has purchased the game, so it'd be pointless to ask.

[quote name='Interfeci']Question for you dudes. I've been reading about this 'Ser Isaac of Clarke' armor code for DA2, but it wasn't in the box. Is this solely tied to purchasing the game and registering your EA account, or was it supposed to be in there? No one I know in person has purchased the game, so it'd be pointless to ask.[/QUOTE]
Xbox version had a card in the box. PS3 version did not have that card but you're supposed to be able to get the costume at some point I imagine by going through Dead Space 2 and signing into your EA account. So you need the disc for the PS3 version.

Edit: Or what medetron says below.

[quote name='Interfeci']Question for you dudes. I've been reading about this 'Ser Isaac of Clarke' armor code for DA2, but it wasn't in the box. Is this solely tied to purchasing the game and registering your EA account, or was it supposed to be in there? No one I know in person has purchased the game, so it'd be pointless to ask.[/QUOTE]

i believe only the xbox version has the code in the dead space 2 edition. the ps3 will have the code probably in the DA2 box.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Yes, if you can find it. Better hope your local Kmart gets some in and you get there early though.[/QUOTE]

I'm the only customer my local Kmart has. It's a very sad place:cry:

I checked the Kmart thread for info on this before posting unfortunately I looked at the end of the thread to see current deals..but anyways figured some like me would like to see this in a thread of its own so it gets recognized

[quote name='GirlsRscandalouz']I checked the Kmart thread for info on this before posting unfortunately I looked at the end of the thread to see current deals..but anyways figured some like me would like to see this in a thread of its own so it gets recognized[/QUOTE]

yeah, thanks! great job :applause:

[quote name='EarthKing']Hopefully Amazon will price match and I'll get it.[/QUOTE]
I don't think this will happen because quite a few people are getting the 360 copy from amazon at 50% off. But if they do, then woohoo! :whee:

[quote name='mitnosi']I don't think this will happen because quite a few people are getting the 360 copy from amazon at 50% off. But if they do, then woohoo! :whee:[/QUOTE]

Hopefully...I don't feel like getting treated like crap to get a deal...If not, then I'll just PM with best buy.

SHC Gamer or related folks or anyone - 2/15's release of Marvel vs Capcom 3, is there way to find out if a specific store has the collector's edition for this hot title (for a particular gaming segment)?

Yeah, that was really weird. It's a link to post #5, which I was linking to.

Must have not gotten Firefox to copy the link right. Possibly due to the internet here being slow as molasses here right now.

[quote name='EarthKing']Hopefully...I don't feel like getting treated like crap to get a deal...If not, then I'll just PM with best buy.[/QUOTE]

Can you even PM something like this that's a gift card type offer instead of a sale price? If so, I'd much rather go to Best Buy than I would K-Mart.

And seeing as this is a really good deal for a fairly big game that is coming out soon, I'd also like to say that I'm quite happy that it was posted in its own thread. I would have never noticed otherwise.

[quote name='ryosnk']How does the reward work? You get cash back or a gift card?[/QUOTE]

Deals like this never give cash back. They're referred to as "bounce backs" for a reason. They want to get you back to the store again, and they want you to get their e-mails. If they were just going to hand you back 25 dollars, they'd just put it on sale for $34.99.

[quote name='SpaceInsomniac']Can you even PM something like this that's a gift card type offer instead of a sale price? If so, I'd much rather go to Best Buy than I would K-Mart.

And seeing as this is a really good deal for a fairly big game that is coming out soon, I'd also like to say that I'm quite happy that it was posted in its own thread. I would have never noticed otherwise.[/QUOTE]

I don't know...Maybe if it's in the ad. It won't hurt to try.

As far as the survey goes... i am one of the chosen ones. I'll report on how the focus group went.... unless they require an NDA in order to get my payment, in which case, i'll get paid and you'll know that you can't know what I know about what you want to know about this.

[quote name='Scorch']enufs8d - exert even the smallest amount of effort, please, and read the first few posts. Contact information is in them.[/QUOTE]

I find your comment highly offensive. I did read the first post before I posted my question. I've been following SHC since his original post. And I've been here long enough to not warrant the usual newb reply of read the first post. ahem.. Ergo. Also, Scorch, I appreciated your work with old GC threads.

But I will admit that even with reading the first page, I didn't make the connection here. Senior moment. I say to don't so quick to assume someone hasn't read the first post.

I believe that other people want to know this answer as well. This question was originally by someone else in a separate ps3 mvc3 thread. Hence, a post seemed a better querey.

It's not in the first post, but it's in the first five, colored red with text larger than usual. I didn't mean to sound rude, it's just.. it's been asked about a hundred times now, and it's in the first string of posts where you'd expect it to be. Not a knock against you or anything, but it gets tiring when people ask the same thing over and over. I apologize if you took any offense by me calling you lazy :)

SHC I assume you just have to be opted in to Kmarts emails to get the SYWR deals, but I don't know if that's just Kmarts emails, or all of the emails.

On the website in your profile there are options for Kmart, Sears, Mygofer, Craftsman, The Great Indoors, and Sears PR.

I only have the box ticked to receive emails from Kmart. Hopefully that doesnt cause a problem.

[quote name='ShockandAww']SHC I assume you just have to be opted in to Kmarts emails to get the SYWR deals, but I don't know if that's just Kmarts emails, or all of the emails.

On the website in your profile there are options for Kmart, Sears, Mygofer, Craftsman, The Great Indoors, and Sears PR.

I only have the box ticked to receive emails from Kmart. Hopefully that doesnt cause a problem.[/QUOTE]

As long as we have an email on file you will get the bonus points. I signed a guy up just today and all it asks for is an email, there are no options as to what you opt in for and opt out of, therefor it appears to work as long as an email is on file. The entire opt in portion of the signup process is for text messages for those that put their cell phone numbers on file, nothing to do with email.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Scorch']It's not in the first post, but it's in the first five, colored red with text larger than usual. I didn't mean to sound rude, it's just.. it's been asked about a hundred times now, and it's in the first string of posts where you'd expect it to be. Not a knock against you or anything, but it gets tiring when people ask the same thing over and over. I apologize if you took any offense by me calling you lazy :)[/QUOTE]

His post wasn't originally in this thread. It was a stand alone thread about the 25 dollar MvC3 deal. That is, unless I'm mistaken and you directed the above to someone else. Either way, it's true that the info is easy enough to find.

If someone picks up Mario Sports Mix today and get the 15000 SYWR points can you post on here for confirmation? I was under the impression the deal would be live yesterday IF you store got stock (mine did) but Josh was aware that most stores would not get inventory until today (WED 02/09) so he put that as the live day in the OP. If the deal is working then I'm just going to return / rebuy before I call the SYWR department.

thanks

I certainly hope for Josh's sake that they get this issue ironed out by next week. At this point it sounds more like they just don't have it programmed in the system right due to people who had previously gotten bonus points with no problem are not getting them now. I have a hard time believing it's an opt-in issue since (unless I missed it) nobody got any bonus points for anything yesterday.

[quote name='rzenger']^^ That should pretty much cover all of the questions about why people didn't get their points yesterday.[/QUOTE]

I think that only applies to Mario as they didn't have Tuesday as the release date of that game cause of shipping issues.

[quote name='rzenger']^^ That should pretty much cover all of the questions about why people didn't get their points yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I wasn't even thinking about that because I figured everyone saw that. I was referring to the 360/PS3 TDU2 points people were not getting. Of course it could be for the same reason (even though it shouldn't have been) and everything will work fine today.

Josh, is there anyway that when the selection for the focus group is finished, you could notify us or post it in the thread? I would just like to know when the selection is over, so I can stop asking my wife when I get home if anyone called for me.

[quote name='rzenger']Josh said this yesterday

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8149357#post8149357[/QUOTE]
I have a couple of purchases yesterday under investigation to 100% confirm the issue is the email issue.

Nevertheless, I'm not going to let SYWR members who were trying to take us up on this promo come away empty handed so please continue to send me your receipts so that if any feedback I get from the SYWR is unsatisfactory I can then make it satisfactory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back